[Drama 2018] Mother, 마더

tompark

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@Latte_Anyday....  
I have gotten some clips of her other drama's. I believe this role she is supposed to be awkward and cold. A persone learning to be a mom, learning to think of someone else besides herself. 

Now here are her other drama's 

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like you have found some very early works of LBY. What is the name of the drama that the first clip was taken from? I've been looking for some of her early works to watch (since I've seen all of her more recent dramas).

I do think, though, that LBY is like a fine wine: she has gotten even better, and more attractive, with age.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jfritz09 said:

Looks like you have found some very early works of LBY. What is the name of the drama that the first clip was taken from? I've been looking for some of her early works to watch (since I've seen all of her more recent dramas).

I do think, though, that LBY is like a fine wine: she has gotten even better, and more attractive, with age.

have you seen ... Ballad of Seodong thats what I recommend even though its  long

Image result for seo dong yo

@Tango27

Yes, I have been looking for the Ballad of Seodong for a long time. I have seen bits and pieces of it on YouTube, but I want to watch it properly, in full-screen mode and with good sub-titles. I was looking to buy a DVD set with English sub-titles, but haven’t had any luck so far in finding one.

I found this very good MV for Ballad of Seodong (love the music!) 

can someone explain the part were they are in the car with the woman who scammed them with the passport. So the lady behind them got her organs sold ? or what did she meant that they had to run away before their body became useless like hers did the woman plan to sold them or what?

1 hour ago, Leejea Jin said:

can someone explain the part were they are in the car with the woman who scammed them with the passport. So the lady behind them got her organs sold ? or what did she meant that they had to run away before their body became useless like hers did the woman plan to sold them or what?

yes ... they are human trafficking gang... and the girl seems to  be one of the victims that they keep for sexual slavery or something .

K-Drama Reaction: Mother | Episode 1

27651055_10160457185250112_973328386_o-1
Date: January 30, 2018 Author: busyahjussi

Mother is a remake of a critically acclaimed Japanese drama of the same title. Before watching the show, I did do a little research but tried not to know much details or it might end up spoiling the fun–or the tears rather. There were lots of good reviews for the original one, that it really raised my expectations–and yes, the pilot episode delivered!

27536006_10160457184850112_1870643761_o-2.png?w=616

Blood is not always thicker than water

The main story of Mother revolves around the cold, substitute teacher Soo-jin (Lee Bo-young) and her student Hye-na (Heo Yool), who’s experiencing abuse in the hands of her mother (Go Sung-hee) and her partner (Son Seok-koo). The first episode depicted various maltreatment Hye-na was suffering from and the unexpected strength she has to be able to endure it. There were a lot of heartbreaking scenes like seeing the Hye-na sleep inside a stroller to hide from her stepdad as well as her being put in a garbage bag and thrown outside the house. There were disturbing scenes as well like her stepdad choking her, threatening to kill her, and the show hinting a possible sexual assault. But what really made me cry was the scene at the beach between Soo-ji and Hye-na. All throughout the episode, Hye-na said a lot of times Heaven is not existent, but upon seeing the migratory birds fly, she ran after them and called on them to take her with them, take her far, far away–to Heaven.

More: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/k-drama-reaction-mother-episode-1/

K-Drama Reaction: Mother | Episode 2

img_20180131_142841.jpg?w=816
Date: January 31, 2018 Author: busyahjussi 

The deal was sealed and it’s now time to execute the ‘perfect crime.’ It was clever that Soo-jin (Lee Bo-young) and Hye-na (Heo Yool) came up with a way to mislead people into believing that she might have drowned in the waters by leaving some of her things around the area. I was first confused when she tore up pages of her notebook where she’s written names of Hye-na and  Lee Won-hee, the other kid she said was killed by her mom’s partner, but apparently, that’s to eliminate potential evidence to the kidnapping. Soo-jin even asked Hye-na to use a different name (Yoon-bok) so they would avoid detection as news around her disappearance make it to the news.

Full text: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/01/31/k-drama-reaction-mother-episode-2/

Great episode again. What I really love about this drama, and the third episode showcased it very well, is the dramas ability to calmly tell its story. It's doesn't make any unnecessary actions, it's so quiet and tells you a story. The end gave me goosebumps again, the scene with the music in the back is just so well done from an atmosphere pov.

Not every episode has to be full of drama and chasing, it just tells you a story and drags you in.

I really like that. We learned a lot about SJ past today and I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Episode 3 is another strong episode. The acting continues to be very realistic and solid across the board (even the supporting actors are great - I will touch on that more later), and follows more of what I think of as the Chungmuro style of acting (with more realism and restraint) than the typical drama-style acting. The cinematography continues to impress: every scene is shot beautifully (for example, the scene with Soo-jin in the prayer room).

The little girl playing the young Soo-jin is very good, and she is so cute. How heartbreaking it is to see a girl like that being tied to a post with a bicycle lock as if she were a mere object, and by her biological mother no less! I think that Soo-jin must have gone through some abuse that was just as horrific as what Hye-Na went through (as Soo-jin said, her body was covered with injuries when Miss Clara first took her in).

The actress playing the present-day version of Miss Clara is very good as well. Her farewell to Soo-jin and Hye-Na is another emotional highlight of this show, which has a lot of them. This drama is showing that it is willing to tackle other societal issues besides child abuse as well, such as the neglect of the elderly and the disabled.

The topic of abandonment was approached from another angle: Soo-jin and Hye-Na, who were both victims of it, had to consider abandoning the helpless Miss Clara because of the desperate circumstances that they found themselves in.

Finally, some more random thoughts on this episode:

. What is the story with the woman in the barbershop? The look on her face when she saw Soo-jin and Hye-Na was hard for me to decipher. It seemed to me that she recognized them, and was very uncomfortable. Could she be Soo-jin's biological mother by any chance?

. I am glad that Soo-jin's "admirer" from the lab was able to place a GPS tracker on the bad "Uncle"'s truck. He can warn her in case this villain gets close to her and Hye-Na (I hope). It is about time that Soo-jin gets some help from someone on her perilous journey.

its still going strong and keeps the subtle touch, its like watching a long meditating film....

however this is already nothing like any kdrama and is paying through the ratings which scored the lowest so far, possibly 12 ep were enough .

very few ppl are watching but its getting universal acclaim at least.

I agree @jfritz09 I think the female barber could be Soojin's bio Mom. 

I was moved by Miss Clara's plight as I have a loved one struggling with a form of mental instability, the actress who plays her has actually played a similar role in another drama as well. Really glad that Soojin's work colleague didn't reveal of her whereabouts. Am now curious to find out what were the contents in that package sent to that homeroom teacher! God the suspense is killing me I swear LoL!:tongue: Can't say I'm thrilled with both Hyena's Mom & her dirtbag Oppa's reactions tsk. tsk.<_< That her Mom would actually care of how the online comments over her child's welfare is WOW:wacko: I have no words. 

I first thought Soojin was being foolish for doing something so out of character as to kidnap a child while placing her own life at risk. The drama goes to great lengths to show she enjoys a life of solitude and has a dislike of children, so for her to reach out to Hyena was odd...but now it's revealed that they both share many similarities and perhaps that's why Soojin was so drawn to Hyena. 

It's now interesting with her stepmom getting into the picture - would this impede Hyena & Soojin's plans of freedom? I hope not.   

Archived