[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

Those who worry about Suzy's acting should rather worry about writing of the characters & the plot, and also of the directing/editing.
This is honestly the two most important factors for a good drama.
I trust Park Hae Ryun for writing a good plot and good characters (I hope she'll not disappoint me). Though, I don't know much about the director, and that's what worries me the most. :(

About Suzy, her acting is fine & she improved a lot since her Dream High days.
She isn't an amazing/great actress but she's not bad either, she's fine and she improves with every project.
People tend to confuse "acting" with "character" too much. Her acting in UF was definitely better than in DH & in all her other dramas. In DH, her character was well written and very likeable, which is why some people think that her acting was better in DH but in fact, her acting was better in UF. In UF, she was really fine but her character was badly written and not really likeable (it was the real problem imo). In the first half of the drama, her character was too annoying and in the second half of the drama, her character was way too pitiful but overall, her acting was fine, she is not bad at all. She had some 'awkward' moment in the drama (like her drunk scene for example) but overall, she did fine. And her acting in her movie Dorihwaga was pretty good, it was the best acting she's shown since her debut imo.

Anyway, Suzy will certainly get a lot of hate even though she does well.
She has many haters who are willing to put her down at every opportunity. As for the first episode of UF, her haters left hateful comments before she even appeared in the episode. I'm pretty sure they'll do the same for the first episode of WYWS.^^

I really hope that her character in WYWS will be better written and more interesting than her character in UF.
I also hope that LJS fans will be indulgent and nice with her, just as many KWB fans have been. Although I have already seen some LJS fans bash/hate Suzy a lot on Twitter, OH and other sites but I don't want to generalize, so I'm waiting to see how will be his fans during the airing of the drama.

Sorry for the long post. Have a nice day guys. :)

• Like 8

I am truly excited about this new drama of Sukkie that I started not minding that it's Suzy who is the lead girl. @ilwoo_aein only Sukkie can lure me from my hybernation.  Will be back in full force once I'm all okay.

@Rania Zeid yes chingu we will support as always all Sukkie's projects... :) and I know that you will be our number source of everything Sukkie so we will be counting on you and @ilwoo_aein.

@stargazer187 and @evie7 two of my fave chingus are here too so  I am happy to be on board.  I'm still recuperating and keeping away from soompi.  It's only now that I am able to post.  I am following these forum so I can keep track of the latest updates.   PHR is amazing and so is Sukkie and their tandem had been tested and proven.  I know we won't be disappointed.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, nonski said:

PHR is amazing and so is Sukkie and their tandem had been tested and proven.  I know we won't be disappointed.

PHR and LJS are just gold chingu. This is my most anticipated drama of 2017. The fact that it's LJS's new drama would have placed it # 1 anyway but being in a PHR drama is just the icing on the cake. Get plenty of rest my friend so we can spazz together!

• Like 3

I hope people stop saying "not happy Suzy is lead" in this thread. and vice versa.

Of course each person has own opinion/fav, but no need to mentioned that in this official thread since both of them are now confirmed. Don"t forget each fans visit this thread, so let give some respect and keep atmosphere nice.

Btw, I just can't wait the news for second leads. Hope we will hear more update soon :)

• Like 6

On 12/17/2016 at 7:22 AM, Bara Tresna said:

still no news update huhuhu:cold_sweat: i can't wait to see their chemistry in small screen....

It probably is going to be quiet for a while. Hopefully things will pick up after the New Year!

crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif @an-naum Hello chingu happy that you will be joining us. I'm sure when it gets closer to airing that we will see more familiar faces from the W thread.

• Like 5

guys... someone said in Asianwiki about new plot. if you want know just search. just one question is that true?

Kim:  Newsss!!!!!!!! New plot:a woman can see the future(suzy) will change into a prosecutor to prove his loving prosecutor was innocent after an incident involved prosecutor(jongsuk)...while the prosecutor running away rather than proving him innocence cause of something precious than can harm it...after years the main lead become a famous thief

another said 

Jjang: News update 1.the story will be crime going on story-base with police,attorney and more cause main support lead is a high ranking policeman and policewoman.

2.love triangle and love hate relationship(after the male lead become a famous thief)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bara Tresna said:

guys... someone said in Asianwiki about new plot. if you want know just search. just one question is that true?

Kim:  Newsss!!!!!!!! New plot:a woman can see the future(suzy) will change into a prosecutor to prove his loving prosecutor was innocent after an incident involved prosecutor(jongsuk)...while the prosecutor running away rather than proving him innocence cause of something precious than can harm it...after years the main lead become a famous thief

another said 

Jjang: News update 1.the story will be crime going on story-base with police,attorney and more cause main support lead is a high ranking policeman and policewoman.

2.love triangle and love hate relationship(after the male lead become a famous thief)

I've seen these comments too, but I also wonder what their sources are? How do they know that? and if it's true or not?... Because I haven't seen any news about that...

• Like 4

[Fan-edit] LJS and Suzy for "While You Are Sleeping" by HEEZROLY

C0Vqx7NVIAAeXNs.png

@nonski Ilwoo enlisted early December and i'm so sad that i can not see him for the next 2 years. I'm happy that i know Sukkie because now he's the one who can feel the emptiness in me after Ilwoo's enlistment into army. I have faith that "While You Were Sleeping" will be a hit drama in 2017 because of its interesting plot and story. LJS and writer Park Hye Ryun in it and i believe JS and Suzy will show us their great chemistry. Anyway, get well soon chingu *hugs*

• Like 6

On 22/12/2016 at 8:50 PM, didi31 said:

I've seen these comments too, but I also wonder what their sources are? How do they know that? and if it's true or not?... Because I haven't seen any news about that...

We will wait SBS news. I think the script is in the process, it can change all any time.

• Like 4

Ohhhhhh, so this must be the new drama of LJS and Suzy that I've heard some people talking about. I first found out about this when I read someone commenting that LJS sent a cart over to Lee Minho's shooting of LOTBS. He's prolly trying to break some ice since he will be staring with Suzy in the near future hahaha

This is from the writer of "Pinochio". There are only a handful of Kdramas that I like and I must say that I just loved that drama to bits. I'm excited how this will play out

LJS a great actor. There is no doubt about that. I don't have any issues with Suzy as the leading girl, tbh. She might be a singer, but just because she sings, doesn't mean she can't act. Everybody has to start at some point in time

I know I will be lurking here from time to time haha

*clicks follow* :)

• Like 7

My heart so hard to think about this
I like writer and LJK, but the director and Suzy just meh..
So i will try the first eps, but keeps low expectation.
So many strange line-up dramas in 2017, which inclued someone I like and someone I dislike (For example Ruler: which I like Kim So Hyun but dislike Yoo Seung Ho, and I think i the only one think that)

• Like 2

On 12/24/2016 at 0:09 PM, ilwoo_aein said:

[Fan-edit] LJS and Suzy for "While You Are Sleeping" by HEEZROLY

@nonski Ilwoo enlisted early December and i'm so sad that i can not see him for the next 2 years. I'm happy that i know Sukkie because now he's the one who can feel the emptiness in me after Ilwoo's enlistment into army. I have faith that "While You Were Sleeping" will be a hit drama in 2017 because of its interesting plot and story. LJS and writer Park Hye Ryun in it and i believe he and Suzy will show us their great chemistry. Anyway, get well soon chingu *hugs*

yes i am hoping chingu that it will be a great drama... taking into consideration LJS and PHR :)

btw, off topic but why is ilwoo enlisting when he is sick and i thought he and LMH will go together

• Like 3

5 Highly Anticipated Dramas Airing In 2017

The end of 2016 has been marked by fantasy-romance dramas like “Goblin” and “The Legend of the Blue Sea” from heavy-hitting actors and writers. As the year draws to a close, however, the beginning of 2017 is also promisingly full of pre-productions and big-name actors that we can look forward to.

- skip the unrelated-

“While You Were Asleep”

lee jong suk suzy

“While You Were Asleep” (working title) is written by Park Hye Ryun, the writer of hits such as “I Hear Your Voice” and “Pinocchio.” Another SBS production, Park Hye Ryun reunites with Lee Jong Suk and teams up with Suzy in this drama about a woman who can foresee unfortunate events in her dreams and a prosecutor who works to prevent those dreams from coming true.

“While You Were Asleep” is directed by Oh Choong Hwan, who has previously worked on “Doctors” and “My Love From the Star.”

-skip the unrelated-

source: https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/25/5-highly-anticipated-dramas-airing-2017/

• Like 6

20 hours ago, nonski said:

yes i am hoping chingu that it will be a great drama... taking into consideration LJS and PHR :)

btw, off topic but why is ilwoo enlisting when he is sick and i thought he and LMH will go together

@nonski long before the news (about LJS confirmed for this drama) released, i've always wanted to watch a K-drama where one of the main characters can see the future. Back then I even think about creating my own fan-fiction hahaha...I was thinking about creating a female character who can see the future of anyone that touch her hands or shakes hands with her. I never thought that my dream is coming true! Feels like Park Hye Ryun can read my mind and granted my wish hahaha...By the way, off topic, I guess Ilwoo is just trying to be a good citizen. Showing his responsibility as a true Korean man despite his sickness. I believe at first he and Minho are supposed to go together but now they can not go together because Minho is still filming his drama "Legend of Blue Sea" :)

Looking forward to see amazing chemistry between these two :) 

C0NlCMPUkAAS46N.jpg

• Like 8