[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心

sugarplum892

@areudumborwhat

I watched the video and I can agree in part with it, mainly when she talks about the existence of many drama with Mary Sue lead character where all the man loves her while all the females envy her. Well, it is true, and it can quickly become repetitive. So, the question is, why is there always many people who watch this type of show? 

I'll be honest, I like watching this kind of drama because, in a sense, is satisfying seeing all these capable man falling in love with a woman chasing her. Almost everyone wants to be desired, so why not indulge in this fantasy from time to time in a fictional world? Then, obviously if you watch too many dramas with the same plot, it becomes annoying, but from time to time it is a guilty pleasure.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/08/2017 at 6:28 PM, Hapiangle said:

From the previews, next week's episodes will be very interesting and intense. 

GSL sneaks out the palace with her big brother and tell him that she had actually made up her mind to return to the palace when she sneaks out. I think she just wanted to have a last meet up with JK before she decided to stay in the palace for the rest of her life. She told JK the child's father is YZ (I think she wants JK to give up on her). She returned to the palace and ask for forgiveness from YZ, YZ is so angry and imprison her. 

I can try my best to do some translations and summary if I have extra time... Haha.. I'm a mother busy with 2 young daughters.. 

@Hapiangle: Thank you very much for the translation:heart:  That's a really kind offer if / when you have time :)  Even if it's just the teasers it will be nice to know what is going on.

That summary has me shaking my head at Li Ji <_<.  She sneaks out of the Palace to visit her lover, comes back and expects YZ to just forgive her? I'm not surprised YZ is furious! Her actions are so disrespectful and make her look dishonest and immoral.  I'm sure Ying Zheng can guess who she went to see and given her previous behavior he's probably worried there's going to be another illegitimate child to take responsibility for in a few months time!

And she lies to Jing Ke about his child? I can understand her motives but I don't think it's a good idea. I'm sure he will find out the truth and that's going to be worse than if she was honest on the first place. I mean if he can do basic maths he can probably figure out there's a very high probability the child is his lmao :tongue:!

On 26/08/2017 at 5:03 PM, tintin92 said:

.I'm just waiting for Li Ji to open up to YZ :( he needs some love :D now she is a first rank concubine :) almost on her to way to being an empress. i wonder if they are gonna make her the empress in the drama or not. cause historically YZ had so many concubines and so many kids.

there are some parts where they show Li Ji wearing a red sophisticated dress and she looks so powerful . i wonder if that's her being an empress or not

From what I've read historically Ying Zheng was the only Emperor/King of China to never name an official Empress/Queen so I think the drama won't make her Empress-although she will come pretty close.  Ying Zheng is still very early into his reign and he's very young (about 20-21). We already know he has major trust issues and I guess this story will show why he never named an empress; I'm guessing Li Ji  will break his heart/trust so much that he never allows himself to open up to or allow any woman to get that close to him again. The Drama Panda review for Episode 5 also pointed out the foreshadowing in Ying Zheng's conversation with the minister,Li Si, about cutting what needs to be cut to retain power.

On 26/08/2017 at 8:56 PM, jongski said:

Doesn't matter if it's not a happy ending..as long as GSL end up with YZ, the King!  I'm sorry to those who like JK but, but I actually just ff his scenes.

This! I don't FF his scenes with Gu Nie though because both he and his daughter are badass:D  Obviously I'm biased towards Ying Zheng/ZBB but I think I just don't like the Jing Ke actor's acting so I can't get into his scenes. His voice actor is actually pretty good but you can tell the onscreen actor isn't as talented as the rest of the cast and can't really pull of the moments of strong emotion.  @hello_kathy said in a previous post he needs to work on his facial expressions and I agree.  

On the other hand, so far I really like her other senior brother, Han Sheng's actor and the character.  Now if he was the third part of the love triangle I might feel more conflicted lol!

15 hours ago, Hapiangle said:

From the previews, next week's episodes will be very interesting and intense. 

GSL sneaks out the palace with her big brother and tell him that she had actually made up her mind to return to the palace when she sneaks out. I think she just wanted to have a last meet up with JK before she decided to stay in the palace for the rest of her life. She told JK the child's father is YZ (I think she wants JK to give up on her). She returned to the palace and ask for forgiveness from YZ, YZ is so angry and imprison her. 

I can try my best to do some translations and summary if I have extra time... Haha.. I'm a mother busy with 2 young daughters.. 

thanks a lot for the translation! means a lot! :wub::blush:

The politics side of this drama is a must but it gives me headache so i don't mind it. Anyway, on my fave topic, I really like how YZ talks whenever he is with GL. Not as king but as an ordinary loving man.

1-3.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017-08-27_at_11.14.03_pm.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-08-27_at_11.13.32_pm.pn

I can't wait to see her warm up to him. :)

4 hours ago, tudorrose said:

The politics side of this drama is a must but it gives me headache so i don't mind it. Anyway, on my fave topic, I really like how YZ talks whenever he is with GL. Not as king but as an ordinary loving man.

I can't wait to see her warm up to him. :)

Agree and the way he looks at her most of the time.  He really opens himself up and makes himself vulnerable with her in a way he doesn't with anyone else. I wonder what will change her attitude towards him?

Drama Panda Episode 8 recap is up: 

Episode 8 recap: http://www.dramapanda.com/2017/08/the-kings-woman-episode-8-recap.html

16 hours ago, raziela said:

Agree and the way he looks at her most of the time.  He really opens himself up and makes himself vulnerable with her in a way he doesn't with anyone else. I wonder what will change her attitude towards him?

In addition, when YZ looks at GL, it's as if she is the only thing that he see. Also, i really like how YZ's brows meet when he is talking to her.

Since her child is the most important to her now, I am thinking YZ's attitude towards MT.

She is saying that she will never love him but we are human beings and i know that she will learn to love him.

Dramas like this make me glad Soompi exists, it's so much fun to read everyone's thoughts and feelings so far. It's been a long time since I was really into a drama so I'm very excited, can't wait to see what comes next!

P.S Am I the only one that was freaking out about that 'date' kiss?? I didn't see anyone mention it! XD

Just watched this drama like 3days ago, and I'm hooked, especially with Ying Zheng caracter (Thumb ups to Zhang Bin Bin), Just read here that this is his first lead male role, WOW! go get that more lead male roles Bin Bin

.tumblr_ou435gcbVA1w626woo9_r1_400.giftumblr_ou45cjpTYb1w626woo5_400.gif

LBMOMZ9.gif

:blush:

12 hours ago, DaniaH said:

Just watched this drama like 3days ago, and I'm hooked, especially with Ying Zheng caracter (Thumb ups to Zhang Bin Bin), Just read here that this is his first lead male role, WOW! go get that more lead male roles Bin Bin

Yeah. terrific acting ZBB. Hopefully a modern drama next year? But first He's going to have another drama with DD but I think that's for 2018. I forgot the title but just look for the thread. I know I'm gonna see y'all there, right?  My eyes poppin' with hearts with that vin post <3

On 8/24/2017 at 9:51 AM, Sophia Dreith said:

I'm glad this drama is trying now things and not doing the ""wholesome/fairytale" romance mold" as you put it, but I wish it had taken it a step further. I honestly love that she's pregnant with another man's baby before she get's there. It tells Ying Zheng exactly where he stands with her without her even having to say anything. And you're right, he's going to be so taken with that baby that he's going to dote on the boy and eventually parley that good will into trying to get a second baby from her(and all that entails ;P)

I am enjoying this drama.  I love the fact that Ying Zheng is not portrayed as a one dimensional king, but that he can be soft and tender, be brutal on the battlefield and  technically advanced in bringing the country together.

I read up on the real king and many of his ideas were groundbreaking such as using the assembly line technique to make weapons, establishing a common currency and language,  and establishing a standard weight and measure system.  All of these measures helped to bring the four warring states together as one.  Therefore, was Ying Zheng a brute or was he a visionary, who used force to bring about his dream?  Showing the gentle side of Ying Zheng, in the middle of chaos, attempted coups and assassination attempts, that  a woman could hold his heart is a brilliant way to tell this story.    I also loved the fact that he was reluctant to kill his half brother, but reminded his brother of their past friendship by singing a childhood song. It was a moving, yet sad scene, because in that moment, his half brother remembered their bond, but for both it was too late and they both grieved because they could never get back what was lost.  

Great story, I cannot wait for today's installment.   I really cannot wait until Sun Li falls in love with the emperor, before each episode, I am wondering is this the one where they get together.

After watching the previews I think she starts to open her heart in ep 20, realise how caring YZ towards her. 

Found bts with eng sub :)

THE KING'S WOMAN 秦时丽人明月心 | Starring Dilraba Dilmurat and Zhang Bin Bin!:

I just finished ep 12 and 13. I want more... more episodes with sub! I practically didn't want to end Ep 13 because I want to watch more.  I'm not saying I'm obsessed with this drama but that's exactly what I'm saying.  Terrific acting by Vin Zang Bin Bin as ruthless domineering possessive powerful king. of Qin state. Depp inside though he's a hurt sad lonley young king. But of course he doesn't show this to anyone but we feel it.  GSL left the palace because Senior Ha brainwashing her telling GSL if she stays he'll be forever lock in Qin and if she's the apple of the eye anymore, something dangerous will happen to her and to Tian Ming. Why did you leave the King GSL?!!  I'm....

How can she leave her son! Wonder what YZ reaction will be...

I was going to watch this when all episodes has been sub ( just as I did with PA) but the sub for this is quicker, I guess so I'm able to watch in matter of 4-5 days. So yeah, thanks to fan subs and (procrastinator?) whoever is  patiently subbing the drama.  It's a lot of timing and patience so thumbs up to them.

I'll be waiting for the sub 14-20

I too finished watching 13 & 14 and it is getting better. The King is such an pitiful man! From my view, the king only wanted to live a normal life until the mom brought him into the kingdom. He's just an example of GSL. I hope that as we get into the drama in these 20th episodes that she start to realize he is just like her. Not living in the kingdom by choice but by force. 

GSL should learn to love the king more because like he said only he is the only person who can protect her and her child from another man. 

I hope that as the episodes develops that she will eventually end up having his child whether it's a boy or girl. Just have a kid with the king LOL. But I doubt so because from the opening scenes there is a scene where she was wearing a red gown holding a dagger or sword and aiming at someone. I hope this isn't a last scene where she decided to kill the king. Urgh!! 

I wish more people would pick up this drama and sub it. The subbing is truly slow because no one is picking up this drama. If only I know how to speak and read chinese I would contribute my time to sub it to eng. 

Archived