[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Early in the morning, Me n My Brain talking, 

Me: He died??!!!!???!!!

Brain: He's been living for the past 900 yrs, he had an extra reward, it's fine

Me: But, but... he just happen to find his first love after 900ish yrs!!!

Brain: Thats traggic, keep strong keep strong :dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

Oh my immortal friends.. My bride friends.. My queen friends.. All of you please, give me some advices and tell me how the heck all of you could survive tonight after watching this 13th episode of friday13th, with that wrecking sad ending that makes your eyes swollen from tears, while knowing that this week we only get 1 new episode and have to wait another week to see the next episode, which officialy will be our last week journey too of the on-going episode so need to prepare a goodbye.. I already rewatching from episode 1 again, in between, for weeks, over and over, I lost count how many times.. The only songs's playlist that I play for these past few weeks only goblin OST, I'm mostly hang out in this thread, I go to every sites provide the updates and news about everything goblin (while carefully avoiding spoiler about ending), I checking out goblin related in social media (while skillfully skipping spoilers), it's become my air..I literally breath Goblin.. Please, tell me how to survive this because I'm sure the withdrawal will most likely killing me..

And that kiss, yes now we talk! That's what we've been waiting, that's what we have anticipated..! The only thing that make me surprise tonight and make my heart go thump2 like crazy, but really I agree with all of you who questioned about whose idea is it to zoom out that passionate kiss? Yes, indeed..WHO? Is it you Lee PD-nim? WHY?????? WHY??????????? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? HOW COULD YOU, PD-NIM.. :bawling:

(Please forgive my useless rant, I just feel it's such a waste to zoom out that kiss....hahahahhah)

• Like 14

Ep 14 will show us lots of ET scenes remembering Kim Shin. When the flowers bloom, when it rain, when it's snowing, when she walk home...we'll go through the angst with her. ET in mourning. And I hope they won't end the episode with KS appear in his warrior outfit. That will make me throw my laptop cos we wait 7 days for KS's "return" scenes...lol. I want moarrrr, writernim! Me guess ep 15 and 16 full of tying up the loose ends and more smiling scenes for GR and Sunny and KS/ET. 

Amnesia, most dreaded word. 

• Like 16

I think its possible ET can still remember her goblin. Since the necklace is still with her in the future, i see no reason why photos wont. As long as the canon camera is safe and sound, there's no way euntak can forget goblin. She took lots of pictures. Unless someone wipes her memory, then smashes her camera and also her smartphone. And then proceed wiping everything euntak has posted on social media. Also, need to wipe deokhwa's memory of euntak, since he's a blabbermouth. Heh. 

Hoping for a happy ending that completes the story and satisfies us all who have spent vast amount of our precious time watching the superlong episodes, after that watching favourite parts on repeat, sharing or reading various theories here, watching bts, researching the actors involved, promoting the series to others, and the list goes on..

Can't wait for next week. I need to watch the ending. Oh the agony of watching live drama and you have no patience :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

Amnesia, most dreaded word. 

I think we can all agree on that...

:cold_sweat:

ETA: I started thinking of all the dramas with amnesia. Here is my list: Queen In-Hyun's Man; Trot Lovers; Nice Guy, Boys over Flowers; I Hear your Voice; Master's Sun; Stairway to Heaven; W; Shopping King Louie; School 2015; Secret Garden; ....

There are so many already, and I only wrote down the first that came to mind.

• Like 5

I look forward to see the episode with sub!! 

I wonder how the ending will look like. I've seen all the spoilers and still couldn't figure out. If KS is just going to visit ET during first snow, lunch at QB, etc then KS will be like a ghost? Hmm that's not a good ending. Amnesia is not a good ending either. Hahaha so what kind of ending will it be? I hope the writer is smarter than all of us to figure out a way to end this nicely. Happy ending hwaiting!! 

• Like 5

Gahh... So much crying in this episode :bawling:. GR & Sunny breaking up. GR and KS bromance breakup and the end...KS and ET ending scene just tears man just tears. KS-ET ending scene didn't emotionally impacted as much as I would like to due to being spoiled beforehand (thanks sis..<_<)but I teared up nonthless since the actors' performance was just that good. They really deserve some major awards for their acting in this drama. 

The scene where KS was reminiscing the moments he had with grim reaper was really touching that I thought if someone who has never watched this drama saw only that scene they would think this drama was about the love story of these two men or something..:/ My heart broke for GR when KS revealed that the very people that he doubt the most was really the same people who genuinely loved him but they were never given a chance to say it nor express it out to him all due to WY's paranoia and the circumstance at the time. T^T LDW's performance as an adult WY was just on point, expressing his desperation to see the queen one more time before his planned death even if it's through his drawings. And not to forget Yoo in na inthe breakup scene. She really moved me with her tears when she said that she didn't want to fall for WY again in this life with that choking voice. Gah that scene was just so sad. I truly hope they find a way to a happy ending...together.. Just like how I hope it would be the same with KS and ET.

3 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

This thread goes so fast that I have to backtrack again later on:blink:

Anyways,based on your recaps (Thank you recappers!:heart:) and youtube clips,today's episode has got to be the best I've seen so far. And although it looks like the end,this is in fact the very beginning of a new chapter in the characters' lives.It's just the beginning of the climax.That's why I don't feel completely heartbroken.In fact,I'm really excited for what's to come next:lol:

I want to post my thoughts on what might happen next but it might be a spoiler for some.For the convenience of those who don't want to be spoiled,I'll put my thoughts in the spoiler below.

Spoiler Alert!You've Been Warned!

Hide contents

I've seen a photo of KS dressed in Goryeo attire but the setting is modern.He stands near a road,there are buildings and people who are on their way to work in the morning.There's also a video of ET and other people witnessing the flowers blossom,the same thing that occured when KS was so happy with ET.

So based in the spoilers mentioned and how some in this thread agreed that KS will be reborn from the ashes like a phoenix,this is what I think will happen next.

Although KS has disappeared in the form of ashes,his real body that was lying in the fields will be reawakened.It kind of like being in a comatose state for 900+ years.This means that he'll be back to human form again.No longer is he a goblin and he won't have any powers anymore.So he will return to the city and look for ET.Since the ILOOM company is his and he no longer has the power to meddle with human affairs,he'll take over the company as CEO and live like a normal human being.

I can only think of this much.I can't say much about GR and Sunny's future because I don't have any spoilers for me to derive any opinions.I also do not know whether or who will have their memories erased since it seems possible to me that ET or KS or even both may have their memories erased.

Come to think of it,why does all of these incidents happen now,900+ years after KS was stabbed by the sword?I know that KS being a goblin is a form of punishment but I can't help but think it's also a blessing in disguise.It's as if he waited and roamed the world for 900+ years before finding the one who was meant for him.Maybe,out of the 4 lives ET talked about,this is just the 1st life for ET.Waiting for her would mean that KS will get to live the other 3 lives with ET again.I don't know...this is just me trying to think of a romantic side to this currently tragic story.

I do hope your theory does come true! I'm desperate for a happy ending between the two.:'(. And I did have another theory (one which I have to retract back what I said that it's not KS's reincarnation haha) is if both ET and KS were to be reincarnated (since KS can see the future life of the person as well and ET was talking about a 3rd,4th,5th life with Sunny) and they meet again in that life. But that won't satisfy me since then it would mean ET in the current life would be all lonely without KS by her side. :( And it won't make sense since (why am I debunking my own theory lol) he won't have blue flames to signal to secretary that he is the owner to the inheritance and become CEO to meet ET. (And not sure if she would have the same necklace in her next life? Unless it's saved by halmeoni or passed through generations of course).

So between your theory and the theory I just came up with on a whim, I think I much prefer yours since I don't want current ET to be without KS in this life. :|

• Like 8

Dang!! This episode is so intense, full of emotion. Sadness. Bitterness. Revelation. Sacrifice.

Sunny-GR final break up, sunny choose to not choose GR again in present life. She learnt it. Im so saaaddd watching this scene. What a terrible fate for them:bawling:

GR biggest sin revealed. Suicide. Just like@LyraYoo said, this part also remind me of bible. Life itself is a grace from God. He created us, give life, so we ought to keep it, do our purpose in life. Human life belong to the almighty so we shall not, in any form, try to end it ourself. I trust @maryofbethany to explain about it more:)

So it's clear now. PJH just show up now because he's been waiting until ET's birth mark started to fade. When the birthmark fade, she loses her ability to see ghost, and PJH has the chance to possess ET's body and pull out KS's sword so KS will die. 

But what makes ET's birth mark start to fade away?

She found her purpose in life?

She's near to death?

• Like 9

When you watch Goblin with subs, thinking it won't affect you as much because you've already watched it RAW and you know know what's gonna happen........

but NOPE! STILL ugly crying and sniffling.

I'm done for the day. Gonna lay in bed all day and contemplate the unfairness of life.

• Like 14

oh my God I just finished watching ep 13 raw. Every week the episodes get better. This kids, they make me cry last week DK today ET. I not watching the special ep tomorrow I will wait until I have watched  episode16. I want to keep the mood from ep 13. Now going back to watch it with sub.

• Like 6

Hello all :)
My pleasure to read all of your ideas, theory, joke and all in this thread.. From the very first episode just maintain to read all this thread instead posting..(campus life too hectic indeed) I feel sorry for doing that :mellow: and can't join all the party have been thrown :wub:

Finally what another u-turn of their story.. Poor my heart for crying whole today episode.. How can all actors/actress throw me up to this cry baby river :bawling: Such a pleasure watching this drama with it flow, bring by kudos writer Kim Eun Sook and living up the character by GY, KGE, LDW, YIN and other support role..

All Goblin staffs, hope you going to get credit (by God) for your work, time, energy for making this drama, cuz all of you bring out joy of watching such a-high-mount-everest-level-quality.. So G double O D J O B :bawling::heart:

--> sidenote, pardon my english :wub:

• Like 7

17 hours ago, 122am said:

@acupoftea97 Though KS always goes to her rescue and shows through his actions that he loves her very much, he never explicitly says it. Everytime she asks him about it, he will always deny his emotions. 

The most recent 'professed love confession' is when she asked him about his love in Baskin Robbins and he said, 'It's in there somewhere, if you look hard enough'. The reason, I think, is because he knows they may not be together forever. So he wants her not to be too attached to him. At the same time, he wishes he will not be too attached to her. Though by ep 10-12, especially after she went missing in ski resort, they both know in their hearts that they cannot live without each other. 

It does not stop ET from wishing that he will openly tell her that he loves her. This desire also comes from her shitty life, where no one other than her mother told her dearly that she is loved and she is important in their lives. 

This is also why the audience is rooting for her and clinging on to the drama every episode, waiting for the day KS will tell her clearly that he loves her and at the same time, she also declares that she loves him. 

The writer knows this, so she will not write it in yet so that there are high ratings. HAHAHA. Or at least that is what I will do if I'm the writer. 

I'm also on high-alert about this part of the plot, so, ^5 @acupoftea97 and let's rejoice together when they do tell each other with 100% clarity that they love each other. I'm also waiting for steaming kiss scene or bed scene, though I'm a little shy to admit it :wub:

thanks @122am for explaining!!! I think we got that from today's ep although IT WAS SO SADDDDD !!!! :(:(:( 

let's hope we have a happy ending for KS + ET and ofc also GR + Sunny !!! <3 <3 <3 HEAVENS BLESS US ALL TO SURVIVE TILL NEXT WEEK !!!!!

• Like 5

@dhia205 Yes! I keep forgetting the power of humans! That poop scene at GR's "work" place!
 And how God shows a way but people can still alter that path. The power of human's will in "destin." In Sartre's philosophy, "destin" and "liberté" are put together in existentialism. Humans, through their free will, are the most powerful force.

Yes, yes, "destin" and "liberté" are often opposed. And we certainly aren't dealing with existentialism here...

Then, I say the butterfly effect comes into play. With the butterfly effect, destiny is changed. People already mentioned the butterfly effect here, @bebebisous33 and someone else whom I cannot remember right now (sorry about that!!!). I think many of ET's actions will have that effect! As well as some of her supporters (Chariman Yoo, GR too I believe!).

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think its possible ET can still remember her goblin. Since the necklace is still with her in the future, i see no reason why photos wont. As long as the canon camera is safe and sound, there's no way euntak can forget goblin. She took lots of pictures. Unless someone wipes her memory, then smashes her camera and also her smartphone. And then proceed wiping everything euntak has posted on social media. Also, need to wipe deokhwa's memory of euntak, since he's a blabbermouth. Heh. 

Hoping for a happy ending that completes the story and satisfies us all who have spent vast amount of our precious time watching the superlong episodes, after that watching favourite parts on repeat, sharing or reading various theories here, watching bts, researching the actors involved, promoting the series to others, and the list goes on..

Can't wait for next week. I need to watch the ending. Oh the agony of watching live drama and you have no patience :sweatingbullets:

Lol! To have Eun Tak completely forget Kim Shin would be hella alot of hard work. GR might have to work overtime for that. Not to mention the huge gap in her life it would like someone here mentioned. They'd probabaly have to either cook up a good story or forge fake memories to fill up the holes. But man that would seriously take alot of planning in order to make it believable. :/

• Like 8

I had approximately 4 hours of sleep. I wouldn't consider it sleep though. My mind was always on Goblin drama. I even DREAMED about Kim Shin!!!!! Like multiple dreams!! One after another! Who else did this?

I honestly was skipping little by little during KS death scene... but you BETTER BELIEVE I cried another round!!!

*Spoiler talk. Don't look if you haven't seen. 

Spoiler

Yes, I've seen all the spoiler pics/videos. Yes, I know KS is coming back and ET and him and everyone else will re-unite, but its damn hard trying to focus on that when i was literally just SHOOK in my place after todays episode. I am not re-watching this episode EVER.

I will remember this day forever. 

FRIDAY

1/13/17

The day my body turned into ashes and didn't leave with Kim Shin.

edit: eating left over cold pizza right now. pizza always good after what felt like a break up but 10x worse.

• Like 18