[Thai Drama 2017] Princess Hours รักวุ่นๆ เจ้าหญิงจอมจุ้น

yoyo_icecube

5 hours ago, Table122000 said:

On the acting style, I think it must be more of director's style because I've seen the actors in other dramas and they are much more natural there. The male lead was great in Kiss Me, and others have said that the female lead was good in other dramas they saw so I don't think it's because they can't act. I think it's a combination of director and actor choices. I agree with you that the acting here can come off a bit unnatural. The female lead is often too ditzy and childish for my taste and the male lead too stiff. Also not liking the long pauses that happen when characters are talking.  I'm also having issues with the editing and pacing of this drama. I'm hoping as we get toward the halfway point that things will settle down and the acting won't be so exaggerated but more relaxed. Otherwise, I am enjoying the drama. 

thx god im not the only one feel this way.

most ridiculous scene for me was when khanung is about to faint in previous episode, where she looks like she is sitting down instead of falling down... (/__-) *face palming* and of course her way too childish, prince-so-stiff...why oh why.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, lokaanime said:

OMG, thank you so much!! It took me by surprised not seeing any videos at all on youtube

Sure-no problem. I was also shocked when all the episodes were gone from YT and I was afraid that the person had stopped subbing altogether. Luckily, it was explained on another forum what happened. In case anyone needs to catch up on episodes, 1-7 are available on Kissasian and  Dramacool. I don't know if further episodes will be uploaded there or not. I'm just so grateful that the fan subber is continuing the project on facebook, and seems to be leaving messages on YT as well. 

40 minutes ago, yoyo_icecube said:

thx god im not the only one feel this way.

most ridiculous scene for me was when khanung is about to faint in previous episode, where she looks like she is sitting down instead of falling down... (/__-) *face palming* and of course her way too childish, prince-so-stiff...why oh why.

No you are not alone. I've seen comments on other forums critical of the acting in the drama as well. It's really a shame because I want to love this drama so mjuch-I've been looking forward to it for over a year. Other productions by Halo I've really enjoyed so I was eager to see what they would do for this story. The Episode 0 BTS video was really helpful to me in explaining a lot of what the actors, director and production team were thinking as they were making this drama. This makes it easier for me to watch in some ways.I know that part of the problem for me is the characters themselves since the main female lead was childish and ditzy in the original K-Drama version and the main male lead was very stiff as well. It takes a high level of acting skill to really portray those types of charcters without going overboard, and even though the actors are not "bad", they are younger actors with not too much experience. I also blame the director for leading the production in a more exaggerated style.  I've caught up to episode 8 and I agree with you that the "fainting scene" did look a bit strange as she just sort of sat down. I didn't realize she had fainted at first, but I think if the actress had really just let herself collapse naturally she probably would have ended up in the water or perhaps hit her head on the rocks so I can see why the scene ended up the way it did. (Not that it doesn't look weird, though) My biggest problem with this episode was the second female lead's interview scene where she told reporters that she wasn't upset at all to fail in the Olympic trials, that being in the Olympics wasn't important to her at all. In fact, she had to return home ASAP as she had something more important to do there. I was like-What?! An Olympic athlete would never say those words- to compete in the Olympics is a total life dream for any athlete. For Minnie to say that she wasn't disappointed to fail the trials because of her injury was so out of character as to be ridiculous since she told Inn in Ep.1 she was turning down his proposal to pursue Olympic glory. That whole scene should have been written differently, so epic fail on the writers part. Previous to that scene I had really liked the changes they made in the second female lead for this version. Loved that she was an Olympic level archer  athlete. When she told Inn to "wait" for her during the proposal scene it made so much sense and made her conflicted feelings about the marriage  much more believable.  Again, having her get hit by the motorcycle and injure her hand right before the last round of the trials, and then lose the trials because of it was so much better than the K-Drama original set up. It was totally believable that with her Olympic dream now crushed due to injury she would think about going home and also about getting Inn back since her archery career is probably over because of the injury. Just wish the dialogue was written better for her interview scene. 

Otherwise, the pacing of this drama and the editing feel a bit off to me. Not feeling the second male lead's sudden "love" for the female lead. We've hardly seen them together to develop a friendship, let alone deeper feelings. That all just felt rushed for the sake of the plot, not something organic. I wish they could have developed the friendship between Khaning and Nahkung more before bringing up the "love triangle" part of the drama. One thing that I do like is they are not skirting around the fact that the 2 main leads are married and that the main "duty" of the couple is to have a child to continue the dynasty. I like that the parents and others are treating sex as a normal part of marriage and not pretending that it doesn't exist,  which was the feeling I got from the original K Drama version. I'll never forget in the KDrama version, the scene where the Prince's Mom comes to talk to the Crown Prince and finds the 2 leads (fully clothed) lying down on the bed together and totally freaks out like they are doing something bad. I though that was so unrealistic-I mean they are married. So I was glad to see a different, more realistic view here in the Thai version. Here's to hoping the second half of the drama will be better than the first half with more character interaction and development. 

3 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I've caught up to episode 8 and I agree with you that the "fainting scene" did look a bit strange as she just sort of sat down. I didn't realize she had fainted at first, but I think if the actress had really just let herself collapse naturally she probably would have ended up in the water or perhaps hit her head on the rocks so I can see why the scene ended up the way it did.

that's why i blame director for this scene. he should chose other safer location so that she can faint properly.. or other camera angle so they can put on something to prevent accidents..

Loved that she was an Olympic level archer  athlete.

i love this fact too.. they try to make a change than the korean version.

Not feeling the second male lead's sudden "love" for the female lead. We've hardly seen them together to develop a friendship, let alone deeper feelings. That all just felt rushed for the sake of the plot, not something organic.

agree. i want to see more. for now it's not enough character+relationship development.

i just watch ep8 and ep9 yesterday. i could say, this is the best week. the best 2 episodes so far. the acting is not that over the top, and finally we can see more progress on their relationship. watching the queen trying to give them some kind of medicine.. feeling dejavu.. i think i've read a very famous princess hour fanfic in here mentioning about that.. hahah...and Inn getting more handsome.

thank god i didn't drop this series. can't wait for next episode. 

Hi..i m new here... but i am a regular viewer of goobg thai!!! I was literally waiting for this drama and wanted to see thao in a lead role...coz he completely floored me with his acting in kiss me!!! Though i quite liked the changes they made to original version..i.do feel that something is lacking..may be its just me... may be that bad editing!! I really liked epi 10 & 11..but that kiss was kind of blaaaahhhh

14 hours ago, sookian2014 said:

Hi..i m new here... but i am a regular viewer of goobg thai!!! I was literally waiting for this drama and wanted to see thao in a lead role...coz he completely floored me with his acting in kiss me!!! Though i quite liked the changes they made to original version..i.do feel that something is lacking..may be its just me... may be that bad editing!! I really liked epi 10 & 11..but that kiss was kind of blaaaahhhh

you are not alone.. i feel the same. i couldn't help to feel a bit disappointed. 

i just watch ep12, i wonder if the timeline in the episode is around 2-3days..? the way they edit it looks like everything happen in the same day. this story is too straightforward. there's nothing happen in between, planning, nakhun's mommy talk to princess... talk to prince inn, talk to the royalty family, decorating the stage, practice... everything looks like happen in the same day? WHAT??? how could it be possible? if its happen in different day, at least they should show something must happen in between, they are not in school 24hours... COME ON!!! 

i wish the PD will read my comment, don't treat us like a fool. the actors and actress did great in these few episodes, i saw big improvement, but there is no improvement in editing and directing. or... should i blame the writer???

16 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

i wish the PD will read my comment, don't treat us like a fool. the actors and actress did great in these few episodes, i saw big improvement, but there is no improvement in editing and directing. or... should i blame the writer???

Haha even if they read viewers' comments it won't change anything. All Thai lakorns are filmed in advance, some even take 2 years to air especially those on popular channels like CH3 and CH7. The most they can do is improve on the next lakorn.

6 hours ago, whitedove said:

Haha even if they read viewers' comments it won't change anything. All Thai lakorns are filmed in advance, some even take 2 years to air especially those on popular channels like CH3 and CH7. The most they can do is improve on the next lakorn.

i know... its not like i want them to reshoot everything... i just need an explanation... some good explanation. what happen in between, why are they make that kind of editing. and of course they need to know viewer criticism so they can do a better job in next drama. 

in ep13, after prince inn tell nakhun to not hug his wife, he took khaning's wrist and went out.. and viewer are left hangging to that scene.. where did they go? why he took khaning away..? did they had a good talk after that? or just go home? PD just cut the scene just like that... that's what i think a very bad writing+editing. they ruined such a very good drama with a very bad re-writing... 

s*** (lolz the filter appeared)... i feel frustrated because i love this drama so much, i read the manhwa, i read alot of fanfiction... goong fanfictions in soompi done thousand times better than  thai remake's scriptwriter did. Maybe the only team that did great job are the casting team, the props and wardrobe team and location casting team.!!! cast, locations and wardrobe are superb.!!

Thanks @clon_105 for Ep11. Is Ep12 out yet? If yes, can you pm the link to me?

I have watched Goong before, so this Princess Hours is very refreshing. I like to see the female lead, she's very pretty and cute. Both she and the male leads are born 1990 and 1991 yet they look so young as students. :wub: Wow!

Good morning! I have issues with the editing too. Also, things are going way too fast for my taste and I felt like I was on a horse race or on a sprint session or something after every episode. Most of the time, I also have this hanging feeling every time a scene is finished. Continuity of the scenes are mostly lacking and I hate the fact that they give more time for the bad people talking and planning than using the time to make Nakhun falling in love with Khaning a bit more believable. I like some of the changes they made for the drama though but still some scenes I felt like it was done redundantly. The chemistry between the two leads are on point and the second leads are okay. I am a bit annoyed on how Nakhun's mom is talking too and how Pattie sometimes uses her high pitched voice, I like it best when she tones it down a bit. Still enjoying it though and I hope the English sub won't stop til the end 

On 6/3/2017 at 9:21 AM, lhynne said:

Good morning! I have issues with the editing too. Also, things are going way too fast for my taste and I felt like I was on a horse race or on a sprint session or something after every episode. Most of the time, I also have this hanging feeling every time a scene is finished. Continuity of the scenes are mostly lacking and I hate the fact that they give more time for the bad people talking and planning than using the time to make Nakhun falling in love with Khaning a bit more believable. I like some of the changes they made for the drama though but still some scenes I felt like it was done redundantly. The chemistry between the two leads are on point and the second leads are okay. I am a bit annoyed on how Nakhun's mom is talking too and how Pattie sometimes uses her high pitched voice, I like it best when she tones it down a bit. Still enjoying it though and I hope the English sub won't stop til the end 

so true... alot of scenes are cut off so abruptly. we are left hanging!! now i start to blame the script team.. i hate the way nakhun's mommy talk too. its so annoying. she's so over the top.. khaning was so high pitches at first.. but now she's sounds more mature and not talking like that anymore.. im glad... ah... *relieved*

Archived