[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

Knock knock... Back to soompi again because of this drama... Moon Lovers really drags me out too long... :D Unnie @Visually-wandering we meet again here... Lets talk and discuss about this drama... I dont read the manhwa yet too... Actually really confuse with all mistery, the high priest said that "The secret of nature"

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, day2708 said:
  Hide contents

First not all lsk' fans are shippers and not all are immature fans.You can expect them to make a statement, but most of the k-couples decide to stay quiet to not attract any unnecessary attention and i doubt their agency will allow them to speak more about the matter. I'm a lsk fan and tbh i feel second-hand embarrassment with some of the fights btw ssk fans and shippers. I try to report most of the hate comments in ssk and lsk ig and i think is the best option and its better than taking action by responding because it's impossible to reason with them, ig shippers are very immature.

Spoiler

even if you go now to her ig you would see it bombard by fanatic SWAGS fans, and SSK really didnt do anything, she is an innocent since she isnt part of their relationship. im sorry, but all i read is excuses for bad behavior, which again should be admonished. and they dont!!! 

4 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

The kiss in the other hand gave SoAh the ability to hear others thoughts, even hearing the dry plant which asked her water. While HaBaek still loosing his God's ability, SoAh gaining some. I wonder if later on that situation will make HaBaek lower himself little by little and won't be an arrogant God anymore.

i thought so too, but then i remembered that HB told SR when they were neer the fountain that he think something slipped from him.

i think when he hit SA while coming down he somehow transfered his powers to her and thats whe plant are regarding her as water "nature" and asking her for water.

i think this is why HB said he think something slipped from him. but i guess we will have to see

ps

to the moderator

ive tried to combine the 2 comments but when i quote it automatically put the quote in a new message - sorry

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

The jumping off scene sure gives some impending doom to this drama...I am dreading the melo part which I think is inevitable in this kind of drama if the original story is taken into account...I remember last year's Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo was all happy and funny at the beginning but took the melo path from ep 10 until the end that left me broken for months. I pray this show will have happy ending and it is executed beautifully. If death will take SoAh to Habaek then it'll be okay, i guess. Maybe I should prepare myself for any heartbreak.

The jumping in the future surely gave us some vibe about impending doom.Someone like SA who is terribly scared of water even the sight of water gives her panic attack who after a a year in future she will jump is a mystery for now. Plus the way the priest talk about how HB's human servant is going to die before he comes back to water world is also something.His it's fate fate is fate in the end on epi 2 like a riddle.Ahhh Scarlet Heart gives us scar of out life :mellow: 

@bebebisous33 d4f15cdd157eee8af2dceec2085d0cbdc1a3f748well i am expecting a lot i really love the way they changed the story though  Only names are same, concept, theme, time, even "gods" are different 

941cf4c178d60d0cba8d2d6c7634165d5dae52f5e57c83fdef4c711ef160caf86177172e458dfe326a8def6e95e81103fc0d775cd0b9899d769ba202

Spoiler

6944aa1b7a45fbacc8149cee0dab25613f20db33468370e339d089e45759abf5907993d92e33e541

i don't know which religion worships the water god but sign me up :wink:for this water God now we know how much water can get HOT 

52 minutes ago, goldenmoon said:

The jumping in the future surely gave us some vibe about impending doom.Someone like SA who is terribly scared of water even the sight of water gives her panic attack who after a a year in future she will jump is a mystery for now. Plus the way the priest talk about how HB's human servant is going to die before he comes back to water world is also something.His it's fate fate is fate in the end on epi 2 like a riddle.Ahhh Scarlet Heart gives us scar of out life :mellow: 

Burnt black n crisp!! I wasn't able to watch other dramas for 2 months after SHR ended. After i regained my senses, i only pick up 100% happy ending rom-com to watch...lol. 

We'll see how it goes with BOTWG. I have a premonition it might be a repeat history of tears n heartbreak again..haha...Preparing myself for worst case scenario!! Fighting!!

SoAh keeps calling him ' Chogi-yo' or 'Iba-yo' and his frustrated expression accompanied by his lengthy mantra of ''I am the god of water, to-be king of Water Country and to-be emperor of the Realm of God - HA BAEK! " is killing me....lol

4 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Burnt black n crisp!! I wasn't able to watch other dramas for 2 months after SHR ended. After i regained my senses, i only pick up 100% happy ending rom-com to watch...lol. 

We'll see how it goes with BOTWG. I have a premonition it might be a repeat history of tears n heartbreak again..haha...Preparing myself for worst case scenario!! Fighting!!

Same with me after SHR other dramas just didn't attract me so I watched and rewatched and cried all over again :/ Then started to watch rom-com now the heartache is little less. 

The priests words are not leaving my mind so I'll prepare my tissue boxes just in case. Thou I think I'll need them trying to prepare my heart for bucket of tears!! Yes fighting!!

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

HA BAEK / BAEK AH

1 actor

2 dramas

2 identical character names

Sheer coincidence?

or just like the High Priest said : Fate..it's Fate!

OMG...:blink:

Speaking of Baek Ah, I saw some of you mention SHR. I really hope the flow of the story (or at least the ending) of this won't be tragic like SHR. My heart can't take another tragedy like that. If it hadn't been for WFKBJ, I don't think I would have the courage to watch K-Dramas again.

while processing i thought about the pig incident and remembered that SoA assistant said that mentally iil ppl always know where to find her or approach her and then i thought that when SA was in the trunk she said that the pig was crazy, maybe SAwas afraid that not only ppl but also mentally ill wild life can truck her down as well

to me it became funnier, the scene 

sorry guys haven't post much...don't have time keke...anyway I love the first 2 episodes...I admit that first half of episode 1 wasn't that great tho' the second half got my full attention... the comedic tone of this drama is so good to watch... most of all when So Ah's nurse assistant broke that wiper and also that smiling boar... this spin off is good and Misaeng writer is doing a good job tho' I hope next week we'll be seeing some angst... As for the chemistry no question they really have chemistry and I can feel it... I admit I doubted them at first but after watching 2 episodes I'm sold... and the kiss I'm a little bit surprised.. yes but I didn't think it's too soon like what others say... cause for me when it comes to a kiss of my ship ..nothing is "too soon" ...I like sooner rather than later hahah... I don't see any problem with their acting not like some people who always talk s h i t about how NJH and SSK should act like they can act better than them... now I'm excited to see the entrance of Gong Myung and he's cute blonde hair...haha 

and as for Habaek and So Ah...I sense that Habaek already started to like SA... I can tell by the confuse and serious look in his face whenever there's skinship... this is the reason why he's the one who pulled back from the kiss too...he never expected to feel something  different when he did it for fun only...he already found his missing half  so he wouldn't let it go now... and I hope since he already found So Ah he can regain his power I don't want him to be useless whenever his bride is in danger... tho' I don't like So Ah to be a bride that always wait for Superman to save the day... I don't like weak female leads I'm so done with that... I want her to be different and since it's like she is getting some Habaek's power I hope she can use it to fight back from evil... I'm excited for the next episode hope it get's better as episode goes by plus I wish ratings will go up too... BOTWG Fighting!! 16 Cute Aries girl emoji and emoticons gifs download

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, amisyka77 said:

I love watching Habaek watching and scrutinizing SoAh and in the process learning more about her. For an arrogant and seemingly selfish god, he is quite perceptive and sensitive to every subtle change of her emotions and actions. When they were trapped in the car boot, he learnt how genuinely scared she was, and it might have trigger some protective streak in him. He was unconsciously touched by her covered-up kindness while helping the grandpa crossed the road. And he can clearly sense her freaking out and losing her mind dealing with that drowning crazy guy.

I love that you mentioned that part! Initially, I thought that he didn't really care about her. But when I compared the way he reacts to Namsuri and So Ah, he cares about her much more than he shows. Maybe he hasn't realised it yet. BTW, why did he say "It's nothing. It's just because the world has changed, that's all." after he recalls the kiss in episode 2?

I've got more questions which I hope someone can clarify...

It has been explained that there are 3 kingdoms or realms: Water, Earth and Sky. Moora is from the Water Kingdom, Biryum is the god from the Sky Kingdom & Joo Dong is from Earth Kingdom. But why is he mentioned less than the other 2? I mean, earth is an extremely important aspect in the human world & since Habaek needs all 3 stones, he's bound to meet Joo Dong. Won't he be entangled in Habaek's relationships with the others too?

What's with the smiling pig? I read somewhere that Habaek had the power to transform into animals in the manhwa. Does this mean that So Ah has acquired some of Habaek's powers such that she can understand animals & plants now?

How significant is Habaek's kiss and what effects/consequences does it bring? Okay...seeing how he called his kiss a 'God's gift', it is obviously very significant. But I wonder about the extent of it. Does the kiss transfer his powers to another? Does his kiss binds him to another forever? I wonder what the power of his kiss is.:rolleyes: (*wiggles eyebrows*)

2 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I love that you mentioned that part! Initially, I thought that he didn't really care about her. But when I compared the way he reacts to Namsuri and So Ah, he cares about her much more than he shows. Maybe he hasn't realised it yet. BTW, why did he say "It's nothing. It's just because the world has changed, that's all." after he recalls the kiss in episode 2?

I've got more questions which I hope someone can clarify...

It has been explained that there are 3 kingdoms or realms: Water, Earth and Sky. Moora is from the Water Kingdom, Biryum is the god from the Sky Kingdom & Joo Dong is from Earth Kingdom. But why is he mentioned less than the other 2? I mean, earth is an extremely important aspect in the human world & since Habaek needs all 3 stones, he's bound to meet Joo Dong. Won't he be entangled in Habaek's relationships with the others too?

What's with the smiling pig? I read somewhere that Habaek had the power to transform into animals in the manhwa. Does this mean that So Ah has acquired some of Habaek's powers such that she can understand animals & plants now?

How significant is Habaek's kiss and what effects/consequences does it bring? Okay...seeing how he called his kiss a 'God's gift', it is obviously very significant. But I wonder about the extent of it. Does the kiss transfer his powers to another? Does his kiss binds him to another forever? I wonder what the power of his kiss is.:rolleyes: (*wiggles eyebrows*)

Moo Ra, Joo Dong and Bi Reom are guardian gods. My explanation that Moo Ra and Bi Reom are more important than Joo Dong is that the latter will give the god stone freely, while I suspect that Moo Ra and Bi Reom will work together and won't give Ha Baek the god stones. Moo Ra is a guardian god from Water Kingdom but once she sees that Ha Baek is close to a human, she won't like it. It is not just because she is jealous. My assumption is based on the introduction. We discover that the guardian gods are sent to the human world in order to look after the environment in the human world. But we heard in the introduction that guardian gods don't look after humans. Yet, Moo Ra will see how Ha Baek is so close to So Ah and takes care of her. 

But there is no guarantee that my theory is correct.  

Archived