[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

5 hours ago, carolinedl said:

That's really interesting. But doesn't WT changes the future as well? By deciding to go to the tower right away when he sees JC running, by not inviting his coworker but inviting JC to the restaurant? These are small changes but they are changes which have bigger consequences. I actually do wonder if WT and HJ are only somehow of facilitators for JC changes but I also feel that they have made choices as well - HJ pulling the fire alarm, WT choosing to invite JC, etc. I do feel like changes are only possible now that HJ is not alone anymore. No?

But JC need to be there but they don't need to be.

At the restaurant he gave JC an oportunity but he didn't do anything directly. You see at the moment when JC stop the stabing, WT wanted to do something but it was too late. He didn't see the futur with JC changing anything either. He take JC and hoped he could do something, be the super hero.

• Like 6

Lee Jong Suk Gets Showered With Affection In Latest Stills For “While You Were Sleeping”

While You Were Sleeping” has released new stills featuring Lee Jong Suk, Shin Jae Ha, and Hwang Young Hee.

The SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama recently unveiled new images showing Jae Chan (Lee Jong Suk) receiving lots of love from Yoon Moon Sun (Hwang Young Hee), who is Nam Hong Joo (Suzy)’s mom.

In the previous episodes, Hong Joo’s mom closely observed Jae Chan as well as police officer Han Woo Tak (Jung Hae In) when they came to visit her daughter at the restaurant. As she even gave them both point scores on her notebook, many viewers are interested to find out why Yoon Moon Sun becomes so affectionate to Jae Chan in the upcoming episodes.

In the latest stills, Jae Chan not only receives from her a present of mackerel side dishes, but he also gets invited to eat breakfast at their house. The images show him looking at the food with a surprised expression, while his younger brother Seung Won (Shin Jae Ha) looks excited to start eating.

While-You-Were-Sleeping2.jpg

The production staff stated, “It’s a chance for Yoon Moon Sun to really show Jae Chan an infinite amount of affection. Viewers will be able to find out what kind of situation unfolds between the two in the upcoming broadcast.”

Meanwhile, check out the first episode of “While You Were Sleeping” exclusively on Rakuten Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/09/lee-jong-suk-gets-showered-affection-latest-stills-sleeping/

• Like 9

10 hours ago, yusefull said:

But JC need to be there but they don't need to be.

At the restaurant he gave JC an oportunity but he didn't do anything directly. You see at the moment when JC stop the stabing, WT wanted to do something but it was too late. He didn't see the futur with JC changing anything either. He take JC and hoped he could do something, be the super hero.

But I think WT did not do anything because he chose to have JC do it. For him, JC is indeed the one who can change things because he was saved by him, he saw him running to save his brother. He dreams about him. So I saw it as WT believing that JC was the one that could change the future. And so far it appears like he is. But is he really? Without WT and the choice he made, JC could have not done anything... In any case, I hope we'll be shown that, perhaps, it's not just JC which can change the future, but the three of them. I am just saying I am hoping that there is more than just JC being able to change the future because that scares me a bit: what if JC will need to be saved too at some point? Considering YB, I think that may happen.

Man, this thread is heavy with photos. Could you please remember to put some in spoiler spaces? My internet connection is great but even for me, it takes ages for it to load completely...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Moderator Note:

Three gifs/images is the general rule but could you please consider if posting larger images or links from Instagram, Twiitter etc.,  to put them behind spoiler tags too. It helps those of us with lagging or slow internet connections to better navigate the threads. Just food for thought and not an order. :wink: Though it would be a huge help :) 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

But I think WT did not do anything because he chose to have JC do it. For him, JC is indeed the one who can change things because he was saved by him, he saw him running to save his brother. He dreams about him. So I saw it as WT believing that JC was the one that could change the future. And so far it appears like he is. But is he really? Without WT and the choice he made, JC could have not done anything... In any case, I hope we'll be shown that, perhaps, it's not just JC which can change the future, but the three of them. I am just saying I am hoping that there is more than just JC being able to change the future because that scares me a bit: what if JC will need to be saved too at some point? Considering YB, I think that may happen.

In his dream, JC wasn't at the restaurant at all but the other cop. He couldn't know that JC could do anything and would succeed. He didn't know either that JC could dream (or know about it). In the restaurant, you see him get up. He wanted to act but he would have failed.

They don't dream about JC doing anything but what if he doesn't (exept when they both have nearly the same dream).

I feel that the two can advise him or create an oportunity but in the end he must be the one to take action. They tell him what will happen but he must act himself.

• Like 7

@carolinedl The Batman angle is an interesting one. It’s possible that WT possesses all the Batman characteristics you wrote in your post (childhood trauma due to parent’s murder, sense of justice, etc…) however, his choice of career could have been influenced by other events in his past. For instance, I believe that he crossed paths with JC and/or HJ on that fateful day. He either was on the bus when HJ’s father sacrificed himself to save the passengers or at the store when JC’s father stayed behind. Or, in case he is related to the soldier, felt that his way of making amends to what his relative did was for him to live a righteous life (by following HJ’s mom to return her belonging) and to serve and protect those who can’t.

It’s so refreshing how his role has become more prominent as the series progresses. I can’t wait to find out about his backstory.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, auroredawn said:

@carolinedl The Batman angle is an interesting one. It’s possible that WT possesses all the Batman characteristics you wrote in your post (childhood trauma due to parent’s murder, sense of justice, etc…) however, his choice of career could have been influenced by other events in his past. For instance, I believe that he crossed paths with JC and/or HJ on that fateful day. He either was on the bus when HJ’s father sacrificed himself to save the passengers or at the store when JC’s father stayed behind. Or, in case he is related to the soldier, felt that his way of making amends to what his relative did was for him to live a righteous life (by following HJ’s mom to return her belonging) and to serve and protect those who can’t.

I totally agree with you. I also think he must have crossed paths with JC and HJ the day of the soldier accident and/or at the funeral home. I rewatched the scene at the convenience store and at the bus and nothing stood out. Someone or himself must have been there but it was not shown. I need to rewatch the scenes at the funeral home. I was thinking that if the soldier is WT's brother, maybe that soldier tried to avenge his father's death. He was clearly going somewhere with those weapons. WT might have chosen to be a cop to prevent similar types of injustice that might have happened to WT's father. Ok, I know I am stretching it a lot... :tongue:

@yusefull I know what you mean and meant. I am just saying that WT clearly was there when JC saved him that night, he heard the conversation he had with HJ, he saw JC running toward the building he dreamt of, etc. so clearly by inviting him to the restaurant, he wanted to prove that there was a connection with all the weird things happening and JC. I am also saying we should wait a bit before saying that only JC can change the future directly...

@Wotad Ah, I love him too! He is so cute, with his dog and all.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

I know what you mean and meant. I am just saying that WT clearly was there when JC saved him that night, he heard the conversation he had with HJ, he saw JC running toward the building he dreamt of, etc. so clearly by inviting him to the restaurant, he wanted to prove that there was a connection with all the weird things happening and JC. I am also saying we should wait a bit before saying that only JC can change the future directly...

I would like it more if only JC could. After all, she hasn't be able for years and if WT can too, that would mean only men can change it and that idea is wrong.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, yusefull said:

In his dream, JC wasn't at the restaurant at all but the other cop. He couldn't know that JC could do anything and would succeed. He didn't know either that JC could dream (or know about it). In the restaurant, you see him get up. He wanted to act but he would have failed.

@yusefullYou are right! He did not know what the JC variable would do the situation at the restaurant; however, the fact that he had been dreaming of him made him curious. JC had already saved his life and for all that he knows, the fate of SW. He had the same dream that HJ had about SW. He saw JC knocking at the police car window. But the reality differed from his vision. There was no murder/accident and SW was not arrested. He invited JC to the restaurant out of curiosity, not because he actively wanted to change the outcome, but because he wanted to find out what would happen if he were to introduce another variable.  

1 hour ago, yusefull said:

I feel that the two can advise him or create an oportunity but in the end he must be the one to take action. They tell him what will happen but he must act himself.

I agree. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, auroredawn said:

@yusefullYou are right! He did not know what the JC variable would do the situation at the restaurant; however, the fact that he had been dreaming of him made him curious. JC had already saved his life and for all that he knows, the fate of SW. He had the same dream that HJ had about SW. He saw JC knocking at the police car window. But the reality differed from his vision. There was no murder/accident and SW was not arrested. He invited JC to the restaurant out of curiosity, not because he actively wanted to change the outcome, but because he wanted to find out what would happen if he were to introduce another variable.  

That part make me afraid that at some point he will turn bad. After all, for all we know he could be the son of the murderer of their parent and become crazy at some point.

2 minutes ago, auroredawn said:

I agree. 

i hate the idea of a woman needing men to save her. JC there is not a man but a hero. The main character. Another time it could just as easyly have been a woman.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I would like it more if only JC could. After all, she hasn't be able for years and if WT can too, that would mean only men can change it and that idea is wrong.

Of course not! What I was implying is that they can do it, the three of them, only when they are together or connected. Think of it: when JC stopped the car, the three of them were there; at the building, they were also there, for the restaurant too. Somehow, I think the future could be altered once they met, once JC and WT developped the faculty to dream after meeting HJ. Before, HJ could not do anything, but once the three met, the three developped the faculty to alter the future. 

I think it would be unfair to JC if only him can change the future, take action. What will happen the day he will need to be saved? HJ and WT won't be able to do anything for him?

28 minutes ago, auroredawn said:

Exactly! and by doing so, by introducing the varaible, he did change the future. I guess it is all a matter of active (JC) and passive (WT) changes? Again, what will happen the day JC will need help?... :(

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Of course not! What I was implying is that they can do it, the three of them, only when they are together or connected. Think of it: when JC stopped the car, the three of them were there; at the building, they were also there, for the restaurant too. Somehow, I think the future could be altered once they met, once JC and WT developped the faculty to dream after meeting HJ. Before, HJ could not do anything, but once the three met, the three developped the faculty to alter the future. 

I think it would be unfair to JC if only him can change the future, take action. What will happen the day he will need to be saved? HJ and WT won't be able to do anything for him?

I think JC meet her as a kid but only got the ability in the present and they probably meet WT in the past too.They only got dream now and not at the same time.

The accident, only JC did something. Even if she didn't ring the alarm, JC would have stop his brother. At the restaurant, only he did something. At the prosecutor office, only JC was there.

If something where to happen to him, couldn't he change it himself ? The I choose my own futur and make it happen myself. They could warn him but that's all.

• Like 7