Lynne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

thanks dear, i check it out and update the 1st post later this week :) do you have a better poster for MingLan? if yes let me know i love to update them too :) 

Sadly, I don't. They haven't released any official poster besides these two character posters. 

daad.jpeg

I am hoping we will get some posters soon. 

rumor is Hunan wants to air it in the fourth quarter of the year. Filming should wrap up in two months and then they enter post-production. I think Daylight is usually good with post-production so if everything works out Hunan should be able to air it. 

The good thing is that Minglan won't be dealing a lot with royalty so maybe SARFT wont be so hard on it. 

On 1/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, angelangie said:

wont be so soon....no official airing times as yet.....and this drama is still in filming stages

aww ok thanks :). Why soo long to air? Im not familiar with Chinese television released, other than it needs to be pre approved by the governement?? before they show on tv right? 

Cdramas usually take longer to come out. First because they go into post-production. Most cdramas are dubbed, etc. Thankfully it seems like Daylight is doing on site dubbing for Minglan. Their post production process is usually better and then they just need to be approved by SARFT. SARFT is being super strict this year and a lot of productions are worried they are going to have trouble airing historical dramas. I hope the production crew is taking all the current problems into considerations and making any appropriate changes.

Rumor is Hunan plans to air it towards the end of year, which would give them enough time to finish filming, post production, and get approved by SARFT. I think Hunan is planning on releasing two historical dramas in 2018 The Rise of Phoenix earlier in the year and Minglan in the later part. Both are ~70 episodes. So my guess is that Hunan would like to air Minglan late enough where some episodes will air in 2019. That is what mainly puts it in the fourth quarter of the year around November. 

8 minutes ago, SyntaxError said:

was really excited for this until they announced Feng Shaofeng... but I hear that his character actually doesn't feature that prominently in the book (and also he doesn't really fit the character so why cast him)? Hopefully thats the case...

I think the author of the book liked him for the role and he kind of fits the age group. He is known but not super popular right now so they probably didnt pay him a ridiculous amount. I saw some of the other guys being mentioned as possible leads and he is the most popular. 

I wanted someone more rugged but I think I am okay with FSF after some of the stills.  

On 1/20/2018 at 7:58 AM, SyntaxError said:

was really excited for this until they announced Feng Shaofeng... but I hear that his character actually doesn't feature that prominently in the book (and also he doesn't really fit the character so why cast him)? Hopefully thats the case...

I don't really watch his film but  I hope they have great chemistry!!! 

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is Zhu Yilong in this? Yay! But he's not the male lead... sadly.

I don't mind FSF but not as the male lead. He always seems awkward in romantic scenes. He was great in Detective Dee and the Sea Dragon as the energetic head of Da Li Shi but as a romantic lead... hmmm...

I haven't finished any of his dramas. The bits I saw I wasn't feeling his romantic mood but I think for the most part he is not suppose to be likable and romantic. I think  Zhu Yilong is playing the more likable character but it doesnt work out. If it was up to me I would have casted Wallace Chung because I am biased, he is the best male romantic lead in my eyes. :wub:

Archived