[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Surgeons 外科风云

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, jennvue said:

Hi, Guys! New here! I absolutely love this drama! Never really watched Chinese dramas before. The last one was Princess Wei Young ❤️

Anyone know the piano ost that's played in ep 21 @ 19:32-22:00 when LCX and ZS were talking in the car and she was getting sleepy? Talking about Director Fu and the days back when Renhe was like under Director Fu and Sir Xiu? I love this piano music in the background; it has played a couple of times but I don't know Chinese :/ so I can't read or write to look it up. If anyone knows, can you let me know? I'd appreciate it SO much! :)

Any other Chinese dramas you guys would suggest for a new Chinese drama lover? XOXO, J

If you like romance, Love o2o is all romance pretty much. Love me if You Dare, When a Snail Smiles, General and I, My Sunshine, ... Memory Lost (not fully complete buu raw eps are out if you can understand Chinese). These were all my favorites from these past two years. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes Eternal Love is pretty heavily romantic though...with a lil mystic actions or some lil fight in between with zapping here and there but it rely heavily on the romance though :) not a bad watch in my opinion as i do enjoy it too :) it doesnt drag as much 

but im in love with surgeons now :D 

u like episode 22? i love 28 too :D if you are up to that...you probably know why :D 

First few episodes of Three Miles of Peach Blossoms was boring to me though.. Shall I continue? It did not hook me like General and I and Prince of Ling Lang. 

As for ep 28, you can put spoilers since I am only on ep 22. Catching up on sleep because I stayed awake for 13 hrs with Surgeons. lol 

@thunderman1

I could not get into Ten Miles of Peach Blossom when it was airing but on my second try I got hooked, especially since the second arc. This is the best of its genre I have seen

It does have its problems though like there is are "dues ex machina" magical artifact fix out of nowhere for every major problem whether its solving or creating, antagonists only get a slap on the wrist and there is no caution taken against their actions in the future leading to cyclic situations making gods look stupid, small unbelievable things here and there even for a fantasy drama which can be ignored for enjoyment

hey everyone!

Episode 31 and 32 seem to be really interesting!

Spoiler 31

Spoiler

The bus carrying everyone back from the disaster zone gets hit.

Dr Zhong gets hurt. --> hoping he doesnt die but based on earlier trailers, Dr Chen has a breakdown so am guessing he did die?

Spoiler 32

Spoiler

Lin Huan's father dies. She blames her brother Dr Zhuang.

Dr Zhuang reveals who he is to LCX

LCX's mother is  badly injured in a car accident

On 5/2/2017 at 6:20 AM, thunderman1 said:

Do you recommend it?  A fellow coworker and I at the time could not move on from General and I so we found our comfort again watching some other wuxia dramas. And nowy husband and I are ravinng about Surgeons. Slow plot but the comic relief and all the terminology we can relate to drew us in.

Is Eternal Love heavily romantic?? :)

Eternal love is basically a romance show. There's hardly any fighting & even if there is it isnt of the standard of General and I's fighting.  I highly recommend Eternal Love. You might get withdrawal symptons after you finish Eternal Love. I did and couldnt function (just re-watching Eternal Love constantly) until i started watching Surgeons...haha...its a new crack for me...

can anyone give me a run down on what was said during the previews for ep 33 and 34?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Looks like LCX's mom operation didn't go well and thus her relationship with ZS becomes sour?

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

hehehehe......

Reveal hidden contents

ZS admitted directly to be in the rs with LCX to the intern girl :D and also he told her that no matter how hard she tried LCX will will LCX to him and no one can ever replace her

Oh heheheee. Thanks, girly! :) 

As soon as I get home from work, tuned in with my Surgeons and now just making some dinner.

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

ZS and LCX had a fight....about who to take the blame for his decision on the Hypothermia  induce state of surgery....and ZS was a step ahead.....in shouldering up the blame....

Dr.Chen and NurseYang had a fight and he want a break up but Nurse Yang said lets get married instead.....

ZS's sister is suing for real 

ZS & YangDirector had a verbal spar where he is questioning his real motive....indicating he had something to hide as he wanted to avoid the investigation into their hospital medical stuffs used...which might be the caused of death of his sister adoptive father

Thanks for the translation chingu @angelangie

I just finished watching episode 22.

For those who haven't started watching yet...........DON'T, you are going to regret it if you don't speak chinese and you have to wait like me for the english subtitles . Start after it has finished and do a marathon.

I don't want to pressure the subbers, I do appreciate their hard work but dr Zhuang Shu is to die for.

This drama really is addictive, am really loving how its progressing, The last time I've been this invested in a Cdrama was Nirvana in Fire, so its been a while. Definitely have re-watch value.

Spoiler

It would appear from the latest bts that Chen Xi's mom will survive. I'm glad they're not dragging her situation too long and make Zhuang Shu take the blame first.

Subs are already up to ep 26 for those waiting for subs. 

@angelangie: Loved ep 25-28. I have new profound admiration for surgeons now. It takes so much perseverance and sacrifice to keep up with this job. I love how all the characters drop what they are doing at the moment and just divulge right into the situation. It takes a lot of guts to become a surgeon but it is more tough after completion of the doctorate degree. Well even though it was slightly exaggerated I still love each character in this drama. 

Realistically I find it hard to believe when a hospital this big is understaffed and also overbooking operations. Not ideal for one thoracic surgeon to handle 7+ surgeries a day. In real life max is 3 -4 surgeries in one day. Also, there will be more than one operatingh surgeon on duty. I laugh at the hyperboles but at least the drama kept me on the edge during the rescue mission. 

Dramafever releases 2 subs every weekday and is currently leading at 26, viki may overtake towards the end like with "across the ocean to see you" and is now at 22

I did not expect the first meeting with sister to happen this way

50 minutes ago, dekaron said:

Dramafever releases 2 subs every weekday and is currently leading at 26, viki may overtake towards the end like with "across the ocean to see you" and is now at 22

I did not expect the first meeting with sister to happen this way

I know.. it was shocking for me and for my ZS. Har har..

I missed the romance already, it's been several episodes.  I really enjoy the first 22 episodes, the mutual attraction is cute.  Then it get a bit angsty.  Sigh... 

Archived