[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Thanks to all of you who gave lots of goodies tonight. I tried to backread as much as I could but still manage to miss a lot of pages
This episode is complete, mixed feelings in it. After I began to cry because GR-Sunny and I laughed at ET- KS. unpredictable plot. But I'm still confused on many points, I have to watch it many times
1. In fact, did sunny lost her memory about WY or not? (I would use WY to describe GR in the past)
2. When DH playing Go with GR, I think he's an Almighty who deliberately -once again- give GR clue to the temple. KS attended the temple every year
3. I'm still a bit confused about this. so, in the past, Sunny didn't die when She was shot by an arrow? why there is a dialogue between Sunny and WY when they become adults?
4. So actually eunuchs immortal too? Like Goblin?
5. Then, when GR kissed Sunny, he asked if there was he in her past life when his hand was still touching her face. So GR can only read someone's past life while his hands were touching only 'hand'?

• Like 8

I'm bawling my eyes out from time to time  (still manage to laugh in middle of all that because the plot just mix all that sad and then cute and then funny and then sad again) start from KS n DH grievance of yoo sajangnim death till the end of episode, which is almost an hour I think..I'm feeling dizzy now, I think I'm dehydrated from crying hahahaha.. The sub tonight is faster than ever.

Now the secrets are out in the air.. there's too much emotions in my mind right now..can't really write anything..

one of many things that I sincerely worry is.. I don't want the bromance of KS and WY to end, nooooo.... Ahrggggg... But the right thing to do is really being honest about all, to end their misery in the past and move on to build a new happy life.. But it's just too sad... My WangSun couple is super sad..:tears: My heart's breaking along them.. Nooo Wang Yeo, it's not only Sunny who deserve the happy ending.. but you too.. Kim Shin with Eun Tak too... T.T 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

- et cant no longer see ghost... does it mean she no longer the gobin bride

That's an interesting question. I have been thinking that since KS and ET know each other, and spend time together, her purpose and status is changing. It has been alluded to recently as well when her friend ghost (the friend of her mother) mentionned that her mark was disappearing. The God of Birth did say that ET's purpose was to take teh sword out. If she is not doing it, could it be that she is loosing her powers? Perhaps she won't be able to pull it out anymore, will not be the bride anymore...

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

One more thing that I noticed, Sunny keeps touching her chest. I first thought she meant it as a heartache over the painful memories but I think it hurts really where she was shot with the arrow. I also think, next episode, Sunny and Eun Tak will run to put an end to GR and GB's fight.

Me too I think Sunny will call Eun Tak and tell her what happend and Eun Tak will summon Kim Shin, if he does not stop him self. The look on GR is of regret

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I also think, next episode, Sunny and Eun Tak will run to put an end to GR and GB's fight.

I really hope so! I hope KS can forgive him what he did to her sister in the past. It'll be hard , but I really want to see their bromance again!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

OMG thanks for the DMs chagiyas..... one more thing.. can some pretty chagiya DM onnie the spoiler pic in Quebec? I can't sleep before seeing it... GOMAWO in advance xoxo onnie.....

me too please...I wanna sleep but couldn't before I see the spoiler

cc  @itzibitzispider because I think you're still up :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

That's an interesting question. I have been thinking that since KS and ET know each other, and spend time together, her purpose and status is changing. It has been alluded to recently as well when her friend ghost (the friend of her mother) mentionned that her mark was disappearing. The God of Birth did say that ET's purpose was to take teh sword out. If she is not doing it, could it be that she is loosing her powers? Perhaps she won't be able to pull it out anymore, will not be the bride anymore...

It got me very nervous actually, if ET is no longer the bride then she wouldn't be able to summon Shin if she ever needs him. That is not a good news considering the evil eunuch might harm ET as a revenge to Shin. Maybe their love now is not only fated by the curse but it becomes the pure love between two people. ET might not be Shin's bride anymore, but she will remain as the only woman he ever loves romantically.

Too many puzzling questions after this episode, my brain hurts, my eyes got puffy from all those sobs.

I want answers but I don't think I'm ready for this drama to end. 

• Like 7

Just finished watching ep 12. Dude, I swear this episode is depressing. There's a lot of things that happened, but I just hope Kim Shin wouldn't be blinded by his rage and vengeance just like how Wang Yeo was blinded by his jealousy and insecurities because that led him in doing grievous sins. Yeo lost himself but losing his Queen was way more painful. I hope they can work this out. 

"Warrior Kim Shin greets you, Your Majesty" WHEN GONG YOO SAID THIS LINE I GOT CHILLS! 

EP 13 PREVIEW IS KILLING ME, WOOKIE'S EYES IS KILLING ME. HOW CAN I WAIT FOR ANOTHER WEEK?????!!!!! 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

OMG thanks for the DMs chagiyas..... one more thing.. can some pretty chagiya DM onnie the spoiler pic in Quebec? I can't sleep before seeing it... GOMAWO in advance xoxo onnie.....

me too please I want the spoiler it is so early where I live I have like 4 or 5 hours before I go to bed

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ayaind said:

Thanks to all of you who gave lots of goodies tonight. I tried to backread as much as I could but still manage to miss a lot of pages
This episode is complete, mixed feelings in it. After I began to cry because GR-Sunny and I laughed at ET- KS. unpredictable plot. But I'm still confused on many points, I have to watch it many times
1. In fact, did sunny lost her memory about WY or not? (I would use WY to describe GR in the past)
2. When DH playing Go with GR, I think he's an Almighty who deliberately -once again- give GR clue to the temple. KS attended the temple every year
3. I'm still a bit confused about this. so, in the past, Sunny didn't die when She was shot by an arrow? why there is a dialogue between Sunny and WY when they become adults?
4. So actually eunuchs immortal too? Like Goblin?
5. Then, when GR kissed Sunny, he asked if there was he in her past life when his hand was still touching her face. So GR can only read someone's past life while his hands were touching only 'hand'?

1. GR told her to keep only the happy memories (past and present) before telling her to forget him. GR (and WY, she's in love with the king after all) most definitely is one of her happy moments. So his command kinda backfired lol.

2. It's probable.

3. She died. Notice the dialog. DH and YI was shown portraying the scene probably for more clarity.

4. He's a ghost, not immortal as he's already dead. Definitely a corrupted one. Maybe because he's too evil. 

5. Probable.

• Like 11

Just finished watching Ep 12.  This drama is still running on all cylinders!.  Congrats to the whole team - this drama is setting a new standard!  Writing, acting, production quality etc.  I hope we get more of this level of quality shows in the future. 

@carolinedl you are right, maybe she is losing her purpose as the "bride of goblin and drawer of the sword" however, Goblin keeps saying that there must be another door or window to circumvent their tragic destiny.  Perhaps it's part of a "new" purpose being created for the Goblin and his Bride.  Remember, we all assumed that to be his Bride and to see and pull out the sword, they had to be "in love."  I think "love" and "sacrifice" has a lot more to do with how they will get around their previous destiny.  I think that the curse and judgement meted out by the DW "Deity" did not factor in love of the Goblin by his bride and it's overall effect on their decision to stay together and potentially sacrifice their life.  He to another stretch of pain and immortality and she, death.  Should be interesting to see how things proceed

• Like 10

I am completely worn out. :bawling: How utterly utterly heartbreaking. I have just watched Episode 12 with subs. I am saddened by what I have just seen. The passing of Chairman Yu, Eun Tak consoling our Goblin, our Sunny and Grim Reaper who are consumed by heartrending grief, our Grim Reaper's sincere sadness and anguish over his past that would have made him enemies of the very people whom he cares about. :bawling:

Lee Dong Wook's roles as the Grim Reaper and Wang Yeo have surely defined his career.  Pain, suffering, deep melancholy are just etched into his face and eyes. I admire him so much now. 

I don't want our happy trio to break up. Kim Shin, Reaper and Eun Tak. :bawling:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-08%20at%202.40.2

• Like 17