[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

38 minutes ago, paperwishes said:

Unfortunately there isn't a english translation of it yet if I'm no wrong. I do have the link to the chinese version though.

and Thankyou @visiopeia @sugarplum892 for rec those dramas. I'll check it out!

Thanks--I found an English summary, I guess that will have to do for now. :-)

Also, as for where they're going to fit the epilogue plot in the drama,

Spoiler

I think it would be interesting if they tweaked the original ending of the novel to fit it--after her death, she is reincarnated as a mortal without her memories and Xu Feng asks for a heavenly trial so he can be a mortal too and accompany her until her lifetime is over and they can live together again as immortals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clawedzip said:

Do you know where I can find an English translation of that epilogue?

For anyone wanting to read the English translation of the novel, Decembi did an amazing job. Here is the link to her site: http://onesecondspring.blogspot.com/?m=1

Of course, prepared to be spoiled...and blush. She also translated the intimate scenes.

And here is the translation for the fifth epilogue which was specially written for the drama: https://dorayakiz.wordpress.com/2018/02/17/new-epilogue-for-heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So happy that someone is subbing it. 

A lot of YangZi's friends were promoting the drama on weibo which was cute. I think this is going to be her breakout role. Could be for Deng Lun too. He had a mini break out with Because of You which had big ratings but he needs another hit to cement himself. So far this drama has a lot of buzz online and good worth of mouth plus good TV ratings. 

• Like 1

Anyone has watched ep 13?? i got myself confused... So Ji Min is the emperor's daughter or the water god's daughter???  Both gods fall for the same flower goddess?? 

ep 14 preview seems to be a heart breaking episode.. gosh.. got to get ready tissue then

1 hour ago, visiopeia said:

Anyone has watched ep 13?? i got myself confused... So Ji Min is the emperor's daughter or the water god's daughter???  Both gods fall for the same flower goddess?? 

ep 14 preview seems to be a heart breaking episode.. gosh.. got to get ready tissue then

The flower god has a loveline with both emperor and water god. But ultimately, the emperor gave up on Flower god and married the Huo feng (tian hou) while water god mended her heart afterwards. JM is the daughter of the water god.

; - ; This is the beginning of our stupid bird's heartbreaking journey

7 hours ago, paperwishes said:

Hide contents

The flower god has a loveline with both emperor and water god. But ultimately, the emperor gave up on Flower god and married the Huo feng (tian hou) while water god mended her heart afterwards. JM is the daughter of the water god.

; - ; This is the beginning of our stupid bird's heartbreaking journey

But why the emperor dare to admit that Ji min is his child? that is why i am confused... XD

9 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

But why the emperor dare to admit that Ji min is his child? that is why i am confused... XD

I think you're confused because you think of a god's pregnancy as similar to humans which is why the timeline doesn't work.

The start of the drama shows that Jin Mi wasn't carried in the Flower Goddess's stomach like us humans but produce from flowers and water (?). I guess gestation length varies for them depending on some factors. At the same time, the flower goddess told her minions to adjust Jin Mi's birth year so as to hide her true identity.

This is just my guess, btw!

11 hours ago, bubbletea17 said:

Episode 1 has been subbed

I don't care if the subs aren't good. I've been waiting and constantly checking the page also searching around if anyone has sub it. At least this is better than nothing.

I'm actually reading the translated book as I watch, so kind of follow along and understand what is going on.

• Like 1

why the emperor dare to admit that Ji min is his child?

my exact question lol!  Maybe because the emperor thought she was his child as well??  Does the emperor know the water god also liked the flower goddess?

Also, why does it seem like anyone can go into the flower realm (like the empress, water god, RY) despite there being an invisible protective guard around it?

Why wouldn't he? He's the emperor, what is anyone going to do to him? Plus, he was so obsessed with and possessive of the previous Flower Deity, it makes sense that he would be proud of the idea that she ended up bearing his child...

24 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

Just wondering if it's going to be a happy ending.  I don't like non happy ending drama.  Just want to save my time.  Thanks 

according to the novels.. it is a good ending.. but not sure about the drama version 

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

When the flower god knew that the emperor is marrying Huo feng, she told him to go ahead and then the emperor rape the flower god. If I remembered correctly.

From the novel, it's a happy ending :) Just that there's a lot of emotional struggles on our way there. There's a behind the scene photos of them hugging a child though. So I assume they're ending it with them and their child (bai lu). :wub:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

according to the novels.. it is a good ending.. but not sure about the drama version 

According to the author of the novel (who also worked on the script for the drama), the novel and drama are extremely similar. I don't think they're going to change the ending.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

my exact question lol!  Maybe because the emperor thought she was his child as well??  Does the emperor know the water god also liked the flower goddess?

Also, why does it seem like anyone can go into the flower realm (like the empress, water god, RY) despite there being an invisible protective guard around it?

Yes, he knew.

Spoiler

The Flower God left the Emperor because he chose to marry the Empress for political reasons (he needed the support of the Bird Realm to take overall control of the 6 realms). The Flower God later fell in love with Water God, but the Emperor was jealous of their relationship so he purposely decreed that Water God and Wind God be married (shown in Ep. 1). He then tried to make Flower God his concubine. The evil Empress was jealous then she tried to kill the Flower God by fire poison thus injuring her fatally. The Flower God knew she would not live long so she pretended that she did not love the Water God, and turned him away.

The Emperor assumed that Jin Mi was his Daughter from the Supposed birth date. The Flower Realm Gods hid the true birth date. He did not dare to openly acknowledge her in front of the Empress but entered her dream later that night and claimed that he was her Father.

It’s really funny that the first thing Jin Mi asked for was for the Emperor to pass her some spiritual cultivation, and he willingly passed her 5,000 years (FH passed her 1,000 years). She must be quite powerful by now :D

Edited by omiki
Clarity and spoiler box
  • Like 2

hahahahhaa ep 14 preview is funny... Ji Min says that "she accept her father and she get a husband" something like Buy one free one ... laugh dies me... 

but it will be heart broken to all of us, as our Phoenix is heart broken after heard that Ji Min's future husband is not him but his brother... sad sad... gosh tonight gonna prepare tissue 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2