[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

It's interesting that the girl gets the secret powerful martial arts in this drama... quite refreshing actually. A pity about Uncle Zhou. I actually enjoyed his interactions with Fuyao. 

Honestly, Ethan rocks all manner of goodness... and the character is so much fun, not to mention hot, hot, hot. :D His character is a good match for the Fuyao one because temperamentally they are a decent fit. At least he can more than keep up with her being a bit of a mischief-maker himself. The ex is rather pedestrian by comparison. Wet and dutiful.

Li Yijun (Qi Zhen) is playing a baddie yet again. Not surprisingly of course. He is rather good at it.

Really like the physician as well... wondering what his agenda is.

Not a bad show... quite entertaining.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kuuto said:

I think this is one of little drama that i know that use a lot of costumes. I feel yangmi keep changing costumes. Nothing to complain about. Lol.

https://m.baidu.com/sf_baijiahao/s?id=1605073576290028308&wfr=spider&for=pc

As of now my personal favourite is purple one. Whats yours? :)

I like the green and the red ones.. 

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and just caught up to ep 22 of legend of fuyao. I've been watching it on dramafever but is there another site that everyone else is using to watch the newer episodes (ep 23 onward)? I'm so addicted ^_^ and can't wait for the subtitles.

4 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Holy crap, how many times does Fuyao have to get knocked out by someone? 

LOL... we have lost count. 

I think in recent episode 25, 

Spoiler

That's the first time she knocked someone out! LOL

18 hours ago, poptartz said:

Rough Translation of the Scene

Reveal hidden contents

Wuji: Shhhh

FY: It's you.

FY: (Touching his face) It's really you

Wuji: What? It's only been one day and you don't recognize me?

FY: You. Shouldn't you be at Chang Yuan (I think it's the ceremony place or something)? Why did you come back?

Wuji: I know that Qi Zhen (Prime Minister) wants to take you away. I'm scared you might be in trouble so I hurried back. (The way he spoke here was in broken sentence)

Wuji: I've been following (referring to Qi Zhen) since the Prime Minister residence. If Qi Zhen would try to harm you, today will be his death day

FY: It's really great that I can see you after I killed you once today.

Here is a piano version. I couldnt find the humming version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztt0EKB31mg

any more piano versions.

8 hours ago, lan_lan said:

This actor is soo cute :lol:

agreed he is pretty cute

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

My question was really about whether the show has a beginning, middle and an end. :D I'm not too concern if it's a faithful adaptation as long as there's closure. It's just that lately there have been far too many C dramas that start well but don't have any proper closure.

I am reasonably certain that Ethan will be bring his A game and I am only considering this because he's in it. ;) And I like his character already in Episode 2. Yang Mi's character feels very much the archetypal female heroin of contemporary wuxia so while it's okay, I'm not especially excited by it.

But thanks for your response. Appreciate it. :)

i agree with you im sick of chinese drama's never giving damn closure i hate these open ending's .. just tell me the richard simmons end why make me decide. 

7 hours ago, yohinata said:

7 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Not a thing wrong with Yang Mi's acting! She is really good! 

agreed i like her acting.

5 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Holy crap, how many times does Fuyao have to get knocked out by someone? 

alot it seems i fking hate it so much .

5 hours ago, yohinata said:

I was going to rewatch it from episode 12 on Friday and enjoy episode 27 and 28 tomorrow although I will not understand what they are saying. 23 and 24 will be sub tomorrow. Just feel like I need something else on my mind tonight, but dang I can't get Wuji off my mind. :(

we gotta wait for episode 28 subs.. next week better come fast

3 hours ago, pineapplebabe said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and just caught up to ep 22 of legend of fuyao. I've been watching it on dramafever but is there another site that everyone else is using to watch the newer episodes (ep 23 onward)? I'm so addicted ^_^ and can't wait for the subtitles.

people are posting comments from the episode ahead aired in CHina which are raws no subs ;p if you want site link PM me. 

Finally caught up to ep 21 and 22 - I went from a high at the start of 21 to a low at the end of 22. :blink: Wuji, way to drive a girl nuts !!!!!!!! Fuyao is correct, you are wrapped up deep in secrets. But you are a good guy trying to do what he thinks is best for the love of his life so I forgive you. This time. -_- 

I would like it if our heroine makes Wuji realize she can make up her own mind about what is best for her and not have the choice made for her no matter how well-meaning he is.

Although I am surprised that Wuji thinks sending her and the Englobement Bell away is the best option despite the orders of his father as well as his teacher. He knows her for only a little while after all. Both his father and teacher want the bell and the girl respectively but Wuji is readily defying both orders to keep her safe, knowing that she can be the cause of the doom for their world. If that doesn't hint at his true feelings I don't know what does!

And before that, he doesnt even blink an eye before saying yes to three fatal blows from fox-lady just so he can save Fuyao. Seeing her hurt makes him lose his cool, I think. He is truly madly in love and there is no doubt about it. And Fuyao is oblivious to the depth of his heart! And then he rubs Tang in her face the next day.

Sigh! Wuji, I hope Fuyao figures you out soon or you will drive her crazy! LOL!

On a bright note, an observation on the couple's interactions tells me that they seem to gravitate towards each other every time they meet. They just have to see other in a scene and within the next few minutes they are less than an inch from each other's faces. LOL! With that kind of magnetism at work, Wuji won't be able to keep her afar for too long. Haha!

Okay, why do I smell a love triangle between the two brothers and Qi Yun? The doctor is one of my favourite characters so far. I hope he and his brother unite and properly avenge their family.

Tang is a really desperate woman. Ugh! I cannot wait for Wuji to get rid of her. Pei Yuan I can tolerate, Consort Tang I find unbearable with her simpering words and sly seductions.

I notice that Fuyao makes no pretenses. She is an upfront woman with a clean heart. Her straight forward nature is the reason why she is still unable to read the many layers of politics Wuji keeps playing and so she finds him unpredictable. Our Prince, on the other hand, is a mess of tangled responsibilities hiding behind an easy smile, and that is also perhaps why he admires Fuyao's no nonsense attitude and bravery of tackling any situation on her own merit head on. For those times, a woman like Fuyao is truly unique.

She still has more to learn though. That impetuousness and short-sightedness and naivete need to be worked on. The man literally spells it out that he cares a lot for you and gives you his internal energy and then charges away to retrieve the bell and the next morning you go and fall for his deception with Tang! Seriously, girl, figure your man out. He is wrapped up around your pinkie and you do not even realize it! ;)

On a happy note, I just giggled, when Wuji promised to pester Fuyao till death! Couple goals! :D. The bath scene was truly well executed and I was blushing through out. This is one hot couple. LOL!

By the way, Wuji planned that entire attack to get rid of Qi Zhen's loyal guards from his palace. Man, this guy has mad skills! But he better be on his guard if Fuyao finds out he got himself attacked and didnt even tell her about it when she came to help. LOL!

Just caught up with episode 21 and 22 i loved the fighting in 21 with all that water. Its the typical push the girl away because i love her drama going on now . They clearly like each other though so im happy it was confirmed at least.

I like that she has a consort/friend she can trust and be friendly with.. at least that is what i hope.

During episode 22 when shes throwing petals or w/e in the pond where can i get that instrumental or is it not available. 

It still feels like Legend of Wuji though everything is centered around him.

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Just caught up with episode 21 and 22 i loved the fighting in 21 with all that water. Its the typical push the girl away because i love her drama going on now . They clearly like each other though so im happy it was confirmed at least.

I like that she has a consort/friend she can trust and be friendly with.. at least that is what i hope.

During episode 22 when shes throwing petals or w/e in the pond where can i get that instrumental or is it not available. 

It still feels like Legend of Wuji though everything is centered around him.

Hahah that's because everyone loves a sexy man and about 90% of the viewers are women lol. That means the more he appear the more we will go for more. LOL 

On 6/27/2018 at 3:08 PM, Wotad said:

I never see the mark!!! lol I need to pay better attention! If the mark is showing, that means her power is coming back. Can't wait to see when she kick more awesome richard simmons and become more powerful.

I will look at those scenes again; and it might mean that her power is returning; however, I thought it was a part of her disguise in order to enter the senior prime minister's (not his official title) household to look for Seven.  My reasoning is that when she is not in disguise, she does not have that mark on her cheek.  It might also be a tribal mark since she was impersonating someone else. 

Finished watching up to episode 22..The exiled Supreme Princess is interesting to watch. The actress who is portraying her is excellent. But who is she again? Lol :D She has something to do with Wuji  and Wuji’s father right? 

I really like Yang Mi as an actress and I adored her in TMOPB, but she’s  a tad too serious in this role. I don’t know if it’s the writer’s fault, but I feel something is off. Don’t get me wrong the main actors are playing their parts well. But Ethan/Wuji is doing a more comical relief role alongside Yang Mi/Fuyao more serious tone to which is kind of bothering me a little truth be told. And the fact that Fuyao has to be saved, and be bloody all the time...:sweatingbullets:  

Why didn’t the writers transfer more of Fuyao’s personality from the book?! :unsure: I’m not asking for a complete carbon copy of the book, but at least make It more the Legend of Fuyao and  not the Legend of Wuji  as @Wotad already mentioned. Maybe I’ll just consider it Legend of Wuji to stop stressing, and just marvel at Ethan’s abs ....:D

Spoiler for preview ep 30

Spoiler

Finally end the journey for 1st kingdom. Wuji replaced the 5 stones necklace with his elixir leaf while fuyao unconscious and said that she has opened 1 seal and there's 4 more, he'll wait for her in the next kingdom. Fuyao's mad and said you damn wuji, if I ever find you I'll kill you (something like that) I think he took the stone necklace to protect her or to deceive his master?? I don't know though. But HE KISSED HER :wub: but she's unconscious though but still he kissed her lovingly :)

51 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I will look at those scenes again; and it might mean that her power is returning; however, I thought it was a part of her disguise in order to enter the senior prime minister's (not his official title) household to look for Seven.  My reasoning is that when she is not in disguise, she does not have that mark on her cheek.  It might also be a tribal mark since she was impersonating someone else. 

It's the birth mark of the person she is impersonating. Nothing to do with powers. LOL

10 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Oh Lord have mercy on my soul! Can't wait for next week's episodes. They are killing me with spoilers! :bawling: :tounge_xd:

I know right? Luckily, I was prepared.

After watching 27 episodes. The show has trained me well in handling cliffhanger. Lol

I actually laugh at episode 28. Because

Spoiler

Fuyao got captured again! LOL

But this time.... it's new method!

However this episode is really funny with Fuyao and the whole wedding ceremony. Lol

@Wotad don't click the spoiler tag above. :lol:

And... I don't know how many times we have to read about comparison of the book and drama.

Just watch with open mind.....

Seriously. If to follow the book, they will need more than 66 episodes.

9 minutes ago, lonelysnowflake05 said:

Spoiler for preview ep 30

Hide contents

Finally end the journey for 1st kingdom. Wuji replaced the 5 stones necklace with his elixir leaf while fuyao unconscious and said that she has opened 1 seal and there's 4 more, he'll wait for her in the next kingdom. Fuyao's mad and said you damn wuji, if I ever find you I'll kill you (something like that) I think he took the stone necklace to protect her or to deceive his master?? I don't know though. But HE KISSED HER :wub: but she's unconscious though but still he kissed her lovingly :)

I know! Wonder what's the next kingdom they will go to? Love our WuYao! :wub:

Spoiler

Either he's trying to protect her or he wants to meet her again throughout her journey to each kingdom since he switched the necklace! I'm thinking it's him wanting to see her again. I'm so loving his silly, tricky and sweet self. I'm dying here! 

I think we have to get used to "fuyao captured-wuji saving" formula things here :D

But for once can she actually be the one who has wits and brain, I'm hoping for next journey that will be no more of that formula, she must take the game on different level now, rash but witty and with strategy, more of that. Not skillful but weakling fuyao. 

Archived