[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Is she going to has any children with the King?

According to the novel is NO. But I hope the screen writter change the plot... :D

34 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

the plot is moving fast.. main actress gives birth in episode 10 tomorrow. 

Yeah, is real fast. I think they speed up the plot to focus more on how Li Ji falls in love with the King, which I hope we will have more lovey dovey scene later on.. :wub:

46 minutes ago, Hapiangle said:

According to the novel is NO. But I hope the screen writter change the plot... :D

Yeah, is real fast. I think they speed up the plot to focus more on how Li Ji falls in love with the King, which I hope we will have more lovey dovey scene later on.. :wub:

This drama is mainly romance-based after watching eps 7 and 8. :D Giggling. It's a nice change from all the turmoil I have seen recently but we'll see how it plays out later on. I am also hoping for a deviation from the novel as well .Must be the trend this year.

At least the King gets the main girl this time around unlike in Pretty Li Zhen.

14 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

This drama is mainly romance-based after watching eps 7 and 8. :D Giggling. It's a nice change from all the turmoil I have seen recently but we'll see how it plays out later on. I am also hoping for a deviation from the novel as well .Must be the trend this year.

At least the King gets the main girl this time around unlike in Pretty Li Zhen.

Yea, agree with you. Pretty Li Then I was totally in 2nd lead syndrome. When Yi Mu left, it was so heart breaking.... 

19 hours ago, tintin92 said:

hey all :) just finished episode 6. so far i'm loving it. the king god he is so good :D i don't like the guy who plays Jing Ke. it's the first time i'm seeing him in a drama. i guess they should've chosen a more handsome guy for his role because he cannot compete with the king:D

anyways, the story is entertaining. why some say that the editing and effects are bad? if you wanna see bad and fake effects just watch princess agents <_< i believe most historical chinese dramas lack in some editorial parts and CGI is very bad. after watching 6 historical dramas in 6 months i can see the differences :)

I'm not keen on the Jing Ke actor's acting so far.  I feel like his voice actor is doing all the work because I find his facial expressions kind of lacking but apparently he was a model not a trained actor so that's why.

13 hours ago, imhoooked said:

Hi, I agree with you, it's not that bad, and the effects are pretty good, the General and I used much more cheap CGI, at least the outsides scenes here are really outside. The first episodes was a lil bit confusing due to the flashbacks, but so far it's ok. I'm loving it :) 

LMAO! i watched a few scenes of that drama and I was so weirded out by all the CGI just for simple scenes for people to stand outside in a forest or something.

3 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

the plot is moving fast.. main actress gives birth in episode 10 tomorrow. 

They are not definitely not dragging things out.  I think they really were speeding through things last week because the editing seems to be much better since she entered the Palace too.

1 hour ago, Hapiangle said:

Yea, agree with you. Pretty Li Then I was totally in 2nd lead syndrome. When Yi Mu left, it was so heart breaking.... 

Seeing their interviews and BTS and now I know that DD and ZBB have known each other for years no wonder they we so convincing and had such great chemistry in Pretty Li Huizhen. Their real life relationship seems to be pretty similar except Dilireba seems to be the one who bullies Bin Bin most of the time :D

I've watched ep 9 and 10 :rolleyes: now I'm dying to see the subs, but I deserve this suffering, should've waited rsrsrs what this drama is doing to me? 

Marry someone who looks to you the way YZ looks to Li, god, this man is so sexy :wub:

I'm loosing it? I guess I am hahahaha

52 minutes ago, grainsofrain said:

Are there raws out for episode 7+8 :0?

Yes! You can find it some pages back

1 hour ago, imhoooked said:

I've watched ep 9 and 10 :rolleyes: now I'm dying to see the subs, but I deserve this suffering, should've waited rsrsrs what this drama is doing to me? 

Marry someone who looks to you the way YZ looks to Li, god, this man is so sexy :wub:

I'm loosing it? I guess I am hahahaha

Yes! You can find it some pages back

Not sure how you are able to see eps 9+10 when I have seen eps 7 and 8.... I also have access to weibo and a vietnamese streaming site for eps released same day within one hr of airing time.

I must be the few who doesn't mind -and even like -the actor for Jing Ke. He's definitely handsome and isn't all that bad, though lacks the presence Zhang Bin Bin has. Once our male lead graces the screen, he is quickly forgotten of course  :tongue:

Dilraba and ZBB have proven chemistry and are close friends in real life, but talk about that intensity of their first meetings in the palace as concubine and King!! Then there's those deep stares YZ gives SL that will make just about any sane woman's knees go weak unless you're Li Ji,  for now that is hehe. Add onto that a King as fine as the man Zhang Bin Bin himself and wooo, I'm sooo ready for this push/pulll romance.  Unlike most, I actually enjoyed the few episodes of Jing Ke and GSL and felt sad for SL when she entered the palace, but as soon as her and YZ began though, the sparks was enough to start wildfire even if she hates him very much so at this point. I felt chills when the only time she boldly glared back at him was when she, without hesitation, replied "You're not my king" when he asked her why did she not address him as king like all his concubines ( and everyone else) do. And you know it stung more than he was actually furious, which was just a façade GSL doesn't realize. Being the conflicted man he is, Ying Zheng of course was in pain over hurting the one he loves most. Zhang Bin Bin and his eyes are really everything as they convey it so well. 

I am enjoying the production of this drama so far, the duller colors are a good match for this tragedy tagged romance and the tone of the Qin era. The CG are kept to a minimal minus the ridiculous childhood wallpaper (that's what it reminds me of) which is good. 

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

Not sure how you are able to see eps 9+10 when I have seen eps 7 and 8.... I also have access to weibo and a vietnamese streaming site for eps released same day within one hr of airing time.

Someone posted the raws earlier 

6 hours ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Is she going to has any children with the King?

Good question! I've been waiting for someone to at least open that topic.

5 hours ago, Hapiangle said:

It's a pity if they will not have a child of their own. Since the story is not really following the novel i really hope that they will have one at least.

1 hour ago, chunli123 said:

I got the feeling that this drama will be sad ending... Chinese drama oh chinese drama.. The plot and story is better than korean drama, but why are the ending mostly all of them sad?

Historical dramas rarely have a happy ending. I think it's due to the fact that during that time mostly, especially the royalty, married for power and not because of love.

By the way, i keep refreshing the drama sites for the latest episodes but to no avail! I really can't wait to see the videos with english subs.

Just finished ep 10 earlier today and I'm really loving the chemistry between the leads. I think the cinematography is really nice. There were a few choppy scenes but altogether I'm loving this drama. Yang Mi is really successful with her dramas and her actors/actresses this year. Dilraba and Vin Zhang have great visuals and I like their acting. Best of luck to this drama and hope everyone on this thread will like this drama. 

Archived