[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

Late post for Eng translation of Korean news:

[Exclusive] Kim Min-jae has been confirmed to star in “While You were Sleeping”, cooperating with Lee Jong-suk as his brother.

16472827_1233084460060935_3779558020656041745_n.jpg?oh=3eb82de90b11f1c2ddc81d2ec19ee9b7&oe=590872CA

Actor Kim Min-jae has been confirmed to star in SBS's “While You were Sleeping” (director: Oh Choon-hwan, writer: Park Hye-ryun)

According to the news from related staff, Kim Min-jae has beem confirmed to star in “While You were Sleeping”.

“While You Were Sleeping” tells a story between a girl (acted by Suzy) who can foresee the misfortunes and a prosecutor(acted by Lee Jong-suk) who tries his best to prevent the adversity.

The drama is the result of the cooperation between Park Hye-ryun, writer of “I Can Hear Your Voice” and “Pinocchio” and Oh Choon-hwan, director of “Doctors”. After Lee Jong-suk, Suzy, Jung Hae-in and Lee Sang-yeob, Kim Min-jae has been confirmed to star in the drama.

Kim Min-jae will star as LeeJong-suk's younger brother, whom like his brother, is handsome and also a man of uprightness. He is a charming high school boy who lives with his brother. He likes doing housework and actually does a good it well. Although his dream was to be a policeman like his father, he failed because of his grades. .

Actors of “While You Were Sleeping” will practise their scripts at the end of this month and start shooting from next month with complete pre-making. It's estimated to be broadcasted in the second half of the year.

EastAsia reporter:projecthong@donga.com Hong Se-yeong

News link: http://t.cn/RxPxJRt

Translated by: @Faith0639

Proofread by:@Joanna5959

Cr: Lee Jong Suk_JShine Fanclub

• Like 3

Just now, irenetan said:
Per owner's request, pls do not repost this. I think it's alright for me to post this here (??) since I'm only posting the link.

As per owner's request, I guess it's better if we're not posting the trans here for now. Let's respect the original translator's request. We can post them here if we get permission from the original translator. I found the original translator's account and now i'm waiting for the reply and permission from her; i'm asking if i can put her translation here.

• Like 4

I got permission from the original translator (@suzylegacy) that it can be only posted here in Soompi. I already updated the first post with this translation. PLEASE DO NOT REPOST or UPLOAD this translation anywhere. Please respect the original translator's request. All credits to @suzylegacy

C35pco4WEAAbfid.jpg&key=a4058dd02ae7fe33

C350eEdVMAAPtvU.jpg

• Like 4

[Hot Takes from the Noonas] While You Were Sleeping releases character summaries and synopsis

photo816404.jpg

The new drama starring Lee Jong-suk and Suzy, "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" starts filming this month. To build anticipation, details about their characters and the story were released.

Lee Jong-suk will play a criminal prosecutor who is blunt and stone-faced. His antisocial nature allows him to assess cases with emotional detachment, which makes him professionally lauded.

Suzy will play homely by wearing glasses and a ponytail. Her character spends a lot of time housebound yet fails to maintain good housekeeping. She is sensitive about being unemployed, and will fly into a rage if it is pointed out.

Finally, second male lead, Lee Sang-yeob is a former award-winning prosecutor who is now a well-paid criminal lawyer.

he released synopsis for "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" is less concrete than the character profiles. It seems that the characters will struggle to change the future in spite of the odds. Earlier character profiles indicated that Suzy's character can foresee accidents in her dreams. Lee Jong-suk's character uses the information to try and stop them from happening.

Lee Jong-suk and Suzy have frequently collaborated in advertising campaigns, so it has been proven that they are quite cute while eating fried chicken or performing on a stage together. It has yet to be seen what kind of chemistry the two actors generate in a more dramatic setting where lives are at stake.

Both of the leads appear to be playing against type. It seems like a waste to stick an actor known for his flirty charm like Lee Jong-suk in a role that will force him to be emotionless. Hopefully, some of the scenarios exposing the character's lack of social skills will be played for laughs, because Lee Jong-suk is a skilled comedic actor.

I find it annoying when dramas cast someone as pretty as Suzy then think that sticking her in glasses and a ponytail will make her believably unattractive. Let's hope Suzy does not play her character too broadly and turn her into a caricature that will make the female lead hard for viewers to relate to.

Source: http://www.hancinema.net/hot-takes-from-the-noonas-while-you-were-sleeping-releases-character-summaries-and-synopsis-103011.html

• Like 1

이영애·지성에 이보영·이종석까지, SBS 美친 라인업

>> Lee Young Ae - Ji Sung - Lee Bo Young - Lee Jong Suk, SBS 'beauty' line-up

201702071213770810_58993bb3ca720_99_2017

-only translating Lee Jong Suk's part-

* Lee Jong Suk's "While You Were Sleeping"

Lee Jong Suk is responsible for the SBS drama in the second half of this year. "While you Were Sleeping" will be Park Hye Ryun's comeback drama after 2 years. "While You Were Sleeping" tells about a woman who can see unfortunate events in her dreams and a prosecutor who does everything he can to prevent that dream from coming true.

In his previous works, Lee Jong Suk plays a character who can read other people's mind when he sees their eyes, next he plays a journalist with good memories. Then he receives a lot of loves from viewers after he plays the character in his latest drama - a perfect man who ripped out of webtoon. This time, people look forward to Lee Jong Suk's "prosecutor story".

Moreover, people are interested to find out if Park Hye Ryun can create a hit drama for the third time following "I Can Hear your Voice" and "Pinocchio". 

"Doctors" PD Oh Chung Hwan will be PD-nim for "While You Were Sleeping" starring Lee Jong Suk, Suzy, Lee Sang Yeob, Jung Hae In, Go Seung Hee. It will be a 100% pre-produced drama and it will start filming in February. It will be released on the second half of this year.

source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003474752

Trans by @ilwoo_aein <please credit me if you take out the translation. Thank you>

• Like 9