[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2017 at 10:14 AM, stargazer187 said:

After reading the summary, I wonder that this is kinda similar to I'm not a robot which is also an upcoming kdrama starring YSH. 

What's with the same theme? new trend maybe in dramaland.

Hellohello-red-crab-emoticon.gif In this drama Seo kang Joon is going to play the role of a robot. I just saw a few moments of the preview via the KBS awards and this looks very cool. More scifi then than the rest of the robot trend.

Beating hearts and fiery infernos in 'Are You Human Too' teaser.

areyouhuman8.jpg

areyouhuman35.jpg

Given that the next trope trend on the horizon is android dramas, I’m excited at this glimpse of the our next entry in the genre, Are You Human Too, and especially at how different it is from our currently airing one, I’m Not a Robot. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the adorable romance and heart-pangs that I’m Not a Robot is giving me, but given that comparison between the dramas is inevitable, I’m glad to have them be more different than not.

Are You Human Too takes a much more serious, dramatic approach to the android premise, and seems tension-packed and action-driven based on this initial teaser. So far I’m liking the look of the show; it certainly looks to have made full use of its 10 million won budget and its fully pre-produced schedule (the drama has wrapped filming).

The show also puts the android front and center, which is the opposite of I’m Not a Robot; I’m intrigued to see how it’s the robot getting the bulk of the character and plot development, not the human. That’s because the premise

centers around the android, Nam Shin-III, being brought in to serve as secret placeholder for its human counterpart, Nam Shin, a third-generation chaebol who lies in a coma. Seo Kang-joon plays both versions, and it’s Shin’s mother Kim Sung-ryung, a renowned AI expert, who is responsible for the switch; she creates the robot in her son’s image, and asks him to “protect Shin’s place.”

Spoiler

The teaser starts out with both versions of Shin coming face to face in surprise, and one asking, “What does it mean when our faces and names are the same?” Mom tearfully asks Shin-III (“a robot more human-like than a human”) to call her Mom, and the two embrace.

Yoo Oh-sung can always be counted on to play an ambitious villain, so I expect him to be our resident baddie here. He growls menacingly for someone to “do it in one job,” and we see a dangerous car chase unfold on the road, and Shin-III behind the wheel of a car.

As the android emerges from a car and is greeted by a staff of bowing employees, he says, “I’m not the Shin of the past.” Someone tells him in a low voice, “For god’s sake, act like Shin,” and he replies, “I’m Shin, too.” We see Shin embrace Gong Seung-yeon, who plays a bodyguard, and then an explosion rocks the interior of a restaurant. An angry voice yells, “I told you not to do anything conspicuous! Why don’t you listen?”

Then as Shin covers Gong Seung-yeon’s eyes, she says she can hear his heart beating. As he carries her out of a burning building, he tells her matter-of-factly, “I don’t have things like hearts.” Are You Human Too will premiere in early 2018.

cr

21 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

WOW -

thats for sure I Drama I need to watch - even so - I guess I will be in deep trouble. Thats not really the Storyline screaming for an happy end... What can I do - I soooo love the Teaser.

I saw it too early - now  I need to wait...

I read about it but was trying to stay away until I saw the teaser, now the wait is on. I don't know about the ending either but it looks like this drama is going to be good. 

Have they announced a date for the premiere?  

18 hours ago, evie7 said:

Wow, I love it! Thanks for posting it. Omo, they better show this soon. KBS, please this ajumma is dying to watch this. 

I so hyped! I'm crossing my fingers, 'cause I really DON'T want to be disappointed by this drama, and what I've seen so far is so exciting!

4 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

I so hyped! I'm crossing my fingers, 'cause I really DON'T want to be disappointed by this drama, and what I've seen so far is so exciting!

I feel ya, I thought about it before I posted but the teasers look so good, I have missed Seo Kang Joon,

j063GMc.png

We get some actions scenes, I love dramas w/some action.

2c4rKDn.png

I  can't wait to watch him in this.

Annyeong everyone. This drama sounds interesting, something like INAR. I will watch cause I like such genre. Also there's the mesmerizing Seo Kang Joon with his gorgeous eyes and beautiful smile. It's good to see that Seo Kang Joon now is a main lead including his previous drama.

Wow they pair up both leads who have gorgeous eyes. Gong Seung Yeon has similar colored eyes too. Hope to see my chingu deul here......

7 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone. This drama sounds interesting, something like INAR. I will watch cause I like such genre. Also there's the mesmerizing Seo Kang Joon with his gorgeous eyes and beautiful smile. It's good to see that Seo Kang Joon now is a main lead including his previous drama.

Wow they pair up both leads who have gorgeous eyes. Gong Seung Yeon has similar colored eyes too. Hope to see my chingu deul here......

I can´t see it as anything like INAR - and that is good for me.

Gosh - I love what I see until now. .. intense...

I keep watching the trailer - and I hate that I found out too soon. One week waiting is enough torture for me. I need to check out the writer.

Happy to see you here chingu happy-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774073

Archived