[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Another translation of the text preview for episode 13. It's pretty close to @uglypearl's.

You, why in the world are you upset?

Having determined the way each other feels, Bok Joo and Joon Hyung start their exploratory dating relationship. (This just means that they are learning about each other as they date.)

Having returned to the dormitory after a date with Joon Hyung, Book Joo discovers a collapsed Shi Ho.

Later, Bok Joo feels strange after seeing Joon Hyung in the hospital together with Shi Ho...

Fortunately you clarified that - EXPLORATORY - huhuhu, my imagination was definitely running esp after seeing the couch scene in the preview :w00t: plus @mamamya88 said she was going to be a kissing monster....hmmm. Long wait till next week. Anyway, have a great weekend and Merry Christmas everyone. :heart:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving this show very much... Cute , funny and cast are lovable!! :heart:

8 hours ago, triplem said:

These photos...i can't ... almost died laughing.

NJH - my noona killer & one of my favourite discoveries  - Initially , I didn't think too much of him as a lead but now I'm looking forward to his future projects. (credit to IG owner)

Soooo cute , he's really scared !!! So adorable :)  :w00t:

Hello! my name is Sara and I'm very new to thus forum, but I've been fingerling over this Drama by myself for SO LONG!! :bawling::heart:  but i decided I'm gonna be a part of the forums now, so Hello!

OMG THE 12 EPISODE GAAAAAAHHHH it . killed. meeeeeee

I haven't been THIS EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO A DRAMA IN YEEEEARSSSSS!!!!

they are so stupid and cheese and adorable asdfghjklsrufncbucgixgjbelvuhedbal;henohlve;t.dyhbioejlvsgyhi3jrkegvnureijkchbefdkv;g,hrwbink4rtu!!!!!!

also, HOW DOES ONE HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING SIDE PROFILE? 15626222_1228376973905973_60269451925359 

NAM JOO HYUK YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF MEEEEEEEE!!! :wub::sweatingbullets:  

15676278_1228376967239307_35755411904955

I don't have enough words to describe about our BokJoon so thansk for EXPLORATORY.

Now I'm full of hope to wait for kiss in each episode left due to JH's reactions: he always want to give Bok Joo more than her expectation.

When Bok Joo confessed to ask for his appearance beside her, JH answered by a kiss.

When Bok Joo kissed him twice, he responded by a long deep French kiss.

Haha.

BJ liked the kiss and she wanted more!!! This is her 1st experience "tasting" a kiss...hahaha..twice back to JH! Surprised JH replied back with a warm deep passionate kiss...aigooo...i....I bet she's gonna be addicted to kisses after this...hahaha

Had a busy day today at work. Just pop in to say that I loved loved loved the last kiss. JH kissed BJ like it was the most natural thing in the world and the blissful way they both smiled after that was so real..istic. The only other kiss which I felt was as natural was the shipwreak kiss in DOTS where you can also see the comfort and genuine liking for each other (I didn't want to use love here since this is not a shipper thread but at least you can tell that they genuinely liked the other person)

Chinguyaaaaaa..... I'm welcoming myself to this thread!!!!!

just started watching this drama yesterday, i'm still on ep 6.... YAAAAAYYYYY i like their sweety cutey relationship!!! :love:

Wait for me, i'm finishing this drama to the latest episode, and i'll be back definitely!!! 

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

Had a busy day today at work. Just pop in to say that I loved loved loved the last kiss. JH kissed BJ like it was the most natural thing in the world and the blissful way they both smiled after that was so real..istic. The only other kiss which I felt was as natural was the shipwreak kiss in DOTS where you can also see the comfort and genuine liking for each other (I didn't want to use love here since this is not a shipper thread but at least you can tell that they genuinely liked the other person)

Agree. Their kisses and interactions felt so natural. And i've read comments on instagram and youtube, many viewers said their kisses are so natural and realistic. Oh my heart :heart: :wub:

6 hours ago, oliviaronnie95 said:

Nam joo hyuk legit looked scared. Hahahaa. I think he really is scared with scary rides in real life. And there was a part when he shout "kumanhae!!" . that look extremely real

Yes, he's no longer acting when he said 'kumanhae'.. he's very scared. I need to see this bts!! Hahahahah :joy:

hi guys! first, nice to meet you all :) been a silent reader for a long time, i already read those analysis, recaps, preview translation, etc in this thread and i enjoyed them all! decided to finally make post just because of THAT SUPER MAGICAL (?) KISS SCENE OF EPISODE 12. OH GOSH!!! 

I've watched many dramas and ofc they have kiss scene, but this one from WFKBJ..... FELT SO REAL OMG. I MEAN, THEY WERE ACTING RIGHT? BUT I FELT THAT SNOW KISS LOOKED REAL!! ASDFGHJKL. The facial expression, the gesture, the smile in their eyes... WHY.... WHY... I guess because they're close in real life, they feel TOO comfortable? I mean... or is it just me? i really brave to say that THIS SNOW KISS FROM OUR BOKJOO AND JOONHYUNG IS THE BEST KISS SCENE I'VE EVER WATCHED!! Duh, these two.... I don't want to be delusional, but... I can't help it T.T sometimes i really want LSK and NJH end up like Ahn Jaehyun and Goo Hyesun (?), and this hope got worse after watched that snow kiss. FYUUHH POOR MY HEART T.T 

SORRY IM BEING TOO DELUSIONAL, but my mind has gone crazy because of that kiss scene. 

I really love the writer and production team (?) they really are brilliant! I mean...  wow, that kiss scene was really beautiful and seemed magical, man.... the amusement park date too.. when JH put his hand into BJ's pocket and held her hand, Han Hee Jung's Dreaming in the background made that scene felt so ...... magical, romantic, sweet.....AWWW T.T

yes, like what others mentioned, this drama is so realistic. the chemistry between NJH and LSK is NO JOKE, makes the-so-realistic-drama more interesting, and also the funny scenes were not being forced to be funny—they're really FUNNY.  

I didn't expect that WFKBJ would be this "wow" to me.I like all its episodes, and episode 12 is the one I like THE MOST. Seriously, episode 12 is really beautiful man... i cant describe it with words... it's just.... so...... magical....... so... beautiful. The kiss scene...... THEY HAVE THE BEST ANGLES FOR KISS SCENE!!!! lol.

once again, this is my first post in this thread, im sorry for my bad english—I hope you still can understand what I'm trying to talk about hehe—and im sorry for being too delusional, but i cant help it, they look so real that I want to appreciate it this way T.T

*note: Nam Joohyuk was being himself on those rides, right? lol. he's scared and Lee Sungkyung looked so excited lol. 

@naritul  balloons smileyWelcome to this thread! pandaGlad that you're joining this small group! cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 The more, the better... cheer1 onion head

Related image

TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS

I would like to comment on this proverb. In the episode 9, JH mentioned it to KBJ when he said that with time, she would feel better and recover from her heartbreak. But actually, especially the episode 12 and even JH's trauma contradict this proverb. We have different cases (JY- AY- JH- Coach Choi - Professor Yoon and even SH) in which we can observe that all of them are stuck in the past or can't free themselves.

Now, let us focus on JY and AY first. His first love broke his heart and he never got over it. Interesting is that although women were interested in him, he set boundaries so that he kept them at a distance. I guess, he got so hurt that he unconsciously decided not to get close to people as he was too afraid of getting hurt again, if he fell in love with someone. But there is another component: JY has never released his pain or anger in front of JH too. Since he was raised to be really careful around JH, I believe, this had an influence on his behaviour towards other people as well. He never shared his true feelings or thoughts to people who were supposed to be close to him: JH or even AY. As conclusion, JY has always put a wall around himself and behind his kindness and good manners, JY was never able to forget his first love. Then we have AY who loved him, but remained as friend for 10 years hoping that he would forget his first love at some point. In her confrontation, she mentioned that she had been his shadow for 10 years!! AY really believed that time would heal his wounds and waited!! But it never happened. Because time alone won't work in the end.

JH is the perfect example that shows us that waiting is not the right answer. If we compare the relationship between JH with KBJ and JY and AY, the viewer will notice huge differences. First, although JH knew that KBJ was having a crush on his brother, he helped her. He became her confident, just like KBJ realised that JH needed support and shared her thoughts with him. Back then, they were not even a couple, but they were confining to each other. To sum up, they were supporting each other which created a closeness, although KBJ had eyes for someone else. In the other couple, AY never asked JY about his first love, that topic was taboo. She decided to wait, just like JY never mentioned it to AY as well. Then I have also the impression that she never confined to JY too. I mean, she didn't need to confess her love for him, but she could have tried a different approach. After the heartbreak, JH was standing by KBJ's side and tried to cheer her up. He used many things to make her forget, to ease her pain. So far, we never saw AY doing such a thing. She tried to get close to JY by asking him for help or meeting his parents aso. Yet, this doesn't create closeness and more importantly, this doesn't make JY forget his first love.

Now, his first love apologised (on the phone which is really tactless in my opinion) and maybe JY can get closure from it. AY finally revealed her true feelings towards JY and this could be a wake up call for JY. She has been there by his side... and this is the difference between AY and JH. AY waited and was passive in the end, while JH was really proactive in his pursuit. That's the reason why KBJ could change her feelings towards JH quite quickly. To me, it never felt so sudden because JY had hurt her (with his stupid apology) and JH tried to cheer her up all the time. He never remained passive by her side. As conclusion, this episode marks the turning point in the relationship between JY and AY. They were friends, but this is the end... 

As for JH, we know that he has abandonment issues and he could never confine to anyone about it. Time never healed his wounds and the discovery of the secret was only the trigger to reveal his abandonment issues. Striking is that when SH dumped him, he got over her quite easily in the sense that she wasn't in his mind. On the other hand, she hurt him so much that he didn't like girls approaching him. He also kept his distance to women and he wasn't interested in dating. He became interested in KBJ because he had known her from Elementary school. However, he didn't have in his mind to start a relationship with her as girlfriend. It came gradually and naturally, the closer they got. The viewer notice the difference between JY and JH, the latter is more active. He seeks his brother, takes his car aso... 

Finally, we come to our Samchun and Coach Choi couple. Coach Choi is so focused on professor Yoon that she doesn't realise that her ex-colleague will never see her more than a friend and colleague. She really hurt Samchun, when she declared that they were only drinking buddies. Samchun helped her and comforted her so many times and she still thinks of Yoon. We can see that Choi is still pining for Yoon. She keeps hoping, waiting that Yoon will notice her as a woman, but like AY she fails and will fail. Yoon is still stuck with his ex-wife. So time has not healed the wounds... he is still acting as her husband, though they are divorced. He has not moved on. Yoon is not really upset when he finally notices the closeness between coach Choi and Samchun... Choi is idealising Yoon. I don't think, Yoon will move on from his wife because the latter calls him, she has a problem hence Yoon will always hope to come back with her. Samchun is similar to JH because he is really proactive. He doesn't stop at nothing to spend time with Choi. But her words mark a turning point in their relationship. I believe, Samchun will keep his distance from her for a while, so that Choi will get aware that Samchun has been the real support. In my opinion, Choi has always been the giving one in the relationship between her and Yoon. The latter takes Choi's kindness, support and interest for granted. He doesn't get even aware that he is abusing Choi's affection and time. Time doesn't help Choi in the end: Yoon can't forget his ex-wife and she can't move on either as she is still hoping... yet since KBJ's uncle appeared, he has changed the dynamic and the nature of their relationship. So we come to conclude that the episode 12 marks a turning point for Choi-Yoon and Samchun as well. Choi might get a wake up call too.

All these examples show us that time alone can't heal all wounds, people around hurt persons need to be active and cheer them up, try to help them by talking to them aso. Waiting and hoping is not the solution.alarm pink mouse

@honeydragon @Yongzura @triplem @staygold@sakura2016

@papulichan 

Hi all, sorry I have been lurking here but just want to say that you guys rock! I really really really adore the witty recaps and comments you made. So refreshing! <3

I can totally relate when some of you said the developments in ep12 were slightly rushing. Chronologically, it was fine as there were a few weeks and plus the winter break in real time - all condensed in one hour. I think it was probably my past K-drama experience usually leads me to believe I should expect another 2 eps before the mutual kiss, and there will be denial / hurting / climatic trauma in between. On the other hand, my partner thought for once a K-drama depicts realistic real life romance. He thinks they tend to drag it too long, and in this time and age, nobody really has time and energy for it. So maybe it's just me.

Finally, I just want to confess that the kiss scenes in ep 12 made me blush, which is a first in my *cough* decade-long K-drama experience. Probably when you get older, you tend to be more emotional? I don't know and I surely did not expect that when I first followed this drama. Kudos to the amazing cast, and directors! The cinematography was so much on point and goshhhh, I cannot worship enough the BGM. *heart beating fast again*

Anyway, merry Christmas all and happy new year! Can't wait until next week!

@bebebisous33 Really nice recap, I enjoyed reading it a lot. The things you said about AY+JY and JY+JH were so true. 

9 hours ago, fikachuuu said:

Ahahaha~A pity you're not in the story or else you could be one of SH's potential love interests. XD . But then you would have to fight Ki Seok sunbae for her affections. :o

Haha, yeah, really sad thing they didn't ask me to play that role :joy: It would be a very nice fight though, I play dirty to win a heart, like SH. :smirk:

6 hours ago, filmstrip said:

Such a joy to read lovely insights from you guys as always! 

Re: Shi Ho and Bok Joo rivalry(?)

I think it'll be too exhausting/frustrating for us to watch SH deal with her health issues AND watch her try to steal her ex from BJ. I think even SH herself might be too exhausted to do something like this. So I'm thinking this jealousy thing won't be given too much focus. OTP will hopefully talk it out like they always do and it might even give us a idea about how our couple will keep on improving the way they communicate and resolve problems in the future. Cause you know, I don't see a future where BJ and JH are not partners for life. Heee

I can't imagine the show would make SH our OTP's major conflict for the remaining episodes cause that would be lame and Fairy has proven to be the complete opposite of that. 

Besides SH is not on the show just to play JH's ex-girlfriend. She represents an important part of the show's themes. I want a satisfying arc for her too.

There are 4 episodes left, but I never want this to end :bawling: 

I agree. I think SH is starting to get over JH. If she finds out about JH+BJ, I don't think she is surprised. She's a smart girl that knew this before they did. But JH is the only person at the university, that she has a connection to. It's a natural thing that BJ is jealous, SH is his ex-girlfriend after all.

Don't remember me of that, after the last episode aired, there will be such a great emptiness.

But as a matter of fact, I began to create a list yesterday. The things-I-want-to-see-list  The list contains everything I wish for that the drama should do with every character. How to heal wounds, overcome traumatas, a little eyecandy, ending problems, creating couples and much more sparkly little dreams. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@naritul  balloons smileyWelcome to this thread! pandaGlad that you're joining this small group! cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 The more, the better... cheer1 onion head

TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS

Spoiler

I would like to comment on this proverb. In the episode 9, JH mentioned it to KBJ when he said that with time, she would feel better and recover from her heartbreak. But actually, especially the episode 12 and even JH's trauma contradict this proverb. We have different cases (JY- AY- JH- Coach Choi - Professor Yoon and even SH) in which we can observe that all of them are stuck in the past or can't free themselves.

Now, let us focus on JY and AY first. His first love broke his heart and he never got over it. Interesting is that although women were interested in him, he set boundaries so that he kept them at a distance. I guess, he got so hurt that he unconsciously decided not to get close to people as he was too afraid of getting hurt again, if he fell in love with someone. But there is another component: JY has never released his pain or anger in front of JH too. Since he was raised to be really careful around JH, I believe, this had an influence on his behaviour towards other people as well. He never shared his true feelings or thoughts to people who were supposed to be close to him: JH or even AY. As conclusion, JY has always put a wall around himself and behind his kindness and good manners, JY was never able to forget his first love. Then we have AY who loved him, but remained as friend for 10 years hoping that he would forget his first love at some point. In her confrontation, she mentioned that she had been his shadow for 10 years!! AY really believed that time would heal his wounds and waited!! But it never happened. Because time alone won't work in the end.

JH is the perfect example that shows us that waiting is not the right answer. If we compare the relationship between JH with KBJ and JY and AY, the viewer will notice huge differences. First, although JH knew that KBJ was having a crush on his brother, he helped her. He became her confident, just like KBJ realised that JH needed support and shared her thoughts with him. Back then, they were not even a couple, but they were confining to each other. To sum up, they were supporting each other which created a closeness, although KBJ had eyes for someone else. In the other couple, AY never asked JY about his first love, that topic was taboo. She decided to wait, just like JY never mentioned it to AY as well. Then I have also the impression that she never confined to JY too. I mean, she didn't need to confess her love for him, but she could have tried a different approach. After the heartbreak, JH was standing by KBJ's side and tried to cheer her up. He used many things to make her forget, to ease her pain. So far, we never saw AY doing such a thing. She tried to get close to JY by asking him for help or meeting his parents aso. Yet, this doesn't create closeness and more importantly, this doesn't make JY forget his first love.

Now, his first love apologised (on the phone which is really tactless in my opinion) and maybe JY can get closure from it. AY finally revealed her true feelings towards JY and this could be a wake up call for JY. She has been there by his side... and this is the difference between AY and JH. AY waited and was passive in the end, while JH was really proactive in his pursuit. That's the reason why KBJ could change her feelings towards JH quite quickly. To me, it never felt so sudden because JY had hurt her (with his stupid apology) and JH tried to cheer her up all the time. He never remained passive by her side. As conclusion, this episode marks the turning point in the relationship between JY and AY. They were friends, but this is the end... 

As for JH, we know that he has abandonment issues and he could never confine to anyone about it. Time never healed his wounds and the discovery of the secret was only the trigger to reveal his abandonment issues. Striking is that when SH dumped him, he got over her quite easily in the sense that she wasn't in his mind. On the other hand, she hurt him so much that he didn't like girls approaching him. He also kept his distance to women and he wasn't interested in dating. He became interested in KBJ because he had known her from Elementary school. However, he didn't have in his mind to start a relationship with her as girlfriend. It came gradually and naturally, the closer they got. The viewer notice the difference between JY and JH, the latter is more active. He seeks his brother, takes his car aso... 

Finally, we come to our Samchun and Coach Choi couple. Coach Choi is so focused on professor Yoon that she doesn't realise that her ex-colleague will never see her more than a friend and colleague. She really hurt Samchun, when she declared that they were only drinking buddies. Samchun helped her and comforted her so many times and she still thinks of Yoon. We can see that Choi is still pining for Yoon. She keeps hoping, waiting that Yoon will notice her as a woman, but like AY she fails and will fail. Yoon is still stuck with his ex-wife. So time has not healed the wounds... he is still acting as her husband, though they are divorced. He has not moved on. Yoon is not really upset when he finally notices the closeness between coach Choi and Samchun... Choi is idealising Yoon. I don't think, Yoon will move on from his wife because the latter calls him, she has a problem hence Yoon will always hope to come back with her. Samchun is similar to JH because he is really proactive. He doesn't stop at nothing to spend time with Choi. But her words mark a turning point in their relationship. I believe, Samchun will keep his distance from her for a while, so that Choi will get aware that Samchun has been the real support. In my opinion, Choi has always been the giving one in the relationship between her and Yoon. The latter takes Choi's kindness, support and interest for granted. He doesn't get even aware that he is abusing Choi's affection and time. Time doesn't help Choi in the end: Yoon can't forget his ex-wife and she can't move on either as she is still hoping... yet since KBJ's uncle appeared, he has changed the dynamic and the nature of their relationship. So we come to conclude that the episode 12 marks a turning point for Choi-Yoon and Samchun as well. Choi might get a wake up call too.

All these examples show us that time alone can't heal all wounds, people around hurt persons need to be active and cheer them up, try to help them by talking to them aso. Waiting and hoping is not the solution.

alarm pink mouse

@honeydragon @Yongzura @triplem @staygold@sakura2016

@papulichan 

again great post chingu!! :wub: :thumbsup:

I remember when Joon Hyung told Bok Joo that time heals everything and I started crying because it wasn't the case for him as he never managed to move on from his pain of being abondante by his mother!! some woonds needs to be faced and have its closures and that's the case with Jae Yi with his old lover, Lady coach-nim with her long time crush and Joon Hyung with his mother who abondant him!! good thing Jae Yi got his wake up call and sort of closure so now he will have to act on it and figure out how and what he will do from now on and I agree with you that Ah Young was a good friend to him but she was only a friend who didn't try to be more though she wished for that and she only waited without doing anything to change things, so it wasnt only his "mistake" that he didn't see her more than a friend because though she was the closest friend to him she didn't do much to help him overcome his painful breakup!! but Lady coach-nim is still in her useless wait which made me feel hurt for samchoun!! I felt bad when she called him a drinking friend and the look in his eyes when he figured out that she likes her collegue!! ouch!! and I hope she'l realise soon that she will get no where with her waiting for him while not recognising the one who really cares for her!! and I hope Joon Hyung will let Bok Joo get more insight into his trauma!! he was there for her when she needed him and it's her right to know everything about him and be there for him like he was there for her!! 

cr: owner

cr:   merryluna88

Archived