[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with mom installing a kill switch in her robots. She is a scientist and couldn't predict how her AI inventions would behave, so it was natural to install such a manual kill switch for added safety of everyone. What I do have a problem with is mom's overall attitude. The fact that she speaks so lightly about destroying NSIII is very iffy. I mean people get attached to inanimate objects because they're precious memory. Here she spent 20 years with NS the robot, yet she is able to destroy her creation in a blink of an eye if NS says a word. Yea, it'll create problems when NS wakes up since NSIII has his face, but she could at least give him a new body and not just get rid of him.

Here is where I don't understand her as a scientist. i still keep my first ever program that I've coded because it's important to me even though it's crappy. So that is something that I don't understand. Even if we get rid of the emotional aspect, NS III is still the work of her life. As a professional I don't get how she can get rid of it all. Heck, in that scene even YH looked more sympathetic towards NSIII that his "mom".

What I also don't like about mom, is that at this point she got involved in the power play, it's beyond the point of protecting her son. Everytime she says how she needs to "protect NS's position at the company" I just cringe. David was right, the 4 of them could've returned to Czech republic and lived a comfortable life, but mom essentially traded NSIII not for her son's safety but for his position's safety. By the way, David is my favorite character in this story. I really hope that he will be the voice of reason for mom and will protect NS III together with SB.

How ironic that NS III the robot will end up being more human than the surrounding humans; how SB, whom everyone disliked, will end up getting her humanity back because of a robot and becoming a person everyone roots for; how initially sympathetic characters will end up losing their humanity. Basically nothing is what it seems with in this drama and I love it. I also came to the conclusion that I don't want the drama to take a realistic turn at the very end but instead just give us at least a "not sad" ending for NSIII, NS and SB.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 PM KST
1 hour ago, sandjh said:

Btw if anyone has a live streaming link, i would greatly appreciate it, thank you :D

There’s  no episode tonight due to the World Cup. 

Stills released by SKJ’s agency

Mom's is worse than the other two villains seriously. I like david tbh and I liked it how he told NS3 that he will say his mom is wrong if she is wrong no matter how much he likes her. I guess in the end we will see two teams so bong and david vs mom and assistant Ji

Epsiode 9,10 recap

https://k-byeol.com/2018/06/19/are-you-human-too-episode-9-10/

2 hours ago, nateko said:

I don't have a problem with mom installing a kill switch in her robots. She is a scientist and couldn't predict how her AI inventions would behave, so it was natural to install such a manual kill switch for added safety of everyone. What I do have a problem with is mom's overall attitude. The fact that she speaks so lightly about destroying NSIII is very iffy. I mean people get attached to inanimate objects because they're precious memory. Here she spent 20 years with NS the robot, yet she is able to destroy her creation in a blink of an eye if NS says a word. Yea, it'll create problems when NS wakes up since NSIII has his face, but she could at least give him a new body and not just get rid of him.

Here is where I don't understand her as a scientist. i still keep my first ever program that I've coded because it's important to me even though it's crappy. So that is something that I don't understand. Even if we get rid of the emotional aspect, NS III is still the work of her life. As a professional I don't get how she can get rid of it all. Heck, in that scene even YH looked more sympathetic towards NSIII that his "mom".

What I also don't like about mom, is that at this point she got involved in the power play, it's beyond the point of protecting her son. Everytime she says how she needs to "protect NS's position at the company" I just cringe. David was right, the 4 of them could've returned to Czech republic and lived a comfortable life, but mom essentially traded NSIII not for her son's safety but for his position's safety. By the way, David is my favorite character in this story. I really hope that he will be the voice of reason for mom and will protect NS III together with SB.

How ironic that NS III the robot will end up being more human than the surrounding humans; how SB, whom everyone disliked, will end up getting her humanity back because of a robot and becoming a person everyone roots for; how initially sympathetic characters will end up losing their humanity. Basically nothing is what it seems with in this drama and I love it. I also came to the conclusion that I don't want the drama to take a realistic turn at the very end but instead just give us at least a "not sad" ending for NSIII, NS and SB.

@crazyyo We shouldn't forget that she has already practiced it: NS1 and NS2 were switched off, the moment she realized that NS has changed so much. That's why she seems so  cold-hearted and detached. She can speak so lightly about it as it has already happened before and no one questioned her action. The problem now is that David got to know NS3 and got attached to "him". NS3 started interacting with LJY and SB too. Hence this will become an issue for her as this time, NS3 has his own social circle (a father, a friend/lover and a friend). The way LJY reacted when he heard Laura talking about the kill switch showed to me that he has got close to NS3 too. Sure, he still keeps his distance from NS3 as he has been a long friend of NS (for SB it is different, she got to see the worst from NS), however I do see changes in LJY.

The mother has totally overlooked why NS went to Cz Republic: he was looking for her hence he was ready to give up everything for her. LJY was the one who convinced her otherwise. But the more she claims that she is protecting her son's rights, the more she is ignoring her son's wishes and his safety. Even if he wakes up and returns to his place, NS will always be in danger due to director Seo. 

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But the more she claims that she is protecting her son's rights, the more she is ignoring her son's wishes and his safety.

And this richard simmons me off even more. The company has always been NS's prison that he tried hard to escape. And what now? By protecting his position at the company she basically plans to put him back in that prison when he wakes up. 

About NSI and NSII, they at least maintained their memories and experiences in the new version, but kill switch will wipe NS III out completely, not even leaving any traces of his existence...

The beginning of the show, Nam Shin was trying all sorts of BS stuff to destroy his name cause he did not want to be part of PK group, got into an accident.. now mom wants to do everything including sending her robot to SK to “protect” that position...? I think NS mom just hates mr Seo so much that she can’t let him win. To her son and robo-son’s expense. 

I’d like to see how it’ll play out when human NM wakes up... i have a feeling that he would fall for SB while playing as NS3 but SB heart just belongs to the real NS3..SB seems to always have a soft spot for NM3, if you notice everytime she has to make a decision she sorto looks at NM3 and then agrees to help them out... 

i don’t think NS grandpa is really demented.. Everyone seems to be doing things with motive. 

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon & Tue @ 10:00 PM KST
4 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Mom's is worse than the other two villains seriously. I like david tbh and I liked it how he told NS3 that he will say his mom is wrong if she is wrong no matter how much he likes her. I guess in the end we will see two teams so bong and david vs mom and assistant Ji

Epsiode 9,10 recap

https://k-byeol.com/2018/06/19/are-you-human-too-episode-9-10/

I think that Secretary Ji will be on Namshin III's side, eventually... He has already proven to be an empathetic person.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Mon & Tue @ 10:00 PM KST

I also don't like how the mother is trying to protect NS position in the company, however, I do understand her logic in a way.

Just because Seo gets the company, does not ensure that he will stop trying to kill NS. This is in fact proven by the fact that he killed the father despite the fact that the father was not even part of the company at all. The fact that he could possibly ever come back if he felt like it was too much of a threat for Seo... so he got the father permanently removed to prevent that option of happening. So if Seo ever gets the position, it does not mean that he will stop there.

So I think that the mother thinks that stopping him from getting the position is the first step in fighting back and to eventually prevent him from ever hurting NS again. But again, I don't exactly agree with her methods. 

Yet I don't blame her for being a bit drastic after watching her son be mowed down. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 PM KST

I just can't with So-Bong anymore, she's just on my nerves<_< Although I suspect that's about to change with that kiss WooHoo! (fist pumps) Good thing to have a RObot as a bf I guess:tongue: What saddens me is hearing Nam-Shin's Mom sayin' she added a "Kill Switch" to Shin The RObot's design (that just broke my heart...) Not only was it cruel but incredibly selfish. What's up with Ye-Na YO?! Like is it that much fun to be in a loveless, one-sided marriage? I noticed this in many K-Dramas I watched & it's disturbing that these men/women are just settling out of societal pressure or whatever than out of happiness or for the right reasons... -_- It's also based in fact 'cause even in K-Variety, there've been marital problems where couples have bad communication or marry to avoid judgment from family/friends/society etc.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 PM KST

Just dropping by to say that I'm loving the series and totally rooting for my babies NSIII and So Bong to start dating already. :wub:   I can't wait to see what kind of interactions they will have LOL

But today Mom disappointed me so much. She seemed to love NSIII and was talking about him as if he was also her son. That seemed more in line with the relationship that I imagine between an AI genius and her creations. Gosh, if I could do something like this, even if I created a mechanic fly, I would become attached to it. :D  Imagine creating something like NSIII. I would never destroy it....unless it decides to kill off human kind and rule over the world. In that sense I can see the purpose of the kill switch. But what I cannot understand is Mom wanting to get rid of NSIII.

In my opinion, the writer is bringing this side of Mom too far, I guess to be used later for dramatic purposes. So I will accept it for now. But I would have preferred by far that they would had chosen a different path for Mom's character, with her loving the robot as a real son too. That would have made the story better, in my view.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

Korean Version vs. International Version (Episode(s) 9-10/5)

• In the IV, right after Seo and his daughter have talked to the Chairman the first two have an argument about the marriage agreement which gives us some information about its contents (some of it was in the preview):

YN: Don't waste your energy. I'm going to marry him.

Seo: "No shares will be given with marriage. No assets will be given after divorce." What kind of conditions are these? Is this a marriage? This is begging! [during this he rips up the contract and throws it to the ground]

YN: I only need Shin. We won't get divorced either. Stop trying to do business with my marriage. I'm going to stamp the agreement tomorrow.

She leaves and Seo calls after her. [32:13-32:45 [DF]]

• When SB & NS3 are standing in the middle of the street, the flashback of him rescuing her during the fire is a bit longer in the IV. [45:32-45:43 [DF] | 14:51-14:55 [KBS]]
  • Only the KV explains why NS3 kisses SB. When he looks at Assistant Ji he notices a hand sign which means to refuse YN no matter what. Then he quickly researches his IoT database on how to reject someone which shows a video of a guy kissing a girl right in front of another one. With his super sight NS3 notices SB eavesdropping behind the sliding door and chooses to use her because SB knows his identity and promised to help him. [30:35-31:15 [KBS]]
On 18.6.2018 at 7:44 PM, jeijei said:

So did Mom kill NS1 and 2?

Not really, NS 1 (and later the evolved NS2) was put into the machine to create the next version. And NS2 & NS3 retained their memories from the previous version(s).

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I just can't with So-Bong anymore, she's just on my nerves<_<

Why? If I was her I would've completely freaked out, too!

Archived