[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

18 minutes ago, IamMissBookie said:

I understand where you're coming from, but more often than not, in revenge dramas anyone can make a play and get the upperhand. No matter if that person had power before or not, at the end it all depends on who comes on top. Mr. Tang seems to be going in the direction of going behind ZY and setting traps for him. Remember, if he can pull this all off and potray LM as the guilty party then he can become someone who is a threat to ZY as well.

We're forgetting the professor! He is yet to be shown. I wonder how it will all go down with ZY. Maybe he will be the final block that will make XY realize the game ZY has played? If the king yeilds to the queen, then he is giving her the ultimate power. Remember how LX said that she doesn't like people who lie and that she never speaks to them. If she does this with ZY, then she just might end up defeating the king entirely. Yes, ZY is the ultimate victim here, and that might make LX have a soft spot for him and maybe even forgive him, having him change his views and all.

I'm still secretly hoping that she won't forgive him and ZY will underhandedly try to make her love him again. It's wrong, I know, but it will fit perfectly into the story...

I mean, this will make up for a more intresting storyline that the regular "Oh, it's alright. I still love you." storyline :grimace:

Well, I am not contradicting you. Mr Tang will start playing dirty against ZY but I don't think, he will defeat ZY.  Yes, LX said that she cut ties with people who lied to her. But she also added that if she could do it. So there is a condition. Then if she was really that strict, then she should cut ties with her own mother as well because the mother lied to her too. Moreover, LX even lied to her friend JXY because of the jacket. She hides her illness, she lied to the mean girl in order to defend XM. Yet her lie was terrible because it could mislead XM.

As conclusion, LX lies to people as well... she is not honest either. If she was really that honest, LX should stop thinking like that. Finally, I would like to add that couple usually quarrel and break up because of lies, this is the norm actually. The forgiving doesn't happen like that... It is the usual OTP angst and separation time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bebebisous33, couldn't quote your post about the "mommy pillow" but anyway about that, Yeah, I give him A+++ keke for going out of his way just to make someone happy. Oh love, oh boy, our main lead is falling in love. keke Have you noticed during the Xmas party dinner he said "XieXie" to Xinyu after getting him a glass of juice. He never say thank you to anyone except to her. Love can change someone for the better. Hope he will say it to other ppl as well. 

@IamMissBookie, hello, welcome to BYS thread. :) couldn't quote your post too. Just copied and pasted it. 

( Oh, and BTW, does anyone know what song was playing when Xiaoyue and LX were waiting at the bus stop, right before the ad break? I couldn't find it anywhere....)

^Sorry for cutting your post. Yeah, I want to know the title of that song too. Sounds good as well together with the other OST of the BYS series. Hope they would play it again in the upcoming episode. 

Also, @bebebisous33 @IamMissBookie to be honest, i find the assault or attack scene cliche. I've seen scene like that many times in a drama. Anyhow, what would ZY get or the advantage of the assault or attack if it was real or not? 

didn't know this page suddenly jump so fast since last time i checked. thanks for all the wonderful analysis.

also, anyone know when the official ost going to be out? been waiting for it so i can listen in my car LOL

53 minutes ago, ate said:

@bebebisous33, couldn't quote your post about the "mommy pillow" but anyway about that, Yeah, I give him A+++ keke for going out of his way just to make someone happy. Oh love, oh boy, our main lead is falling in love. keke Have you noticed during the Xmas party dinner he said "XieXie" to Xinyu after getting him a glass of juice. He never say thank you to anyone except to her. Love can change someone for the better. Hope he will say it to other ppl as well. 

@IamMissBookie, hello, welcome to BYS thread. :) couldn't quote your post too. Just copied and pasted it. 

( Oh, and BTW, does anyone know what song was playing when Xiaoyue and LX were waiting at the bus stop, right before the ad break? I couldn't find it anywhere....)

^Sorry for cutting your post. Yeah, I want to know the title of that song too. Sounds good as well together with the other OST of the BYS series. Hope they would play it again in the upcoming episode. 

Also, @bebebisous33 @IamMissBookie to be honest, i find the assault or attack scene cliche. I've seen scene like that many times in a drama. Anyhow, what would ZY get or the advantage of the assault or attack if it was real or not? 

Thanks for pointing that out. I had totally overlooked it. I guess, this habit comes from his past. Since he has learnt to use people for his own benefit, he never thanked them for their help because at some point, he would ask from them to return the favour. And the people he helped without any expectation, he hid his generosity. So for a long time, he never needed to thank anyone.

As for the attack, I don't believe that ZY can be behind it because he has already stopped playing his dirty tricks on LX for a long time. The moment she decided to leave his side and JXY's side, ZY got so upset and worried that he changed his behaviour. From that moment, he tried to protect her. Sure, with the attack he can benefit from it. XL will consider him as his savior and as such, she will do anything for that person... something that ZY had been longing. He was jealous and mad that XM took the credit from the car accident. He never thought that XL would get closer to XM due to that. This time, ZY won't hide it from XL. This will bring LX closer to him and he won't be able to control his feelings any longer. 

@nanstarrr Thanks for joining this thread. Yes, we are trying to keep this thread alive. You can write your own thoughts too.

HI good morning to everbody especially to @bebebisous33 and @IamMissBookie.

Its still early in the morning  but I am already enjoying reading all your comments. Both of you have an awesome points and seemingly both of you are  in the field of  journalism because of your very profound and meaningful interpretations of the scenes. 

@quartz13 except few chinese characters I can't read chinese :tears: but can read pinyin (chinese romanization of chinese characters) I think besides the Vidol website there isn't another site where you can watch the full BTS videos but they are few short BTS clips in youtube which has also been posted here.

6 hours ago, dramaa said:

@quartz13 except few chinese characters I can't read chinese :dissapointed: I think besides the Vidol website there isn't another site where you can watch the full BTS videos but they are few short BTS clips in youtube which has also been posted here.

I hope we can watch the full clips on YouTube soon. Thanks dramaa. 

9 hours ago, raewonkim said:

HI good morning to everbody especially to @bebebisous33 and @IamMissBookie.

Its still early in the morning  but I am already enjoying reading all your comments. Both of you have an awesome points and seemingly both of you are  in the field of  journalism because of your very profound and meaningful interpretations of the scenes. 

Thanks a lot for the compliment! No, I am not working in the field of journalism... My nickname "teachernim" given by other users gives you the answer!:)

Actually, I like analysing literature and as such movies or dramas! But I've got a remark: if you like our comments so much, then click the button "like"... that would be great. We have two three days left, until the next episode. Thankfully, I am not working on Monday. Lucky me!!!

@dramaa, @ate , @IamMissBookie and @nanstarrrBy the way, do you think, we will get another kiss this week or not?

@bebebisous33 , Seeing how totally in love Yiting with Xinyu when he stared at her lovingly while closing her eyes, tightly hugged her to assure her she's safe and boldly clasp her hand out of danger, any moment he would lose his control but I think he would fight his urge coz emotionally Xinyu isn't fully aware yet of how he feels toward her. Yiting is a calculative person, he thinks before he acts.    

How I wish there would be another kiss but I want them to kiss if both of them like/love each other. hmm What if a kiss happened, then they will have a relationship. Then, Yiting continues his plan. One day, Xinyu's mom appears and they meet her. keke So, the series must be extended. keke just kidding 

17 minutes ago, ate said:

@bebebisous33 , Seeing how totally in love Yiting with Xinyu when he stared at her lovingly while closing her eyes, tightly hugged her to assure her she's safe and boldly clasp her hand out of danger, any moment he would lose his control but I think he would fight his urge coz emotionally Xinyu isn't fully aware yet of how he feels toward her. Yiting is a calculative person, he thinks before he acts.    

How I wish there would be another kiss but I want them to kiss if both of them like/love each other. hmm What if a kiss happened, then they will have a relationship. Then, Yiting continues his plan. One day, Xinyu's mom appears and they meet her. keke So, the series must be extended. keke just kidding 

Yes, however he is losing more and more his control over his feelings. His care and concern for her were always disguised: the gummybears, the pillow, the car accident. But in the next episode, it is different. Why?

First, ZY witnessed how LX confessed to his brother and he was pretty shaken. He hadn't anticipated it. The fact that he went to the party, when he heard about a confession is a proof that he was so annoyed that he would have tried to stop it. Unfortunately, he witnessed something else: LX confessing to XM. LX saw his pain in his gaze. She felt embarrassed and awkward. On the other hand, XL invites him to eat breakfast together. So her invitation has an impact on him. This makes him hope. So in the episode 9, ZY will behave differently. When he is staring at her, he is doing it in the open. Just like with the bike, he takes her hand. So he is taking the initiative. I believe, her confession and her invitation were the trigger for him to change his behaviour:

- the fear of losing her

- the hope that she likes/loves him

In my opinion, she makes him comfortable, feel alive and accepted. 

@bebebisous33 yeah, I agree with you but I think he will stick with his plan and express his love to Xinyu alone except around the ppl who know the connection of Xinyu with Linman. Also, probably, the good relationship of Xinyu and his mom and how she cares for her, somebody comforts her and gives her happiness in his absence makes him adore Xinyu more. Then, he'll be more open and let go of his vow of vengeance like what Xiaomao always tell him. 

7 minutes ago, ate said:

@bebebisous33 yeah, I agree with you but I think he will stick with his plan and express his love to Xinyu alone except around the ppl who know the connection of Xinyu with Linman. Also, probably, the good relationship of Xinyu and his mom and how she cares for her, somebody comforts her and gives her happiness in his absence makes him adore Xinyu more. Then, he'll be more open and let go of his vow of vengeance like what Xiaomao always tell him. 

Yes, he won't stop his revenge but his plan has already started changing. LX becoming close to his mother is important because LX will become the link between the son and mother so that the latter changes her behaviour towards ZY. I agree with you that ZY will be still careful to hide his true feelings towards LX, Yet people who knows him very well will notice it.

@bebebisous33 I know. But I like this show cause the keep cliches to a min. I'll really hate the ending if they do it that way. Although they seem to be going in that direction, a girl can still hope

Maybe, maybe not. But I'm waiting for that professor to appear. Maybe then things will finally more forward. 

Yeah, she does lie. But forgiving ZY easily will simply kill the buzz!

@ate Hey! Thanks! Yes, the scene looked kinda funny too. But it's simply a plot device right now to get ZY and LX closer. It'll become relevant when the prep will be revealed... Here's hoping! It was quite a sweet song, from what I could make out.

Haha, my comment just got posted!   

@ate Yes, unfortunately, cliches have now-a-days become an important plot device. I was hoping for ZY to manipulate the whole situation to get LX back but looks like someone got there first :vicx:

@raewonkim Guilty as charged! Though, I'm more into creative and dramatic writing, but journalism was one of my graduating majors :)

@bebebisous33 *sigh* I wish we would but @dramaa and @ate have a point... I don't think we will, though I'm hopeful that epi 10 will be the one :wub:

And yes, almost everyone around ZY noticed how he reacted when LX confessed.. I mean XM is counselling ZY on love matters and XY is playing the matchmaker... Hmm, I think things are about to get intresting. I think since we've progressed into the second half of the show, it's about time for the Professor to show himself. Maybe that'll act as a catalyst for us to get that kiss... :heart:

46 minutes ago, dramaa said:

@IamMissBookie You don't want Xin Yu to forgive Yi ting even in the end and you don't want Yi ting to end up with her? @nanstarrr it's mentioned in the following site that the Ost is going to be oploaded there soon:

http://www.cpop-studio.com/

Haha, no, that does sound confusing. No, I want them to get back together in the end. What I don't want is for LX to forgive him easily. No angst-y breakup drama but a rather exciting one. I know it's wrong, but keeping in tune with the theme of the show, I would want ZY to manipulate the situation in such a way that LX ultimately forgives him and chooses to stay with him. 

This was actually a hypothesis that I came up with when I was discussing this show with my friend. We had only seen the opening credits then, and the sinister smile that ZY flashes at the end made me think of it. How LX is all happy and completely unaware of the devil on her shoulder... But rest assured, I do want them at end up together at the end! :)

4 hours ago, IamMissBookie said:

Haha, no, that does sound confusing. No, I want them to get back together in the end. What I don't want is for LX to forgive him easily. No angst-y breakup drama but a rather exciting one. I know it's wrong, but keeping in tune with the theme of the show, I would want ZY to manipulate the situation in such a way that LX ultimately forgives him and chooses to stay with him. 

This was actually a hypothesis that I came up with when I was discussing this show with my friend. We had only seen the opening credits then, and the sinister smile that ZY flashes at the end made me think of it. How LX is all happy and completely unaware of the devil on her shoulder... But rest assured, I do want them at end up together at the end! :)

Lol sorry I misunderstood:blush: the opening credits makes me think that Xin Yu will be one to try to confess first although Yi Ting is the one who falls in love first. Then misunderstandings will happen and Yi Ting will do everything to make her forgive him. Even though I want Yi Ting to confess first but the opening credits makes me think it will be the opposite. Also I hope that Xin Yu learns Yi Ting used her, before she realizes that Yi Ting loves her and before they start dating.

@dramaa That might happen, but I think the one to realize their feelings first will be ZY. LX will get that epiphany later on, but yeah, she might be the one to confess first. But who knows, ZY may do it before in the heat of the moment..

Oh god! That scene... :dizzy: I think that last scene may have been from a new MV or a dream sequence. Or it might just be where epi 9 ends.... Monday can't get here fast enough!!!!! :heart:

Archived