[Drama 2018] Mother, 마더

tompark

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the vibe that the trailers are giving off. Also, the cinematography and music seem to be top-notch, as expected for a tvN production.

Does anyone know if this will be shown on Viki or DramaFever?

Otherwise, where can an international viewer watch this?

@titania1000  Thanks, I’ll check out Netflix. Hopefully they will have it.

I have been relying on mostly Viki and DramaFever to get my fix of Korean dramas, but lately those 2 sites have missed out on quite a few new dramas.

I can’t miss out on Mother, no matter what :) 

personally I dont see this as an international hit , its a remake and not the usual stuff for kdrama fans  , I am curious about the korean reaction to a drama with a female cast ...and to the topic since korean audience and the Japanese ones are different , the Japanese drama tend to be more realistic than just  entertainment .

Lee Bo-young / Photo = Hwi Sun Kim

lby is weeping already :bawling:

she says

I chose this work because of feeling responsibility , and not because of viewership 

when she saw the topic about abused children , she felt she had to do it 

she also say.....

this work will not be entertaining or will have audience rating , its about the responsibility 

@Tango27  LBY still looks gorgeous even with the short hair...

I really admire her for taking on a project that may not be a big commercial hit just because she believes in a cause and wants to lend her support by bringing more public awareness to it.

I hope this drama is good and well written. As mentioned previous pages. I underwhelmed with tvN previous jdrama version for The Liar and his Lover (unlike JTBC versiong Solomon's Perjury..w/c was good). I'm going to watch this. Omg.. this will be one weeping drama from the looks of it. I guess for LBY, when one becomes a mother, you choose roles which  is closer to your heart and story plot in which social responsibility and awareness can transcend to the viewers. But still have that great kdrama style.  Demographics for this drama,  likely  mature viewers, wives and mothers.

Thanks for the presscon updates. Much appreciated.

@Tango27  Thanks for posting that video, it is so good!

Without proper sub-titles, I don't really understand what the characters were saying, but I became so emotionally invested already.

I think this has the potential to be ranked among the best dramas that I've seen.

Archived