[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, PUNG said:

Do you mean shuang shi chong fei? It's available on viki and youtube. Just type in The Eternal love eng subs and it should come up.

Yeah. Oh thank you very much! :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone here read the novel? I know it doesn't have a happy ending. I want to know where the story ends. Is it where everybody dies? I want to watch this drama, but I think I will wait until it finishes airing. I'm still traumatised by Princess Agents ending. It was my first on-going drama but the ending really has left me very disappointed. 

is anyone know where can i read the novel translation for this drama? I still in trauma after watching princess agent's cliffhanger ending. hopefully it's gonna be happy ending after Dilraba and Vin Zhang have their un-happy ending in Pretty Li Hui Zhen. Please make this one happy ending. thank you

As far as I know, the drama is not fully based on the novel and the drama has shifted the storyline to Ying Zheng. The novel main character is Jing Ke not Ying Zheng. And the novel has 8 books which covers until the 2nd generation of Jing Ke (Gong Sun Li and Jing Ke's son). 

Based on the novel, Jing Ke and Gong Sun Li both die in the mission of killing Ying Zheng. So, I think we can't really know the drama ending base on the novel because the storyline is different...

I finally got the chance to watch episode 1.. it was extremely chopping and the editing was terrible. At least there were some good fighting scenes. I am going to give it another 5-6 episodes before making a call. Normally I give new dramas a chance before ending it.

32 minutes ago, Hapiangle said:

As far as I know, the drama is not fully based on the novel and the drama has shifted the storyline to Ying Zheng. The novel main character is Jing Ke not Ying Zheng. And the novel has 8 books which covers until the 2nd generation of Jing Ke (Gong Sun Li and Jing Ke's son). 

Based on the novel, Jing Ke and Gong Sun Li both die in the mission of killing Ying Zheng. So, I think we can't really know the drama ending base on the novel because the storyline is different...

You are correct. It seems like Ying Zheng is the main male character so far. But then again, often times the drama adaptation this year has not been staying true to the novel especially with open endings.. must be a trend this year to make more money later on when season 2 or 3 is produced.

On 14/08/2017 at 11:28 PM, meifang89 said:

Gah! They're so cute!  :heart:

Thanks for posting they are so funny and adorable together! I didn't realise they had known each other for so long. No wonder they are so natural onscreen together.^_^  I hope we can get more translations as I really want to know what they are saying

On 15/08/2017 at 1:29 AM, Hapiangle said:

Oh yeah! I found this thread... Watched the episodes 1 and 2, very interesting storyline!! I will continue to follow this drama :D

Btw, I just want to say, the title of this drama is 秦时丽人明月心。The first word is 'qin' 秦, not 'tai' 泰。Can someone help to change the title of this thread?

@Hapiangle  What does the title mean in English please?  From Google Translate it seems to be something like Qin Shining Moon Heart?

21 hours ago, meifang89 said:

Alright she get into the palace! Thank goodness that happen fast. 

Good thing they didn't drag it out.  I think they are speeding through the opening episodes until the King's and Li's storylines merge and she is in the Palace because they know people are really looking forward to Li Ji going into palace, wearing beautiful clothes and the push and pull romance to start between her and our Emperor and lthe palace drama B)

19 hours ago, meifang89 said:

Thanks for the behind the scenes videos.  Cute they are still having fun even when working hard.

6 hours ago, shellie_gal said:

OMG! DramaFever also picked this up! So excited. I love that they're starting to get a lot of Chinese dramas. 

https://www.dramafever.com/drama/5103/The_King's_Woman_-_秦时丽人明月心/

I'm surprised viki AND dramafever have picked this up.  I thought it was usually one or the other but this is good as more people will have access to subs this way.

On 14/08/2017 at 11:21 PM, meifang89 said:

Thanks for the unsubbed episodes. I'm waiting for more episodes to be subbed before I start watching so I can actually understand what's going on but I've watched some clips and it looks great so far.

4 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

I finally got the chance to watch episode 1.. it was extremely chopping and the editing was terrible. At least there were some good fighting scenes. I am going to give it another 5-6 episodes before making a call. Normally I give new dramas a chance before ending it.

I agree about the editing from the bits I've watched.  It is really abrupt between the two storylines but I think they are speeding through the introductory set-up episodes until the King's and Li's storylines merge and she is in the Palace because they know people are anticipating Li Ji entering the palace as that's where the real story and romance takes hold.  Aside from the editing from what I've seen I'm impressed with the acting and directing and the costumes and sets are wonderful.

I was impressed by the fight scenes too.  They are very well choreographed and shot and remind me of more classic martial arts films and dramas.

29 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for posting they are so funny and adorable together! I didn't realise they had known each other for so long. No wonder they are so natural onscreen together.^_^  I hope we can get more translations as I really want to know what they are saying

31 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for the unsubbed episodes. I'm waiting for more episodes to be subbed before I start watching so I can actually understand what's going on but I've watched some clips and it looks great so far.

You're welcome. I've been searching but still no other translation. I want to know too. I found eng subbed ep 1&2 in dramacool site :)

33 minutes ago, raziela said:

Good thing they didn't drag it out.  I think they are speeding through the opening episodes until the King's and Li's storylines merge and she is in the Palace because they know people are really looking forward to Li Ji going into palace, wearing beautiful clothes and the push and pull romance to start between her and our Emperor and lthe palace drama B)

Yeah. I like speedy plot and good for us the production team realised that. Now the things will get spicy, can't wait for their romantic scenes :D

1 hour ago, raziela said:

@Hapiangle  What does the title mean in English please?  From Google Translate it seems to be something like Qin Shining Moon Heart?

From my interpretion from the title, I would understand it means something like 'the pure heart of Gong Sun Li (Li Ji) in Qing dynasty'. 

The title of this drama initially was Li Ji zhuan, means Legend of Li Ji. Somehow they changed it. 

watched the first episode. not that impressing but guess i have to wait :) the trailers seem so interesting and i love the king so far:D

i have a feeling that this one will also have an open ending since those in charge are so greedy and are always looking for a way to make more money out of a drama which is awful <_<

11 hours ago, raziela said:

Thanks for the behind the scenes videos.  Cute they are still having fun even when working hard.

I'm surprised viki AND dramafever have picked this up.  I thought it was usually one or the other but this is good as more people will have access to subs this way.

I agree about the editing from the bits I've watched.  It is really abrupt between the two storylines but I think they are speeding through the introductory set-up episodes until the King's and Li's storylines merge and she is in the Palace because they know people are anticipating Li Ji entering the palace as that's where the real story and romance takes hold.  Aside from the editing from what I've seen I'm impressed with the acting and directing and the costumes and sets are wonderful.

I was impressed by the fight scenes too.  They are very well choreographed and shot and remind me of more classic martial arts films and dramas.

Yes! Producers had go insert the "childhood friends" plot as well. Of course and the main lead has been waiting for our leading lady. xD 

Something also tells me the chancellor is his actual dad. In episode one he almost gave it away but of course the story must build on. It is quit sickening his mother slept with many of the political figures. She must be so lonely and hungry, bahaha

4 hours ago, tintin92 said:

watched the first episode. not that impressing but guess i have to wait :) the trailers seem so interesting and i love the king so far:D

i have a feeling that this one will also have an open ending since those in charge are so greedy and are always looking for a way to make more money out of a drama which is awful <_<

Normally the pilot episode pulls me in like Princess Agents and General and I, however this one you might need to give it some time. Episode 2 got better though

Childhood love is yet again the easy way out in explaining the early and deep infatuation the main male has for the girl. It works, but an overused trope as some of you mentioned. 

Tho Dilraba and Zhang Bin Bin are the OTP, can't help but also root for her and Jing Ke early on despite knowing how it will work out. She may be "fated" to be with Ying Zheng, but GSL and Jing Ke are right for one another 

Archived