Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

On 12th. 2017 : The production team has been working hard from morning until night, and now the Chinese weather is so cold. Night filming time (China) 19.17 pm

24910124_1535311359838881_8312269475058624993578_1535311406505543_14425381432474

cr as labelled/ThaiFC

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

There is a lot of info in the new wiki page. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Ming_Lan

I think I am getting a better picture of the drama. 

thanks dear, i check it out and update the 1st post later this week :) do you have a better poster for MingLan? if yes let me know i love to update them too :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

thanks dear, i check it out and update the 1st post later this week :) do you have a better poster for MingLan? if yes let me know i love to update them too :) 

Sadly, I don't. They haven't released any official poster besides these two character posters. 

daad.jpeg

I am hoping we will get some posters soon. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Sadly, I don't. They haven't released any official poster besides these two character posters. 

I am hoping we will get some posters soon. 

yea i had been searching high and low for it....but i cant find an official poster yet :) 

• Like 2

Just now, rosierosie said:

When is this air?? Can't wait to see ZLY in a new drama period again!! 

wont be so soon....no official airing times as yet.....and this drama is still in filming stages

• Like 4

rumor is Hunan wants to air it in the fourth quarter of the year. Filming should wrap up in two months and then they enter post-production. I think Daylight is usually good with post-production so if everything works out Hunan should be able to air it. 

The good thing is that Minglan won't be dealing a lot with royalty so maybe SARFT wont be so hard on it. 

• Like 6

On 1/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, angelangie said:

wont be so soon....no official airing times as yet.....and this drama is still in filming stages

aww ok thanks :). Why soo long to air? Im not familiar with Chinese television released, other than it needs to be pre approved by the governement?? before they show on tv right? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

aww ok thanks :). Why soo long to air? Im not familiar with Chinese television released, other than it needs to be pre approved by the governement?? before they show on tv right? 

yes the government will need to screen it first.....but then usually like what @mrsyooknit Daylight had a very repu so it shouldnt take too long and with them wrapping up the filming probably in another 2 mth times we will just need to wait a bit probably end year to see the airing?

• Like 5

Cdramas usually take longer to come out. First because they go into post-production. Most cdramas are dubbed, etc. Thankfully it seems like Daylight is doing on site dubbing for Minglan. Their post production process is usually better and then they just need to be approved by SARFT. SARFT is being super strict this year and a lot of productions are worried they are going to have trouble airing historical dramas. I hope the production crew is taking all the current problems into considerations and making any appropriate changes.

Rumor is Hunan plans to air it towards the end of year, which would give them enough time to finish filming, post production, and get approved by SARFT. I think Hunan is planning on releasing two historical dramas in 2018 The Rise of Phoenix earlier in the year and Minglan in the later part. Both are ~70 episodes. So my guess is that Hunan would like to air Minglan late enough where some episodes will air in 2019. That is what mainly puts it in the fourth quarter of the year around November. 

• Like 5