[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since the arrival of @beijinhos, this thread has been on fire!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-10.gif?1301940529 This is really great!!  cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532

@IamMissBookie @songielove @ate@dramaa 

- Mr Tang is the one who warned her and helped her to escape! He mentioned himself to his new secretary. 

- It is also true that the professor SZ knew that she was in Taiwan. She was able to send him a message.

Then I would like to remind that when LX was interrogated, we hear from the detective that her mother sold LX's shares and LX had no idea that she had shares and that they were sold. So who did this? I have the impression that someone must have faked her signature. Someone used LX's shares and I don't think, it was the mother. The professor seems so close to LX that he might be a second ZYT but in a negative way!!! I can't help myself thinking about ZY's question: "What kind of relationship does she have with him?" And ZYT was right to ask about the nature of their relationship. LX is so close to ZS that she tells him pratically everything. And this is important. Imagine, he could have used LX's trust and innocence in order to get what he wanted.

Imagine when ZYT meets this man and can see through him... It would be really interesting to see a battle between two manipulative persons... I guess, first ZS would get the upperhand because he would be fast to reveal ZYT's manipulative side with the fake account. Moreover, this would make LX lose her best friend JX as well. LX would again rely on SZ again. By the way, this came to my mind that her mother always told LX, only to rely on herself. Why did she make such a comment? I guess, it has something to do with friendship and our mysterious SZ. I have the impression, it is connected!! 

Wow, this is probably what happens when I watch raw and subbed...I forget this stuff! or I was never really clear about it.

This is a great point.  Did ZW have spies on the board of directors and also did he use LX?

Yes! This is the dramatic fallout part before the happy ending! Anyway, I think LX will understand YT and XY once their stories are revealed. She will not not forgive them. Plus, I think YT will always take care of XY after this. XY will just become part of the people he protects. So I was thinking that will be nice that she doesn't have to worry about being out on the street again.

And what about my fav thing: that Poison Powder? he hee he, just kidding!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, beijinhos said:

Wow, this is probably what happens when I watch raw and subbed...I forget this stuff! or I was never really clear about it.

This is a great point.  Did ZW have spies on the board of directors and also did he use LX?

Yes! This is the dramatic fallout part before the happy ending! Anyway, I think LX will understand YT and XY once their stories are revealed. She will not not forgive them. Plus, I think YT will always take care of XY after this. XY will just become part of the people he protects. So I was thinking that will be nice that she doesn't have to worry about being out on the street again.

And what about my fav thing: that Poison Powder? he hee he, just kidding!

Well, XY warned LX from the start and also told her the truth that ZYT had helped her in return for a favor. So LX will be more mad at ZYT than XY in my opinion as the latter was telling her the "truth". Now, this has changed because XY judges ZYT differently. When XY tries to explain to her that ZYT is not the bad guy, LX won't believe her any more.

Yet, I can imagine that XM and ZYT's mother could play a part in their reconciliation. Moreover, ZYT has now more people on his side.

Like @IamMissBookie, I am wondering when QI will appear again. Not that I am missing her a lot, but I am hoping, she will be used again in order to bring ZYT and LX closer or to play a part in revealing the "truth". Like for example, QI is used by the third party to separate the "couple". 

47 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Like @IamMissBookie, I am wondering when QI will appear again. Not that I am missing her a lot, but I am hoping, she will be used again in order to bring ZYT and LX closer or to play a part in revealing the "truth". Like for example, QI is used by the third party to separate the "couple". 

I want to mention @IamMissBookie here too!

I've got to really put my thinking cap on for QI because, yeah, one doesn't look forward to her coming back (great actress!). She will definitely come back. I wonder if she sees LX on TV on the news during the crowd thingy at Leisheng, and, maybe sees ZYT take her away under his jacket as well? Imagination gone wild here!

The other issue is the Tourettes. How does that play out? Could it become an issue if something really overwhelming happens to LX?

@beijinhos Yes, ZYT still doesn't know about her "illness". LX had mentioned that XM was gentle because he protects people with weaknesses and ZYT got curious with that comment. I hope, XM reveals it to him. I guess, ZYT will be shocked because he will understand why LX is so scared of dogs. Back then, ZYT had mentioned that dogs usually don't attack people like that and he was kind of implying that she must have done something. LX had not really denied. And when he hears the truth, it will hurt him that he used her fear for dog and it was not her fault at all.

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So LX will be more mad at ZYT than XY in my opinion

(She will not speak to liars again...if she CAN do that)

I wonder if LX can ever be mad at ZYT? Because he has lost so much, and she has already bonded with his mother and heard the mother's story...

But, Is ZYT's involvement the kind of overwhelming revelation that could trigger her Tourettes?

Also, QI can be very physically violent and I am wondering about that as well in relation to the Tourettes...

I noticed that in the grass scene, LX did that little hand waving thing in front of her face. I'm wondering if she learned little things to do like that to calm herself and control seizures?

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@beijinhos Yes, ZYT still doesn't know about her "illness". LX had mentioned that XM was gentle because he protects people with weaknesses and ZYT got curious with that comment. I hope, XM reveals it to him. I guess, ZYT will be shocked because he will understand why LX is so scared of dogs. Back then, ZYT had mentioned that dogs usually don't attack people like that and he was kind of implying that she must have done something. LX had not really denied. And when he hears the truth, it will hurt him that he used her fear for dog and it was not her fault at all.

Yes, this is an important scene that will need to be revisited upon ZYT for more hurt. This guy is gonna have to suffer a bit! I can remember in the first episode, I just said to myself, "I don't care how nice you become, ZYT, I will never forgive you for what you are doing to LX"!!! He was sooooo baaaaddd.....Of course, that didn't last long!

XM will have to reveal the Tourettes to him, but maybe after she has had some kind of seizure and is in an emergency, which I'm not looking forward to.

@beijinhosI had a student who had Tourette too that's why I know a little about this illness.

First of all, this illness is really difficult to diagnose because each patient has a different symptom. So in LX's case, she is blinking... in my student's case, he had to do some moves and when he was writing, he couldn't help himself writing some signs. His teacher at the Elementary School had such a prejudice against him and didn't want him to get the High school diploma. I met her by coincidence that's why I know about it. Anyway, when I became his teacher, then he was just correctly diagnosed. Before, they thought, he was suffering from Hyperactive Syndrom. That's why we (parents and me) developped a strategy to help him to overcome his handicap. But the student proved the teacher wrong: he got his High school diploma 3 years ago. With some medicine and a therapy, it can get better... sometimes not. However, LX won't get a seizure, this has nothing to do with it.

This is not a serious illness at such, but it is difficult to live with. The major problem is that patients are confronted with prejudice and lack of understanding. That's what happened to my student. LX experienced it too. Remember the comment from QI who said that LX always acted as cute, when she was blinking. QI never understood what LX was going through. In my student's case, he was looked down for a while by the other students, but at time passed on, it got better. Because it is important to talk about this and not hide it as something shameful.

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@beijinhosI had a student who had Tourette too that's why I know a little about this illness.

wow! this is a great explanation and a wonderful story for that student, thanks very much...I looked up Tourette but I got the wrong idea of seizures. So is is some kind of "looping" behavior? Like with your student: repeating writing some signs, and then does someone (who understands) have to help them stop the repetition, or do they learn how to do it themselves?

With LX, could there be some kind of setback where she is displaying symptoms that she can't stop and that someone may have to help her with? would that be a realistic scenario?

I just see that ZYT (and XY maybe as well) is gonna have to be involved in a Tourette scenario in regard to that dog story and he is in for some pain...

@IamMissBookie @bebebisous33 Qian Ni will probably appear again, I guess she will change her mind about giving up on Yi Ting when she will see him and Xin Yu together. Btw the scene in the opening credit when Xin Yu holds the rose tightly and her hands bleeds maybe hints that Xin Yu will choose to not leave Yi Ting's side and that she will struggle to be with him even when she finds out that he has been using her. I really love her expression in that scene, I hope we see her like that! In episode 8, Yi Ting said that he will let her go after he gets his revenge on Lin Man but I guess even if Lin Man is innocent Yi Ting will still choose to distance himself from Xin Yu because he will probably feel ashamed of the things he had done but in the end Xin Yu will forgive him.

20 minutes ago, dramaa said:

Btw the scene in the opening credit when Xin Yu holds the rose tightly and her hands bleeds maybe hints that Xin Yu will choose to not leave Yi Ting's side and that she will struggle to be with him even when she finds out that he has been using her. I really love her expression in that scene, I hope we see her like that!

Yes, I love that opening credit.

I think the rose scene is just as you say...and that in fact, she is stronger than she looks. Her expression sort of matches his expression at the end when he hugs her from behind, except that her expression is stronger than his! She is able to endure and will stay with him.

She does run from the house, which is really YT's big chessboard, but YT needs to get out of that house, too!

YT, y'all need to go back to the farm!

7 hours ago, beijinhos said:

wow! this is a great explanation and a wonderful story for that student, thanks very much...I looked up Tourette but I got the wrong idea of seizures. So is is some kind of "looping" behavior? Like with your student: repeating writing some signs, and then does someone (who understands) have to help them stop the repetition, or do they learn how to do it themselves?

With LX, could there be some kind of setback where she is displaying symptoms that she can't stop and that someone may have to help her with? would that be a realistic scenario?

I just see that ZYT (and XY maybe as well) is gonna have to be involved in a Tourette scenario in regard to that dog story and he is in for some pain...

No, they really can't control their body. You have to help them to focus on something else. When I noticed during a test, the boy was starting with his moves, I had to come to him and talk to him so that his concentration was more back to the test. From what I heard, he only had some medicine. But after the puberty, the symptoms can either lessen or remain like that. His mother was hoping for an improvement with aging and it did, however he still showed some symptoms, but it was better managed.

@dramaa Actually, I am hoping that even if LX learns the truth about ZYT, she still chooses to remain by his side. That's what would make the drama so different. I interpretated the scene with the rose like you.

hello everybody, 

Wow, enjoyed reading your analysis. You said it all. 

Just wondering, If Xinyu had shares in her mom's company, but somebody sold it without her knowledge, can't she rectify it? Doesn't she has the right to question it to the board because she's one of the company's stakeholders before. I don't know how the Corporate World works but who can join the board meeting? On the other hand, how burdensome it is for Yiting once everything is revealed. They need each other to withstand this crisis. Meanwhile, been looking forward to more sexual intimacy keke between Yiting and Xinyu but the story is getting intense when will it happens, keke Already fed up with my imagination keke 

Post #300!

Wow, this thread is on fire! 

Hehehe, @songielove, I'll try my best!

@bebebisous33 @dramaa @beijinhos Qianni is going to appear soon, and bring complete doom with her! *cue evil laugh*

She is impulsive and doesn't care much about her actions, especially if she is in a private setting. So I'm guessing she's going to pull some tricks to separate them right when they would finally start to get comfortable with each other. Also, remember ZY cannot tell anyone that his engagement is over, so that can probably play out... Oh, and when he finds out about her illness, he is going to be crushed because he deliberately put her in Qianni's warpath in the beginning and did little to help her. Also how he forced her to work at the farm, even when they were all hostile towards her. That is going to be an interesting scene.

About the opening, notice the opening scene, ZY puts down the glass and picks up the queen. Like I said before, the queen is an important chess piece and can even bring down the king, but notice further in the MV, LX walks in clutching the same queen. Maybe that first scene ZY is lamenting his loss.

If we go frame by frame with this, the story starts in the present, with flashbacks comprising of the most of the MV. On the chess board, every other piece is scattered except the queen, that is placed exactly where LX placed it. Then shows that she is running down in a hurry, like she was in the first scene of the series, and then ZY catches her, like he rescues her from the crowd. The frame shattering is a symbol of how he destroyed her mother's business. When she looks at his hand for injuries, it is shown that she is caring for her and ZY looks at her with a bewildering expression, like he can't believe it. This is the current track of the show. ZY is flustered and doesn't know how to act around her while she has started caring for her.

See when she clutches the rose, ZY is extremely disturbed and when she cries, he becomes frustrated. The scenes of them being happy and all lovey-dovey are something that are going to come now, something that ZY will think of later and lament over. Because in the MV he is frustrated and reminiscing them together, so maybe something has screwed them up already. 

I think the rose is symbolic of how LX is going to take on his troubles and help him, despite the problems and threats surrounding him, all with a smile. 

Something is puzzling me though, and it is the ending. ZY's cunning smile and LX's sweet and trusting expression makes me believe that ZY will pull something at the end in order to get her back to his side, especially when he realizes that he is nothing without her. I would love that, instead of seeing a lovelorn ZY acting all mooney. 

4 hours ago, ate said:

I don't know how the Corporate World works but who can join the board meeting? On the other hand, how burdensome it is for Yiting once everything is revealed. They need each other to withstand this crisis. Meanwhile, been looking forward to more sexual intimacy keke between Yiting and Xinyu but the story is getting intense when will it happens, keke Already fed up with my imagination keke 

hi @ate

I don't know about the corp world either, but I imagine ZYT has a majority of shares, or, he and Mr. Tang do, and he has some kind of power to make decisions to bring Leisheng down, or take it over, and he is in for a world of hurt when the truth (whatever it is) comes out because I think he got his target all wrong, in other words, what if he finds out that Lin Man was just as much as a victim as his parents, and who knows? How did LX's father die? Natural causes?

kekeke!!!! Imaginations running wild...yeah, enough already with these imaginary scenes, let's get some "reality," (as if this drama is reality!) like, is LX really kissing ZYT (in ep 10 preview) or is that another one of her imagined scenarios?

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, they really can't control their body. You have to help them to focus on something else.

So perhaps something like this maybe happens to LX and ZYT finds out about it this way...

1 hour ago, dramaa said:

Looks like Qian Ni will appear in episode 10

Uh oh...

@beijinhos No, XM has to tell ZYT about it. Only because LX mentioned that she spent a lot of time at the hospital and couldn't control her body, he found out. I don't think that ZYT can find it out the same way. That would be too weird. But I guess, if something happens to LX and XM hears about it, he will have to tell ZYT about it.

I believe that once QI hears from her father that ZYT is able to relaxe and can love someone, she will try again and starts to hurt LX again!

Archived