[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

- The example of getting lost due to the GPS is a good example of a certain blindness. So Ah refused to use her own eyes to go back to Seoul. She preferred relying on the dysfunctioning GPS than her own eyes and knowledge.

- The way Ha Baek tries to use his powers as God. Notice that when he tried to transform the stones into gold or to activate the fountain, he closed his eyes each time. I know, this sounds weird, but I do believe that closing his eyes is one of the reasons why he has no power. He is definitely blind in the human world. This thought came to my mind, when I noticed the scene, where Ha Baek was watching So Ah driving in the countryside. The camera was zooming on all the different buttons in the car and this was supposed to represent Ha Baek's vision. So in order to learn driving, he had to look at everything in the car. That's why he was able to drive the car later or even use a skateboard in the second episode, just by looking at it. 

As always, you're clearly explained every subtle gestures sign in words perfectly. I did feel the same but can't put it in words. Both now in the same path of "learning their surrounding" with their eyes open. As I learned, eyes are the windows of our soul. All this time both never tried to look outside their windows. That's made them "self centered". While HaBaek always put himself as the center of the universe, SoAh always saw herself as the miserable person who's always tangled with "psychotic" people (and animals).

I think this drama is about the "discoveries" of themselves. And later the discovery of love ^_^

@triplem about Guns n Roses BGM, they didn't actually use the exact notes, they're just using the main cord, but if you're listening it with your eyes closed (so your ears won't fooled by your visions :D), it sounds like 'Knockin in heaven doors' song. It's approximately on 29:40 min. Started when SoAh walked back home after she's back from Police station.

And @amisyka77, thank you for your explanation, made me understand more the concept of this drama. This drama wrote by Misaeng drama writernim. I believe it will be a good one. And I'm waiting for Kang HaNeul cameo appearance. If only Im SiWan not yet enlisted to military, I think he will he one of the cameo too.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also waiting for Kang Ha Neul appearance. Wonder if he will be friend or foe, fellow God, bad guy who spoils it all... So many possibilities! 

Im Ju Hwan's totally cool in this show too, I can't wait but hope he falls for So Ah soon. I want to see some competition. And I feel so tickled whenever Habaek nim pronounces the word "money" in an extended tone. Like purposely put emphasis on the word money.

opening the thread an seeing again @triplem gif of SA HB hugging again with HB in a towel only reminded me that when the drama was just announced a lot of fans said that the manwha was full of skinship. i think the writer still wants to keep the skinship but does it that it will work with SA & HB different? characters here.

bc we do get a lot of skinship here compared with others dramas,no?

16 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hahaha. We already had a naked god, a first kiss, a hug all in the 1st two eps. I give it 10 out of 10 for skinship. At this rate i won't be focussing on the storyline :D

You've overlooked two things too:

- There were two hugs: one in the car and one next to the Han river.

- Then HB took her hand in a very gentle and protective way. 

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hahaha. We already had a naked god, a first kiss, a hug all in the 1st two eps. I give it 10 out of 10 for skinship. At this rate i won't be focussing on the storyline 

keeping NJH top half naked all the time is definitely fine by me.

btw how much are SA & HB characters different than the manwha? they are also a bit on the narcissistic side? 

@bebebisous33 indeed almost every skinshio that was ever in drama land we had

they shared a, well, compartment aka trunk. as in a cramped hiding place.

he already lined her face with his hand. the chin handling. grabbing her gently and grabbing her roughly 

New and Coming Soon to DramaFever

by Amy_D (drama fever)

cb7769b6-db3a-4001-ac08-43ebfab4176f.jpg

NEW

1.  Bride of the Water God

Starring Nam Joo Hyuk and Shin Se Kyung

Habaek (Nam Joo Hyuk) is a water god. Don’t let the legends fool you, though. Gone are the days of gods being old men in robes. Habaek is a chic youth with impeccable fashion and flawless hair. He is also narcissistic and wants his heavenly throne at all costs. Habaek comes to Earth to find a magical stone that will grant him the power he wants. And he expects his destined bride and servant to help him. Just one problem, though: His bride does not believe he even exists. So Ah (Shin Se Kyung) is a psychiatrist. She has her own practice, but she is also buried in debt. Her family is allegedly cursed to serve the gods forever. However, So Ah is a realist with no time for superstition. So when the doctor meets a man who claims to be the legendary water god and who expects her to serve him as his bride, her diagnosis is that he is simply delusional.

to read more:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/new-and-coming-soon-to-dramafever-july-10-16/

9 Nam Joo Hyuk quotes in The Bride of the Water God that gave us life

by Shelly M (drama fever)

9c3fb054-ff49-43fd-aebb-630eed821342.PNG

The Bride of the Water God got off to a great start this week! Stars Nam Joo Hyuk, Shin Se Kyung and Im Ju Hwan introduced us to their characters, and they did an amazing job piquing our interest for future episodes. We were even schooled in K-drama gods 101. The world according to Nam's character Habaek is quite different from ours. Habaek's logic made an impression, whether you laughed out loud or froze in utter shock.

Let's revisit some of Habaek's best quotes from the first two episodes. 

Spoiler

1. When an immortal steals your belongings, it's never a crime! It's an honor.

39a03c31-a727-4385-af24-b9d217933f37.PNG

2. Habaek is teaching us that confidence is key. When you want to achieve something, just remember who you are.

1c68d374-4943-43ba-8d96-6e7be00cd733.PNG

3. What does a god do when someone doesn't give him their name and address? They have a fit!

57efa9ef-3f99-45d1-81c2-287b0bae2451.PNG

9f948a6a-634c-4b34-b4da-049d1a011fa2.PNG

4. Habaek is the master of persuasion. Deities convince you that their kisses are the best thing ever! 

a8e0cb0f-e02e-4f4d-90af-78cd0324e8c6.PNG

5. According to Habaek, no one ever runs away from gods. 

c3874219-bbe9-4423-8faa-b579543e942f.PNG

6. DMVs would love K-drama gods! Even if they're beginners, they are anxious to drive and instantly become driving pros.

85bc82ef-3bf6-4ef8-93d0-4c6cae7802e0.PNG

7. If you are a deity, you automatically earn the right to be judgmental about new planets. However, we can't help but be taken aback by Habaek's observation of earth.

19e493e3-a3e3-4530-847a-4ae4c9ebb0bc.PNG

8. When it has only been months since the last U.S. President left office, and a divinity can't even remember! It's 100% clear that Habaek has lost his powers.

eb0bd664-ab5a-4bdd-a448-5bffd8a2c299.PNG

9. Saving a human life from drowning is nothing to Habaek if his food suffered in the process. What was his initial response to his future bride after she dropped his chicken leg on the ground? This.

ed91de13-c9af-4646-ba9f-e03971589b99.PNG

Which hilarious Habaek quote was your favorite?

cr:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/nam-joo-hyuk-quotes-in-the-bride-of-the-water-god-that-gave-us-life/

When i see this clip, I noticed something.

That patient, Ma Bong Yeol kept talking about saving the world and wanting to reach the sky where he said his father is. 

Earlier, when they first met at the train platform, the patient can see the ripple around Habaek and he somehow knew Habaek is a god. He's the first human that interacts and  acknowledges Habaek as god when SoAh herself never believed that.

Could it be that Ma Bong Yeol is a semi-god or a descendent of one  whose father had returned to the gods' world? He may not be a mental patient but just like Habaek who was mistaken as delusional by SoAh (and other human considering his words and actions). Could it be that whatever he said actually signify something? He could be not just a random character after all.

10 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

Could it be that Ma Bong Yeol is a semi-god or a descendent of one  whose father had returned to the gods' world? He may not be a mental patient but just like Habaek who was mistaken as delusional by SoAh (and other human considering his words and actions). Could it be that whatever he said actually signify something? He could be not just a random character after all.

it was explain here bf, that the TF... is probably the fallen god that also kissed HB. and he probably kissed this guy and enabled him to realize who HB really is.it is probably also why he didnt let SA to give him mouth to mouth since he is saving his lips for TF.

what??????? didnt they finish filming India parts ages ago? but they were here for the press con and bf that they were in indiaa. i remember reading somewhere that NJH Krystal and GM were spotted at the airport and also they released IG from there a long time ago.

actually i have to admit that i have some concerns in regard to the filming schedule, allegedly they were supposed to finish already, no?

i mean began in march if i remember correctly, i dont really understand, but maybe its part of the mystery of the layout of the drama that they dont share how close they are to finish filming.

btw

does Krystal has an acronym or nickname which is easier than typing the whole name?

Actress Jeon So Min to make a cameo in 'Bride of the Water God'

By harmony4377 (all kpop)
misc_1499472923_0002828446_001_20170708083402843.jpg
Actress Jeon So Min will be making a special appearance in an upcoming episode of 'Bride of the Water God'!

The actress will portray the role of a patient who becomes a client at So Ah's (Shin Se Kyung) psychologist office. Upon casting Jeon So Min, the producer stated, "I am very grateful that Jeon So Min accepted a role for this drama. I have been keeping an eye on her acting through various works she's done. Many viewers can expect to see a very impactful scene for the upcoming episode."

to read more:

Archived