[Thai Drama 2017] Princess Hours รักวุ่นๆ เจ้าหญิงจอมจุ้น

yoyo_icecube

2 hours ago, Mayiya said:

Well I'll start my post by saying that I'm not here to compare both versions. Plus we all know that comparisons are odious. The Korean version and Thai version aren't the same only because are based on the same story or they have the same name, both versions are two different worlds starting from the fact that both are made in two different times. So, if the people is searching a faithful copy of korean version I think that they're wrong.

I'm enjoying the drama...  I'm not lying when I say that I'm enjoying this drama more unlike the Korean dramas that are broadcast right now. (I love my Ruler but that's the truth.)

This week my favorite character is the Grandma... Grandma you speak little but strong. XD!

"This is your problem. Your heart wants to get one thing but (you are) doing another thing."

I think there's no better way to say it. It's great how his grandma can describe him so perfectly just by looking at him one day.

The final scene of episode 15 was really sad because obviously he's in love with her and she's turning into his Achilles heel because although he never wanted to be the crown prince he doesn't want to be a disappointment to his family either. He knows that being the crown prince means that he must fulfill his duties and leave her alone and both are facing that hard fact. Clearly he doesn't want her to suffer what he suffered from childhood but at the same time he loves her and leave her would be a great sacrifice.

hahaha I like that grandma! She is so sweet and caring <3 

I loved the korean version, and at the moment, I loved the thai version as well. In fact, I get slightly annoyed when I see similar scenes to the korean version; I want to see something new, something else - i wouldn't watch more if its just a carbon copy of the korean version. The story flow and style fits thai's culture and I like it the way it is. 

Rather than comparing them two versions, I like to think of this as just another drama with same basic story: a commoner ends up marrying the crown prince (basically what you said haha) 

On the side note, I like Inn's efforts so far. Though he sulks on being busy with the work his dad left him, he finds solace in being with Khaning and that's what married life is about. He's trying to balance both Khaning and his work, but its sadly not really working (sorry, Your Majesty the Queen had to point that out harshly).

Looking forward to the next episode :D

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the original version of this drama therefore I had no expectations. I wanted to binge watch it but thought it would better not to, like that i wouldn't have anything to compare it to but itself. To me it would be another fun Thai drama to watch.

It started off good however, now it just became repetitive. The princes pushes her away, his ex comes back, he makes the princess cry, he tries to make it up to her, his cousins is trying to get close to her, he gets jalousie, she forgives him, and back to scare one for a full circle. Their chemistry seems to be there but the writers are not letting it flourish. The fake kissing is annoying and i really don't understand it. There is no character development for the prince, his at a standstill and just keep doing the same things over and over again.

The prince's mother is beyond basic, no expression nothing. even when she's made, i really can't seem to connect with her character. The King is just.... I don't know, I'm going to leave that one alone or else ill be here all night.

Come to this point the grand mother and the maids are the only reason I'm watching. I don't understand how they want the prince to take all this seriously when he this absolutely nothing to prepare to be king. 

if i had to rate this drama right now it would get a 5/10. I don't know how they will come back from his slump but its not working for me. I speed watch the episodes now and still feel like I didn't miss anything at all, thats how boring its getting. The whole villain thing is not working for me, she's trying to hard at not trying at all. They are making it way to easy for her to win, she doesn't even have to do anything just let the princes self destruct on his own.

One thing that I would've preferred more if done in the Thai version is the Thai royalty customs. Yes the country is Bhutin, not Thailand, but IMO if they've adapted Thai royalty customs instead of preserving the customs in the original Korean version, it would've made worlds difference. For example, the way the youngsters greet their elders.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:29 PM, hananiarashi said:

I couldn't agree more! Unlike you, I've watched the original Goong twice or thrice, in its entirety. And while, like you, I was totally frustrated with the ending, especially him giving up the throne, I actually did enjoy the few sweet scenes and especially the one where they finally made peace with each other and acknowledged their love. That series was like sweet torture. The conflict dragged on and on and on and the misunderstandings just seemed to pile one on top of the other. That being said, I thought the series did make up for it with a few key scenes whose sweetness was, to me, hardhitting and very memorable. I urge you to watch the original.

Anyway, I too had high hopes for this drama. I was hoping against hope they would do to what they did to Full House and Kiss Me, which was that they ironed out some annoying kinks in the originals and somehow made it better and more logical. I was also hoping they would not go the way of the original and up the sweetness a bit more. However, now after having watched Episode 15, I think it would be safe to say all my hopes have been dashed. In my mind, there is only one thing that I think is better here than in the original, and that is how Pattie portrayed the princess. Eun Hye is a great actress, but I thought her princess was just too whiny, bordering on bratty, in fact. She was unnecessarily hostile in many instances and only served to aggravate the situation. Here, at least in the first few episodes, you could totally understand the princess's sadness.

However, the rest is just plain bad. Like you said, the transitions and storytelling flow is just all over the place. The worst thing is that there is absolutely no buildup and no development of...of anything. If you watch the original, things would be so much clearer for you. Initially, I thought Tao's Prince Inn was more mature than the original Shin, but as the series progressed, Prince Inn, for me, just lost the strength and maturity I thought he had. I couldn't even tell what his motivations are. And yes, the progress of their relationship is clunky and doesn't really draw you in or make you believe they really are falling in love. The sweet scenes are cute despite that, and could have saved the entire drama if we didn't run into the "fake kiss" wall. That was a total dealbreaker and just killed the only remaining possible value. Kiss scenes are important, and faking it just feels like a total betrayal and just kills the mood.

Anyway, as I said, the original had a few key scenes that I thought really made the drama, despite the overwrought conflicts. One of these was when Shin went almost mad looking for the princess, to the point that he even had to ask the ex if she saw the princess. That was key because it made the ex (whose name I could not recall, but I will just call original Minnie) realize that she really had lost him. At the same time, it made the viewers and Shin himself realize just how far he has fallen for his princess. That desperate search was KEY to everything that comes after, and they took it out. Wow. Talk about bad choices. Also, in the original, it was implied that the prince was very sad and lonely and there were a lot of scenes where you could tell that the princess slowly drew him out of his shell and made him actually happy. This made you understand why he fell for her. In this one, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the sweet scenes.

Another thing they took out was that lovely scene where they went to the beach and that beautiful shot of them inside his car, hiding out from the rain, her head in his lap. They took that out and replaced it with a super short camping in a tent thing that just came out of the blue. It also doesn't show very clearly how Shin was conflicted for a while but eventually realized he no longer loved original Minnie and had to let her go. He was also, I think, more mature in going about it than Inn, who couldn't seem to communicate properly that it was over.

Oh, wow. I could go on and on. In a nutshell, they did a  really poor job at a remake, IMHO. Lost opportunity. Also, no offense to Pattie but she should really decide not to star in a romance drama if she doesn't want onscreen kisses. She could star in action or comedy flicks instead. One of the things that stood out in the original was the final passionate kiss. The buildup to that scene was immense and the satisfaction great. Knowing this is never going to happen here, or even worse, that they are going to do another botched fake kiss in place of the uber-steamy original is a very sad thought.

absolutely agree the worst point is When inn tried to act a fake kiss with her she was afraid then slightly showing an expression {hey don't come close to me} This kind of feeling is a big mistake in the drama Pattie can change the character .but love expression shouldn't be so weird After all this the most important point in this drama. The fake kissed scenes is the worst i have ever seen

PS GOONGG Korean ep 21 Ji hoon and eun hye expression were deep in my heart with those words in an interview and after back to the palace. The original minie is hyorin

21 hours ago, whitedove said:

One thing that I would've preferred more if done in the Thai version is the Thai royalty customs. Yes the country is Bhutin, not Thailand, but IMO if they've adapted Thai royalty customs instead of preserving the customs in the original Korean version, it would've made worlds difference. For example, the way the youngsters greet their elders.

You are right, the country is Bhutin.  One of the reasons I wanted to watch this version of Princess Hours was for the cultural differences; however, parts of the original that can be adapted to almost any culture.  The sense of duty and loyalty versus living a normal life and making one's own choices can be fit many scenarios, from royalty, to family, to inheriting an empire. That struggle was more evident in the Korean version.  Once Inn and Shin went down the path of accepting marriage, some of their priorities and responsibilities had to change.  To me, in both versions, but more so in this one, it is unfair to both women not to cut off the relationship with the ex-girlfriend as early as possible. Ultimately both women get hurt. Feelings don't change overnight; however, once the vows were spoken, behaviors should have. This version made the ex-girlfriend into a stalker.  Minnie appears too desperate. Therefore, any overt actions she take to hang on to Inn appear calculated and devious.   Again I ask, where is Minnie's self respect?  The character of Minnie is talented and smart, why have her acting as if she has low self esteem?  I understand both Myorin and Minnie were hurt by the sudden lost of their love; however,  Shin and Inn were legally married someone else.  Therefore, it is time to back up, hold your head up (cry in secret) and move on.

I just wish the writer and director of this version of Princess Hours had not blown it.  

I've been replaying Goong's episodes to refresh my memory of certain scenes that the thai version has the tendency to cut.  Not that I'm trying to compare but for instance  the huge pillow showing up out the blue.  Episode 15 ending  started feel toxic waves beginning.  The preview prepares for disappointment but hopefully it will be a blissfull wrapped up ending. There isn't going a be any embracing kiss as we know.  But gotta give Tao credit.  He is doing a great job with those deep looks in the eyes and the cute nose touching..  that just give me a nice giggle.

May be i m the only one who is having issues with this version.. bad editing... check!! Fake kissing...check!! Characters that doesnt make any sense...double check!!! I dont know is it me  or the writers..but i dont think that nakhun falling for khaning makes any sense.. in k version it was very clear about the feelings of yul ( i really felt bad for him but couldn't blame him) .. and pattie sometimes goes over the top when it comes to cheerfulness...i mean she is too cheery or i dont know!! It came out weird!! And tao... :( i know he is a good actor ( king in kiss me still leaves me with tears amd truck loads of tissuez)... so i guess i shd blame director for this bad acting..if so..he was the one who directed kiss me!! How come they did a damn good job in that??? And nakhun sad face..most of the time have me in splits.. he looks like a kid who has been told that he wont get his favourite toy!!(poor baby).. was there any need for that uncle guy?? Seriously..and making his own niece a scape goat!! Duh!! As of now.. i loved the queen...and grandma queen!! Both of tjem.has subtle but powerful expressions on their face..and inn's sister..in k version she was a strong and bold person and i hope it will be the same in here... thats enough complaining!!! Sorrry..i didnt mean to offend anyone... this is completely my opinion!!! #Disappointed fan who excitedly waited for this drama!!!

14 hours ago, mizv said:

I've been replaying Goong's episodes to refresh my memory of certain scenes that the thai version has the tendency to cut.  Not that I'm trying to compare but for instance  the huge pillow showing up out the blue.  Episode 15 ending  started feel toxic waves beginning.  The preview prepares for disappointment but hopefully it will be a blissfull wrapped up ending. There isn't going a be any embracing kiss as we know.  But gotta give Tao credit.  He is doing a great job with those deep looks in the eyes and the cute nose touching..  that just give me a nice giggle.

Tao had done his best to portray his roll As you said He is doing a great job with those deep looks in the eyes But what Pattie showed she just tried to escape. Prince Inn is not a pervert character. Even a fake kiss scenes should done it well in order to fool the audiences I felt really disappointed since ep11

13 hours ago, sookian2014 said:

May be i m the only one who is having issues with this version.. bad editing... check!! Fake kissing...check!! Characters that doesnt make any sense...double check!!! I dont know is it me  or the writers..but i dont think that nakhun falling for khaning makes any sense.. in k version it was very clear about the feelings of yul ( i really felt bad for him but couldn't blame him) .. and pattie sometimes goes over the top when it comes to cheerfulness...i mean she is too cheery or i dont know!! It came out weird!! And tao... :( i know he is a good actor ( king in kiss me still leaves me with tears amd truck loads of tissuez)... so i guess i shd blame director for this bad acting..if so..he was the one who directed kiss me!! How come they did a damn good job in that??? And nakhun sad face..most of the time have me in splits.. he looks like a kid who has been told that he wont get his favourite toy!!(poor baby).. was there any need for that uncle guy?? Seriously..and making his own niece a scape goat!! Duh!! As of now.. i loved the queen...and grandma queen!! Both of tjem.has subtle but powerful expressions on their face..and inn's sister..in k version she was a strong and bold person and i hope it will be the same in here... thats enough complaining!!! Sorrry..i didnt mean to offend anyone... this is completely my opinion!!! #Disappointed fan who excitedly waited for this drama!!!

On 6/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, clon_105 said:

where are the new episodes with eng subs?

Minnie and prince Inn are fighting in club friday LoL XD 

Reveal hidden contents

The new episodes are available first at the subbers Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ingfakirataJJ/

Apparently, the videos at her dailymotion site have received take down just like what happened with YT. So the best source is FB now. 

On 6/16/2017 at 9:49 PM, LeeN said:

ving watched Episode 15, I think it would be safe to say all my hopes have been dashed. In my mind, there is only one thing that I think is better here than in the original, and that is how Pattie

I was hoping they did the remake with Thai culture in mind.. This is my second Lakorn drama and saw a glimpse of Thai wedding in Full House Thai. I really wished they didn't pattern the remake from the original. 

I had high hopes for this drama given that the same team had handled Full House Thai...but I was so disappointed on how things turned out. Full House Thai kisses was much better compared with the original (hello Ice cream kiss!!!!!) and so I have high hopes too for a heart stopping kiss on this one, one of my disappointments in this series, Tao got to kiss Minnie and a guy from his other series and yet they have to fake all the kisses with the lead. Editing was the worst I've seen and no continuity of the scenes. And what a coincidence that Minnie's uncle is in cahoots with Nakhun's mom lol...

Anyhoo, 3 episodes left so might as well finish the whole series

2 hours ago, lhynne said:

I was hoping they did the remake with Thai culture in mind.. This is my second Lakorn drama and saw a glimpse of Thai wedding in Full House Thai. I really wished they didn't pattern the remake from the original. 

I had high hopes for this drama given that the same team had handled Full House Thai...but I was so disappointed on how things turned out. Full House Thai kisses was much better compared with the original (hello Ice cream kiss!!!!!) and so I have high hopes too for a heart stopping kiss on this one, one of my disappointments in this series, Tao got to kiss Minnie and a guy from his other series and yet they have to fake all the kisses with the lead. Editing was the worst I've seen and no continuity of the scenes. And what a coincidence that Minnie's uncle is in cahoots with Nakhun's mom lol...

Anyhoo, 3 episodes left so might as well finish the whole series

That is a grave sin, to allow the villain/second lead girl kiss the main lead, knowing the female lead will never do so. This is underestimating the viewers to a great degree and really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Really bad production decision there. Also, one example of bad editing is how the doll with Inn's face was just suddenly there. They could have shown a very short shot of the princess feeling lonely and sewing it up. That was another key scene. And there are a LOT of unnecessary scenes they could have taken out to make room for the more important ones. For instance, the back story behind Shin's teddy bear added to his character and made you understand him better, but again, they took that out. As I've said above, it's all really just disappointing how they directed and edited this. And the acting leaves much to be desired.

20 hours ago, hananiarashi said:

That is a grave sin, to allow the villain/second lead girl kiss the main lead, knowing the female lead will never do so. This is underestimating the viewers to a great degree and really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Really bad production decision there. Also, one example of bad editing is how the doll with Inn's face was just suddenly there. They could have shown a very short shot of the princess feeling lonely and sewing it up. That was another key scene. And there are a LOT of unnecessary scenes they could have taken out to make room for the more important ones. For instance, the back story behind Shin's teddy bear added to his character and made you understand him better, but again, they took that out. As I've said above, it's all really just disappointing how they directed and edited this. And the acting leaves much to be desired.

True... They left important details and put in lots of villain scenes which I find unnecessary too. I was enjoying the first few episodes then it went downhill all of a sudden especially when the villains came in. Horrible acting from the villains didn't help either as I find my self cringing every time Nakhun's mom opens her mouth. I can go on and on about the flaws of this drama but the chemistry of Tao and Pattie is there though it won't be enough to save the drama. Tao's acting for me was okay for me but Pattie's a bit stiff, I guess she really isn't used to romantic scenes. Minnie was better but I find her scenes with her uncle and Nakhun's mom really annoying and it took so much of screen time than I can endure 

Archived