[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

2 hours ago, IamMissBookie said:

Hello people!

I know I'm a little late, but for some reason, Soompi was not allowing me to post :tears:

I'm loving the drama and your guys' comments and interactions on it! It makes it easier waiting for the next episode!!! :blush:

Jaiyo!

smileysWelcome to this thread, chingu! cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532The more we are, the better it is! cheetahSo you're not late at all.

By the way, I have been wondering if ZY's bad eating habit (only eating noodles) is not related to his familial situation too. Sure, the time factor is important. Yet, he refused that QI prepared dinner for him. In my opinion, he doesn't want to be reminded of the good homemade meals because this would make him miss his family (brother and mother) so much.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, it is not slow because the main point of this drama is for YT to give up his revenge plan. Notice that he hasn't given it up yet, although his brother XM asked him to. He was upset that LM had escaped.

Then we can see from the new preview that XM will discover that his brother has feelings for LX... and he realises the importance of LX in his life. Only LX can repare the relationship between Damao (ZY) and his mother. 

@dramaa Thanks for the new preview!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 I love it. cute-rabbit-emoticon-10.gif?1301940529We will more OTP scenes again. I had thought first that the bad guys were sent by Mr. Tang. Yet I had another idea: what if the "thugs" are not planned by Mr. Tang but by his brother XM in order to make him realise how much LX means to him.

We haved heard in the last episode that he keeps people at a certain distance in order to make sure that noone finds his weakness. That's why he has never showed his care and concern to the people from the farm in the open. Yet, LXN has become his weakness... I am now wondering(if it is Mr. Tang) why MR. Tang is targeting LX:

- Does he want to know what kind of relationship the both have?

- Does he want to test if ZY is really targeting LM or if he has other plans?

@raewonkim After this episode, I am hoping that the writer won't make LM as a victim... I mean, it would be great if LM did something wrong in the first place (poisoning powder milk). Then later she got framed herself with the illegal transactions aso... This would be a deserved payback so that she has learnt her lesson. Moreover, it would be great if LX was distancing herself from her mother for her wrongdoing.

In EP8,Xin Yu realizes the wrongdoings of her mother. Hope she can resolve the problems in the farm and to all people that suffers so that she will be loved by them.   

BEBEBISOUS33, your interpretation on the scenes is very clear that made me understand the story well.

Hmm, maybe.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

smileysWelcome to this thread, chingu! cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532The more we are, the better it is! cheetahSo you're not late at all.

By the way, I have been wondering if ZY's bad eating habit (only eating noodles) is not related to his familial situation too. Sure, the time factor is important. Yet, he refused that QI prepared dinner for him. In my opinion, he doesn't want to be reminded of the good homemade meals because this would make him miss his family (brother and mother) so much.

Or it can be because he doesn't want to forget his eariler days of suffering. Remember, in one flashback, he's eating instant noodles, they fall down when he saves Qianni? He was away from home, suffering and working under Mr. Tang only because LM ruined everything for him. Maybe it's one of his ways to make sure that he remembers his sufferings that were caused by LM so that he can keep his head in the game (though we all know that's not going to happen :grimace:)

And can someone please translate the trailer above? I have 0.01% understanding of Chinese!

@Annie Choice and @IamMissBookie I try to translate, but I'm not sure if my translation is 100% correct since my chinese is weak:

Xiao Mao says to Yi Ting that the way he protects/cares for Xin Yu is exact the same way their father cared for their mother and he says that he originally doesn't have a cold personality. Later he says to him that maybe Xin Yu is the one who can change him.In the end of the preview when Yi Ting holds Xin Yu's hand, Yi Ting says that she doesn't have to worry.

8 hours ago, IamMissBookie said:

Hmm, maybe.

Or it can be because he doesn't want to forget his eariler days of suffering. Remember, in one flashback, he's eating instant noodles, they fall down when he saves Qianni? He was away from home, suffering and working under Mr. Tang only because LM ruined everything for him. Maybe it's one of his ways to make sure that he remembers his sufferings that were caused by LM so that he can keep his head in the game (though we all know that's not going to happen :grimace:)

And can someone please translate the trailer above? I have 0.01% understanding of Chinese!

Yes, that's another good explanation too. good job onion headHe doesn't want to lose his focus and wants to be reminded of the past (the struggling). 

@raewonkim Yes, LX knows that her mother is responsible for ruining the farm, but she still doesn't know the whole story, f. ex. 

- Damao (ZY) is the real son of that family and the owner of that farm. So far, she just knows that he comes from the farm. She still thinks, XM is the biological son. Imagine how devastated she will be, when she discovers that LM is responsible for ruining the relationship between ZY and his mother. She was shocked to see how the mother rejected ZY. ZY is well aware that it will affect her very much.

- She is still left in the dark that it was her mother's idea to use the poisoned powder milk and ZY's father refused in the first place and that she used the scandal to buy the land and do some construction there.

The more I think about it, the more I have the impression that the relationship between LX and her mother will be damaged and never be the same, the more she discovers the truth. LX will become the daughter of ZY's mother (that's what she wants)... LX will do anything to make the mother forget about the loss of that farm. 

As for the episode 9, I have the impression that ZY could finally confess. Why? Because in the episode 8, we had this funny story how to confess to a girl. XM wanted to write it on a card, while ZY had proposed to fake an attack so that the guy would show his "strength" and prove how much he loves the girl... willing to protect her. So in the next episode, LX is for real assaulted and ZY is doing everything to protect her!

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, that's another good explanation too. good job onion headHe doesn't want to lose his focus and wants to be reminded of the past (the struggling). 

@raewonkim Yes, LX knows that her mother is responsible for ruining the farm, but she still doesn't know the whole story, f. ex. 

- Damao (ZY) is the real son of that family and the owner of that farm. So far, she just knows that he comes from the farm. She still thinks, XM is the biological son. Imagine how devastated she will be, when she discovers that LM is responsible for ruining the relationship between ZY and his mother. She was shocked to see how the mother rejected ZY. ZY is well aware that it will affect her very much.

- She is still left in the dark that it was her mother's idea to use the poisoned powder milk and ZY's father refused in the first place and that she used the scandal to buy the land and do some construction there.

The more I think about it, the more I have the impression that the relationship between LX and her mother will be damaged and never be the same, the more she discovers the truth. LX will become the daughter of ZY's mother (that's what she wants)... LX will do anything to make the mother forget about the loss of that farm. 

As for the episode 9, I have the impression that ZY could finally confess. Why? Because in the episode 8, we had this funny story how to confess to a girl. XM wanted to write it on a card, while ZY had proposed to fake an attack so that the guy would show his "strength" and prove how much he loves the girl... willing to protect her. So in the next episode, LX is for real assaulted and ZY is doing everything to protect her!

Hmm, you put forth a valid point. But the more I think about it, the more that attack appears to be orchestrated. You know, now that I think about it, it may be ZY who did it in the first place. Notice how from the beginning he made sure that LX would become dependant on him, be it putting her on Qianni's bad books or having Xiaoyue as her compannion and friend. Maybe when XM confessed his feelings for LX and when he saw them holding hands and being all lovey-dovey on the farm, he felt that control over LX slipping and hence orchetrated this attack to make sure that she falls for him and stays dependant only on him. But I could be wrong. 

3 hours ago, Annie Choice said:

i wish we had some good fanfiction writers on this thread.. to pass the week we could have some multiple versions of fan fiction type ep 9 :)

Lol, I think you can stew over this theory and immagniation will take care of the rest :glasses:

@IamMissBookie Yes, I have been thinking about ZY's involvement too. In the past, it was ZY's idea to plan the fake attack in order to help his friend to confess to the girl! The attack was so funny by the way:grin:. However, XM noticed the awkward look between LX and ZY at the farm, after LX confessed that she was interested in XM. So he will try to push his brother into that direction. Based from the preview, XM visits ZY in his hotel and he talks about LX to ZY showing that XM has seen him through. I also believe that the young boy (forgot his name) will tell XM that his "brother" was LX's real savior. Honestly, I had been missing how the old ZY (with his tricks so that he could look good in front of her). Yet, the more time passed on, the less he acted like that in the open: the accident, the gummybears, the mommy pillow ... Although he heard her confession, he kept his distance from her. The way he looked at the rooftop was really telling. He doesn't want to reveal his true feelings and wants to keep his distance. But maybe the bike tour and her touch will be the trigger for ZY to change his mind. 

@IamMissBokkie  in the first preview Yi Ting  learns that Lin Man will meet with Xin Yu so yeah maybe he is the who plans it. But in the new preview Yi Ting looks worried about her also I hope it's Mr.Tang's men or Xiao Mao who's behind the attack. If it's Xiao Mao I think he will do it because he want to learn how much Xin Yu means to Yi Ting.

hello everybody,

15 hours ago, raewonkim said:

In EP8,Xin Yu realizes the wrongdoings of her mother. Hope she can resolve the problems in the farm and to all people that suffers so that she will be loved by them.   

BEBEBISOUS33, your interpretation on the scenes is very clear that made me understand the story well.

Yeah, that's part of Yiting's plan, that's why he allowed her to work at the farm to discover the misdeed of her mom because from the start she really thinks her mom isn't a bad person. 

@bebebisous33, I think the assault was real. Glad she was assaulted and Yiting saved her because she would fall for him more. keke

Btw, can't Xinyu sense that Yiting has deep knowledge about Linman's misdeed? If I were her, since we are a bit close now, I would ask him directly about it?

39 minutes ago, ate said:

hello everybody,

Yeah, that's part of Yiting's plan, that's why he allowed her to work at the farm to discover the misdeed of her mom because from the start she really thinks her mom isn't a bad person. 

@bebebisous33, I think the assault was real. Glad she was assaulted and Yiting saved her because she would fall for him more. keke

Btw, can't Xinyu sense that Yiting has deep knowledge about Linman's misdeed? If I were her, since we are a bit close now, I would ask him directly about it?

Yes, I had that feeling too. ZY looked really worried. Moreover, how would he get the earrings from the mother? After thinking over again, I believe, the attack looks real.

Yes, I had that feeling too. ZY looked really worried. Moreover, how would he get the earrings from the mother? After thinking over again, I believe, the attack looks real.

Hmm, maybe. But when Xiaoyue met LX, he gave no indication that he knew Xiaoyue. It maybe an act or it maybe real, who knows? The wait is still on!! :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, IamMissBookie said:

Hmm, maybe. But when Xiaoyue met LX, he gave no indication that he knew Xiaoyue. It maybe an act or it maybe real, who knows? The wait is still on!! :sweatingbullets:

When LX met Xiaoyue for the first time, ZY had already met Xiaoyue in my opinion. That's why she invited LX to eat something and to sleep at her flat. From the day of LX and JXY's first meeting, two days and one night had passed. I believe, during this time, ZY must have searched for someone who needed help and was around LX's age. They met during the second night on the street.

When LX met Xiaoyue for the first time, ZY had already met Xiaoyue in my opinion. That's why she invited to eat something and to sleep at her flat. From the day of LX and JXY's first meeting, two days and one night had passed. I believe, during this time, ZY must have searched for someone who needed help and was around LX's age. They met during the second night on the street.

Yes, that can happen. But notice how we didn't get to know that ZY and Xiaoyue were known to each other until it was told. That means this can be fake too. Ohh, I just can't wait until next week!

Oh, and BTW, does anyone know what song was playing when Xiaoyue and LX were waiting at the bus stop, right before the ad break? I couldn't find it anywhere....

21 minutes ago, IamMissBookie said:

Yes, that can happen. But notice how we didn't get to know that ZY and Xiaoyue were known to each other until it was told. That means this can be fake too. Ohh, I just can't wait until next week!

Oh, and BTW, does anyone know what song was playing when Xiaoyue and LX were waiting at the bus stop, right before the ad break? I couldn't find it anywhere....

I think it's by Shi Shi, the same singer that sings the opening song. Her album is out but the song is not in the album, maybe it will be out as a single.

1 minute ago, IamMissBookie said:

What do you mean by fake? I don't think that what we saw in the episode 4 is untrue. ZY hired JX in order to watch over LX and help him to become LX's cold sun! Remember the incident with the dog. He knew that LX was afraid of dog. Notice that JXY kept calling ZY as devil or jerk for a while, even warned LX many times about ZY. But now she doesn't call him like that anymore. She doesn't see him as devil any longer, but as a tiger. Her characterization is really important: smart, dangerous but magnificent and lonely! Some tiger can be tamed. As conclusion she has realised that his cold behaviour doesn't reflect his true personality. She can understand him why he is so eager to get revenged.  

To me, I am curious to see how QI will react, when she sees that ZY has fallen for LX. I know that she will be mad, but what will she do? She told ZY that he is not allowed to announce the breakup to anyone. However I can't imagine that ZY will allow QI to lie to LX because after the episode 9, he clearly knows that she has feelings for him (putting her hand into his is a strong signal). He will have to find a way to reseolve the issue without breaking his promise.

I have imagined that QI might try to harm LX by divulging LX's address to the creditors, then by tarnishing LX's reputation again (using the media f. ex): her mother was a thief and LX is herself a thief. She seduced my fiance aso. First, she stole my fiance's ring. QI paints herself as poor victim and LX is the perpetrator. If she does that, I am sure that ZY will be able to turn the things around: revealing QI's true character

- the visit at the jail and how she blackmailed LX (there was someone in the cell)

- when LX begged QI at the restaurant (humiliation witnessed by the staff)

- the incident with the ring in the trash

- ZY can testify that LX never stole the engagement ring   

20 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What do you mean by fake? I don't think that what we saw in the episode 4 is untrue. ZY hired JX in order to watch over LX and help him to become LX's cold sun! Remember the incident with the dog. He knew that LX was afraid of dog. Notice that JXY kept calling ZY as devil or jerk for a while, even warned LX many times about ZY. But now she doesn't call him like that anymore. She doesn't see him as devil any longer, but as a tiger. Her characterization is really important: smart, dangerous but magnificent and lonely! Some tiger can be tamed. As conclusion she has realised that his cold behaviour doesn't reflect his true personality. She can understand him why he is so eager to get revenged.  

To me, I am curious to see how QI will react, when she sees that ZY has fallen for LX. I know that she will be mad, but what will she do? She told ZY that he is not allowed to announce the breakup to anyone. However I can't imagine that ZY will allow QI to lie to LX because after the episode 9, he clearly knows that she has feelings for him (putting her hand into his is a strong signal). He will have to find a way to reseolve the issue without breaking his promise.

I have imagined that QI might try to harm LX by divulging LX's address to the creditors, then by tarnishing LX's reputation again (using the media f. ex): her mother was a thief and LX is herself a thief. She seduced my fiance aso. First, she stole my fiance's ring. QI paints herself as poor victim and LX is the perpetrator. If she does that, I am sure that ZY will be able to turn the things around: revealing QI's true character

- the visit at the jail and how she blackmailed LX (there was someone in the cell)

- when LX begged QI at the restaurant (humiliation witnessed by the staff)

- the incident with the ring in the trash

- ZY can testify that LX never stole the engagement ring   

No, no. When I said fake, I meant the attack.

Yes, that is true. Notice how in epi 8, she even tried to play matchmaker and complately blocked XM from confessing his feelings.

But I think Mr. Tang is going to be the one to bring ZY down. In the preview, when he rolls down the window of his car and sees them getting all lovey-dovey, and after he will find out that LM and ZY have bad blood b/t them, he will try to take dwn ZY first, so that his own wrong doings are not exposed. Whether he uses QI or not is debatable. He is a clever man who keeps his cards close to himself, so I believe the final battle will be b/t Mr. Tang and ZY, with LM and LX being mere pawns in the game. 

But there is also something very confusing. Here, every small thing has a meaning and logic. So, in the opening credits, LX has the queen in her hand. Queen is the ultimate chess piece and can even topple the king, so does this mean that, ultimately, LX will become the reason for ZY's fall?

I was watching the opening credits today, and then the scenes that come right before the ad break, notice that in one LX tries to run away from the castle, that was previously been shared by her and ZY. And in the opening credits itself ZY is shown to regret his actions, but at the end, they both end up with each other, with LX smiling happily while ZY smiling in a rather sinister way. So, maybe they get back together at the end due to ZY's scheming. Though I doubt it, but it is still a possibility. Because from how ZY is shown, and once he realises LX's value in his life, he will do anything to keep here there. Just like he is using every mean possible to take revenge on LM.

God, that got a bit long :w00t:

42 minutes ago, IamMissBookie said:

No, no. When I said fake, I meant the attack.

Yes, that is true. Notice how in epi 8, she even tried to play matchmaker and complately blocked XM from confessing his feelings.

But I think Mr. Tang is going to be the one to bring ZY down. In the preview, when he rolls down the window of his car and sees them getting all lovey-dovey, and after he will find out that LM and ZY have bad blood b/t them, he will try to take dwn ZY first, so that his own wrong doings are not exposed. Whether he uses QI or not is debatable. He is a clever man who keeps his cards close to himself, so I believe the final battle will be b/t Mr. Tang and ZY, with LM and LX being mere pawns in the game. 

But there is also something very confusing. Here, every small thing has a meaning and logic. So, in the opening credits, LX has the queen in her hand. Queen is the ultimate chess piece and can even topple the king, so does this mean that, ultimately, LX will become the reason for ZY's fall?

I was watching the opening credits today, and then the scenes that come right before the ad break, notice that in one LX tries to run away from the castle, that was previously been shared by her and ZY. And in the opening credits itself ZY is shown to regret his actions, but at the end, they both end up with each other, with LX smiling happily while ZY smiling in a rather sinister way. So, maybe they get back together at the end due to ZY's scheming. Though I doubt it, but it is still a possibility. Because from how ZY is shown, and once he realises LX's value in his life, he will do anything to keep here there. Just like he is using every mean possible to take revenge on LM.

God, that got a bit long :w00t:

I don't think, Mr Tang will be able to bring him down. First, it was mentioned that thanks to ZY, Mr Tang could get a huge contract in the past. So from that moment, ZY got respect from Mr. Tang. In fact, ZY helped Mr Tang for many years in order to gain his trust and get his help, once ZY needed help. His help had one purpose: defeat LM. ZY needed Mr. Tang's help in order to ruin Leisheng company. That's what Mr Tang has just realised.

Mr Tang thought that ZY was an ambitious man therefore he wanted him to get engaged to his daughter. He thought that ZY was just like him. Yet, he gets aware that ZY's help served for a different purpose. This shows his determination and stubbornness. Now, ZY has called off the engagement and he has no real reason to help Mr. Tang in the future, since he doesn't need his help any longer. Moreover, our protagonist is even suspecting MR. Tang that the latter is the one who leaked the info and helped LM which means Mr Tang betrayed him. Knowing that ZY is someone who worked for so many years with the only goal to destroy LM, I can imagine that MR. Tang might fear that ZY starts going after him as well. It is only a question of time, until ZY discovers that Mr. Tang acted behind his back and betrayed him. He can even discover that MR Tang committed a crime himself, like for example the illegal transactions and the selling of LX' shares. We all know that ZY is someone who is seeking for justice, as such he could target Mr Tang as well.

If the attack is ordered by MR. Tang, then ZY won't let him go easily.

You're right that LX is represented as the Queen (chess game), but only to her, ZY will surrender and show his caring soft side. That's what the defeat means... he will be defeated by her: his love for her will change him. Yet, LX will discover the truth that he manipulated her. I am just hoping that LX will overlook it, when she knows the whole story. Moreover, his help was already half-genuine from the start, since he told her in the car that he had suffered something similar and noone was there to help him back then. I hope, she realises that ZY has been the biggest victim in the end:

- he lost the farm, his father, his mother, his friend

- he spent many years to support the abandoned workers and gave up his own life in order to get some justice for his father 

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't think, Mr Tang will be able to bring him down. First, it was mentioned that thanks to ZY, Mr Tang could get a huge contract in the past. So from that moment, ZY got respect from Mr. Tang. In fact, ZY helped Mr Tang for many years in order to gain his trust and get his help, once ZY needed help. His help had one purpose: defeat LM. ZY needed Mr. Tang's help in order to ruin Leisheng company. That's what Mr Tang has just realised.

Mr Tang thought that ZY was an ambitious man therefore he wanted him to get engaged to his daughter. He thought that ZY was just like him. Yet, he gets aware that ZY's help served for a different purpose. This shows his determination and stubbornness. Now, ZY has called off the engagement and he has no real reason to help Mr. Tang in the future, since he doesn't need his help any longer. Moreover, our protagonist is even suspecting MR. Tang that the latter is the one who leaked the info and helped LM which means Mr Tang betrayed him. Knowing that ZY is someone who worked for so many years with the only goal to destroy LM, I can imagine that MR. Tang might fear that ZY starts going after him as well. It is only a question of time, until ZY discovers that Mr. Tang acted behind his back and betrayed him. He can even discover that MR Tang committed a crime himself, like for example the illegal transactions and the selling of LX' shares. We all know that ZY is someone who is seeking for justice, as such he could target Mr Tang as well.

If the attack is ordered by MR. Tang, then ZY won't let him go easily.

You're right that LX is represented as the Queen (chess game), but only to her, ZY will surrender and show his caring soft side. That's what the defeat means... he will be defeated by her: his love for her will change him. Yet, LX will discover the truth that he manipulated her. I am just hoping that LX will overlook him, when she knows the whole story: he has been the biggest victim in the end:

- he lost the farm, his father, his mother, his friend

- he spent many years to support the abandoned workers and gave up his own life in order to get some justice for his father 

I understand where you're coming from, but more often than not, in revenge dramas anyone can make a play and get the upperhand. No matter if that person had power before or not, at the end it all depends on who comes on top. Mr. Tang seems to be going in the direction of going behind ZY and setting traps for him. Remember, if he can pull this all off and potray LM as the guilty party then he can become someone who is a threat to ZY as well.

We're forgetting the professor! He is yet to be shown. I wonder how it will all go down with ZY. Maybe he will be the final block that will make XY realize the game ZY has played? If the king yeilds to the queen, then he is giving her the ultimate power. Remember how LX said that she doesn't like people who lie and that she never speaks to them. If she does this with ZY, then she just might end up defeating the king entirely. Yes, ZY is the ultimate victim here, and that might make LX have a soft spot for him and maybe even forgive him, having him change his views and all.

I'm still secretly hoping that she won't forgive him and ZY will underhandedly try to make her love him again. It's wrong, I know, but it will fit perfectly into the story...

I mean, this will make up for a more intresting storyline that the regular "Oh, it's alright. I still love you." storyline :grimace:

Archived