[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

I watched the sub.

Andwaeeeeee!!! My heart is breaking during the kiss scene!! It's totally different from watching raw last night when you know nothing about what they're talking about. Now, we know Habaek kissed her because he finally gave in to his feeling and her hurtful heart wrenching confession and with full knowledge that they should stop ' being each other's happiness' and stop 'thinking the wings they had were the wings that can fly' and the fact that ' he is leaving/he has to leave'.

*sobs*

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

My Water God chingus..are we all still alive from that kiss?? :lol:

I just finished the episode but cannot put full detailed insight on it yet until later when I am home. However, I do realize that it is the Gods, particularly BR, that keeps provoking HY. He taunts him, mentioning the fact that he is a 'halfling'. Whenever the topic of his blood comes up, HY goes into a frenzy. MR and HB knows not to provoke him because he isn't doing anything harmful. But BR keeps dabbing him, pushing him to a corner. HY keeps mentioning that he has nothing and wants nothing to do with the Gods, but they keep provoking him. 

The God of Hunger knows HY from the times when he was in the cave, and we get a hint that SA's curse was a result of what HY did..1,200 years ago?? :blink: what in the world is going on? He also mentions that he was told to bring the mom but leave HY behind and yet HY was still casted out?? Now..we know JD is not HY's father. Because they met when he was casted out. And HY admitted that he is the one who made JD the way he is. This tells me that HY is indeed very strong. He even hinted to BR by saying "Will you Gods kill me? Can you guys do it as well as I can?" And he also mentioned that what he plans to do with the land will save them but destroy him :blink: now..i am wondering if HY is being manipulated by someone else..another diety. In the preview..it shows someone punching a bag and talking while HY looks like he is being punched the same way in the parking lot. So i am starting to believe there may be someone else manipulating HY from behind the scenes..using his vulnerability of being a 'halfling' to gain the advantage. Maybe there is someone who hates the Gods more than the Gods hating demigods. He said he was saved by someone 'kind'. Just how kind was this person then? And is it possible this 'kind' person is using HY?? 

Also..we get a hint from BY that Gods were being killed. And HY is the main suspect. But HY says he had nothing to do with it. Is this the betrayal that caused the curse? 

What do you guys think chingus?

@bebebisous33 Seems like our theory that JD is HY's father is wrong. But now..i have some new theories which I also mentioned above. I am also now starting to think..what if HY's dad is the King of the Sky?..or moreso, the High Priest? MR mentioned that the High Priest gives them questions because he wants to make sure he maintains his High Priest status. So if such is the case..it may be possible that he hid HY in that cave? At this point..I still think SA is human. Give me your thoughts too :D

So many questions again haha.

WOW unnie you are really fast at watching the episode (:

haha I just finish watching the subbed version. I admit that BR is really pushing HY's buttons, I am not sure what he is trying to proof by pushing HY so much.

Well looks like I was correct JD isnt HY's father, more like JD saved HY because he thought he was human and he got struck by one of BR's lightning when Mura and Him were fighting.

I felt bad for SA mid way through the episode. HB came in when SA was trying to put her life and move on, all of a sudden she had someone who was making her all these promises and giving her life greater 'comfort' i guess is the correct word? But now that everything is slowly coming together, they found JD, HB has a the map and soon they will get all the stones. It is a reminder to me especially how HB has to go back. That scene where SA hugged HB, it was clear that she was really happy to see him, but she was also carefully not to come to near him. So she was comfortable backhugging him but when he began tor reach out to her, thats when she took a step back and went in.

Funny HY and the minor god actually knew each other, I wonder if he knew his identity but choose not to tell HB, but either way HB could tell it was him right away.

As I said before, that scene with the household cleaning was just so natural and comforting to watch. If what SA said is correct, it means that the story with the Shim lady, is correct but it is not linked to SA's descendants, we saw how SA's descendants got cursed right? BR played a trick and they got punished for me. So if that is the case, HB is not telling SA because to some extent the reason why her ancestors got curses was because it was the fault of the gods and not of her ancestors. It does seen that HY has somewhat to do with the reason why SA's ancestors became servants.

It is interesting the reason in which SA gave HY about why she chose to back out of the decision to sell the land. In some ways, just because a person is strong doesnt mean he has more. Though to HY because he knows HB is a god he assumes that all gods are both strong and have more. But because SA has gotten the chance to see HB in a different light, her reasoning makes sense.

I have to admit that BR played right into the hands of HY, making his feelings towards HY so obvious was not a good move. Unlike HB who keeps his thoughts to himself, clearly HY has more difficulty reading him. HY just played right into the what BR thought of him, without BR realising that he was being played.

I find it strange now that HY is making his move towards SA mainly because I can't find the reason why? Is he just fascinated with her or because she is now the servant of the gods and believe she can understand him?

that last part before the kiss scene, you could tell that HB was trying to will his feelings towards SA away, and after she told him that because of him she has become a loser. he definitely gave in. As he kept saying that he was going to leave, you could tell that he was beginning to mean it less and less. Not that I doubt that HB wont leave, he has to. But at this point and this instant, he can't leave yet.

Looking at the preview, it does seem that JD gains back his memories right after the kiss scene HB is wearing the same outfit during the kiss scene. If so, it means that the god's stones are all together fairly quickly. Perhaps that date the HB and SA are on is like their version of a 'final' date before he goes back.

Just who is attacking HB? I really hope its not BR cause if so it is stupid, my guess is the man who is boxing is HY, trying to gain control of his powers and himself.

Ok. I'm back! Couldn't resist to post again now that I've seen the episode subbed. Gosh, that last confession scene was so epic! The feeeeeeeels! I feel HB was more angry of the fact that he has to hear from HY that he was a breeze that stopped already for SA. You can tell it crushed HB when he heard that from HY. Probably because he can't bear the thought of her not having feelings for him anymore when his feelings can't be stopped because it has already started.

SA is such a strong yet vulnerable character. I feel for the girl! I just want her to find some happiness, come home to someone who is waiting for her, wake up to have breakfast with someone, go to sleep with a goodnight kiss from someone... The thought of having HB there waiting for her underneath the street lights or at home but one day he's gone, is just crushing! I'm so glad that HB pulled her in for the kisses, sealing his feelings for her. The angst of them denying their feelings, him leaving, is just heartbreaking. So now at least they can still spend some quality time together before that day come. 

Now hoo ye desperately wanted soah as he knew he was the one who need god servant who can understand him and relieve from lonliness.....my heart totally hurt whenever hoo ye eyes filled with tear  when he trying to control his powers and when he bi ryum word ( you can kill things just by touching)hurting him omo  bi ryum if you want to save your life stay away from him. Only Moora prove herself as goddess. When moora  with habaek her emotions ❤. When ever she says bi ryum because of you and you look pathetic omo bi ryum face look totally fall and when bi ryum ask her about kiss scene how about you get some practice ..so excited for bi ryum and moora kiss scene.

Don't know still there is mystery man who is torturing hoo ye...why hoo ye secretary min looking so handsome in this episode. When monk talking about feeling for her sympathy or love whom he referred habaek or hoo ye.? So excited for next episode. 

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I just finished the episode but cannot put full detailed insight on it yet until later when I am home. However, I do realize that it is the Gods, particularly BR, that keeps provoking HY. He taunts him, mentioning the fact that he is a 'halfling'. Whenever the topic of his blood comes up, HY goes into a frenzy. MR and HB knows not to provoke him because he isn't doing anything harmful. But BR keeps dabbing him, pushing him to a corner. HY keeps mentioning that he has nothing and wants nothing to do with the Gods, but they keep provoking him. 

The God of Hunger knows HY from the times when he was in the cave, and we get a hint that SA's curse was a result of what HY did..1,200 years ago?? :blink: what in the world is going on? He also mentions that he was told to bring the mom but leave HY behind and yet HY was still casted out?? Now..we know JD is not HY's father. Because they met when he was casted out. And HY admitted that he is the one who made JD the way he is. This tells me that HY is indeed very strong. He even hinted to BR by saying "Will you Gods kill me? Can you guys do it as well as I can?" And he also mentioned that what he plans to do with the land will save them but destroy him :blink: now..i am wondering if HY is being manipulated by someone else..another diety. In the preview..it shows someone punching a bag and talking while HY looks like he is being punched the same way in the parking lot. So i am starting to believe there may be someone else manipulating HY from behind the scenes..using his vulnerability of being a 'halfling' to gain the advantage. Maybe there is someone who hates the Gods more than the Gods hating demigods. He said he was saved by someone 'kind'. Just how kind was this person then? And is it possible this 'kind' person is using HY?? 

Also..we get a hint from BY that Gods were being killed. And HY is the main suspect. But HY says he had nothing to do with it. Is this the betrayal that caused the curse? 

@bebebisous33 Seems like our theory that JD is HY's father is wrong. But now..i have some new theories which I also mentioned above. I am also now starting to think..what if HY's dad is the King of the Sky?..or moreso, the High Priest? MR mentioned that the High Priest gives them questions because he wants to make sure he maintains his High Priest status. So if such is the case..it may be possible that he hid HY in that cave? At this point..I still think SA is human. Give me your thoughts too :D

I am half dead after the kiss last night.kekekeke!! I just finished watching with sub in my office when I am supposed to work. heee!!

In a way, I agree with you. HY tell HB clearly he has no intention to get involve with the God's world. His world is on earth and his mission is to win SA's heart but Bi Ryeom keep provoking him. It seems BR awakening his dark side. HB already told BR not to provoke HY anymore. 

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bride of the Water God 2017" Episode 9

photo873329.jpg

So even though Hoo-ye has been built up as being this big sinister villain character because of his supernatural backstory, "Bride of the Water God 2017" promptly undercuts this by reminding us that Bi-ryeom is a genuinely malicious person (well, god, whatever) who's fine with threatening children. It really is a badly mixed message. If Moo-ra and Bi-ryeom are allowed to enrich themselves with supernatural connections, why is it so bad for Hoo-ye to do it too?

That's perhaps the most questionable worldbuilding element at play in "Bride of  the Water God 2017".  The gods don't serve any obvious purpose to anyone, even themselves.  They're not even an excuse for director Kim Byeong-soo to liven up proceedings with special effects. They just ramble on and on about pointlessly complex backstory and rules that lack any obvious relation to currently ongoing problems.

But then even currently ongoing problems lack any obvious relation to the greater plot. I frequently feel as if "Bride of the Water God 2017" is missing entire important establishing scenes. Take the whole bit with the amnesiac monk. It took me way too long to figure out who that was supposed to be and why Ha-baek finding him was such a big deal. No doubt part of this confusion stems from how until Ha-baek finds him, it didn't seem like anybody was even looking for him in the first place. 

We're far more likely to get exposition of  the romance between Ha-baek and So-ah, which at this point rather hilariously has nothing to do with the plot at all anymore. At one point, Moo-ra even explicitly asks why So-ah is in the room while all the gods are discussing plot points that have nothing to do with her. So-ah's only apparent contribution to "Bride of the Water God 2017" is that she is the titular bride apparent to the water god, even though there's no indication that Ha-baek wants or needs a bride.

The scenes between Ha-baek and So-ah do at least serve a purpose in that there is romance and jokes in these scenes, so they feel slightly less pointless than the main story. But the overriding problems in this drama remain overchanged. It's all exposition and no action. The main memorable scenes feel horribly awkward- like when Hii-ye is confronted by a minor character whose personality appears to have changed completely between scenes. On top of all its other problems, "Bride of the Water God 2017" suffers from some rather subpar acting.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-9-108429.html

35 minutes ago, MrMarley said:

Ok. I'm back! Couldn't resist to post again now that I've seen the episode subbed. Gosh, that last confession scene was so epic! The feeeeeeeels! I feel HB was more angry of the fact that he has to hear from HY that he was a breeze that stopped already for SA. You can tell it crushed HB when he heard that from HY. Probably because he can't bear the thought of her not having feelings for him anymore when his feelings can't be stopped because it has already started.

SA is such a strong yet vulnerable character. I feel for the girl! I just want her to find some happiness, come home to someone who is waiting for her, wake up to have breakfast with someone, go to sleep with a goodnight kiss from someone... The thought of having HB there waiting for her underneath the street lights or at home but one day he's gone, is just crushing! I'm so glad that HB pulled her in for the kisses, sealing his feelings for her. The angst of them denying their feelings, him leaving, is just heartbreaking. So now at least they can still spend some quality time together before that day come. 

Yeah...he was angry and said few things that clearly hurt SoAh "" you selling and taking back the land is not important"" *ooo..ooo...bad word Habaek-nim* and '"" i dont care what you did or what you plan to do with that guy""' he regretted it the moment he said it and made him even angrier with himself. Thank God he redeemed himself with the kiss...His multiple ' I will leave' or ' I have to leave' is said more to remind himself rather than SoAh.

10 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Some answer that we got from ep 9. I can only figured out 3 since the sub is not out yet. 

1. The coordinates in in SoAh's map. So my guess is correct all along. It got transferred when Habaek 'crashed' on her.

2. Joo Dong is the guy from the ep 1. Now we know why he disappeared all this years. Funny that even god had memory loss..haha. Now, what is his r/ship with that little blind girl.

3. HY has nothing to do with JD's disappearance. He is basically a victim of circumstances. Can I hope that the drama be good and make him a good guy. Maybe Habaek will come into some sense and realised they are the one who is making him losing his control. 

What else?

when you say HY had nothing to do with JD's disappearance - does that mean that you do not believe that HY took his memory?  He denied it, said JD was struck by a bolt of lightening (not his) and then he said to BR when he became so angry because BR was goading him, then he said he did it.  But what do you think, true or not true?

And JD became a Buddhist, how?  Very strange.  Maybe he gave the stone to the little blind girl. He was telling her about the stones in the beginning, but he was already a Buddhist, was his memory ok then? or he does remember god stories. 

"Bride of the Water God 2017" Krystal takes snap with coffee truck sent by Park Shin-hye

photo873245.jpg

Krystal took a picture in front of the coffee truck sent by Park Shin-hye.

She posted this picture on her Instagram.

She's wearing a beige dress with a coffee and she is posing in front of the truck.

The banner on the truck says, "We have done nothing wrong. If being pretty is a crime then let it be it! To Soo-jeong, from Shin-hye".

Meanwhile, Krystal is starring in the tvN drama "Bride of the Water God 2017" as Moo-ra.

http://www.hancinema.net/bride-of-the-water-god-2017-krystal-takes-snap-with-coffee-truck-sent-by-park-shin-hye-108410.html

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yes so many questions. I will make a list of knowns and unknowns after episode 10.  Yes BR really goads and provokes HY. That is his nature, to make trouble. What happened with bratty Ms Shin? did he just take her memory (maybe he really did take JD's memory).?  He seemed to be struggling with one of his hands - does he have a destroyer hand? the hand that killed the flowers?  What was that business that the hunger godling said about his mother? Does that mean his mother is still alive?  Could then his mother be Nakbin after all? The god his father raped her? Maybe she is the little blind girl.

This drama actually entering the sad part now. Please writer-nim & PDnim, I know you've gave us two kisses and a lot of skinships. But can I wish for more? Because their love route is very sad, some more kisses will make it less hurt. 

Wrote in bold, pray for PDnim and writer-nim to noticed me. -_-

59 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bride of the Water God 2017" Episode 9

So even though Hoo-ye has been built up as being this big sinister villain character because of his supernatural backstory, "Bride of the Water God 2017" promptly undercuts this by reminding us that Bi-ryeom is a genuinely malicious person (well, god, whatever) who's fine with threatening children. It really is a badly mixed message. If Moo-ra and Bi-ryeom are allowed to enrich themselves with supernatural connections, why is it so bad for Hoo-ye to do it too?

That's perhaps the most questionable worldbuilding element at play in "Bride of  the Water God 2017".  The gods don't serve any obvious purpose to anyone, even themselves.  They're not even an excuse for director Kim Byeong-soo to liven up proceedings with special effects. They just ramble on and on about pointlessly complex backstory and rules that lack any obvious relation to currently ongoing problems.

But then even currently ongoing problems lack any obvious relation to the greater plot. I frequently feel as if "Bride of the Water God 2017" is missing entire important establishing scenes. Take the whole bit with the amnesiac monk. It took me way too long to figure out who that was supposed to be and why Ha-baek finding him was such a big deal. No doubt part of this confusion stems from how until Ha-baek finds him, it didn't seem like anybody was even looking for him in the first place. 

We're far more likely to get exposition of  the romance between Ha-baek and So-ah, which at this point rather hilariously has nothing to do with the plot at all anymore. At one point, Moo-ra even explicitly asks why So-ah is in the room while all the gods are discussing plot points that have nothing to do with her. So-ah's only apparent contribution to "Bride of the Water God 2017" is that she is the titular bride apparent to the water god, even though there's no indication that Ha-baek wants or needs a bride.

The scenes between Ha-baek and So-ah do at least serve a purpose in that there is romance and jokes in these scenes, so they feel slightly less pointless than the main story. But the overriding problems in this drama remain overchanged. It's all exposition and no action. The main memorable scenes feel horribly awkward- like when Hii-ye is confronted by a minor character whose personality appears to have changed completely between scenes. On top of all its other problems, "Bride of the Water God 2017" suffers from some rather subpar acting.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-9-108429.html

I am so relieved a legitimate review has come out and said this, the god story and the love story lines have nothing to do with each other and there is no action.  How long did it take to find out what happened to JD? and we still don't know what happened, why he is a monk, why he lost him memory but told the little girl about the stones.....etc. etc. etc. etc.

We still don't have a clear story about HooYe's past, nor do we know about Nak bin, nor do we know why Soha is the servant not the Shim.  etc. etc. etc etc.

But there were was all that heart thumping between two beautiful people who's own story line is that he is leaving and she is staying.

And where and who is Soha's father? How could he leave his wife to drink herself to death, and his daughter alone?

And then there is the matter of criticism in this review of the "subpar acting",  Golly gee, who could that be? 

Oy oy oy oy6021.png?w=150&h=150

Me got my wish yesterday! *squeaaaals 

On 31 July 2017 at 0:28 PM, swagpuppysong said:

Me betting on a hot and sincere and lingering scene-ender kiss scene tonight:wub:

Replayed this so many times that I almost forgot about Joo Dong. Lol. :D

Quoting below some points I've raised last week that made sense after episode 9.. And also sharing more crazy possibilities for fun. *wink!

On 28 July 2017 at 1:41 PM, swagpuppysong said:

Lemme say this first: The writer is totally successful in making the deductive skills of the drama viewers put to work. Like seriously, sometimes I even wonder who Joo Dong is when I'm taking a bath. *face palm :blink:

Here's what I think though..
- I also think Joo Dong is the monk in the first episode
- When he looked for the third godstone, probably that's when he met Hoo Ye 
- When Hoo Ye saw a bright light, that was probably the time when Joo Dong stopped Moo Ra and Bi Ryeom from fighting and lost the godstone..

Adding to that,

- I still think that Nak Bin is the little blind girl or her reincarnation and her blindness being her punishment from a sin she did long before

- More specifically, Ha-baek loved Nak Bin and she loved him in return 1200 years ago. Seeing that, the King of the Sky Country lured her to eat of the fruit of immortality that was forbidden with hopes to disqualify Ha-baek from being King since his lover has broken a sacred law.

- Perhaps Nak Bin had gone mad after eating the fruit and killed herself, thus, the "human foolishness" that Ha-baek mentioned in the noodle shop

- Maybe that time Ha-baek didn't do anything to stop her death and he bore the pain and regret from it

..*scratches head. :huh: I also think Bi Ryeom is one loyal friend to Ha-baek though he may not say it. I think he may have covered up a story for his sake before without Ha-baek knowing the full story..or not. 

Let's find out together chingus! Huwaiting! :rolleyes:

Hello my Water God chingus! I will be home soon so I will be able to chat again :D until then, some more showers of love for Team Monday!

This is why we all love HB :wink:

A2.PNG

TEAM MONDAY! HE HAS HEARD ABOUT YOUR VICTORY :tongue:

19441925_1268818103231156_42243115513062

WATER GOD HB says "Team Monday, my eyes are for you all" :tongue:

19425437_1419163961510765_35153713710330

Credit: owners.

@supergal99 lol, continue to enjoy my showers of love from HB to the winners! :wink:

@kaoriharang dongseng, you should still be awake at this time. I will be back to chat with you too :D

Archived