[Thai Drama 2017] Princess Hours รักวุ่นๆ เจ้าหญิงจอมจุ้น

yoyo_icecube

5 hours ago, whitedove said:

Compared to Princess Hours, Secret Garden remake will star even more popular actor/actress, so they need better execution for that remake befitting of the actor/actress' star status in Thailand.

Here's the unfortunate thing though. On Channel 3, superstars Nadech & Yaya will star in another body-switching drama and it will air before Secret Garden remake (which will definitely air on True). Nadech's character is a police officer while Yaya's character is an actress who only plays elegant/feminine roles, but starts playing tough girl roles after getting body-switched. If this one proves to be real good production, Secret Garden remake will have a lot to live up to.

I didn't know about the other body switching drama airing before the Secret Garden remake. Hopefully, the Secret Garden remake will be a quality production and will get viewers. I think someone in the forum said that PH didn't get good ratings in Thailand, so it would be sad if they had 2 dramas in a row with poor ratings. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/10/2017 at 3:12 AM, Table122000 said:

I didn't know about the other body switching drama airing before the Secret Garden remake. Hopefully, the Secret Garden remake will be a quality production and will get viewers. I think someone in the forum said that PH didn't get good ratings in Thailand, so it would be sad if they had 2 dramas in a row with poor ratings. 

Apparently, the Channel 3 drama is a remake of another popular Thai drama from like a decade ago. Well body-switching plot is hardly original, let alone Secret Garden lol.

Yeah PH was doing okay at first, but ratings fell below True4U's drama ratings average in the later episodes.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:36 PM, whitedove said:

Compared to Princess Hours, Secret Garden remake will star even more popular actor/actress, so they need better execution for that remake befitting of the actor/actress' star status in Thailand.

Here's the unfortunate thing though. On Channel 3, superstars Nadech & Yaya will star in another body-switching drama and it will air before Secret Garden remake (which will definitely air on True). Nadech's character is a police officer while Yaya's character is an actress who only plays elegant/feminine roles, but starts playing tough girl roles after getting body-switched. If this one proves to be real good production, Secret Garden remake will have a lot to live up to.

i never watch nadech's acting but he seems popular hahaha so the drama wil be like "Love Arumirai'?

well, i just hope Phan who plays as Nakhun can have another drama and get recognize by thai entertanment industry :) why so hard to get information about him?

by the way, thank you for everyone, i enjoy every comment, see you in other thai drama <3

19 hours ago, fatfatphat said:

i never watch nadech's acting but he seems popular hahaha so the drama wil be like "Love Arumirai'?

well, i just hope Phan who plays as Nakhun can have another drama and get recognize by thai entertanment industry :) why so hard to get information about him?

by the way, thank you for everyone, i enjoy every comment, see you in other thai drama <3

Nadech is literally a superstar in Thailand and a very good actor, he has won Best Actor awards before. Channel 3 stars are very popular, and out of the male leads Nadech is the most popular, while Mario Maurer and James Jirayu are the more popular ones overseas. I've never watched Love Arumirai though.

You can see from this recent Channel 3 concert clip subbed in English about all the popular Channel 3 stars (with a few stars missing due to other commitments):

I think for the Phan actor to be popular he probably has to sign exclusively with either Channel 3 or Channel 7, though competition on Channel 3 for main lead roles are super tough!

I am so very disappointed with this drama can't believe me and my sis wasted time watching this. It started out okay the main leads were pretty decent actors. However, when we got to the first kiss ep it went down hill from there. I cannot believe how terrible kissing scenes were. First off I guess the main lead Pattie has a no kiss contract I can say that me and a lot of ppl did not know this going into the drama. This made the kissing very hard to watch and it was just plain awkward.The way the cameraman filmed all those kiss scenes were wack. I mean they could at least panned the camera out where you cant see him stick his finger in between there lips.

Its such a shame because it could have had so much potential. But halfway through it went straight to hell in a hand basket. Sighs, it also seemed as if halfway through they changed the director because the drama changed dramatically in the way it was being filmed. I thought that Nakhun acting was very lacking kinda like half the time he was spacing out or something. His mom's acting was even worse. I mean I understand she's supposed to act a little bitchy because of her character but omg that lady's acting was OTT. I honestly think she over acted in every single scene she had.

The actress who played Minnie was good in this drama. Even her kisses were more believable than the main otp's kiss. I have to say though the stylist for this drama is amazing I loved Pattie's clothes and the rest of the cast clothes were pretty good too. The ost was okay as well (except for that dramatic song This Is Love by Ann Thittima). Ughh the intro is so annoying Ive seen a lot of ppl on youtube complain about the placement of this song in the drama. This was the first time Ive seen Tao and Pattie act in a drama. She's really cute and her acting is not bad but the no kissing thing was just wack. I will never watch another drama of hers. Tao was great I liked his acting and will look into something else he is acting in. I saw a few vids of him in the drama Club Friday The Series 8 and he is doing great in acting as a gay guy. Even the kisses were believable. Here's the link if anyone is interested to his song and his drama. Also, hes a decent singer as well. I loved his song from Princess Hours Thailand Ost (Tao Sethapong - Are There Any Other Words)

Spoiler

Princess Hours Thailand Ost (Tao Sethapong - Are There Any Other Words)

Live Version

@cdcotr  & @kappy

I agree with both of you that the story had very abrupt and choppy transitions. Especially the phone call on the beach in ep 19

Spoiler

then all of the sudden the naked scene popped up.

I thought I missed something in between the beach phone call to the next scene. So I rewound the ep again to see if my mind was playing tricks on me. The directing really sucked from the middle till the end of this remake. So sad it could have been really good but it was so disappointing.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:58 AM, cdcotr said:

The clunky transitions and abrupt shifts in scenes and sometimes dialogue, really hinder the smooth flow of the story. It feels like I'm watching a series of flashbacks or teasers or trailers and I have to extrapolate from that. There is a lack of info given and limited insight to what the characters are thinking, feeling or just where their heads are at. I'm often left guessing. It's so bad sometimes that the feeling and understanding is the same while watching the raw and even with the subs!

on point babe!!! 

On 6/15/2017 at 3:39 PM, Mayiya said:

This week my favorite character is the Grandma... Grandma you speak little but strong. XD!

"This is your problem. Your heart wants to get one thing but (you are) doing another thing."

love the grandma.. she knows things!! xD

On 6/15/2017 at 0:30 AM, Carmarie said:

What I hate the most about this remake is Inn and Minnie.  As a prince of the country, he knows to place country and duty above personal feelings.  He knows that once he married Khaning, he is married.  Why not make it clear to Minnie, I am the crown prince and I am; therefore, committed to my marriage, and I can't be embroiled with a scandal because not only will it reflect badly on my position, but on the royal family and more importantly the King.

the prince going back and forth between khaning and minnie, its really pissed me off. especially when he (fake) kissed khaning after Minnie kissed him on the same day. i would be really pissed off if im khaning. he might not enjoy it, but he didn't pushed her away, or avoiding her. urrrghh!!!

ps: been missing for weeks.. got 4pages to read ^^lll

On 6/15/2017 at 9:16 PM, LoveBunny said:

The princes pushes her away, his ex comes back, he makes the princess cry, he tries to make it up to her, his cousins is trying to get close to her, he gets jalousie, she forgives him, and back to scare one for a full circle. Their chemistry seems to be there but the writers are not letting it flourish. The fake kissing is annoying and i really don't understand it. There is no character development for the prince, his at a standstill and just keep doing the same things over and over again.

so true, its makes me ask... 'where is the plot? what is the writer doing?'

On 7/9/2017 at 9:36 PM, whitedove said:

shocked that ananda himself will joining the cast. which character will he take?

i saw the trailer for the nadech yaya drama. its hilarious, when will it starts? i can't wait!! someone please open the thread please... hahaha

ps: im encouraging fans to open thread for upcoming dramas... especially who are well informed about the news.. so that other fans can follow up the progress of the drama.. pretty plsssss...

On 7/13/2017 at 3:26 PM, BaiZiHua said:

The ost was okay as well (except for that dramatic song This Is Love by Ann Thittima). Ughh the intro is so annoying Ive seen a lot of ppl on youtube complain about the placement of this song in the drama.

glad someone mention about this. sometimes the OST/BGM is not suitable for the situation... i don't know about the lyric though but at least the melody should be on point with the mood not the other way round. 

19 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

shocked that ananda himself will joining the cast. which character will he take?

i saw the trailer for the nadech yaya drama. its hilarious, when will it starts? i can't wait!! someone please open the thread please... hahaha

ps: im encouraging fans to open thread for upcoming dramas... especially who are well informed about the news.. so that other fans can follow up the progress of the drama.. pretty plsssss...

From what I read in other sites, Ananda will be the male lead taking on the Kim Joo Wan character played by Hyun Bin in the original K-Drama version.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:12 AM, yoyo_icecube said:

The Nadech/Yaya drama will start end of July I believe, I'll have to check, but it's airing after the current drama (Arkom starring James Ma & Margie Rasri). Since it has Tor in supporting role I think I might open it. Plus, it'll have a reliable and fast subbing team subbing it, so I think I might do it. :)

58 minutes ago, whitedove said:

The Nadech/Yaya drama will start end of July I believe, I'll have to check, but it's airing after the current drama (Arkom starring James Ma & Margie Rasri). Since it has Tor in supporting role I think I might open it. Plus, it'll have a reliable and fast subbing team subbing it, so I think I might do it. :)

Ah.. i just open the thread.. im so sorry... i should read your post first before opening it. sorry.. but i appreciate if u can contribute to the thread. thx.

On 7/15/2017 at 8:17 AM, yoyo_icecube said:

glad someone mention about this. sometimes the OST/BGM is not suitable for the situation... i don't know about the lyric though but at least the melody should be on point with the mood not the other way round. 

I totally agree with you. There were so many lovely moments that we ruined because the music didn't match the mood. Every time I hear the into part of that song I got so annoyed LOL :crazy::blink:. However, I do like the lyrics of the song it's just I think the beat and music direction for that song sucked. I will post the translation if you're interested to know what the song is saying.

I wanna say that grandma was one of my fav characters too. :) She did a good job in portraying her character she has such great warmth in the way she delivered her lines.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:40 PM, BaiZiHua said:

I totally agree with you. There were so many lovely moments that we ruined because the music didn't match the mood. Every time I hear the into part of that song I got so annoyed LOL :crazy::blink:. However, I do like the lyrics of the song it's just I think the beat and music direction for that song sucked. I will post the translation if you're interested to know what the song is saying.

I wanna say that grandma was one of my fav characters too. :) She did a good job in portraying her character she has such great warmth in the way she delivered her lines.

SO TRUE...!!! im about to throw my laptop out of my window because of the first tune!!

8 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

SO TRUE...!!! im about to throw my laptop out of my window because of the first tune!!

Hahaha .......... same here it drove my crazy every time. :) Wanted to strangle the music director LOL.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived