[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

4 hours ago, quartz13 said:

Thanks for the translation dramaa! And you’re welcome, bebebisous33 I like how the story is progressing. Watched it raw and can't wait for the subs! :heart:

You're welcome:) When I saw some people's comments about this episode saying how the story is moving slow and how bad this episode was I didn't feel like watching it :lol: Will watch when It's subbed.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XM has finally realised that ZY rescued LX!! So far I understood, LX has realised her feelings towards ZY.

@dramaa The romance might appear as slow... but for someone who worked so many years to get revenge and who is used to keep people at a certain distance, it is normal. Yet, his wall is falling down. Even his brother XM had finally been able to come closer to him, although ZYT keeps acting as a cold person. With the video, ZYT's heart was moved. Sure, I am hoping, we will see them kissing soon.

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

XM has finally realised that ZY rescued LX!! So far I understood, LX has realised her feelings towards ZY.

@dramaa The romance might appear as slow... but for someone who worked so many years to get revenge and who is used to keep people at a certain distance, it is normal. Yet, his wall is falling down. Even his brother XM had finally been able to come closer to him, although ZYT keeps acting as a cold person. With the video, ZYT's heart was moved. Sure, I am hoping, we will see them kissing soon.

Yeah I think the slow romance fits BYS. I actually love slow paced romance dramas, I'm more worried about the number of episodes, I watched some scenes of this episode. Yi Ting and Xin Yu met before when they were younger about the time his father died and he felt attracted to Xin Yu in their first meeting (I don't think it was love yet) in another scene Xin Yu realizes that Yi Ting remembers the kiss incident, when she asks Yi Ting about it, Yi Ting says ''How can I remember that kind of boring/stupid thing?'' which makes Xin Yu cry. People are most mad and dissapointed about this scene but I expected that kind of reaction from Yi Ting since he doesn't want to get close to Xin Yu.

4 minutes ago, dramaa said:

Yeah I think the slow romance fits BYS. I actually love slow paced romance dramas I'm more worried about the number of episodes. I watched some scenes of this episode. Yi Ting and Xin Yu met before when they were younger when his father died and he felt attracted to Xin Yu in their first meeting (I don't think it was love yet) in another scene Xin Yu realizes that Yi Ting remembers the kiss incident, when she asks Yi Ting about it, Yi Ting says ''Don't ask me about boring things'' which makes Xin Yu cry. People are most mad and dissapointed about this scene but I expected that kind of reaction from Yi Ting since he doesn't want to get close to Xin Yu.

I guess, LX will have to make the move :grin:which would be very unusual but great. A girl who knows what she wants without being rude. I was actually moved with the last scene. He could barely manage to control his feelings: hearing his mother's voice and seeing her smile... 

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I guess, LX will have to make the move :grin:which would be very unusual but great. A girl who knows what she wants without being rude. I was actually moved with the last scene. He could barely manage to control his feelings: hearing his mother's voice and seeing her smile... 

I think she will confess to Yi Ting after she founds out that he is no longer together with Qian Ni. 

HI, to everybody, I 've watched EP09 although I don't understand at all. All I can say is that they are so cute together, which I can't resist to smile. There is a scene that LX  is crying while talking with Yi ting. What is the reason of her crying?  

The last part is very touching,the scene where Yiting is watching her mother talks. He is restraining himsef not to cry.

12 hours ago, raewonkim said:

HI, to everybody, I 've watched EP09 although I don't understand at all. All I can say is that they are so cute together, which I can't resist to smile. There is a scene that LX  is crying while talking with Yi ting. What is the reason of her crying? 

She cries because after she realizes that Yi Ting remembers the kiss, she asks him about it but Yi Ting says to her that he can't remember that kind of boring/stupid thing:tears:

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I think so too, but I don't want her to do the first move because I want Yiting to struggle and realize how much he wanted/loves Xinyu.

Yeah, every time I see Yiting and his mom, it breaks my heart and I cry. I can see the pain in his eyes. And I can't see myself in his position, :frown: 

I hope they have more events in the future. Can't wait for episode 10. 

@dramaa: Is their relationship confirmed (Marcus and Ivy)? 

http://star.ettoday.net/news/845550?from=fb_et_star

Credit: ETtoday 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4wdqCFIA8A

Credit:  昂薇鐵粉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9npOLElCgQ

Credit:  渠道一般娱乐

@quartz13 In one interview Marcus said that he doesn't deny his relationship with her. Some fans who ship them are unfair and rude to Eugenie. They say that she shouldn't have been the female lead in BYS because they wanted the actress from BT1989 to be the female lead instead of her.

@dramaa: Thanks! :)

It looks like he implicitly confirms his relationship with Ivy. Some fans are crazy and rude.

Anyhow, I love the pairing. Both Marcus and Eugenie are doing a great job portraying Yiting and Xin Yu. They are from the same agency and seem to be good friends. From the clips I’ve seen, he makes fun of her husky voice. :lol: I don't understand what they're saying, but he imitates her voice. 

@quartz13 I love Marcus and Eugenie together too yeah they seem to be good friends in real life, they knew each other before BYS. From what I understand he asks the reporters if they seen the clip where the husky says''I love you! I love you'' to his owner and then he says that Eugenie is like a husky :lol: 

Oh my, I'm sad to hear that people are dropping this drama... :( Ep09 was bad?? Wow, I almost feel offended by that statement. I was very moved by this episode. Between ZY and LX, I thought it was the most heartwarming episode yet-- or at least brought about the most emotions from ZY, LX, and me as a viewer. It was lovely from the morning bike ride and breakfast (the mood and dialogue: poignant) to the intimacy (physically and in coversation and imagination) that occurred in the lodge...:wub: and finally, to mom's heartfelt words and the brothers reciting their dad's words in unison. T_T So nooo, don't leave for the wrong reasons.

I love this Marcus and Eugenie coupling. Thanks for the photos, @dramaa. It's unfair for Eugenie, but I don't doubt that his news with the other actress (not gonna mention for sake of forum rules) is affecting ratings. Eugenie is adorable and her voice is so cute! I can't think of any other actress who could better fit as this heartwarming, sophisticated quirk that is LX. ^^

I also agree with this pace in their romance. It would be unusual if it were any faster. I like seeing ZY hold back and not create too many intentional meetings with LX (now that he's got her where he can see her and knows she will be the one coming to him), and only talking to himself/Xiaobi/flowers. The consistency has resulted in a natural progression of feelings, thus believable. By the way, I noticed how different ZY sounded when he was thinking to himself while turning off his phone when alone with LX-- like, nervous. We've never heard him in his thoughts like that before, haha. He is so bad.

LX... this girl is the sweetest without being overbearing. She can hide her sadness and stress behind her smile, but when ZY calls their kiss a silly mistake, even she can't hide her hurt and disappointment behind her innocent tears. That scene killed me! The way she handled herself in that scene tells a lot about her. I love it that she was open to discuss the incident, even inviting, once she saw it before her. She's not afraid, but only wants truth and understanding. This is how she came to resolving her situation with everyone hating her/her mom. I felt so sad watching her cry to herself and turning away after declaring she never had it in her heart either (the kiss). Can't imagine how she'll react once she pieces everything together, including his feelings for her. 0_0

It's in LX to be straightforward and honest, but because of this "rejection", I actually think it will be ZY who will first rise to action in confessing love. I have a feeling that she might start to distance herself from him and the professor will come into the picture during this time. There's still a lot to cover (or uncover), so it can only mean the story will be developing at a growing pace.

Sorry, I have a tendency to write too much. XD

Seems next episode will be about XY falling for YT deeper after she finds out that he saved her from the car accident. Will spend 2 episodes on that before her heart breaks. there are so many storylines that are hanging. Not sure how they will tie all loose ends. QIanni is there, the teacher that XY writes to, LinMan mystery- is she really evil? and Qianni's dad. 

There is also the blinking eye syndrome that XY has. 

@songielove  Don't think XY is going to distance herself... not in the next two episodes at least

On 10/1/2017 at 0:01 PM, songielove said:

Oh my, I'm sad to hear that people are dropping this drama... :( Ep09 was bad?? Wow, I almost feel offended by that statement. I was very moved by this episode. Between ZY and LX, I thought it was the most heartwarming episode yet-- or at least brought about the most emotions from ZY, LX, and me as a viewer. It was lovely from the morning bike ride and breakfast (the mood and dialogue: poignant) to the intimacy (physically and in coversation and imagination) that occurred in the abandoned building...:wub: and finally, to mom's heartfelt words and the brothers reciting their dad's words in unison. T_T So nooo, don't leave for the wrong reasons.

I love this Marcus and Eugenie coupling. Thanks for the photos, @dramaa. It's unfair for Eugenie, but I don't doubt that his news with the other actress (not gonna mention for sake of forum rules) is affecting ratings. Eugenie is adorable and her voice is so cute! I can't think of any other actress who could better fit as this heartwarming, sophisticated quirk that is LX. ^^

I also agree with this pace in their romance. It would be unusual if it were any faster. I like seeing ZY hold back and not create too many intentional meetings with LX (now that he's got her where he can see her and knows she will be the one coming to him), and only talking to himself/Xiaobi/flowers. The consistency has resulted in a natural progression of feelings, thus believable. By the way, I noticed how different ZY sounded when he was thinking to himself while turning off his phone when alone with LX-- like nervous desperation. We've never heard him in his thoughts like that before, haha. He is so bad.

LX... this girl is the sweetest without being overbearing. She can hide her sadness and stress behind her smile, but when ZY calls their kiss a silly mistake, even she can't hide her hurt and disappointment behind her innocent tears. That scene killed me! The way she handled herself in that scene tells a lot about her. I love it that she was open to discuss the incident, even inviting, once she saw it before her. She's not afraid, but only wants truth and understanding. This is how she came to resolving her situation with everyone hating her/her mom. I felt so sad watching her cry to herself and turning away after declaring she never had it in her heart either (the kiss). Can't imagine how she'll react once she pieces everything together, including his feelings for her. 0_0

It's in LX to be straightforward and honest, but because of this "rejection", I actually think it will be ZY who will first rise to action in confessing love. I have a feeling that she might start to distance herself from him and the professor will come into the picture during this time. There's still a lot to cover (or uncover), so it can only mean the story will be developing at a growing pace.

Sorry, I have a tendency to write too much. XD

Your're welcome:)We can't mention the names of actresses/actors from other tv series? Some say episode 9 was bad because they are sad about Yi Ting's reaction when Xin Yu talked about the kiss. But I think his reaction is normal because Yi Ting's personality is like that from the beginning. Why would Yi Ting want to be with Xin Yu that soon when he has only revenge in his mind? I think they thought they will be together in episode 9 when they saw the preview, I'm actually glad that the romance is slow. In my opionion It's more exciting this way.

@songielove @dramaa@ate I agree with you. I have finally been able to watch the episode 9 with subtitles and I really loved it. :heart:The breakfast scene impressed me a lot because LX was able to disarm ZY. She could describe ZY's personality so spot on that he got so surprised. :astonished:

I am glad that ZY callled the kiss a mistake because after his words, LX decided to go back to the employe-boss relationship and his eyes showed that he really disliked the idea. Good is that XM is not a typical second lead: jealous of his brother and try to woo the same girl. His reaction was unusual, but it didn't feel weird. Finally, the people from the farm have accepted ZY again. So his situation has changed. I am glad that ZY will use a trick towards LX in order to make LM come back. Sure, it is not nice and this will put him in a terrible situation later, when LX will discover the truth. However, I also believe that this manipulation will bring LX and ZY closer again.

I hope, we will see another kiss soon.... and a longer one!   

Sorry... I am newbie... Glad to find this thread...

I love this drama, agree @songieloveMarcus and Liu yier/612 are best coupling... Her character so pure... Kind, heart wharming, humble,  i though this character as in her real... seen on her IG and YouTube.  She so pretty beautiful, inner beauty as she 's kind person. 

Looking some other news.. thank you.

Archived