[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Surgeons 外科风云

sugarplum892

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama has brought to life many real life medical scenarios that happen in Hospitals and in our daily lives. For example, the story  about Lin Huan really brings to life the misconception that the general public has regarding ...

Spoiler

... HIV and AIDS. Many people still think that AIDS is contagious and can spread air borne. Placing the HIV patient next to other patients is actually more dangerous for the HIV patient as his immunity system is affected and he can't fight off infections.

I'm sure there are people like Lin Huan in real life. Even after being presented with medical facts that her father's death was not related to the HIV patient, and the hospital has followed all procedures and done its best given the emergency situation, she still doggedly wants the hospital to give a public apology. What good will it do? It for sure won't bring her Father back to life. 

Acting is TOP-notch all round. I still look forward to scenes of dr Chen and Nurse Yang. What a pleasant surprise that he turns out to be  ...

Spoiler

... Super rich. His former girlfriends who dumped him must be thumping their chests with regret now!!!

hu ge cameo appearance on final episode tomorrow.

dr zhuang threw away the anime movie that chen xi's ex gave her.  LOL.  

happy ending ~~ 

I'm so glad I found this drama last week.  C-dramas have some pretty good one this year and this is one of the them.  too bad it's not popular overseas as other c-dramas.

8 minutes ago, chdom said:

Ep. 44 really it? Was hoping for 45 episodes. I feel needs more.

I know. I was expecting a little more... C-dramas always do this. Plot thickens and you expect a lot of lovey dovey scenes but it just ended so sudden. sigh. Again, at least it was happy. I wanted a fairytale wedding for our otp. bahaha. Am I asking for too much? 

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

no they should give us the wedding at the very least i feel....the ending is not done in a nice way but left an incomplete feeling for me :/ i mean the whole series is done so nicely up to the very last moment ....however the way they ended it feel dry to me even though we get LCX and ZS bickering a lil but also showing their love for each other too

Yes! I want a season 2.

I thought the ending shot would be more meaningful...more grand?  Like them doing surgery or something... not with Jin Dong recruiting Hu Ge, even though it's funny if you have watched The Disguiser 

I thought the romance was done just right.  I didn't expect more or less since it's a medical drama.  I'm happy they're getting married and it's he who proposed LOL.  It'd have been nice if there's a scene where he initiate the kiss .... it was hers all along. 

jindong.jpeg

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

yea the ending was a bit too loose for me.....no solid feeling....it was almost like they cut everything and dump it in and that is....the ending was a lil hanging for....

no they should give us the wedding at the very least i feel....the ending is not done in a nice way but left an incomplete feeling for me 

2 weddings in one drama may be a bit too much?

The ending was a departure from most dramas where every issue is resolved. Up to the end, ZS did not acknowledge his Sister, although his conversation with her adoptive Mother may mean that she will tell LH later. And did she pursue the case in court? Or did the hospital issue an apology? I didn't catch that part.

i was surprised that XMQ confessed in writing at the end. All throughout the drama, I was fascinated by his adamantly maintaining that he did nothing wrong in pinning the blame on the nurse, all in the name of advancement of medical science. And there are people like that in real life. Their belief is so strong that even if it is morally wrong, they are convinced that they did the right thing for a 'bigger good'. The drama tried to redeem him at the end when he sacrificed himself to save the patient, to show that ultimately, he is still a good doctor.

Good drama. Jin Dong was wonderful, as usual. I made a nice discovery of Bai Baihe- solid acting, with beautiful flawless skin (Wonder what skincare, makeup she uses ...)

On 5/13/2017 at 4:44 AM, angelangie said:

maybe im just greedy? lols....

no ZS didnt acknowledge the sister but he didnt directly apologize either even though it was him who deliver the letter....guess that was the deal the sister requested.....but the hospital did gave her the money she request because the lawyer hold a piece of picture over DrYang head... :/ 

well JinDong is really good....i admire him since 'Candle in the Tomb' and well i do not think that they will use Bai Baihe for 2nd season despite her solid acting due to some controversy between her and her husband....she was caught cheating :x

There will be 2nd season? ;o Are the same actors/actresses being used?? 

Archived