[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

20 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

@frostflower14 BAHAHAHHAHAHAH divine power trumps all other gifts xD love the lengths she goes to for it, first the buns and then the bridal gift AHHAHAHAHHAA

Yep, that's the running joke, the  lengths Jin Mi will go to swindle  everyone's Divine Power. In the book somewhere, she made Xu Feng promise to give her 300 years of his power in exchange for growing a mushroom that was an antidote to cure his poison.

Then when she found out The Emperor of the Heaven Realm could potentially be her father she shamelessly asked him to transfer some of his power. When that bubble burst, Jin Mi found out her real father was the Water God and asked him to give her some of his power.

After Jin Mi and Xu Feng get married, she asks him for divine power every night!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Yep, that's the running joke, the  lengths Jin Mi will go to swindle  everyone's Divine Power. In the book somewhere, she made Xu Feng promise to give her 300 years of his power in exchange for growing a mushroom that was an antidote to cure his poison.

Then when she found out The Emperor of the Heaven Realm could potentially be her father she shamelessly asked him to transfer some of his power. When that bubble burst, Jin Mi found out her real father was the Water God and asked him to give her some of his power.

After Jin Mi and Xu Feng get married, she asks him for divine power every night!!!!!! 

The question is....what purpose does she want all that divine power for? LOL she'd probably sell her soul to the highest bidder in exchange for divine power at that rate O_O

2 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

The question is....what purpose does she want all that divine power for? LOL she'd probably sell her soul to the highest bidder in exchange for divine power at that rate O_O

Thats one of the questions she asks herself in one of the epilogues since she doesn't need to go kill enemies nor is she a powerful political figure. In the beginning she wants the divine power because she had already reached her max level and was not getting anymore powerful no matter how much she tried. But after she marries Xu Feng she asks for Divine Power every night to prove if he loved her as endlessly as his divine power (he's very old and very powerful, so he has an endless supply of divine power)

To him giving her his power is a test of how much she loves him, so one person robs  and the other is willingly to be robbed.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:54 AM, IMOmusings said:

My only concern with so much revenge between OTP...am I going to get a HE or will I be bawling my eyes out at two heart-broken gods O_O

I'm hoping that they will add the end epilogue into it, but if not i will take the HE of the OTP. Please don't let this be another PA ending cause hated that ending. . 

I think the 2 leads will do fine as long their is strong leadership and direction from PD & Director,  Build that team dynamic like 3lI3l and embody the character, it will be great success  Now the expectation from me as a fan of the novel is high but drama adaptation have the creative responsibility to do the novel justice  Appearances wise both leads have the ability to fit into the role.  I haven't seen their previous works but the stills alone I can see the potential.  I hope they promote this a bit more as I would love to see how the story looks on screen!!!

Hopefully someone here will be able to share more if there are any updates relating to the drama!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Loved the trailer so much,didn't read to novel so i'm total clueless about all...I must say i was quite worried at the beggining because the promo posters and pics online were quite dissapointing and "cheap" i might say in terms of quality but i adore the finished product,it looks sooo colorful worthy of a fantasy land...Will our leading girl marry the dude in all white,Run Yu?Also,does the original source have a happy ending as i see in the trailer a moment were both of them are layed in a coffin as a sign he choose to be with her in her eternal sleep not to mention our bloody heroine showing harming the hero several times,on that bed scene were she is all white as a Queen and kills him,or is some misleading twist to it.I see in the synopsis it says she does kill him once..Soooo sad now that it's only in 2019,soooo much time left,i mean it's not even 2018,ah we cdrama fans will really become Buddha!!!

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Loved the trailer so much,didn't read to novel so i'm total clueless about all...I must say i was quite worried at the beggining because the promo posters and pics online were quite dissapointing and "cheap" i might say in terms of quality but i adore the finished product,it looks sooo colorful worthy of a fantasy land...Will our leading girl marry the dude in all white,Run Yu?Also,does the original source have a happy ending as i see in the trailer a moment were both of them are layed in a coffin as a sign he choose to be with her in her eternal sleep not to mention our bloody heroine showing harming the hero several times,on that bed scene were she is all white as a Queen and kills him,or is some misleading twist to it.I see in the synopsis it says she does kill him once..Soooo sad now that it's only in 2019,soooo much time left,i mean it's not even 2018,ah we cdrama fans will really become Buddha!!!

OMG SAME!!! Love the trailer so much!!!

I’ve read the novel and totally love it. This novel is my second fav fantasy novel following Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. Totally recommend everyone to read it once.

I was quite worried when they announced that they will made a drama out of it. But seeing how amazing 10MOPB were, I was all in for this. The poster didn’t really captivated me tho, I was quite disappointed. But the trailer is sooooo good! I can already see that the quality is going to be amazing. Haven’t seen any works from Yang Zi or Deng Lun before so I’m very curious of how they gonna portray Miss Peach and Phoenix.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Will our leading girl marry the dude in all white,Run Yu?Also,does the original source have a happy ending as i see in the trailer a moment were both of them are layed in a coffin as a sign he choose to be with her in her eternal sleep

Yes, Jin Mi(leading girl) have an arranged marriage with Prince Run Yu. The original ending were different from that scene, we don’t know if that scene is actually the ending or not. In the novel, Jin Mi died in the hand of Xu Feng in order to stop the The Heaven Celestial vs Demon War. However, her soul then trapped into Xu Feng’s eye. Whatever he look at is whatever she sees.

Jin Mi is very bad at drawing, however, when she draw Xu Feng, her painting become incredible lively. This proved how much she is in love with him. Xu Feng saw the paintings and cried. His tears which carries Jin Mi’s soul fell down and Jin Mi is reincarnated into the mortal ralm. Xu Feng then took her back and married her. Their marriage life is totally hilarious and lovely.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Yes, Jin Mi(leading girl) have an arranged marriage with Prince Run Yu. The original ending were different from that scene, we don’t know if that scene is actually the ending or not. In the novel, Jin Mi died in the hand of Xu Feng in order to stop the The Heaven Celestial vs Demon War. However, her soul then trapped into Xu Feng’s eye. Whatever he look at is whatever she sees.

Jin Mi is very bad at drawing, however, when she draw Xu Feng, her painting become incredible lively. This proved how much she is in love with him. Xu Feng saw the paintings and cried. His tears which carries Jin Mi’s soul fell down and Jin Mi is reincarnated into the mortal ralm. Xu Feng then took her back and married her. Their marriage life is totally hilarious and lovely.

Thanks a lot,went and read the final chapter 24 and indeed it was sooo good,soo sad and yet soo romantic with how the writer decided to make her be a tear in his eyes,so poetic i might say...Still her being a mortal in the end will mean they will again separate no,as she has a small lifespam...

I guess my heart will really ache and cry for Phonix in this drama just based on what is shown in the trailer(being betrayed,killed etc.)...Not reading the source material i must say i'm sooo happy seeing Deng Lun as the titular hero as he looks fantastic(love him in red) and think he will be able to deliver,he is a great actor(i have my 1% when talking about actors as we have the dubbing stuff and i think part of one's talent is when he is showing his emotions with his original voice,intonation etc,don't know if that made sense...i can't point out on actors if they are wow or decent or plain bad if i know someone else is emoting for them and not hear them)

43 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

i have my 1% when talking about actors as we have the dubbing stuff and i think part of one's talent is when he is showing his emotions with his original voice,intonation etc,don't know if that made sense...i

About the dubbing, I think this drama is going to use real audio(sounds and voices). Just few days ago, they released one of the epilogue cut from the drama, as an old cdrama fan, I’m 100% sure that’s Yang Zi’s and Deng Lun’s real voice. And I agree, the voice play a huge role in acting. Can’t wait for this drama >~<

1 hour ago, Pandafighter86 said:

About the dubbing, I think this drama is going to use real audio(sounds and voices). Just few days ago, they released one of the epilogue cut from the drama, as an old cdrama fan, I’m 100% sure that’s Yang Zi’s and Deng Lun’s real voice. And I agree, the voice play a huge role in acting. Can’t wait for this drama >~<

Oh,such a great treat,to be able to enjoy their real voices and emotions!!!Such a great info!!!:wub:

by the way,are the two divine people that die in the trailer(the man trying to touch the women's hand before dying) her parents?

Newbie to this thread..... damn huge fans of Deng Lun !!! kkkkkk

I hope they follow exactly like the novels.. b'cos i have read the novels and i am in love with it.. i even cried when i read the novels....

On 10/29/2017 at 1:04 AM, Pandafighter86 said:

OMG! Deng Lun original voice is soooo seducing!