[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

Poor My grim reaper ,you are suffering alone ,no one aware of your pain . your heart aches and you don't even know why ? you don't have sunny beside , she know nothing yet ,she isn't allowed to pat or even touch you .:anguished:our grim reaper is so pathetic :anguished::anguished:

in last night episode,he reminded me of Cha Jae Wan :frown: pitiful 

• Like 5

Watched Ep 8 again. 

I like how Eun Tak knows the truth and she now has a choice.

And Samshin halmoni has revealed what will happen if Dokkaebi wants to live (although I suspect a loophole somewhere) 

I always thought that self sacrifice for others was something valued by the above and situations change when that occurs. 

I love Gong Yoo's voiceovers even though this part was freaking sad. 

7aw1sW.gif

To find your first love, only to have to let it go. 

Another aspect here will be free will. What decisions will both Eun Tak and Dokkaebi make? 

It's another 8 episodes of unpredictability. 

I hope that there is not a prolonged separation. If Eun Tak were to 'disappear' to avoid pulling the sword, Dokkaebi will not be able to find her unless she blows out a flame. SIGH.

• Like 19

5 hours ago, staygold said:

Same here!! All the jokes aside (which I thoroughly enjoy!!). This is the sort of PPL brands crave for! Those scenes depict life changing events! There is such a positive note now to subway!! Next time I am low I am going to get myself a sub instead of an ice cream tub!! 

Note: They didnt use subway in the 60's scene where KS meets the young boy!!

but it was a sanwich... foreplay to set logic for subway ads..

eithr way nt complaing .. i love subs

• Like 3

i'm a huge fan of immortal story... when KS acting childish sulking depressed immature while laughing i though what kind of immortal being act like that... he is 900 year old for good sake where is the old man wisdom... wkwkwkwkwkwkwkkwkw... 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

Dead tired here ... 1:25am ... still had to flip thru the pages and watch the last episode subbed 
The dialog makes a huge difference in places ... still

I thought the sword was a reward ... but it is more like "Fight thru all Korea to the most remote corner and DIE, send me your *death notification* and I will send you my condolence" 

He was not allowed to come back to the capital, never to see his sister and family again, still he ignored the order and stepped up again ... going against the kings order IS treason in some extend and he did not heed the warnings and walked up to the king

The king fell in love with his queen long before (she was properly trained to keep posture and he had a peek before the wedding. He did love her and her "stepping up and standing behind her brother", probably broke his heart. Still he loved her and even years later after her death he kept and painted pictures of her (as we see loads of them) ... that might as well be the "heartbroken feeling" our GR is talking about, when he tells KS how he felt seeing the painting.

His jealousy was not only because the people loved General Kim Shin, but also because he was number one in his young wives (and probably first loves) heart. Sorry but for most families the "blood is thinker than water" is working deep roots and even if you love your husband, if it is a decision "Husband or brother" 8 out of 10 times the brother wins.

I'm dead meat ... will go and richard simmons up ;)

You
never walk alone

d thing is we hv seen enuf of old era dat sis hv affair wid bro

so maybe jealoysy was based in dat..

• Like 3

On 2016-12-23 at 4:39 PM, jellybellymonster said:

@itzibitzispider DramaFever has the subs out? I've been refreshing it and still no episode 7! Not fair! 

I've resorted to watching some parts of the ep at the usual sites because waiting for DF subs is not good for my patience. 

1ghyrt.jpg

Are we going to get an ep tomorrow? It's Christmas eve but I'd want my hour or so of Goblin! 

LMAO I feel ya

Can I just cry????? I hate how the Goddesss/God Figure lady/Symbol of life whatever she is called is telling Kim Shin to die .... -_-

And no preview?? I am gonna die.  I love how Wang Yeo (lol you guys should know who he is by now) told Eun Tav the truth 

• Like 7

Somehow I feel that the Gods did not factor in that they would fall in love with one another. 

Going back to the conversation between Grim and his reaper colleague when they talked about another colleague who ran off with someone who had the soul of his dead wife (presumably past life) . Is love strong enough to survive death and reincarnation? And if there is an ultimate plan, why is it that some (reapers) would regain their memories whilst others couldn't? 

• Like 14

Happy Holidays chingus and Good Morning. I will watch ep 08 later after office hours  . But for ep 7

-i cant help but laugh when ET's 1st love asks the Grim Reaper if he is ET's father. Lol.

-that theatre scene.. Goblin was soo funny.

-I shed a tear when they gave Euntak a cake. Her acting is <3

-Sunny looking so adorable in that "my face is my business card" :)

-that opening of the scroll and reapers reaction.

-that daebak ending sequence that resembles a superman movie..

Just Awesome<3

• Like 6

3 hours ago, joyezz said:

after that WY was trying to say oppa when he looked at the mirror 

oppa not hyung LOL

@joyezz  Yeah! To be precise, The Reaper tried to call The Goblin "Orabeoni". I think he tried to fit the form of address with his ' new image' as a Goryeo girl.

Oppa would be too modern for 'her', so he had to revert to Orabeoni. XD

Edited by selenette
  • Like 12

The Lonely Shining Goblin: Episode 8

goblin8-00278a.jpg

Aha, time for answers to some major questions, some of which we’ve suspected all along and others that are fresher, as well as the opening up of brand-new questions. It’s an interesting conundrum to witness love deepening in a world where love may not, in fact, conquer all (or even very much at all). And yet, everybody has the right to want love for themselves and protect it, whether human or god. If only there weren’t a god hierarchy that put the meanest ones at the top.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

goblin8-00031.jpg

Shin flings Eun-tak away before she can pull out the sword, then catches her before she rams into a truck. He’s hit by the realization that he’s hesitating to end his immortal life because of Eun-tak, a weighty moment set against a comically inappropriate fireball as traffic turns into wreckage behind them.

Eun-tak is badly shaken by the experience, and goes limp in his arms. Shin takes her back to the house, and it isn’t till she’s back in her bed that she comes back to herself and asks if he’s okay. He says that’s a question that ought to be reversed, but she shrugs it off and says he didn’t know either how much it would hurt, thinking he threw her aside because the act of pulling out the sword was so excruciating.

goblin8-00042.jpg

Read full article here>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/the-lonely-shining-goblin-episode-8/

• Like 6

Before I watched the sub, I told myself that I wouldn’t need tissue as I already know the recap from this thread so I had anticipated for any sad scenes. I was wrong!! The first scene alone enough made me cried a lot. ET’s unawareness of her role as a Goblin Bride is killing me and breaking my heart. And I replayed the last 15minutes or so scene even though I know it’s the saddest part in ep 8. Now after ET knows what will happen if she removes the sword, we won’t see cheerful ET more often in upcoming episodes?

So the Red Lady is a Deity (if the sub is correctly translated). But, how many Deities are there? This episode also confirmed that GR-KWB is Wang Yeo, The King and Sunny/Kim Sun is KS’s little sister.

Half through the series and its story is just getting more and more complicated, and I have no idea how WY-SN’s love story will end.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Somehow I feel that the Gods did not factor in that they would fall in love with one another. 

Going back to the conversation between Grim and his reaper colleague when they talked about another colleague who ran off with someone who had the soul of his dead wife (presumably past life) . Is love strong enough to survive death and reincarnation? And if there is an ultimate plan, why is it that some (reapers) would regain their memories whilst others couldn't? 

I think their falling in love was planned as the sword is both KS ' reward and punishment  which is the ultimate catch 22 dilemma .... you're doomed if you do and likewise if you don't ... you will be rewarded with finding your  true love  but your suffering will only be ended by dying in her hands ... with an additional thumping final blow of a twist that your true love will die if she doesn't do what she was prophesied to do ....placing both protagonists in a catch 22 situation ... not only one of them can make a decision ..they have to both make a decision .... with such decision likely being counter to the other ....this is how classical mythological gods like to play  .... Kim Eun Sook must be one such god in her past life ... very clever indeed .... deliciously satisfying conflict she created ... I can only hope the resolution is brilliant and not a cop out in the end .... so far so good ...fingers crossed .... Merry Christmas to all !!!

• Like 12

Merry Xmas for chingudeul who celebrate.

I thought this thread going to be in silent mode, but I'm wrong.

Finally finished watching ep8 after suffering my laptop for almost 8 hours to download the torrent (yep! Thanks to my snail speed internet connection). Got subbed with viu ver translation. Made me realized that actually we have somekind of HOPE for a happy ending.

I'm not a Christian but we're also learned about (I'm not sure about the English words since I'm not an English spoken person) the Merciful God on Abraham and Isaac. I copied and pasted the next sentences from this page

One day God told Abraham to take his son Isaac, and to journey into the land of Mount Moriah. There he was to build an altar and offer Isaac as a sacrifice. It was a strange command, but Abraham knew that God would not bid him do what was wrong, and believed that even if he slew his son, God was able to raise him to life again.

We're all know how 'positive' EunTak's heart and soul. She never blamed her suffering to others. She's always believe there will be something good behind everything. No matter how bad it looks or it feels.

In the scene when EunTak finally knew what will happen if she removed the sword, she said this (based on Viu translation)

So, if I removed the sword he will die

So, if I removed the sword he will disappear

From this world? For good?

EunTak  added "For Good?" in the end. If she believes, everything happen for a reason. Then I think she will do the best thing. Because she loves him that much. I remember back than when little EunTak  found her Mom already died and she's speaking with her. She's sad but she let her go and didn't gave her burden, so she could go peacefully. I thought it might happen the same to her love to KimShin. And I pray for the twist, let the Merciful God give a happiness for this couple, blessed them in a beautiful way that only writernim know how to make it happen.

• Like 18