[Drama 2017] Live Up To Your Name, Dr. Heo 명불허전

Admin

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
July 27 2017

Two main posters for tvN drama series “Deserving of the Name”

Deserving-of-the-Name-2.jpg

Two main posters for upcoming tvN drama series “Deserving of the Name” starring Kim Nam-Gil and Kim A-Joong. The poster features Kim Nam-Gil as real life historical figure Heo Im and Kim A-Joong as fictional character Dr. Choi Yeon-Kyung. Heo Im was considered the top oriental doctor during the Joseon period, but the drama series has him traveling through time and arriving in present day Seoul.

“Deserving of the Name” first airs August 12, 2017 in South Korea.

Deserving-of-the-Name-1.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/two-main-posters-for-tvn-drama-series-deserving-of-the-name

This looks awesome! I'm so glad to see Kim NamGil on my screen doing something (probably?) light.  And hopefully Kim AhJoong will slay too :)  Also, hello to all my friends from the Secret Forest thread.  :heart:Does anyone know who might be subbing this?

22 hours ago, yonaomi123 said:

This looks awesome! I'm so glad to see Kim NamGil on my screen doing something (probably?) light.  And hopefully Kim AhJoong will slay too :)  Also, hello to all my friends from the Secret Forest thread.  :heart:Does anyone know who might be subbing this?

Hello @yonaomi123  Not a clue, still searching. Keeping my fingers crossed.4821.png?w=150&h=150

Acupuncturist versus surgeon for Live Up to Your Name

by tineybeanie

lutyname0.jpg

More promos are up for tvN’s next Saturday-Sunday drama Live Up to Your Name, which is a combo of some of the best 2017 trends: a medical-sageuk-timeslip fusion drama. Kim Nam-gil (Shark) and Kim Ah-joong (Wanted) are headlining, and they are both playing medical professionals, albeit ones with completely different philosophies and from different time periods.

The poster above says: “Miraculous and talented him and her,” as they both hold up their respective tool of choice—a needle for Kim Nam-gil and a scalpel for Kim Ah-joong. The latest teaser shows both of them in their respective time periods on their way to work.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/acupuncturist-versus-surgeon-for-live-up-to-your-name/

Thanks everyone for all the updates. Looking forward to checking kdrama historical. I'm not fond of the genre but I'm curious and want to see Kim Na Gil.

I  enjoy c-drama historical but it's different when it's kdrama. I do love Chuno and Bridal Mask though. I should perhaps watch Tree With Deep Roots?

@jongski I recently watched Tree With Deep Roots because one of my friends suggested it.  I was surprised at how good it was.  Although I am somewhat biased toward Song JoongKi, so I was sad that he wasn't in the whole thing, it was still really good without him. :)  Give it a try! Or if you want to see Kim Nam Gil in something else historical, you could try the movie Pirates or Queen Seon Duk (that's where my Kim Nam Gil love started :heart:)

@yonaomi123 Thanks. I've been seeing  recommendations for  TWDR every time I check, drama thread that has historical theme which I feel I might be interested. I check first two episodes but  then suddenly I lose that interest.  I always prefer modern kdramas. I want to check this. I hope I will be drawn. I want something light and fun  and easy but  story is good. I do like Chuno kind of historical drama, though. But yeah..Kim Nam Gil, I guess mostly checking this for him.

@jongski Like @yonaomi123 My Kim Nam Gil love also started with Queen  Seon Duk as Bidam.  He is fabulous in that role.  I like him in dark, conflicted roles, Bidam, Shark, Bad Guy.  I also saw him in Pirates, where he is kind of comic. I like saguek dramas but medical is not usually my thing. I am just excited that KNG is back making a drama.

Behind the Scenes Video - Comedy

Highlights 60 sec version

22b14c77bee9dd542fc8b19a240adcd72b6bd977

0c7229a83db9f2afe713736b17cea1ea2a3f2e6a

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Live Up To Your Name 명불허전 - Kim Nam Gil and Kim Ah Joong | Aug 12 First Broadcast
On 8/1/2017 at 8:26 PM, yonaomi123 said:

@yonaomi123 @jongski @larus @LyraYoo 

Drama Fever has posted it will be airing Live Up To Your Name40412.png?w=150&h=150

Special

On the escalator video

Archived