[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

@dramaa I am trying to bring more people here. I have been watching the first episode again and this time, I've noticed that it was quite clear that Mr. Tang was the one who leaked the information to LM and the news, if you look again at his conversation with ZY over the phone. To me, he was happy that LM had escaped and the news was leaked. Moreover, I've observed two things:

- Rumors were circulating that LEishing construction company was facing a financial crisis: someone must have spread it.

- Then allegations that LM was doing illegal transactions and didn't pay her staff properly (embezzlement)                            In my opinion, ZY really believes that LM has done something wrong, based on her past and the farm incident. That's why he is eager to send her to the prosecutor. Yet, I am sure, he is unaware that Tang might be involved in it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dramaa I am trying to bring more people here. I have been watching the first episode again and this time, I've noticed that it was quite clear that Mr. Tang was the one who leaked the information to LM and the news, if you look again at his conversation with ZY over the phone. To me, he was happy that LM had escaped and the news was leaked. Moreover, I've observed two things:

- Rumors were circulating that LEishing construction company was facing a financial crisis: someone must have spread it.

- Then allegations that LM was doing illegal transactions and didn't pay her staff properly (embezzlement)                            In my opinion, ZY really believes that LM has done something wrong, based on her past and the farm incident. That's why he is eager to send her to the prosecutor. Yet, I am sure, he is unaware that Tang might be involved in it.

that's great more people should  come, it's really silent here :dissapointed: 

The thing I don't understand is why Mr. Tang is helping Lin Man when it seems like he framed her?  What will he gain from it? her trust or something else?

18 minutes ago, dramaa said:

that's great more people should  come, it's really silent here :dissapointed: 

The thing I don't understand is why Mr. Tang is helping Lin Man when it seems like he framed her?  What will he gain from it? her trust or something else?

@ororomunroe has started watching it on my recommendation. So in a few days, she will join us!

So to your question: Because he is doing exactly like ZY was doing to LX at the beginning. By helping out, he appears as her savior so that she won't mistrust him. He appears as trustworthy... Imagine if my supposition is correct: both mother and daughter fell into the same trap. However, I am curious to know if he is not the one behind the illegal transactions or is it QI's uncle? Right now, I am thinking that Mr Tang is behind it. The latter helped LM out because he makes sure that she is acting as the suspect. Running away makes her look like a culprit so that the allegations seem to be true and on the other hand, noone will try to look if someone tried to frame LM. Yet, she is chased by other TW people... who are they?

What I also realised is that ZY seemed to have a prejudice about LX: a rich spoiled girl who needed to get some teaching! I guess, he had this false image of her due to Qianni. He thought, LX was no different from QI. In the end, ZY realised that he had misjudged LX. Moreover, from the start her tourette syndrom is suggested: QI mentioned that LX would avoid crowd and would acte cude with her blinking eyes!! So her "cuteness" seen by QI were symptoms of her illness.

On 30/12/2016 at 3:19 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@ororomunroe has started watching it on my recommendation. So in a few days, she will join us!

So to your question: Because he is doing exactly like ZY was doing to LX at the beginning. By helping out, he appears as her savior so that she won't mistrust him. He appears as trustworthy... Imagine if my supposition is correct: both mother and daughter fell into the same trap. However, I am curious to know if he is not the one behind the illegal transactions or is it QI's uncle? Right now, I am thinking that Mr Tang is behind it. The latter helped LM out because he makes sure that she is acting as the suspect. Running away makes her look like a culprit so that the allegations seem to be true and on the other hand, noone will try to look if someone tried to frame LM. Yet, she is chased by other TW people... who are they?

What I also realised is that ZY seemed to have a prejudice about LX: a rich spoiled girl who needed to get some teaching! I guess, he had this false image of her due to Qianni. He thought, LX was no different from QI. In the end, ZY realised that he had misjudged LX. Moreover, from the start her tourette syndrom is suggested: QI mentioned that LX would avoid crowd and would acte cude with her blinking eyes!! So her "cuteness" seen by QI were symptoms of her illness.

I agree.  But now Yi Ting has started to suspecting Mr.Tang too, he hinted to him if he was the one helped Lin Man. I think when Yi Ting was  helping Xin Yu in the beginning it wasn't only to gain her trust but also because he pitied her. There was one flashback scene in episode 5 I guess where it's shown that when Xin Yu was wandering alone he followed her and looked sorry for her and called his secretary and said to him that he should follow her so that no harm would come to her. And also don't think Yi Ting really wanted to harm her though he was annoyed at her in the beginning (even though I thought before he wanted to) as Xiao Yue said, but looks like Mr. Tang wants to harm Lin Man (if he really is the culprit). I was confused at the blinking in the beginning but I think it became a little bit clearer when why she was doing it when Xin Yu talked about that she would often come to the hospital when she was young and that she couldn't control her body. Yeah Qian Ni even thought she was trying to flirt with Yi Ting and even Yi Ting said in episode 2 that if she blinked like that he would think she is flirting with him :lol:  

1 hour ago, dramaa said:

I agree.  But now Yi Ting has started to suspecting Mr.Tang too, he hinted to him if he was the one helped Lin Man. I think when Yi Ting was  helping Xin Yu in the beginning  I think it wasn't only to gain her trust but also because he pitied her. There was one flashback scene in episode 5 I guess where it's shown that when Xin Yu was wondering alone he followed her and looked sorry for her and called his secretary and said to him that he should follow her so that no harm would come to her. And also don't think Yi Ting really wanted to harm her though he was annoyed at her in the beginning (even though I thought before he wanted to) as Xiao Yue said, but looks like Mr. Tang wants to harm Lin Man (if he really is the culprit). I was confused at the blinking in the beginning but I think it became a little bit clearer when Xin Yu talked about that she would often come to the hospital when she was young and that she couldn't control her body. Yeah Qian Ni even thought she was trying to flirt with Yi Ting and even Yi Ting said in episode 2 that if she blinked like that he would think she is flirting with him :lol:  

:)I know, he pitied her too. But from the start he was torn apart, he witnessed the bullying and he did want to help her. Yet he was prejudiced against her:

- the rich spoiled brat

- she should experience what he had been through himself

The other scene of his prejudice is when they have left the hostess bar and he is insinuating that she wanted to do that kind of job. She was hurt that he would think so lowly of her... he didn't imagine that she would leave him behind, although he wanted her to have better clothes. 

But he also followed her that night, when she slept on the street. In the last episode, we saw that he sent his man back home and was seating next to her. He made sure that his secretary would get some rest too.

I am now wondering when he will learn about her illness!

3 hours ago, dramaa said:

I agree.  But now Yi Ting has started to suspecting Mr.Tang too, he hinted to him if he was the one helped Lin Man. I think when Yi Ting was  helping Xin Yu in the beginning  I think it wasn't only to gain her trust but also because he pitied her. There was one flashback scene in episode 5 I guess where it's shown that when Xin Yu was wandering alone he followed her and looked sorry for her and called his secretary and said to him that he should follow her so that no harm would come to her. And also don't think Yi Ting really wanted to harm her though he was annoyed at her in the beginning (even though I thought before he wanted to) as Xiao Yue said, but looks like Mr. Tang wants to harm Lin Man (if he really is the culprit). I was confused at the blinking in the beginning but I think it became a little bit clearer when why she was doing it when Xin Yu talked about that she would often come to the hospital when she was young and that she couldn't control her body. Yeah Qian Ni even thought she was trying to flirt with Yi Ting and even Yi Ting said in episode 2 that if she blinked like that he would think she is flirting with him :lol:  

hello,

About Yiting helping Xinyu in episode 2 where he followed her, I thought his attraction to her started there because at epi 6 while he's talking to the flower given by Xinyu, he said,  why was everyone asking me what I'm going to do to you?. he answered himself, on the contrary, I'm losing focus on what I'm going to do to you. Then, they showed the flashback of him sitting on the bench, then his phone rang, he panicked coz Xinyu was beside him sleeping. Perhaps, it was love at first sight. keke 

Btw, on a lighter note, so far, my favorite episode is epi 5.It's the scene where Xinyu and Yiting walking side by side, Xinyu said to Yiting, I've named these flowers such as I'm very happy, so embarrassing, i'm very sad, then, i miss you very much, Yiting was taken aback, stop walking and smile, that scene my heart fluttered. keke  Gosh,my shippers heart was activated. I really find that particular scene romantic.Jiayou my poor heart, there's more to come. keke 

On 30/12/2016 at 7:41 PM, ate said:

hello,

About Yiting helping Xinyu in episode 2 where he followed her, I thought his attraction to her started there because at epi 6 while he's talking to the flower given by Xinyu, he said, why was everyone asking me what I'm going to do to you?. he answered himself, on the contrary, I'm losing focus on what I'm going to do to you. Then, they showed the flashback of him sitting on the bench, then his phone rang, he panicked coz Xinyu was beside him sleeping. Perhaps, it was love at first sight. keke 

Btw, on a lighter note, so far, my favorite episode is epi 5.It's the scene where Xinyu and Yiting walking side by side, Xinyu said to Yiting, I've named these flowers such as I'm very happy, so embarrassing, i'm very sad, then, i miss you very much, Yiting was taken aback, stop walking and smile, that scene my heart fluttered. keke  Gosh,my shippers heart was activated. I really find that particular scene romantic.Jiayou my poor heart, there's more to come. keke 

Yeah I also think his attraction to her started around that time or maybe even before but don't think it was love yet. I think he started to seriously falling in in love with her in episode 4 or 5. Loved episode 5 too! We saw a different Yi Ting and how happy he is when he is around Xin Yu and the ending scene was great too, he didn't care about the award ceremony and went to protect Xin Yu without caring about getting hurt and didn't even tell her he is her savior :wub:

I'm looking forward to Yi Ting to realize his feelings and Xin Yu fall in love with him. I'm wondering what Xin Yu's reaction will be when she finds out that Yi Ting is using her to find her mother. She sure will be shocked and sad :tears:

@ate @dramaa For me, it is clear that he was attracted by her from the start, the way he looked at her in the car was really telling. But it was not really love... I mean, he witnessed how LX took care of that old lady. She was quite nice, until she was bullied. In my opinion, ZY is not someone who would accept violence, even if he is resentful. He still has a sense of justice. Like the uncle Tai said, he is seeking some justice for his father. So he didn't like how LX was treated, even if she was LM's daughter. He was already worried about her from the start and asked his secretary to follow her. He even stayed by her side on the bench. Yet he didn't know what he was feeling for her, since he has never loved anyone, too busy with his revenge and work.

However, I would like to point out that LX has always managed to surprise him... he always thought, he had the upperhand and could manipulate her. Yet she behaved differently from what he expected:

- the ring in the trash: she didn't refuse and lower herself; he was waiting for her to ask for his help but she didn't!!

- the jail: he really thought, she would call him but she never did

- the dancing lesson: he pushed her away, when she asked him if he was lonely. Yet she didn't back off, returned to his side and remained calm the entire time. 

- the cellphone: he proposed a deal. He would pay for it and in exchange, she would do anything for him, when he would ask her. She asked for something else: friendship and she would pay him back. So she ignored his deal!

- episode 4: he didn't even believe that she would leave JXY and quit her work. He was so sure, she would work for him.

He was always expecting that she would behave like Qianni but she didn't. She didn't complain, when she burnt her hand. 

22 hours ago, dramaa said:

Yeah I also think his attraction to her started around that time or maybe even before but don't think it was love yet. I think he started to seriously falling in in love with her in episode 4 or 5. Loved episode 5 too! We saw a different Yi Ting and how happy he is when he is around Xin Yu and the ending scene was great too, he didn't care about the award ceremony and went to protect Xin Yu without caring about getting hurt and didn't even tell her he is her savior :wub:

I'm looking forward to Yi Ting to realize his feelings and Xin Yu fall in love with him. I'm wondering what Xin Yu's reaction will be when she finds out that Yi Ting is using her to find her mother. She sure will be shocked and sad :tears:

hi, yeah, me too, so excited to see the romance between Yiting and Xinyu especially their kissing scenes.keke Hopefully, there will be many kissing scene and there will be no kissing scene for XM and LX keke I'm also curious of her reactions after she finds out the whole truth. Then, I want her to play hard to get/really mad at him, so Yiting will be forced to do cheesy/romantic events to win her heart. keke I'm praying for an extension of the episodes for more romance/romantic scenes of Yiting and Xinyu. keke  

Errmm, my shippers heart is fully activated. Btw, thanks for sharing their photos. Save them on my computer. :)

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ate @dramaa For me, it is clear that he was attracted by her from the start, the way he looked at her in the car was really telling. But it was not really love... I mean, he witnessed how LX took care of that old lady. She was quite nice, until she was bullied. In my opinion, ZY is not someone who would accept violence, even if he is resentful. He still has a sense of justice. Like the uncle Tai said, he is seeking some justice for his father. So he didn't like how LX was treated, even if she was LM's daughter. He was already worried about her from the start and asked his secretary to follow her. He even stayed by her side on the bench. Yet he didn't know what he was feeling for her, since he has never loved anyone, too busy with his revenge and work.

However, I would like to point out that LX has always managed to surprise him... he always thought, he had the upperhand and could manipulate her. Yet she behaved differently from what he expected:

- the ring in the trash: she didn't refuse and lower herself; he was waiting for her to ask for his help but she didn't!!

- the jail: he really thought, she would call him but she never did

- the dancing lesson: he pushed her away, when she asked him if he was lonely. Yet she didn't back off, returned to his side and remained calm the entire time. 

- the cellphone: he proposed a deal. He would pay for it and in exchange, she would do anything for him, when he would ask her. She asked for something else: friendship and she would pay him back. So she ignored his deal!

- episode 4: he didn't even believe that she would leave JXY and quit her work. He was so sure, she would work for him.

He was always expecting that she would behave like Qianni but she didn't. She didn't complain, when she burnt her hand. 

Yeah she always acted the opposite of what he expected it, I loved those scenes :) I love that the romance in BYS is slow paced because I don't really like fast paced romance dramas.

35 minutes ago, ate said:

hi, yeah, me too, so excited to see the romance between Yiting and Xinyu especially their kissing scenes.keke Hopefully, there will be many kissing scene and there will be no kissing scene for XM and LX keke I'm also curious of her reactions after she finds out the whole truth. Then, I want her to play hard to get/really mad at him, so Yiting will be forced to do cheesy/romantic events to win her heart. keke I'm praying for an extension of the episodes for more romance/romantic scenes of Yiting and Xinyu. keke  

Errmm, my shippers heart is fully activated. Btw, thanks for sharing their photos. Save them on my computer. :)

You're welcome :) Maybe It's just me but could Xin Yu know that Yi Ting is using her to find Lin Man? In some scenes I got suspicious that she might know, afterall the drama has mystery genre and some plot twists.

On 12/30/2016 at 0:37 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Shout out to @sava2sava@thunderman1 and @40somethingahjumma! cute cat I know that you sometimes watch TW drama. I recommand it to you!

But there is one thing: the sypnosis is not correct at all. This has nothing to do with immortality so far. It is a revenge drama and I remember that @40somethingahjumma likes that kind of thing.

The male main character is interesting and intriguing! The more episodes we get, the better they are! I hope, you have time for this! It would be great if we had more visitors here!:)

I must have missed this drama on my list! Thank you for the shoutout! I'm going to check it out later tonight since it is New Year's Eve here in America... nothing better to do than to go out and catch up on t-dramas

1 minute ago, thunderman1 said:

I must have missed this drama on my list! Thank you for the shoutout! I'm going to check it out later tonight since it is New Year's Eve here in America... nothing better to do than to go out and catch up on t-dramas. 

Update: I remember now.. the main lead was a favorite of mine is a drama earlier called Back in Time 1989? I think it was a time traveling one. I couldn't wait for one episode/week so I ended up skipping so much of it. This one I might pass too since there's a lot I am behind on. The wait is so hard!! I like the C-dramas where two episodes are released per day.. that way I can marathon most of it on weekends and catch up during my work week when I get the chance at night.

1 hour ago, dramaa said:

You're welcome :) Maybe It's just me but could Xin Yu know that Yi Ting is using her to find Lin Man? In some scenes I got suspicious that she might know, afterall the drama has mystery genre and some plot twists.

I think she has no idea yet because she always say she's hopeful coz there are ppl like Xiaoyue and Yiting who are helping her. She believes Yiting and Xiaoyue are good ppl but Yiting is just using her to find her mom and threatened Xiaoyue to be his accomplice and together fooled/betrayed her. 

2 hours ago, dramaa said:

She isn't. Her parents are Taiwanese and she is born in Taiwan.

I see. I thought she has mixed heritage because she doesn't look fully Taiwanese. Thanks for the reply.

while waiting for epi 8, let's watch some of BYS's behind the scenes videos

Spoiler

credit: Youtube/owner

Here's another video. I think this one is fan made. Enjoyed watching their bts photos. They're having fun at work.  

If I'm not mistaken the second video's background song is sang by Marcus Chang.

1 hour ago, ate said:

Here's another video. I think this one is fan made. Enjoyed watching their bts photos. They're having fun at work.  

If I'm not mistaken the second video's background song is sang by Marcus Chang.

I heard his singing voice before yeah I think It sounds like him:)

And I think the pic of them in the second video in 00:33 and 00:39 is them from another drama. They actually acted together before even though Marcus was only a supporting character. The dramas name is Happy Together

@ate and @dramaa I have watched all the episodes during these few days again and I must correct myself. Uncle Qing is not related to Qianni and her father, he was just the secretary and underling from Mr. Tang who worked for him for many years. That's why he became close to Qianni.

So I came to the conclusion that uncle Qing did something illegal for Mr Tang and in order to make sure that noone would find out the truth, he sent him away. He hired someone else to replace him. Maybe he is the one who is helping LM in the Philippines. His task is to make sure that she is not caught. All this is pointing out that Tang is also involved in the missing account books.

As for the second group chasing after LM, since it has been said that the people were from Taiwan, I am now wondering if this is related to Su Z. We heard that he was into Bio-Tech and he was a close friend to the family. Since Mr. Tang did help LM to escape (tipped her off), I can not imagine that he is chasing after her as well. Since Qing appeared just one time and has been mentioned only three times. I am doubting that he must be the mastermind. However, Su Z. who has not appeared yet, is constantly mentioned. Maybe he was the one who was behind the scandal with the poisoning milk. So far, I can not imagine that a new character will be introduced.

I am looking forward to the next episode!:wub:

Archived