[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

@darr He does not explicitly state yet, but he realized when he came across the human NS. If you recall the teaser trailer, he will directly tell mom “he didn’t know why he was made, until...”

tbh I think there is more than meets the eye when it comes to mom...  wouldn’t it be a hard choice for her to do that to her ‘son’ because she’s not heartless? And yes she would do anything for human NS, but still (considering the spoiler) I think the end will tie back to NS3. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, darr said:

I earlier said something like this.

She created him to feel in the void.

So she made him to be as exactly as she would have wanted her son to be,still, have it in mind that if she reconnects with her son,tmshe will just kill him.

She created him to use him. So she is not different from the wolves out there who are after the company ,grandpa etc.

They all have the same motive.

Let's see how she will respond d as her work is getting out of control and oh my, I hate to see the disappointment if he realises that she was actually using him.

I must have missed it but did our robot knew he was created to replace the real NS for the mum till she reunites with her real son? 

Cos this will let us know what the mum was actually thinking and going to do if things spiral out of control.

He knows he was created to replace his human son not the part 'till reunite' part I think. Even I m not so sure about it. 

I think it's too early to judge mom at this point like I said she probably made the kill switch in previous versions as well. It's hard to believe she won't hesitate to kill the robot after meeting his real son. I can't even throw out my teddy bear I got for my 12th birthday lol. 

But yes once human namshin wakes up NS3 can be viewed as a threat to him. Assistant Ji said 'I don't care about anything as long as we can help NamShin even if he will never forgive me for that'. Why would he say that? Does that mean we have yet to see his dark side as well? Will he try to kill our robot for Human Nam Shin? 

About the kill switch: first, Mom is a scientist. He knows what the Singularity is, and considering how fast Namshin III is growing, she's also well aware of how dangerously close to It he's getting. The kill switch was probably the fail-safe system she originally implanted in case things went terribly wrong, or uncontrollably fast.

I'm a sci-fi writer in my own country, so I've been reflecting on the "Singularity" concept and AI's "recursive/exponential self-improvement" for a many years, as well as the "Uncanny Valley" mentioned by Namshin III himself. If you are not familiar with these concepts, consider that they are not part of the realm of science-fiction anymore: they are part of our present reality, and they're already shaping the future we are about to live in. Top scientists and entrepreneurs like Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking, Neil DeGrass Tyson and many others have put many efforts into sparking a public debate on this topics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Anyway... Does THIS remind you of a certain scene you've recently watched? :wink: Would Sophia take control, if Jack started doing some crazy stunts? She's cannot jump from car to car, yet, but maybe she can reach out for the kill switch herself. :D

WTH, international version didn't have the part where NSIII looked up breakup advice. makes me upset that if I hadn't checked out the Korean version, I would've missed such a great scene. Still don't get why there's a need for two versions...

He  said she is a cyborg just like him because of the steel rod in her leg  lol he look really happy talking about it, I guess he thought she was someone like him.

I am really starting to think he is not just some robot.

mommy dearest is more cold hearted than i expected her to be.. its like she will be the ultimate villain..

can't even imagine how much i will cry when NS3 comes to know he is nothing more than a machine for mom..

While i understand that for a mother her son is everything and she can go to any lengths to do things for her son.. But man!.. after almost 20 years.. and she basically didn't feel even iota for this machine that treats her as his ultimate god.. every ticking second.

did she just hug the machine because she could give him face of his son..

too convoluted for me..and net net.. 20 years and for mom she was always playing with a steel toy.. she never saw/considered that replica emotionally

AND this kind of mirrors real life situation.. can you love your adopted child with as much sincerity as your own blood? 

The most awesome character for now in this drama is David

Howver, without actual hormones how do you feel anything? specially love.. lol

last night episode really caught me off guard. As we know, the preview that KBS showed us tell SB will kiss NS3 first, then the final scene really like unpredictable kind of scene. My heart is not ready but still enjoy it.. #RIPreplaybutton.

That damn WC that make us suffer more.. i hope since the episode will be posponed with kiss scene at the end it will increasing like rocket next episode rating. 

My opinion about the mom, since the first ep she showed cold hearted by making robot because she wants to see his child. It's lil bit scary if it turn in real life. But since its in drama, we love the story right ? ^_^

Watching this drama feels like watching drama 'kill me heal me' and i assumed that NS3 like cha do yoon while human NS feels like shin se gi. Yeaa,,, SB will the bridge between them and make both of them in their equilibrium point.

KBS did great job, this drama also have DOTS feels like shooting in the foreign country feels, Lyn helps with gorgeous ost, great job with choosing actors, and mix genre (rom-com, melo, action). No wonder why KBS soo confident with pre recording with huge budget and its national channel.  

I dunno, I feel like a lot of people are jumping the gun in labeling mom as the ultimate villain/cruel... maybe I'm biased.

Anyone think gramps might be faking his dementia?

Also it's not a big deal but imo KBS could have had better makeup artists for such a big budget project .... SKJ is very handsome but the shade difference between his face and neck is... :anguished:

2 hours ago, eunjangdo said:

but based on wikipedia the ratings for ep 9 and 10 are 8,1% and 7,9% respectively (agb nielsen)

Oh that’s good then ! Perhaps the Twitter handle got it wrong 

@butterflyeffect I see it the way you do.  I don’t see mum as a villain. She made NS3 as a replacement machine for her son to fill her longing for NS  . And naturally  her actual Son comes first .

Of  course we are all sympathetic to NS3 ‘s plight because we are privy to his “thoughts “ and POV. But logically speaking, mum & YH still view NS3 as non-human . YH’s case especially in these scenes show me that he had a very close relationship with human NS. And I can see why he’d go all out to look after his interest. Both were in some sense orphans who perhaps found family love & bond with each other growing up. 

I like this drama.  I've binged watched the last couple of episodes, and then, rewatched my favourite bits.  The OST is catchy and Lyn-  Hanhae-Love Ost Prt.2 's gives me the butterflies-in-my-tummy feels.

As a sci-fi rom-com that builds on the premise that humans can be made, and, created in ways that the android cannot be distinguished from a real human being, then, adding a bit of romance between  NSIII and human KSB isn't too crazy an idea.  Stranger things have happened. 

For personal enjoyment, I have made peace with the fact that certain aspects of this drama will push the boundaries of what I consider humanly/android possible.  I had only read the basic premise of this drama but prematurely concluded that human NS was the main character and this was his story.  Then the story progresses and we see NSIII integrate himself into human NS's life.  He may be an android but NSIII pulls on my heartstrings in all the right places.  I think I'm too invested in NSIII, in his character development and potential 'budding' romance that even if human NS wakes, I'd still root for android.  

However, I will watch this drama with an open mind. Bring on the rollercoaster of emotions.  I'm finding the comfiest space on my bed with a bucket full of popcorn and M&M's for the next episode. 

Btw,  Hi Everyone!  :)  

People say ... the most cruel thing in the world is ......................human being !

and they are right !

Animals as lions, crocodile, sharks ...... attack humans for surviving bc  they are hungry, they need to eat

but humans kill animals just for the desir ....to kill !

the same here, when they need NS 3 they speak to him nicely

but when they need him  for saving real NS !

even JH : he dares to scream at NS 3 but he didn't do it before real NS !

Only Mom's friend ; he really love his " son" NS 3 hehehe 

I think he loves him more than real NS bc he created him with love and he didn't contact with

real NS before ( I guess)

Archived