[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dramaa said:

@IamMissBokkie I agree I think Yi Ting will realize it first.

@IamMissBookie ZY knows that he has fallen for her because he didn't deny it in front of JX. But he was first firm that he would do anything not to reveal his true feelings. It is not about realising for ZYT, but confessing or not. As for LX, she is so innocent that she is not really aware of her own feelings. She denied that it was a forced kiss. She felt awkward, when ZY witnessed her confession to XM. She was bothered that ZY might have misunderstood the situation, yet I don't think, she knows the true meaning of her own words.

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@IamMissBookie ZY knows that he has fallen for her because he didn't deny it in front of JX. But he was first firm that he would do anything to reveal his true feelings. It is not about realising for ZYT, but confessing or not. As for LX, she is so innocent that she is not really aware of her own feelings. She denied that it was a forced kiss. She felt awkward, when ZY witnessed her confession to XM. She was bothered that ZY might have misunderstood the situation, yet I don't think, she knows the true meaning of her own words.

But he said to Xiao Yue that he won't have any feelings for Xin Yu in episode 8. Maybe he is in denial or he is not sure about his own feelings.

@bebebisous33 He still has a lot of conflicted feelings within him. For the awkward and the betrayed expression that was there on both of their faces, I don't think either of them have had a realization yet.

Notice how ZY is always saying and lamenting on how XY spoiled his plans and is intruding in his thoughts even though she should not. He has accepted that he has developed feelings for her, but because of his inner conflict and previous revenge thoughts, he is still unable to determine the complete depth of his feelings. Notice how in the epi 9 preview he is satisfied that LX approached him and asked him out for breakfast. Also, the expression of panic on his face when he finds out that she is in danger. I think this is something that will finally push him over the edge and make him realize his feelings for her i.e. he is in love with her. Thus, his epiphany moment. Right now the people around him have guessed his depth of feelings for LX, but for him, they are more like alarmingly growing unwanted feelings than the feeling of love.

But I feel like LX will, in her innocent and kind way, come to know that she loves him. Notice how when she came to know that XM will be confessing to her, she went into total panic because she knows that she does not feel that way for him, but her troubled look when seeing ZY standing there said it all. 

While epi 9 will definitely be a game changer, I want to see how these two progress with each other.

12 minutes ago, dramaa said:

But didn't he say to Xiao Yue that he won't have any feelings Xin Yu in episode 8? Maybe he is in denial or he is not sure about his feelings.

You're right. I had to look at the scene again. However, JX was not a fool at all. That's why I saw it as a confirmation. 

@IamMissBookie I agree with your last comment that the episode 9 will be the turning point in their relationship. But I can't imagine that LX will confess first.

@dramaa When they are all sitting at the dinner table, and when XM and LX are interacting, notice ZY's self-depreciating 'so-this-is-how-it's-going-to-be' smile. It's mocking, but when he glances at XY, his expression immediately becomes troubled. 

When he stormed to the farm, after overhearing the convo, it was like he was on a warpath. That would only happen if he had finally accepted that he felt something about LX. He may have categorized it as some budding feeling, but yeah, he still does not know that he is already in :heart: with her

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

You're right. I had to look at the scene again. However, JX was not a fool at all. That's why I saw it as a confirmation. 

@IamMissBookie I agree with your last comment that the episode 9 will be the turning point in their relationship. But I can't imagine that LX will confess first.

Remember when they were learning waltz? ZY pushed her away suddenly, be she calmly went to him and put his arms around her again and explained that one cannot just leave their partner in the middle of the dance. That showed a strong aspect of her character. I really liked that epi because ZY for once was looking so lost and LX was confident and in her element. She knew what she was doing and had no qualms being the superior one. Also, when that girl insults XM, LX immediately comes to his deference.

She has a different side to her character that is not a complete damsel in distress. I think if the character development goes well here, and the writers exploit this strength of hers, she can confess to ZY first. It can be due to frustration or angst. Same goes for ZY. In the heat of the moment, he can confess as well. 

@IamMissBookie @dramaa To me, he knows his feelings but he is in denial...that's why he keeps saying that he has no feelings for her. The more he denies it, the more he is trying to convince himself that's the reality. It is as if he wanted to make sure if he said it (he has no feelings for her) that he would stick to it. He is trying to stick to his rule: love and feelings are not important.

It made me smile, when LX invited him for breakfast... She mentioned that it was a coincidence to meet him!! Coincidence was the word that ZY used to say, when he met her each time in the past. Yet it was never a coincidence and in LX's case, it is not a coincidence either!!:grin: 

It is good to be reminded that LX is not just a damsel in distress. Thanks @IamMissBookie. you're right that she has that confidence, when it comes to ZY. She even teases him, and so far, noone has done it before.

hi everybody,

At the back of my mind, I think there will be no kiss this time from Yiting, not yet but what if Xinyu kisses Yiting. Seems like Yiting did a few ninja moves in the next episode. :wub: lol When will they recognize their feelings for each other? Notice the sweet smile of Xinyu when Yiting held her hand in the next epi. Also, I sense jealousy from her when they saw Yiting looking at their apartment from afar, when Xiaoyue said, go talk and comfort him, but she refused. Then, Xiaoyue said, okay, I'll go down and do it. Though Xiaoyue was joking at that time, that's why she changed her mind. keke

5 hours ago, IamMissBookie said:

Haha, no, that does sound confusing. No, I want them to get back together in the end. What I don't want is for LX to forgive him easily. No angst-y breakup drama but a rather exciting one. I know it's wrong, but keeping in tune with the theme of the show, I would want ZY to manipulate the situation in such a way that LX ultimately forgives him and chooses to stay with him. 

Sorry for cutting your post. Yeah, that's what I want to happen too. Xinyu will play hard to get with Yiting once she finds out the truthYeah, you're right, that's an interesting plot device in a story. I want Yiting to express his like/love to a girl openly coz he lives in his own world. He needs a woman like Xinyu who keeps his lonely heart happy.  

10 hours ago, ate said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Yeah, that's what I want to happen too. Xinyu will play hard to get with Yiting once she finds out the truthYeah, you're right, that's an interesting plot device in a story. I want Yiting to express his like/love to a girl openly coz he lives in his own world. He needs a woman like Xinyu who keeps his lonely heart happy.  

@IamMissBookie @dramaa Imagine the irony that ZY might have to help LM in order to redeem himself so that LX would come back to him!!

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@IamMissBookie @dramaa Imagine the irony that ZY might have to help LM in order to redeem himself so that LX would come back to him!!

Yeah, that would be nice if that happens. Just confuse, It was Mr Tang's first time to see both Xinyu and Yiting together. Then all of a sudden, there were bad guys who wanted to kidnap her. Seems like the assault happened so fast. Xinyu isn't cautious because she believes right away what other ppl say to her. She should ask Xiaoyue to accompany her. There are a lot of bad ppl out there. 

@bebebisous33 Oh, poor ZY! On the other side, I can only imagine Mr. Tang's expression.

His assistant: Sir, LM is getting back on her feet.

Mr. Tang: WHAT!? How is that possible?

His assistant: Uhm, *clears throat*, well, sir, that is, ZY is helping her....

*Mr. Tang faints*

That would be fun lol...

@ate Hmm, you are right but remember, there was an unidentified Taiwanese group that was pursuing LM in Philippines.. Maybe this is them... They are luring XY into a trap to kidnap her and use her as a bait to get LM out.. Or it may even be XM, but that possibility seems too low, since they had her mother's earrings as well.. Oh Monday, when will you arrive!!!!

Yes, but so far, she has not felt the need to be cautious since she does not know that people are after her mum. She only knows that her mum is being pursued by the police for financial fraud, not by organizations and independent groups as well.. ZY and Xiaoyue protecting and sheltering her means that she will let her guard down. And since she was bought up in a very different environment, for her, these things come naturally, unless someone else gives her a reason to believe otherwise. 

Hello everyone. :blush: I, too, am in love with this drama. From plot to characters and OST-- it's quite the interesting charm all together, considering its dark tone (one of my favorite elements of the drama). Although we're familiar with the revenge plot in dramas, this coming from Taiwan is exciting and refreshing for me.

I have to say, Eugenie is so adorable and befitting as LX. Contrary to some, I am surprised (mostly at myself) that even after all the 'damsel in distress' events LX's been through, I don't feel her weak nor helpless. It's unfair to say so since she's really had no choice nor chance from the beginning (as we come to find out minute-by-minute from ZY); she was ultimately set up to be "saved". Among all that, I think her most winning attribute is her honesty. In the world that's happened to her suddenly, she's remained pure and genuine. This harmlessness and innocence about her will break ZY (or has already begun to). Not only did she stand up tall and in control while teaching ZY to dance, she also stood up for XM at the farm and Xiaoyue in their very beginning (despite her physical and emotional state), AND made the tiger come out to smile that beautiful smile (really, Marcus' rare smiles here kind of lifts me up?), hahaha. Nah, I don't think that's weak at all. XD

@bebebisous33 "Coincidence!" Ah, no wonder that gave me a warm feeling. <3

@dramaa My same sentiments. So, so beautiful.

I agree that ZY is aware of his feelings but is in deep denial. We see him consistently questioning himself and pinning it on LX. Hm... can't help himself. Which makes Ep9 all the more torture to wait for... But one more day!

Nice to meet you all. ^^

@IamMissBookie lol at Mr Tang

Anyway, yeah, that's possible too. May be the Taiwanese group are behind it.Why there is another group who is after Linman aside from Mr Tang? 

@Everybody, Do you think Xinyu and the professor has a special relationship? Probably, to make the story more interesting. 

45 minutes ago, ate said:

@IamMissBookie lol at Mr Tang

Anyway, yeah, that's possible too. May be the Taiwanese group are behind it.Why there is another group who is after Linman aside from Mr Tang? 

@Everybody, Do you think Xinyu and the professor has a special relationship? Probably, to make the story more interesting. 

Since Mr. Tang helped LM to escape, this would be weird, if now he was after her!! For me, it must be someone else. Either uncle Qing or the professor SuZ.

@songielove welcome to this thread.:wub: I am glad that we have one more visitor!

1 hour ago, IamMissBookie said:

@ate I think the song is  孫盛希 (Shi Shi)- Where Will You Go ... It is mentioned in one of the comments on Viki..

Thank you very much dear. :) I have a new Chinese song that will be added into my playlist. I have a few. Most of them are Kpop songs. Love the melody of this song. It's catchy. Hope somebody will share the lyrics here too, so I can sing along with Shi Shi. :)

@songielove welcome to BYS thread :)

Archived