[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, oneandthree said:

Wooow! I voted this morning and uri FMW was only in 44%. I just voted again and we are leading now by 51%. So happy! By the way, after this vote, they're gonna have another round of vote featuring the couple (PSJ-KJW or JCW-NJH). It was like that during SWDBS; they had SWDBS vs WFKBJ and then puppy vs swag couple.

Recap on dramabeans is out!

www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/fight-my-way-episode-12/

When will this poll end? FFMW leads with 51% (around 31000 votes) and 48% (around 29000 votes) for SP. :D I hope we win for this face off and next couple face off. Keep voting for FFMW! :rolleyes:

Btw, the survey for dvd/bluray in Daum, is it just the survey so they can count the demand for dvd/bluray or when we took the survey, do we have to buy it once it released? 

And the bluray version, is that always contain more features than the dvd one?

I'm now watching last night's episode for the 20 millionth time hahaha... but this time because it's on KBS World right now... and guess what!

They have edited out the ENTIRE MACGYVER SCENE!!!!! Why would they do that?!?! There's nothing even remotely obscene about it!!

So strange!! :wacko:

3 minutes ago, joyue_1 said:

I'm now watching last night's episode for the 20 millionth time hahaha... but this time because it's on KBS World right now... and guess what!

They have edited out the ENTIRE MACGYVER SCENE!!!!! Why would they do that?!?! There's nothing even remotely obscene about it!!

So strange!! :wacko:

I wonder why they edited that scene out. Maybe because of commercial time or something? What is the matter with DM fixing his bed and spraying fabreze all over his abs? :tongue: The viewers in KBS World will miss such a golden scene. 

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That is an interesting theory. Of course, if she's DM's mother, then she would have had to have left DM and his father when DM was just a baby, since we see DM's mother in the flashbacks as well as current day. Though, that wouldn't explain how she knew Coach if she left when DM was a baby. 

So, what if she's DM's aunt? As in, she's DM's mother's sister? And she and her sister had a falling out over DM's dad at some point? 

I had been leaning towards the landlady being related to AR in some way, as in her mother still, but I have to say that at this point, there have been enough clues and red herrings that I have no idea. :) I do think it's hilarious that she's playing such a cranky and moralistic fairy godmother to AR and DM. 

For some reason, I was thinking that perhaps he is not even his father. She could have had DM with someone else, and when she left to go to Japan, she left him with DM's family.

I liked yesterday's episode because it showed how similar DM and his father are. They both answered the same thing to their bosses, and they both uncooly left money to the other. It was all about showing how similar they were. But call me paranoid (I think KDrama has made me super paranoid about crazy plot twists, ha ha), I kept thinking it was obviously a way to show us that you don't have to be blood-related to be similar...

I dunno... I am also a bit conflicted. I kept going back and forth between her being AR's and DM's mother. And yet, I am leaning a bit more towards her being DM's mother :tongue:

My comment about tha aunt was more: why would she hide her identity if she were someone's aunt? I mean, would that be bad for her to not have been in her niece or nephew's life?

@arfaizar Ah, I also want to see more of DM's sister. It has been so sweet to see her watching her brother's fights! I want to see them together and I want her to say to him that she is proud.

@hazeljrr_c922 Yeah, Coach-nim sure knows the landlady but I got the idea she used to be renowed for being a fighter or sthg, no? He said that she was a legend so I assumed she was a legend in his field, like @sofia111 did...

I loved SH in this episode. Not only because she stood up to herself but also because she made my heart ache. Somehow, her break-up was bitter-sweet. I am happy she dumped JM because he was not all present with her, he did not give her his all. But I also feel SH lost her dream, it got stopped in its tracks. She was the one living part of her dream: loving, taking care of someone, like she always wanted to. Breaking up with JM was giving up her life, like AR's said because in this show, your dream is your life in a way... That is why it was so hard to her to break up and why it took her so long to do so.

I also agree that JM is lost. I am sure he loves SH, I am not sure he really loves the intern: I think he likes the kind of life that the intern could bring him. He wants to succeed, to have a better life, make more money, move to a bigger place... could that be his dream? So either they don't fit together because their dreams are in conflict; or he needs to realize that he can achieve his dream with SH.

I also could understand the intern's feelings. If JM had not answered her calls, had not shown up everytime she was in trouble, I think she would have stopped. I could understand how when you love someone, you just want to see him all the time, you try to see him. The only issue is that JM was not single and by doing that, she hurt SH and became a richard simmons. I could relate to what she did and why, but knowing that there was someone else involved, that made her selfish and a total richard simmons!! I liked what SH told her: I wish you are in my place one day.

Anyway, what I love about this show is how humane everyone is depiste their flaws. In the same way MB was a total jerk, and at the same time he was just a pathetic man who had an inferiority complex to DM because the latter was happy with nothing and MB was miserable despite having it all...

@alekaonu - @aunniek shared the link yesterday here:

Er--- someone please...please...P L E A S E  tell me that it ain't true that Dongman-Aera are related!??! Say it ain't so! 'Cause that's just downright cruel to toy with the viewers emotions YO:wacko::blink::unsure:

That aside<_< ep.12 was just so heartwarming, the talk between Dongman & his Dad and (YaY) to Jooman-Seolhee's breakup:tongue: maybe now he'd know what he's truly missing. And wah that Yejin is shameless & so thick skinned it is unbelievable. I found it refreshing to see Seolhee stand up for herself in this episode & fight for her happiness for once. Though I got a feelin' it'd probably be a temporary separation (y'know this bein' a public network so everythin' needs to be hunky dory and whatnot) I for one applauded when Seolhee threw that glass of water on Yejin's face LoLB)

I also found that scene where Seolhee wished her customer to be happy to be very poignant. And then she got emotional as the caller wished her back the same. Sometimes all it takes is one act of kindness to make the world seem ok again (even for a brief moment)

Many of my own thoughts about ep. 12 have already been expressed, so I'll just share a few here.

Seol-hee is definitely the HERO of this episode.  I love that they showed how strong she really is. That when she was passive it was an actual decision on her part, not just an unconscious reaction. I loved both her final break-up scene with Idiot and her confrontation with Housefly.  And it was so SH to cry because Idiot was sad, she is just the kindest person!

I love the friendship that she and AR have.  They both truly respect and love each other.  The scene of when they were kids and AR's voice-over was just beautiful. 

I also love how thoughtful and respectful DM was of AR in the past couple of episodes (even if AR wasn't :)).  

I'm so happy that DM made up with his appa and that appa encouraged him to go after his dream.  And they really are so much alike :)

I can't leave an episode without mentioning Coach-nim.  I loved that when he saw DM with his appa that he immediately came to DM's defense and said it was his fault that he was doing MMA.  He always has our boy's back.  

This episode was jam packed with excellent dialogue, but I think my favorite line is when DM and AR are awakened by SH and DM says "Why do people keep coming by whenever I sleep with you?" :D

Random thoughts:

I think Lady Hwang definitely caused some sort of trouble back in the day.  She mentioned the Puke Face that pretty girls have noisy lives, that she was speaking from experience.  I do think somehow she is related to AR, not sure how.  AR wanting to talk back to her and saying that she was a polar opposite of herself, along with the LH knowing exactly what AR said to DM about coming back over I think are all clues to that.  I think DM's appa was either an ex-boyfriend or past love based on the last scene.  She hid from AR's dad, but didn't have much of a reaction to him, not like with DM's appa. Anyway, only time will tell.

I don't think Idiot likes Housefly, he just likes the attention.  I don't see them ever dating.

We are seeing those plates outside of PF's place for a reason, I'm just not sure what.  I don't think she'll do anything directly to our OTP, but I can see her harming herself to get DM's attention.  I did notice that second plate had more food left on it than the previous one, maybe she'll pass out from making herself sick.  ????

I think that DM will have his reunion with his sister either right before or right after he fights TS.  I think the whole family will show up for the match.  

I really hope that TS's coach does SOMETHING to clear up TS's lies about DM.  He clearly doesn't like TS's scheming so I'm hoping he'll find a way to out him.  Probably wishful thinking........

Most importantly, how are AR and DM going to break the news to AR's dad that they are a couple????  And what will his reaction be????:huh::D

I'm still watching ep 11 and seems to me like Jooman is giving in to that intern's advances because of her identity. Her background is so solid and his job is being threatened by the fact that he had rejected her already... I guess he had wanted to get promoted so he could get married with SH but along the way he got lost in his pursuit of getting a promotion and neglected SH's feelings instead. Their break-up is needed to show them how much they could miss each other, perhaps a wake-up call so to speak?

If Jooman cannot woo her back, they don't deserve to be together. This is a test of their relationship. And if SH could stand up for herself and find her confidence, she'll be a better person for JM. JM also needs to be a better man for SH. 

I will comment on our new couple's relationship once I finish watching ep 12 but still whenever DM shows us his abs in ep 11, I feel like gushing over him like a fangirl :wub: :wub: :wub: 

Oh come on, of course DongMan and AeRa are not related by blood!

Landlady saw them kissing and if it's true that they're related by blood, she'd have gone over with some TNT and ripped them apart. Korea only recently revoked the law that bans people from the same clan from marrying! And if they were related by blood, AeRa and DongMan's families would have told them beforehand! I bet no one here or in the show encourages incest!

@aunniek This must be a case of "when good things happen, you get nervous" because I got scared when you suddenly thanked us, like you're up to something nefarious. HAHA. But anyway, you're welcome!

Ahhhhh I finally got to watch the episode at about 1am last night and I was just too tired and happy to write anything about it then. So many of you have posted amazing recaps and responses so here I go with just a few thoughts:

1. I love the way DM and AR's relationship is developing so much I could cry (and have). It feels so, so real in every way, and it's just beautiful. We're used to always watching for these moments of fiery pent-up passion in dramas, but there's something incredibly poignant in the way these two are just honest with each other and confess blatantly at all the times when other people usually hedge around the subject. It shows how much they really trust each other, that they're willing to be so vulnerable in front of the other person. (And...I'm pretty sure they can bring the heat, too, if they choose to do that. Just sayin' :tongue:)

2. I know I'm biased, but I think Park Seo Joon reached a new level as an actor in this episode...or maybe just showed a side of himself we haven't been given a chance to see before. The scenes with AR aside, his moments with DM's dad were both genuine and raw, and I found myself crying more than once because he was playing all his emotions so close to the surface (how great was Dad in that scene??? So great!!!). And it was positively glorious to watch DM take hold of life the way he did at the end there. I hope this role leads to tons more great offers for him, because he deserves it!

3. SH and JM - I could NOT have cheered harder for SH in this ep if she was my own sister!!! I'm so proud of her for doing what she knew needed to be done, despite the absolute agony of it. Having myself intentionally let go of someone I loved who didn't love me as much in return, I really understood her pain in this episode, but she handled it like a total pro. I don't know where the show is heading with those two, but I'm just thrilled she finally stood up for herself! That being said, I love Ahn Jae Hong and seriously wouldn't have believed I could be so angry with a character he's playing, so there's still a piece of me that wants to see them somehow resolve this...even if it's just with him coming back to her at the end to ask whether they can be friends or something. I don't know; I think they're going to have to work pretty hard to get me to like him again!!

4. Who knew sweet, silly kisses could be as much fun as the sexy ones? It's not often we lose count of the number of times our lead couple has kissed in a drama, hahaha! :D I would say KJW is a lucky woman, but the truth is they both are, haha! PSJ's little DotS crush on KJW has been fulfilled like...a whole lot. Jin Goo who? (j/k j/k j/k) :wink: 

5. Owner ajhumma...good. lord. I have NO clue what is happening with this situation! I thought by now I might have it figured out, but they keep throwing curveballs!! Tricksy writers...very tricksy... <_<

That's it for now, 친구들!!! :wub:

28 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Oh come on, of course DongMan and AeRa are not related by blood!

Landlady saw them kissing and if it's true that they're related by blood, she'd have gone over with some TNT and ripped them apart. Korean only recently revoked the law that bans people from the same clan from marrying! And their families would have told them beforehand! I bet no one here or in the show encourages incest!

@aunniek This must be a case of "when good things happen, you get nervous" because I got scared when you suddenly thanked us, like you're up to something nefarious. HAHA. But anyway, you're welcome!

I try to remember to thank you all every week, however for you, I'll try to come up with something "nefarious"...............................:blush:

28 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

2. I know I'm biased, but I think Park Seo Joon reached a new level as an actor in this episode...or maybe just showed a side of himself we haven't been given a chance to see before. The scenes with AR aside, his moments with DM's dad were both genuine and raw, and I found myself crying more than once because he was playing all his emotions so close to the surface (how great was Dad in that scene??? So great!!!). And it was positively glorious to watch DM take hold of life the way he did at the end there. I hope this role leads to tons more great offers for him, because he deserves it!

I know!!! That moment when he was watching his father with his boss, I had tears in my eyes just looking at him tear up. It was an indirect scene but just him looking at his father and seeing himself a bit in him made me all emotional. The walking scene was also very emotional despite him and his father not interracting. There was sthg in PSJ's eyes that made me relatable and very touching.

Kuddos to Ahn Jae-Hong too. I thought his way of crying when SH told him that she had tried and had no regrets; regretting was his job. It was very realistic too. Not too overly dramatic, etc.

I also had tears in my eyes (ok, you get it, I got teary a few times wtahcing episode 12) when SH started crying after a customer told her to be happy. The "Unnie be happy too" brought the tears she had been holding back all day. I could also totally relate to this; how strong she was and how one comment made her cry. I did not know Song Ha-Yoon before this but now I am curious and went to see more of her stuff.

Anyway, great acting from them all. This show is such a gem!

14 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Just leaving this here as a little pick-me-up for your day...*ahem* :wink:

http://cfile5.uf.tistory.com/image/2757FD4A595379010646DA

If it's all in or all out...he definitely goes all in... :tongue: 

Gosh!... Ouh la la.... Isn't it hot in here? :tongue:

I have very inappropriate things to say so... I'll just go eat dinner now...

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, a scene that made me laugh when I watched it, though I didn't post about it was when AR was telling DM about JM spending the night at the intern's house. AR gets annoyed because DM keeps asking whether DM had slept with the intern. AR was trying to make the point that it wasn't solely about whether JM had sex or not. Then AR asks DM if that had been him who had spent the night at HR's whether he thought he would deserve to be hit. DM again hedges by asking whether he had done anything or just slept. An exasperated AR tells DM to change the circumstances and SHE spent the night over at a guy's. DM finally sees the point, getting outraged and saying that, of course, it's an offense that deserved a total beating. 

I like this scene for a few reasons. First of all, it was a funny scene. PSJ did a lovely job as DM who is somewhere between being deliberately obtuse and being a bit of a stereotypical guy. As in, a near miss is almost as good as a total miss - kind of thing. However, AR isn't having any of that. Finally, it's the thought of AR spending a night at some other guy's house that finally draws a reaction as DM realizes how much he would hate for that to happen. It's a comic way to bring up a double standard. Why should a guy get a pass for almost cheating. It's true that he didn't physically go all the way, but why did he put himself in that position anyway? Isn't it because emotionally he was drawn to it? Whereas any appearance of any potential indiscretion on the part of a woman is considered a big deal. 

To DM's credit, he immediately gets the concept of what's fair for the guy should be fair for the girl kind of thing, and how upsetting it would be.

Still, I said in the previous paragraph that he was being a bit deliberately obtuse, and I wonder if that's because JM is his friend, and so he doesn't want to see his friend totally in the doghouse, especially if JM had pulled himself back from the brink. 

Anyway, entertaining scene with a core issue of gender equality at stake. 

I love this post!  And I did love it how he immediately gets it once AR starts to even mention her staying out.  He may not have wanted for Idiot to be in the doghouse, but I also think that he didn't want to think that Idiot would do something like that and hurt his friend SH.  I agree with what SH said, he was cheating, not physically (yet) but emotionally definitely.  

Archived