[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@beijinhos  cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532Welcome to this thread smileysand to this forum! red crabThe more we are, the better it is! cheerleader pink mouseActually I am a moderator for K-dramas! 

I agree with you that ZYT has been too blinded by his pain and revenge to reveal discover the truth behind the poisoned milk incident. He is blaming LM, yet when he hears that she has been chased, he doesn't even wonder about the reason. Since they used illegal means, this means that there is a huge secret. The person knew where to find LX. I can only think of Dr. SZ. He was a close friend of the family. The more ZYT hurts LX for his revenge, the more he will get hurt himself in the process.  I guess, his revenge against LM was the trigger to reveal the past. LM lost everything and she has nothing to lose, if she unveils the truth.

Thank you!

I think Dr. SZ is gonna have to have a big backstory to explain why he created the ingenious mayhem!

ZYT has been so directed in his plan for so long that he's gonna be slow to realize anything outside of his narrow revenge "box."

LX is more fluid and quicker to see what is in front of her. She doesn't have a plan.

Where is LM? The third party doesn't have her because they were trying to kidnap LX to bring her out. Mr. Tang doesn't have her either...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, beijinhos said:

Thank you!

I think Dr. SZ is gonna have to have a big backstory to explain why he created the ingenious mayhem!

ZYT has been so directed in his plan for so long that he's gonna be slow to realize anything outside of his narrow revenge "box."

LX is more fluid and quicker to see what is in front of her. She doesn't have a plan.

Where is LM? The third party doesn't have her because they were trying to kidnap LX to bring her out. Mr. Tang doesn't have her either...

What if Uncle Qing is helping LM?... We know that Mr Tang helped her in the start. But what if Uncle Qing had decided to remain by her side. We shouldn't forget that LM used to work with Mr. Tang. MAybe LM had an even closer relationship with Uncle Qing than with Mr. Tang. 

By the way, I am glad to have such a good exchange of thoughts with you!

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

You're right. There is still Uncle Qing as suspect. First I suspected him but since he only appeared once and was barely mentioned (three times), I kind of ruled him out. Yet, he could be in it too. I began to suspect more the doctor because 

- he was described as a close friend of the family

- LX contacted him first

- he is more mentioned because of the mails sent to him which are in reality sent to ZYT

- Remember that LX mentioned that she traveled with her friend SZ to the Nederlands which means that she spent a lot of time with him. What if Dr SZ had used LX to blackmail the mother without LX's knowledge?

Okay, my imagination is running wild right now. Notice that LM had no idea that her daughter was coming to Taiwan. This is no coincidence.

Yes, this makes sense: he IS more mentioned, more fleshed out as a character, than Uncle Qing.

But who ruined the farm to take over the land? This may be just Mr. Tang, and Yi Ting doesn't know that Mr. Tang was maneuvering Lin Man to get the land to build on? That is was Mr. Tang that destroyed his parents. Someone on Lin Man's Board of Directors is a spy...

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What if Uncle Qing is helping LM?... We know that Mr Tang helped her in the start. But what if Uncle Qing had decided to remain by her side. We shouldn't forget that LM used to work with Mr. Tang. MAybe LM had an even closer relationship with Uncle Qing than with Mr. Tang. 

By the way, I am glad to have such a good exchange of thoughts with you!

I'm getting better at this "quoting" thingy!!!

There may be a difference in ethics between Uncle Qing and Mr. Tang. I remember that one scene where Qianni want to hire someone to kill LX and Mr. Tang is very calm and rational about why that's not a good idea, but he's not ethical in his reasons why that's not a good idea!

The heartbreak for Yi Ting would be to find out the person who he partnered with to take down LM is actually the person who destroyed his parents. The dramatic lessons of revenge!! One thing I keep thinking is, "like mother, like daughter": how would LX act if she were being blackmailed and threatened in some horrible way? Would she go along until she could reveal the wrongdoings?

For example, why didn't LM stop the car and talk to YT? Was she being blackmailed already at that point?

***And to you as well, I appreciate exchanging with you and having been able to come here and read all the good ideas everyone puts forward each week while we wait for the next episode!***

@bestsparklez Like how she guides/narrate the fireplace imagination, I would believe that's what happened with the other scenario (...except ZYT had input and was rejected). In LXY's imagined world, she saves him, but I think she'll ultimately be his savior in real life too. :)

The preview. :wub: Thank you @quartz13. That was my same thought, @bebebisous33! Whatever ZYT plans will come back at him. I imagine he would stand by to see the action unfold, reminiscent of the opening scene. It would have probably gone according to plan, but this time, he would be too affected to not step in to protect LXY. His frustration at her is really frustration at himself. His expression at the end when she is crying... he is breaking. I can't wait for ep10!

@raewonkim Here is something fun for Macus-Eugenie fans. BTS from their magazine shoot with SPop. <3

Cr. 完全娛樂 ShowBiz

It feels so good to be back!!

Saw this weeks episode, and the feels! I was getting goosebumps from just watching these two! 

I heard that many people were quite disappointed with this epi, but for me, it was sort of the highlight of the show.

Let's explore some points:

- The breakfast scene :heart: I mean, it was sweet enough to give someone diabetes! She ran out, without thinking about anything but him. The whole voucher thing was just the cherry on top. The was she was interacting with ZY, open and carefree, it was a breath of fresh air. Before, although she has been cheerful and carefree, this was the first time that she had thrown caution to the wind and behaved like herself. Notice how ZY is himself surprised in the beginning, but then eventually warms up to her. He even indulges her, taking her vouchers... I wonder if he will make use of them sometime in the near future.. The way her was looking at her, like he wants to eat her *yum*

- It was also cute to see ZY getting all flustered when she started piecing things together. He got all flustered and told her to write another voucher. I think this is a positive step in character development for both ZY and LX. He's finally smiling and letting up while she is getting comfortable and loosing the caution.

- Hehehehe, it was also amusing when she has to go pay and she realizes that she never bought her wallet. That is when ZY also realizes that she ran down after seeing her. His face get's scrunched up, all cute, and then he stands up and pays the bill.

- Bike scene!!!! While going, he was constantly needling her about going fast, and while she was all flustered and annoyed, she still tried her best. And while comping back, ZY was actually playful! See how when she held him, he closed his hands over her's and held them steady for a min before letting go. That might have been because he was afraid that she would pull back, so her stayed her hands himself. And then it was pure fluff. Hehehe, you sure are speeding up, ZY! (I think Mr. Tang may not have recognized LX, but chances are that he had. His snide tone irritated the hell out of me.)

- That little flashback, the first meeting of ZY and LX puts things into perspective. You know, I just realized one thing. While ZY wanted LM and had every reason to surveil her, he had addition pics as well, that were solo shots of LX. While it is common to surveil people around LM, but from the looks of it, they were deliberate. It could be said that he wanted some extra leverage against LM, but LX was not supposed to be in the country when everything went down. So, maybe then she left quite an impression on ZY. Notice his expression went completely blank for a second before he replied. With the way he treated Qianni later on, I think he was simply suffering from the LX effect. :grimace:

- It was also cute how LX was determined to clear the air regarding her and XM's relationship. She knew he had gotten the wrong idea about them and wanted to clear it up. Atta girl! Also, ZY's laugh at her explanation! Her words were pure gold though. I was also laughing at the visual of a mere girl bullying the mountainous XM, while LX comes to his rescue on a white horse!!

- ZY was certainly happy hearing it, his smile later on said it all :glasses:

-  I don't think Mr. Tang could be our villain here. Firstly, he is helping LM out of a sense of, albeit misplaced, old friendship. He has been her partner for many years, and surly the profits earned from the investments in Leishing would have helped Mr. Tang immensely. While he was happy to crossover to the winning side, his small loyalty to LM makes him more of a side character that has the potential to cause trouble in the future, but not act as a main villain. He's more concerned about himself than destroying the other. So, when the time comes, he will side with the winning team, and that might not be ZY (if her discovers that he helped LM), but at the end of the day, all he is to do is take sides and try to survive this war.

- I didn't see a peep of Qianni here. While I'm not missing her extremely annoying and spoiled character, she is not the one to sit out quietly. Can this be the silence before the storm? Especially when she realizes that ZY chose LX over her?

10 hours ago, dramaa said:

@quartz13 People shout ''Lin Man's daughter!'' Yi Ting talks about suing Lin Man.Then Yi Ting says to Xin Yu ''Are you crazy? Don't you know what those people will do to you?'' In the next scene Xin Yu says'' My mother's and father's hard work...'' (not really sure if this is what she exactly says)

Thanks @dramaaand @quartz13for these!

So I'm putting the two ep 10 previews together in order (by the costumes they are wearing) this is what I'm imagining and I'll hide it just for those who don't want to think about this stuff!

Spoiler

After the presentation, LX sees YT sitting outside (another one of those cliff hangers: does she imagine it, or does she really approach him and lean close to him as if to kiss him?)

On another day, LX is at the farm and hears YT and XM talk about the accident and she now knows YT is her "savior"

Later, LX is back at the rooftop apartment telling XY that she won't burden YT with her feelings for him; XY is getting more anxious that her friend has more growing feelings for YT

From the last scene in ep 9, LX is already planning to go to the board meeting to show herself to her mom

LX goes on her own to Leisheng Corp (I think XT might have planned to bring her, but in the end, he did or didn't, I'm not sure)

Xiaoyue goes with her, you can see her in the crowd on the right

Meanwhile YT is up in the boardroom acting according to his revenge (taking over Leisheng or destroying Leisheng?)

And when he comes down with Shihuan, to his surprise, he sees LX in the crowd of protestors and takes her away (with his board room coat jacket over her head!)

Later on at night, LX decides to go back to her mom's office at Leisheng; she finds that sticky note which makes her cry; maybe LX phones YT, but anyway, YT follows her there

And then YT takes LX back to the rooftop apartment where XY asks YT that question she has asked him before:  "what's gonna happen when LX finds out?"

And then perhaps at the same time as LX is in her bedroom, LX is bemoaning the destruction of her parent's life work

So what does anyone think?

- The goons looking for LM were most definitely not sent by Mr, Tang, or ZY or even XM, but indeed the third Taiwanese party that is looking for LM. Could it be that they were the ones who initially helped her escape but she broke from their clutches and went back to Taiwan on her own? While Mr. Tang warned her of the impending raid, someone else must've helped her escape as well, someone powerful enough to fool ZY even. 

- While I thought the whole kidnapping scene was a little cheesy, I was happy to see LX using her head and not being a hysterical damsel in distress. She was smart when that guy had her at knife-point and also when they were running. I like this LX very much, She's resourceful and not a burden, depending completely on the guy.

- ZY holding her hand was just...*sigh* Although mere mins later his words made me want to hit him, he was still sweet then. He was all out with her, calming her down and playing along with her imagination. Also, did anyone notice when LX was imagining the whole rescue-agent scenario and when she said, "Okay then, CPR" the sly smile on ZY's face when he heard it was so worth it. I think that smile was on his face when he was thinking about it too. Had to rewind and watch it, it was just a fraction of a second, but it was soooooooo cute! He's most definitely all into kissing her :wub:

P.S. Welcome @beijinhos! I'm certainly enjoying your exchanges and contributions. I had forgotten about Uncle Qing. Help me sort, please? Mr. Tang is the original one who assisted LM in escaping to the Philippines and moving within the country, but she disappeared. Uncle Qing or Dr. SZ is either helping her or trying to track her down, hypothetically. So, are there really 3rd and 4th unknown parties? One summoned the attack/kidnapping and the other is helping LM stay low. Unless there isn't a 4th party and she is moving without help. I still have a big hunch it's the doctor after her since his spotty appearances are more frequent. Because of the event, he had a falling out with LM. But what role or ties does he have with the corruption exactly? He has LXY's trust, but knows her too well to use her as bait right away.

So here we are, only in this little piece of the big mystery. The attacker should now be wondering who came to LXY's rescue. In the next episode, they will see that it's ZYT protecting her in public. If this 3rd party already knows where she lives, shouldn't they be curious of ZYT as he is of them? If it's really the doctor, then our hero is far less of the devil.

- It was cute when he turned off his cellphone all the while lamenting over what he is doing. I think because all this is uncharted territory and that LX might as well be his first crush, he is all flustered and out of his mind while trying to make sure that he sticks to the plans and doesn't have any more slip-ups. We were all familiar with the cold and callous ZY, but seeing him appear so suddenly was a shock. The words he said to LX were a combination of frustration and habit. He was frustrated over his own treatment of her and reverted to his old self to handle the situation. It was the safest way out, at least for him.

- But when he turns to look at her, and sees her crying, for a split second he looked utterly devastated. Then he looks all lost and vulnerable, trying to console her. But in the whole thing, wrong words slip out yet again. See when he realizes that he called their kiss a mistake, his expression was like 'you-idiot-why-did-I-even-open-my-mouth'. 

- I'm proud of LX for handling the scene as she did. While she couldn't control her tears, she made sure to keep a dignified front. While her heart was crushed, he strength was still there. She was even tried to smile through her tears,completely breaking my heart... I really felt like killing ZY then :angry:

- While ZY was happy seeing Xiaoyue and XM, he was conflicted. While he was happy that XY would help in bringing LX's mood back to normal, he wanted a chance to explain his words too. Notice at the car, when LX tells him that she will be completely professional in the future, he opens his mouth as if to say something, most probably to to protest against her words, but then thinks again and closes his mouth, instead agreeing with her with a resigned expression. When he turned, LX wanted to stop him, but she held it in and watched his pitiful figure walk away. :confused:

33 minutes ago, songielove said:

P.S. Welcome @beijinhos! I'm certainly enjoying your exchanges and contributions. I had forgotten about Uncle Qing. Help me sort, please? Mr. Tang is the original one who assisted LM in escaping to the Philippines and moving within the country, but she disappeared. Uncle Qing or Dr. SZ is either helping her or trying to track her down, hypothetically. So, are there really 3rd and 4th unknown parties? One summoned the attack/kidnapping and the other is helping LM stay low. Unless there isn't a 4th party and she is moving without help. I still have a big hunch it's the doctor after her since his spotty appearances are more frequent. Because of the event, he had a falling out with LM. But what role or ties does he have with the corruption exactly? He has LXY's trust, but knows her too well to use her as bait right away.

So here we are, only in this little piece of the big mystery. The attacker should now be wondering who came to LXY's rescue. In the next episode, they will see that it's ZYT protecting her in public. If this 3rd party already knows where she lives, shouldn't they be curious of ZYT as he is of them? If it's really the doctor, then our hero is far less of the devil.

Thank you, @songielove, it's good to be here!

I'm not really sure who helped LM escape to the Philippines; I'm always wondering if she was "blackmailed/kidnapped" to the Philippines?

Right, I'm also wondering if now LM is on her own, or escaped somehow from whoever had her?

As far as the Doctor friend, right, he would have to have a big backstory of revenge or greed that we haven't heard about yet

And who supplied the poison milk powder from Australia? Is this how the Doctor SZ is mixed up with things? Since he's involved with biochemistry of some sort?

- I'm a bit confused with this, but in the beginning, LX actually contacted the professor and had a brief exchange with him before ZY intercepted it and directed the mails to himself. Wasn't the professor worried over the sudden lack on communication? Since they are said to have such a good relation, and if LX suddenly stops replying, wouldn't the professor try to make sure that she is alright? It has really puzzled me. 

- I think LM came back when she heard that her daughter was in Taiwan. I'm sure she'll go bonkers when she'll see ZY with her.

- XM won my heart here! He gave up on LX when he saw the depth of ZY's feelings for her! While I wholeheartedly ship ZY with LX, XM has created a soft spot for himself in my heart. He's also now actively participating in repairing his relationship with ZY and all the while trying to bring LX and ZY together as well. He is indeed the big brother! :grin:

- The video montage was a smart idea. It really got to me how ZY reacted on seeing his mum all happy and remembering his childhood. Maybe this gave him hope for a better future relationship with her? Both brothers quoting their father's words was indeed a sight to see. *tears up*

- On a side note, I liked seeing the unselfish LX. She treated ZY's mum and XY to a pampering day, while putting in all her hard-earned money into it. She was just happy being on the sidelines and not getting pampered herself. This show's ow far she has come. Also, she distracted ZY's mum when she sees her slipping into memories, showing her attentive and caring nature...

Can't wait for the next episode!

Just saw the extended trailer and ZY's roar at LX, when he's pulling her away, just melts my heart. But she may there be because he put her there as a bait for her mum, but then he sees her braving the crowd and goes crazy with worry. Dunno, but next week is sure going to be interesting!

Uff! My fingers are just about to fall off :astonished:

Since the arrival of @beijinhos, this thread has been on fire!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-10.gif?1301940529 This is really great!!  cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532

@IamMissBookie @songielove @ate@dramaa 

- Mr Tang is the one who warned her and helped her to escape! He mentioned himself to his new secretary. 

- It is also true that the professor SZ knew that she was in Taiwan. She was able to send him a message.

Then I would like to remind that when LX was interrogated, we hear from the detective that her mother sold LX's shares and LX had no idea that she had shares and that they were sold. So who did this? I have the impression that someone must have faked her signature. Someone used LX's shares and I don't think, it was the mother. The professor seems so close to LX that he might be a second ZYT but in a negative way!!! I can't help myself thinking about ZY's question: "What kind of relationship does she have with him?" And ZYT was right to ask about the nature of their relationship. LX is so close to ZS that she tells him pratically everything. And this is important. Imagine, he could have used LX's trust and innocence in order to get what he wanted.

Imagine when ZYT meets this man and can see through him... It would be really interesting to see a battle between two manipulative persons... I guess, first ZS would get the upperhand because he would be fast to reveal ZYT's manipulative side with the fake account. Moreover, this would make LX lose her best friend JX as well. LX would again rely on SZ again. By the way, this came to my mind that her mother always told LX, only to rely on herself. Why did she make such a comment? I guess, it has something to do with friendship and our mysterious SZ. I have the impression, it is connected!! 

50 minutes ago, IamMissBookie said:

I'm a bit confused with this, but in the beginning, LX actually contacted the professor and had a brief exchange with him before ZY intercepted it and directed the mails to himself. Wasn't the professor worried over the sudden lack on communication? Since they are said to have such a good relation, and if LX suddenly stops replying, wouldn't the professor try to make sure that she is alright? It has really puzzled me. 

Yeah, @IamMissBookieThis is the mystery of the Doctor/professor/Zhong Wen, yeah, why wasn't he worried...unless...he knows where she LX is, or he was out of touch because he's traveling around trying to find LM or...he really doesn't care where LX is because he's concentrating on something else in regard to LM...

Archived