[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

7 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I think by sleep he may just mean sleep and not sex.

That's true. What's really gnawing at me is whether he felt too lonely after the post it that he needed to be next to Ji Ho... I mean what does that mean? Is that even good?

6 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

What did SeHee's dad do to JeongMin? Because it sounds brutal!

JeongMin:

"I've removed all my things. Except for this."

"In front of me, don't talk about your father."

"In front of me, don't talk about your family."

"In front of me, don't mention 'us'."

"Don't be happy."

"Don't love."

And SeHee was there sobbing, telling her that he'll explain to his dad.

What happened man? What did that yangban do?!

And JiHo had resorted to calling SeHee a "(19)80 Ajae." And recited for him how he was in middle school when she was in elementary, and was a "Soldier Ajae" when she was in high school. HAHAHAHA. 

*Ajae = Charming Ahjusshi.

Something really bad, I assume. And in the preview, the ex said something about "I didn't think you'd get married." Was that right??? I don't know what to make of her whole running her hands on the surface of the diner table smiling a nostalgic smile... and what? Did they, as in Ex and SH actually see each other before she let herself out of the restaurant

8 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Strangely enough, I don’t hate the Ex. Yet. Hahaha. She seems pretty cool. I wonder what they were saying during the breakup scene. I thought I heard Jeong Min say, “father.” And the Ex is gorgeous, too! Hahaha Se Hee has a type. 

I was worried that when he was reading the post it that he would start distancing himself from JH. Thank the heavens for that manly door stopping request hahahah. 

Am I crazy for wanting Se Hee to call Ji Ho, Ji Ho ya at this point? Has he dropped formalities yet? 

Thanks, @teep523 for the translation of Se Hee’s voice over at the end. 

That's the thing. I don't hate the ex either. I feel exactly like Ji Ho. Which is why I think it's even more foreboding because that's going to mark some sort of scratch on Ji Ho's self esteem. She is THE love. She isn't just anyone. And to top it off, She's smart, kind, beautiful. It's brutal!

• Like 7

The written preview for next week if someone can translated it :

이번 생에 처음으로 좋아하는 남자와 한 침대에 나란히 눕게 된 지호(정소민)
지호와 세희(이민기), 마주 보고 누워서 내밀한 대화를 나누던 와중
지호의 문학적인(!) 도발에 긴장하는 세희... !

원석(김민석)이 아무런 전조 없이 호랑(김가은)에게 이별을 선언했던 사연이 밝혀지고..
호랑이 행복하기를 바라는 원석은 호랑의 연락을 받고,
무언가를 굳게 결심한 얼굴로 약속 장소로 향하는데...

자신의 습작 '거북이 고시원'이 메인 작가와 조감독의 새 작품으로 
탈바꿈해 제작되는 사실을 알고 멍해지는 지호.
그런 와중, 한 제작사 대표의 연락을 받게 되고, 
그 회사에 찾아갔다가 뜻밖의 인물과 마주치는데... !
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, chubbyzmae said:

Oh i almost forget...thank you for the recap @teep523 @kimnabong @xxPeepsxx @yusefull @meiil and all for the recap. 

Tonight i got a fever. But so your recap seems medicine for me....:wub:

@chubbyzmae

sorry for cut your post (newbie here, don't know how to tag and post photo yet)

YES, THANK YOU soooooo much for recap.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

My god this drama just keeps getting better. 

Although it is very concerning, Se Hee bringing Ji Ho to the place he broke up with Jeong Min is a good sign. If he were truly unable to shake off the hurt of his past, he wouldn’t have been able to look at that same spot, let alone sit there. It’s like he is rebooting his heart again with new memories. 

The poetry book and post it scene worried me more. But I am glad that he is taking steps to overcome it. 

I like this trail of thought. So Ji Ho is the antivirus to the virus that the ex injected as she left? Oh well, I'm certain though that they'll end together. I think I'm seeing things through JH's perspective right now and I'm so afraid of whether this will crush her. I feel like I need to protect her or something (which is probably what SH feels). Dang, the direction is good in this drama.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kimnabong said:

That's true. What's really gnawing at me is whether he felt too lonely after the post it that he needed to be next to Ji Ho... I mean what does that mean? Is that even good?

Sorry to cut your post. Actually, there was a nagging feeling that I had from the post it. Then when he sat next to Ji Ho. The shot taken from their backs stood out to me because of what was written on Se Hee’s shirt. “just alone.”

i hope that him asking to sleep next to each other isn’t a move to quell his sadness from memories of his past.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, angelflower said:

@ck1Oz Thanks for letting me know! I usually watch the episode again after the subs are out to find out the missing bits and enjoy the video as a whole. But with this show, I've been kinda letting it languish for watching later in the week so that the wait doesn't feel as long lol.

So I know everyone's live watching now. But I saw a new making video on tvN and it's so cute. Not much translation is needed - it's when JH cooks at SH's house and she keeps eating the food, even when the director was about to roll XD They also showed her Kwai recording with LMK, which they were both proud of. LMK is so cute with the child actors! 

Also I'm dying because the first clip of the episode has been uploaded! SH was talking during their kiss and yet they were both not letting go KYAAAAA!!

Phone rings...

SH: JH-ssi....Your phone is ringing... JH-ssi....

JH finally lets go.

SH: Your phone.

JH: Oh, mum? What is it?

Mum: What do you mean what? Where and what are you two doing? Why are you not coming back?

JH: We're by the sea, of course.

JH: What can we do by the sea? Of course we're looking at the sea! 

JH: Alright, got it. We're coming.

SH: Shall we get going?

SH: Weren't you too angry with your mother?

JH: When was I... ah, it's because when I use satoori, my voice gets louder. People asked me the same question at university.

SH: Well, that might be true. From my experience here today, people here use the tense sounds for all neutral sounds. (He gives examples of some Korean consonants).

JH: You analysed that in that time? 

SH: Yes. Well I had to understand what they were saying to do kimjang. 

omg i missed this scene during the first minutes live streaming.. JH is literally eating him.. LOL.. and she wants it more.. the lips.. the men.. hahaha..  owh JH, i believe many 30 years old women with little to no experience in love would understands u.. your whole body and it's system need him..

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

14 minutes ago, 8mel said:

Did my wish just came true? Bedscene? Well i think almost... haha.

i don't know what to feel about this episode. I'm laughing, getting anxious, sad and laughing again.. And now i'm getting more curious about what happened between SH and JM, was there some unfinished business between them?

JM seems like the female version of SH, cruel version of him. Why did she wished him not to be happy. I can't say i hate her just yet cause she seems miserable as well. But it's too late now, SH wants to be happy with JH. So back off!!

Yeah, she really does look like his female counterpart. I don't know if she's cruel though. It makes me really curious about what happened in the past. 

15 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I too felt the same.. But I feel this is going to strengthen his feelings for JH.. Yup the ex is scary somewhat.. But I feel SH will not hurt JH as his ex is a proof not to hurt anyone again.. 

I guess SH will learn to love truly in this process.. JH too will be able to get back to her dream of writing n stand by herself.. 

Seriously, thanks. I think I really need the optimism like this one. In that flashback there, I felt like I was suctioned into a 90s tragic movie or something. You know those Korean romantic tragedy films in the 90s that just makes you feel like you'll die crying all throughout? I was all, wait am I watching the same drama? Go back to pink and fluffy Ji Ho, Se Hee Nim. Follow the light. Ji Ho and Kuyangi. They are the light. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, kimnabong said:

That's the thing. I don't hate the ex either. I feel exactly like Ji Ho. Which is why I think it's even more foreboding because that's going to mark some sort of scratch on Ji Ho's self esteem. She is THE love. She isn't just anyone. And to top it off, She's smart, kind, beautiful. It's brutal!

He didn't feel too lonely and went to JH to seek comfort, he admits to himself he's ready to be happy again and he wants this with her.

The let's sleep together is his way too show that he's indeed ready. (BTW pretty sure he meant just sleep)

JH self esteem will have a shake once she finds out her new boss is LH ex etc etc but at the end of the day all this experience will only make her stronger. That's why this isn't ur typical kdrama full of clichès and tropes, this show hits home and therefore portrays things as realistically as possible. At the end of the day JH will be the winner and in order to do show she needs to experience a few shakings on the way.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

No, she said, "I did something like that before, marriage."

Oh sorry. I just heard it quickly once. Ok hopefully that means they were almost st the point of marriage but it didn't go through.

I also want JH to be the active choice. I haven't watched the episode yet, so can't judge yet. But I don't like all these comparisons to the ex, but I guess that can't be helped. Your past experiences do shape you. 

• Like 8