[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

12 hours ago, lemonysnicket said:

Im finally watching 33 and 34 subbed, and you know what! I am really intrigued. Hahahaha. Was too quick to judge. Am i the only one who finds the politics interesting? Anyone knows if this is an actual issue irl? (Maybe not in Korea perhaps but other parts of the world with HS and ageing populations in remote areas?) 

In my country we have Flying Doctors which is almost the same concept as hospital ship - the medical personnel are deployed to give medical consultations and emergency services to remote areas.They even have to stay overnight or days at certain area depending on the weather.

Despite being disappointed with the non-existing kiss scenes between the OTP, somehow the current conflict involving the Hospital Ship is reflecting real life situation. Government are trying to cut subsidy as much as possible. The flying Doctors service in our country only receive 1% of the Healthcare budget allocated and every year the allocation is getting lower and lower. It's always being used as political bullet during elections campaign at the remote constituencies. So, in the drama, the politicians trying to cut budget by ending the Hospital Ship services issue is actually quite realistic. 

However, I do question the timing of the plot. Why introduce it only when it's 2 hours left on the show? Hopefully they don't drag the issue too much and finish it by the first episode next week.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, mathildafc said:

However, I do question the timing of the plot. Why introduce it only when it's 2 hours left on the show? Hopefully they don't drag the issue too much and finish it by the first episode next week.

Maybe they plan to extend the drama by few more episodes? If they do, when would they announce it?

Somebody at dramabus mentioned that this drama is about healing, it is a slice of life drama, and the romance was just one nice storyline that goes along with the big story about healing. I think that was right. This drama is so warm, the love story goes with that beautiful scenery where KW gave SEJ a backhug, telling her not to fake her feeling just to make him happy. They starting something genuine, an honest, warm love story that grows stronger day by day, so there is no such heart fluttering (or was it heart wrecking :tongue:) romance the way I've got from My Love Eun Dong, On The Way To The Airport or Habaek's Bride that brought me deep into the land of romance with capital R....where the hot kisses is an integral part in it....

I think warm is the keyword here, this drama is a warm feeling that heals those who are broken,or hurt.. So, let's drink our tea and let the story goes..let's have faith in the writernim and PD nim's work,  because so far it all was smoothly delivered.

Hi gals… This thread becomes quiet after yesterday episode.LOL. I think mostly are still frustrated with the story-line… Cheer up gals. Just like others me too feeling bit disappointed with the script because it’s going not as our expected like other K-dramas. I don’t know gals... Or might be I was expecting too much romance scene from medical drama LOL.:blush:

Now I know why HJW choose this drama. Writer-nim wants to show us about life, conflict occurring, also about the real pure and clean love which is really happens in real life. Somehow it make this drama feels different compared to other currents K-dramas, which is mostly depends on romance scene to up the ratings. But if I'm not wrong, medical drama RTDK also gave 2 kisses in their drama-line but still they got the highest ratings. 

But, to be honest I'm quite scared if writer-nim chooses an open ending for HS like happened in Hwangjini... Oh no, that decision they make are purely based on the fact that the other was always on their mind. It really hit me through the heart and punctured a hole in it numerous times. And until now I don’t know where that minister in Hwangjini is.LOL. :D
So for sake of this time, I'm begging you please don't make an open ending for HS, Writer-nim..... Please..... chaebal. 
At least please present us one happy ending kiss, so that we can stick those moments about HyunJae and HS in our heart to be remembered after this end.:unsure:

And once again, Hospital Ship does not disappoint with the plotline and character development! I had to go back to googling the medical terms since they are back and came up in yesterday's episode.

But, first things first. Who, I mean WHO, is the idiot who thought giving elders a laptop for their health check-up would be a good idea? I mean, seriously?? I'm not trying to downgrade elderly people, but there are many Korean grandma and grandpa who do not know how to use technology. Like if somebody gave my grandma and grandpa that laptop for telemedicine, not uh. It ain't gonna work unless my aunt or uncle helps them, and I am sure there are many, MANY more elders just like my grandparents who would be in the same situation. No wonder the healthcare center had all of them asking that lady doctor how to work the thing! Because they simply can't figure it out on their own! Once again, I'm not trying to say elderly people can't use technology whatsoever because I know there are some elderly people who can use technology, but there are also a majority of elderly people that don't know how to use technology. Also I thought the general medicine guy (the one who was over the video call) was a jerk, but man he is completely right!! Why is a internal medicine and general medicine talking to each other over a video call to figure out what to do with the patient? I agree with that doctor!

And I guess this brings me to my next point, with the chairman. Of course, there always has to be something like this... Trying to use the hospital and the telemedicine technology for his own personal gain and earn money. Maybe something like this would happen in real life, but I really do despise the chairman. He's basically threatening KJG's father, saying, "oh remember our partnership and deal," and trying to use Geoje Hospital for his own gain: get rid of the hospital ship and promote the telemedicine (which I think is still completely stupid to give to elderly people). The chairman needs to go right now. Lowkey hoping that the son comes into this scene and gets rid of his father's whole idea with the telemedicine and let the hospital ship still run. I was pretty much frustrated and annoyed at KJG's father AND the chairman in Episode 35, 35.

Okay, okay, enough about the idiotic chairman and the whole thing with the telemedicine. But yes, once again Hospital Ship shines with the storyline and the whole theme with family. I swear, every time this drama has a swag/squad walk with the hospital ship crew, it just cracks me up. Okay, honestly, I might be in the minority with this, but I'm glad that the drama moved on with the storyline with the politics and the whole issue with the hospital ship and didn't give us alot of OTP moments. Actually what I enjoy most about this drama is the subplots with the patients: seeing the hospital ship family working together to help the patients on the island, and constantly bringing in the whole theme of family. I'm not saying I don't like OTP moments, but if Hospital Ship started to give us cutesy, corny and cheesy romance scenes with our OTP (like SWDBS or other romance dramas), I feel like it would be so unnatural (?). Let me explain this...  If Hospital Ship suddenly started to focus only on our OTP and gave us a whole bunch of cutesy scenes of the two of them, it's not like HS to do so. Hospital Ship isn't a romance-centered drama like some other dramas are. Hospital Ship doesn't just focus on the romance between KH and SEJ, but it also expands on the idea of the hospital ship family going to each island, treating patients, and what they have to face while on the hospital ship. It's a very heartwarming and touching drama, but at the same time there are heartwrenching moments too. I like how Hospital Ship has these subplots about patients on the island, and when they show the hospital ship family treating them, showing surgeries, medical procedures, using medical terms, and how the drama focused on each character's story. Most of all, I love when Hospital Ship brings in the theme of family and helping others. I think this is when Hospital Ship shines the most, and I mentioned that the best episode of HS was the chuseok episode.

You know, in previous episodes, I actually loved watching seeing our OTP working together and treating the patients. In this week's episode, I know we only got a couple OTP moments (and didn't get any kiss scene), but I love how the drama gave us these moments that were really sweet, touching and heartwarming (Like the ramen scene and bridge scene). Now the two of them are in a relationship and I feel like these OTP scenes show us how the two of them know each other so well now and how mature they are. I'm enjoying seeing their relationship like this: mature and sweet at the same time. I love how the two of them complained about the other nagging at them, haha :lol: And then when KH knew immediately that SEJ wasn't actually laughing, but she was doing the same thing he did in the past. And then KH told SEJ not to go through these hardships by herself since that's what she tends to do.. Ahhh, KH knows her so well.. I'm actually really happy and satisfied with our OTP's relationship and how it's progressing. Honestly, SEJ came so far. She went from being someone who had a cold personality, rarely showing any emotion, and never falling in love with someone and only focusing on her success as a doctor TO being someone who cares deeply for the hospital ship family, the patients, and found someone to love, showing more emotion and smiling more... Ah, just thinking about how SEJ ended up falling for KH... *melts*

Okay, this post is getting awfully long so I'll end my thoughts on this past week's episode and leave this beautiful photo here:

FHQ2AGp.png

(The way KH just stares at SEJ :wub:)

@arore4eva yup it's awfully quiet compared to the aftermath of earlier episodes.  Guess it felt anticlimatic and disappointing haha. Cheer up girls! Enjoy the story for what it's worth and how it's different from other kdramas. It has really affected me deeply though so i guess I'm biased.

I agree with your observation about why HJW chose this drama :)

17 hours ago, Pyori said:

2 last episode hope the last kiss bets will win,  because if still no kiss scene until the last episode, we all here might be have wierd profile picture.... :lol: haha

Haha, that would be hilarious!! What if there was no kiss scene and everyone ends up changing their profile picture..

17 hours ago, lovegirl92 said:

AND OMG I have to see this ahjussi in my profile pic for the whole next week... I 'm even madder now...

I'm sorry chingu :sweatingbullets: It's only until we get the preview!

People who bet the kiss scene would be in Episode 33 and 34, you can change your profile picture back when the preview is released. Recapper chingus, we can change our profile pictures when Episode 37,38 is out since we voted for Episode 35 and 36. For the rest of the chingus, I wish you luck..

PS... I changed my profile picture too (finally)... Sorry for changing it so late, I was caught up with all my school work. Good bye beautiful photo of KMH..

I dono if I should be happy or sad about the epis..

m glad they are not deviating from their main concept and focusing on different issues faced by hospital ship... 

At what he same time, I really wanted to see some romantic OTP moments... :( I mean when we have such good leads, who will not wanna see some good romance btwn them :bawling:  

6 hours ago, ferily said:

Haha, that would be hilarious!! What if there was no kiss scene and everyone ends up changing their profile picture..

I'm sorry chingu :sweatingbullets: It's only until we get the preview!

People who bet the kiss scene would be in Episode 33 and 34, you can change your profile picture back when the preview is released. Recapper chingus, we can change our profile pictures when Episode 37,38 is out since we voted for Episode 35 and 36. For the rest of the chingus, I wish you luck..

PS... I changed my profile picture too (finally)... Sorry for changing it so late, I was caught up with all my school work. Good bye beautiful photo of KMH..

how long we have to use this old bag avatar?? I got sore eyes already. hahahaha!!

BTW, my mom doesnt know how to use mobile phone let alone computer even though she can read and write. She's 74 this year. Going to 75 next year January. But in this drama, one of the old man did mentioned he didnt know how to write and read. So yes, that was the dumbest idea to give a laptop to the elderly. 

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@eim1 and @lemonysnicket, I'm with you in really liking the episodes this week. I actually enjoy the quiet warmth of EJ and H's romance, and that they are now firmly a couple. A few kisses would have been nice, but that would have been icing on the cake for me. I know there was speculation that EJ and H might have another separation which I was desperately hoping wasn't the case since that would have indicated this drama as being dominated by the romance (or lack thereof) which wasn't what it had been previously.

I also like the fact that both EJ and H are mature and responsible to their professions of being doctors. They don't need to move joined together at the hips at all times. H knew he needed to get some help for the elderly patients and he went and did it. Just as EJ did what she had to do. And, though they aren't keeping tabs on each other on a minute by minute basis, I was happy to see them being a couple.

Count me in. Like episodes 33-36 as well. SEJ and KH are professionals dedicated to their vocation and caring for the patients and hospital ship family. They are a couple yet they still manage keep their personal strengths and their influence on each other are for the better. Actually I think there scenes are more intimate because they really connect on a more personal and deeper level. They can talk things out and are intuitive of what the other feels. I like how they have that market scene again and showed how SEJ changed thje way she deals with the vendor and her overall demeanor which is KH's influence all the way. And how KH saw EJ's sadness despite her smiles. 

Just love the hospital ship crew working together too especially the doctors and nurses going out of their way to treat and care for the elders. It is so touching.  

8 hours ago, ferily said:

Honestly, SEJ came so far. She went from being someone who had a cold personality, rarely showing any emotion, and never falling in love with someone and only focusing on her success as a doctor TO being someone who cares deeply for the hospital ship family, the patients, and found someone to love, showing more emotion and smiling more... Ah, just thinking about how SEJ ended up falling for KH... *melts*

Totally agree! Like how sweet, supportive, and so patient KH to SEJ. Perfect boyfriend, :wub: Just their mere holding hands and gazes are enough to swoon over. I am pretty  sure we will get at least one more kiss before the drama ends ( crossing fingers ).

Just finished watching 35-36 subbed. Mind-blown (for a kdrama, this is excellent. Have I missed any other equally good recent ones?)

The whole cast really just came together. I cried like anything during the bridge sunset scene.  And there was some good script writing going on there. I forgive you, writer-nim. Sorry I ever wanted to throw you to the sharks

I promise i will only judge the remaining 2 eps after I've watched them subbed. LOL!!!

but yea ok if u girls wanna protest for a kiss i guess I'm in.... hahahahaaha 

Hahaha I'm just getting around to watching this week's episode and I feel so bad for those that had to change their avatars to doosung chairman and ship inspector guy, I'm so glad I didn't place a bet, I actually don't mind the politics now that I'm watching it, I just hope this drama doesn't end with hand holding, smiley gazes and hugs, writernim I need more 

P. S: the scene where eun jae's legs were hurting I legit thought he was gonna give her a piggyback ride aka dramaland's favorite mode of transportation 

8 hours ago, junejungki said:

how long we have to use this old bag avatar?? I got sore eyes already. hahahaha!!

BTW, my mom doesnt know how to use mobile phone let alone computer even though she can read and write. She's 74 this year. Going to 75 next year January. But in this drama, one of the old man did mentioned he didnt know how to write and read. So yes, that was the dumbest idea to give a laptop to the elderly. 

Have to keep the chairman jerk profile picture for a few more days :D

But yeah, I don't know why people thought giving technology to the elderly was a good idea...

5 hours ago, cnblueminhyuk said:

Hahaha I'm just getting around to watching this week's episode and I feel so bad for those that had to change their avatars to doosung chairman and ship inspector guy, I'm so glad I didn't place a bet, I actually don't mind the politics now that I'm watching it, I just hope this drama doesn't end with hand holding, smiley gazes and hugs, writernim I need more 

P. S: the scene where eun jae's legs were hurting I legit thought he was gonna give her a piggyback ride aka dramaland's favorite mode of transportation 

I thought the same thing too, during that scene!! As soon as I saw it, I was thinking, piggyback scene?? But the drama decided not to do it haha

3 hours ago, kangjaehwa said:

Guys why dont we just bet again in the last 2 episode?  Like is there going to be a wedding or an open ending @ferily can you do this again,  for our thread to be lively!  

Hmmm, what kind of bet now?

Archived