[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心

sugarplum892

3 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

OMG! Just how adorable can he get??? Love his smiles!!

Ikr I can watch that promo over and over again and laugh. His def adorable. He needs to come back in a rom-com and preferably with his own voice. Maybe steer clear from Chinese dramas and head over to Taiwan. He speaks the same language though their plot is just as draggy but it never is this stupid and big bonus is they use their own actors/ actresses voices. :D I seriously hope his management team will come into this forum and read our critiques and hopefully they will know better. Im glad the YT clips have similar criticism, so fingers X :tongue:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Ikr I can watch that promo over and over again and laugh. His def adorable. He needs to come back in a rom-com and preferably with his own voice. Maybe steer clear from Chinese dramas and head over to Taiwan. He speaks the same language though their plot is just as draggy but it never is this stupid and big bonus is they use their own actors/ actresses voices. :D I seriously hope his management team will come into this forum and read our critiques and hopefully they will know better. Im glad the YT clips have similar criticism, so fingers X :tongue:

true! using own voices makes ALL the difference! 

Hope he gets better projects, haven't watched any Taiwanese dramas yet. I'll just take your word for it. 

Yup, I was recently discussing with a friend about my craziness for kdramas and she told me this interesting theory that fans are actually the best critiques because they scrutinize everything with a lot of care and come up with constructive suggestions even if they are just rants (which is just frustration at bad plot/writing/acting). So I do hope they read this thread lol

so disappointed with this drama i only watched because i thought finally ZBB and Dilraba would get a happy ending after he was the second lead in pretty li hui zhen and i liked them together more than the male lead oh whatever on to the next drama 

@shimshimae or @rosamundekingsley99_stv- er...help me out here- read BOTH your comments and still not watching-(equivalent of fingers over eyes)-WHAT SHARK ? What farce? Surely if she drugged JK- why is she charging in?Is he not out of action and they (JK/YZ) are both safe...? I know I haven't watched since 42-been waiting to make up mind....? (Sorry to take the easy way out and ask for detail). sounds to me like they overthought the "plot twist dramatic ending"-hope it hasn't tipped into the ridiculous.

Also I've asked previously-I read there's a version of Legend of Qin where JK is alive and on the run and HS is also dead.TM brought up by Ge Nie...Is this where we're going as a prequel to tie up (not seen/read it myself). If so not v historically accurate. Don't know if anyone's seen this version?

Hmm. 

I guess I nitpick. But I'm a fairly picky viewer. I haven't been that hard on this one though because I killed Jang Okjung Live in Love (Kim Tae Hee and Yu Ah-In drama) because it was so bad, it actually became funny.

There is no such thing as a perfect drama. Dramas that I liked...

Goblin Bride

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Bu Bu Jing Xin

Eternal Love

My Love from Another Star

Dae Jang Geum

Women's World

Queen Sun-Deok

Moon Embracing the Sun

Princess's Man

Jung Do-Jeon

Empress Ki

Healer

They all had flaws. It's just that they were more good than flawed, so they were still very enjoyable.

For example -- My Love From Another Star and Eternal Love have illogical world building. EL also have a few unresolved plotlines. But most just look the other way because the couples' chemistry is fantastic, acting's great, script is well-paced, and production value is very high.

In TKW, the primary couple's chemistry is great (thanks to YZ), acting's okay (ZBB carries the drama), costumes and settings are beautiful, and the music's nice. But the script's WTF and characters make no sense, and at this point, I feel like writers got tired and decided they don't care anymore. 

As for HS not being clear in his expression -- he's a very limited actor, so I'm not surprised. I mean, he's better than JK, but not by a huge margin.

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

If you want to hear ZBB act in his own voice, you can try ETERNAL LOVE - 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms because he uses his own voice there. His real voice is very nice. I'm not sure why they dubbed for this drama.

Also that drama is on my top 10 all-time favorite Asian drama list. I watched it only about 7 times. LOL. All 58 episodes of them. 

what a promising drama that ended up being hugely disappointing. WHY?????  Ugh....so frustrating especially since ZBB and DD together would have been great.  

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great commentary and insight!

I hate the people who decided this drama ending this way. Selfish motive, imagine people watching this drama late at night just to get this. They had an opportunity to end it beautifully but they ruined it. Still love ZBB and DD though, what a pity ZBB acted really well for the lame ending. Thank God for moonlight drawn by the clouds, the moon embraces by the sun, and empress Ki.  Hopefully their future project be much better then this. Gotta be more carefull in choosing China drama in the future. 

11 minutes ago, rosamundekingsley99_stv said:

Is this how Li proves that she loves YZ????????????????????  And this means YZ does not love Li-er?  So confusing.

At this point, I have doubts about my own name!! This is so confusing, we invested a lot of time and emotions into this drama to get a non-sense ending! 

Just finished watching the last 2 eps. As much I as hated how it ended, I thought that the last 2 eps are worth watching bcos ZBB's performances are really good in them. I mean like he looks so swag and cool when he kills JK. I really dont blame him for killing JK bcos JK is the one who ask for it. 

I read some Chinese comments on the ending, saying that: 

Li does love the king, but she is disappointed that he never trusted her. Qing'er actually working for the king all along, and the king knowing everything about her and JK all this time, was the ultimate catalyst.

When the two were charging at each other with their swords, the king had, in theory, already given up his plans of unifying China, and was ready to die together with Li. (Thus proving that he loves her?) That's why he didn't retract his sword, or defend himself. But it was also his mistrust of Li that caused him to believe that she would actually kill him for JK. Therefore, the king single-handedly ruined the relationship between him and Li, and killed her, because of his mistrust and inability to understand that Li did love him, and not JK. Throughout the entire thing, YZ loves Li, but he loves his ambitions to unite China more. 

Li withdrawing her sword shows that she could not kill YZ, (probably because she loves him). Her using her last breath to tell him that she died in order for him to experience what killing his most loved one felt like, and that in order to be a good ruler, he must be able to empathize with the normal masses, could just convey that she died for him ---- therefore, she does love him.  

(Watching JK getting killed was somehow satisfying........... sorry :tongue:)

7 minutes ago, eighbcdefg said:

I read some Chinese comments on the ending, saying that: 

Li does love the king, but she is disappointed that he never trusted her. Qing'er actually working for the king all along, and the king knowing everything about her and JK all this time, was the ultimate catalyst.

When the two were charging at each other with their swords, the king had, in theory, already given up his plans of unifying China, and was ready to die together with Li. That's why he didn't retract his sword. But it was also his mistrust of Li that caused him to believe that she would actually kill him for JK. Therefore, the king single-handedly ruined the relationship between him and Li, and killed her, because of his mistrust and inability to understand that Li did love him, and not JK. 

That makes no sense. If Quing was spying on Li, why didn't YZ know about Yan Dan thing? Or that someone stole Li's dagger so she wasn't the one who stabbed Min? And why wouldn't YZ know about HS's mission to get YZ's half-brother???? 

Qing is a pretty crappy spy. 

A Korean blogger who speaks Mandarin said 

YZ wants to make TM crown prince to make Li more powerful and to ensure she never leaves him. But he wants to have Fusu inherit the throne ultimately. This makes Li upset. So she decides to run away with HS then decides it's too hard and only has TM escape with HS. 

YZ is angry because he knows about JK coming and she wants him to spare her senior and TM and it only upsets YZ more. 

God. What a makjang bs

1 minute ago, dramalover1 said:

A Korean blogger who speaks Mandarin said 

YZ wants to make TM crown prince to make Li more powerful and to ensure she never leaves him. But he wants to have Fusu inherit the throne ultimately. This makes Li upset. So she decides to run away with HS then decides it's too hard and only has TM escape with HS. 

I think making TM crown prince to protect Li is something YZ considered (and is what he told Li), but as he insinuated to Lizhong, he wants to ultimately appoint Fusu as crown prince, but plans to give the spot to TM only for now, to train Fusu to become more aggressive/firm as sibling rivalry will follow TM's appointment. This sibling rivalry would then be what causes others to destroy TM. 

Archived