[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Um, for the different sword thing that you guys recognized that the moment she can pull the sword, the sword is in 'bleeding mode' not like at buckwheat garden (first attempt). I think it connects to a condition that she must does that because she wants to make Goblin not hurt anymore (not because to make Goblin 'pretty' and that is what love means, right? It is not about your looks). Remember about that she kept sayin' that Goblin doesn't want her as a bride because she thinks she is ugly and it's really shallow definition of love from her. Goblin will teach her as someone who lives for nearly a thousand year that love is... One of the definitions is sacrifice I think  :bawling:

• Like 12

Goblin is halfway through its run coz we are past 8th episode ; and i am still very hopeful that KES would not disappoint me and give these four lovebirds the happy ending that they truly deserve...with this thought, i shall continue to search Lee Seung Joo drama version of "Beautiful Life" OST. :wub:

• Like 7

Forgive the write-os 

I used to be a storyteller and I could never tell Asian stories because I could never find the "center" the core cultural belief that the story was built on and was meant to reinforce.

I write that as a way of noting that I am notoriously bad at getting the "It" in kdrama sometimes, because my western perspective skews my ability  to interpret  what I am seeing.

However

In many cultures god are tricksters. They may speak the truth but it is often disguised under obfuscation and misdirection.

1. When granny god tells goblin that she was happy when she made ET, I am convinced the reason for her happiness is because ET would he the answer to goblin's release.

1a. If ET gave granny god such joy  just by being shouldn't she had taken better care of ET rather than to put her life in peril even before she was born. ET's life was put in peril to force Goblin to claim her. By claiming her goblin created the key to unlock his prison. This was all orchestrated by granny god. Therefore whatever ending we get will be joyfully because the culprits have spent almost a thousand doing penance for the wrong they committed. Well Goblin has, Grim Weeper might have done so had he known what he needed to repent.

1b. Granny god is orchestrating events so that the ancient trio of souls can be in proximity. The ring and ET's job with Sunny.

2. It now seems that Kim Shin committed (or believes he committed) an offense against the King. Although I am not sure of the significance of the lantern lighting Kim Shim seems to be treating the king as he is treating his sister. Therefore he seems to think he has wrong them both.  

I expect unadulterated Joy in the end. We are seeing the end of the supernatural duo's punishment. It would be warped to end by punishing the audience.

Edit: Also remember characters lie, to each other and to themselves.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, NRGchick said:

I take back my words about Deok Hwa. 

I was not happy with him in the first 2 episodes since I thought he was too frivolous BUT I can clearly see that he is maturing and getting into the mood of the most mature male in that house. Especially when he took charge of clearing up the massive pile up caused by him Samchoon Dokkaebi. 

My burning question now:

Looking at Deok Hwa as he read the words, does he know is going to happen?

What he read in the journal was NOT what Dokkaebi wrote about ending his life? But what he wrote and Deok Hwa read was the final confession since it began with 'After a 100 years, on a good enough day....'

No, it is about what KS wrote about ending his life. DH is not reading out the words as per written on the journal. I recognised the word "聽" (to hear) which ET scribbled on KS hand. 

I think DH understands those words written on the journal but isn't telling ET the truth. 

• Like 9

There are some missing parts in every episode which  are not being answered yet.. like for example eun tak wrote some letter in canada and put it in the mail box in Shin's hotel? But we still don't know whom it was meant for and whether Shin received it or not. Also, DH's manager, seems like he knew Shin in past, as Shin was working in one of his shop, [ a woman says why he is speaking in banmal to her]..so may be his memory has been erased too? 

Missing puzzles no 3 : Sunny is always shown in blue backgrounds. Her hotel is partly blue, and whenever she's walking in streets, some of the elements in the screen would be blue, either lights or props. Blue also represents cold, aloof characters probably.. but this is pure speculation of course.

• Like 11

for that HD released of Mr. G, my save image as in mode on ASAP. Hahaha whoa KGE is so beautiful, wow, so the role she played actually her true portrait (in looks)!!!

I'm now reading about the puzzle pieces thank you guys you are amazing analyzer! Next Fri&Sat feels so faaar ugh.

I wonder if BC released Goblin animated version stickers on LINE it would be a big hit tho, they are too cute X)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mashi said:

No, it is about what KS wrote about ending his life. DH is not reading out the words as per written on the journal. I recognised the word "聽" (to hear) which ET scribbled on KS hand. 

I think DH understands those words written on the journal but isn't telling ET the truth. 

Thanks! I can't read Chinese characters so I depended on the English subs. It looks like he (Deok Hwa) has realised something and if he read about his uncle ending his life then it does seem to be in line with the look on his face when he saw his Dokkaebi uncle with the lantern. 

56 minutes ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

I wonder what prompted him to start talking about 'sad love' and all that though.

Me too! How coincidental that he read out exactly what Dokkaebi would say at the end of the episode. I thought the last character (to hear) was linked to his plea to the heavens that they hear his request for the 100 years. 

• Like 11

Daum Cafe: [Goblin] The reason it took the Goblin's grim reaper 300 years to buy a house
Views: 878,004

- Dang his house slippers are Birks ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- He carries the clothes so well

- Seriously any clothes that Lee Dongwook wears looks nice.  I want all of his clothes though I love the style

- The clothes are actually not that expensive, it's actually more plain than what "poor" female leads in other dramas wear ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- Lee Dongwook is so cool but the stylist is too.  The clothes he wears are all pretty

- I've seen Lee Dongwook in real life.
He looks way past 180 cm and his face size might just be as small as a kid's
I'm only 150 cm... his visual and proportions are too good...

- Stylist-nim we love you

- I actually thought they'd be more expensive.  He pulls them off well

- I think I can buy some of these if I save up my pay...! Yes!

- He gets more handsome the more I see him

- Lee Dongwook looks better than the models wearing it

- I wonder where he got the hat

crd: http://inkigeul.blogspot.ro/2016/12/the-reason-it-took-goblins-grim-reaper.html

IMG_20161220_040144.jpg

IMG_20161220_040128.jpg

IMG_20161220_040124.jpg

IMG_20161220_040148.jpg

IMG_20161220_040136.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_20161220_040152.jpg

IMG_20161220_040133.jpg

• Like 16

I wonder what role will DH & the secretary play in the end. The secretary is a mystery and definitely is an instrument in this drama as they showed him several times. Will DH be the inutriment to tie all 4 parties? 

I have the suspicion that the sword only appears and hurts KS badly whenever he feels happy/love. The 1st time is after he happily returned from meeting ET at the beginning (the start of him falling in love with ET) and in ep 7 when he hugged ET with full of love & happiness. I might be wrong in my speculation. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

There are some missing parts in every episode which  are not being answered yet.. like for example eun tak wrote some letter in canada and put it in the mail box in Shin's hotel? But we still don't know whom it was meant for and whether Shin received it or not. Also, DH's manager, seems like he knew Shin in past, as Shin was working in one of his shop, [ a woman says why he is speaking in banmal to her]..so may be his memory has been erased too? 

Missing puzzles no 3 : Sunny is always shown in blue backgrounds. Her hotel is partly blue, and whenever she's walking in streets, some of the elements in the screen would be blue, either lights or props. Blue also represents cold, aloof characters probably.. but this is pure speculation of course.

Yeaahh,,, i also questioned that mysterious letter :blink: what is the content and to whom it's addressed?

Maybe it is related to ET's future when she is back to Quebec with that mysterious  CEO?

We still have a long way to goooo to complete these puzzles *sigh 

But why there is no preview for the 9th episode? 

• Like 8