[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, realistic2280 said:

I don't know the leads except Beak from Moon Lovers!, aka. Joon Hyung and I'm in.

Bok Joo seemed cute and yes, I vaguely remember her in Doctors (I didn't watch Doctors -.... *hides)

I like the story so far.. maybe because of Joon Hyung handsomeness... hahha...Caught the drama on cable and will be following it...

Haven't watch Legend of the SEa, and I hope WFKBJ will do well despite the stiff competition! WFKBJ Fighting!

In a way it is a sort of reunion of CITT too ;) (I wish this will help me to forget the -ve feeling at the end of CITT)

I can't help but admire all the leads here who have to prepare themselves to become real athletes for us to see.  Especially KBJ in weightlifting. Wow!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

In a way it is a sort of reunion of CITT too ;) (I wish this will help me to forget the -ve feeling at the end of CITT)

I can't help but admire all the leads here who have to prepare themselves to become real athletes for us to see.  Especially KBJ in weightlifting. Wow!

Hi Yongzura... what is CITT? sorry for not knowing.. hehe... i

I finally finished watching the first two episodes, and ah, I really like this drama a lot so far. It's really delivering what I had hoped for (extra hello to everyone who's watching this after watching Moon Lovers, lol). It's really nice to have a heart warming and sweet drama to watch. I'm a sucker for slice of life stuff, and this really hits the spot. :'D

I hope that positive word of mouth can help this drama, and I look forward to all of us sharing our thoughts and feelings here. \^0^/

22 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

I love to see Bok Joo and Joon Hyung. They are so sweet together. This drama is giving me Goong vibes, and I love that the ex is so beautiful and he's still drawn to her, and will slowly fall for BJ....I just hope BJ won't stay in love with the doctor for most of the drama, though,I want her to fall for Joon Hyung fast.First drama I'm watching after SH...can't get into the rest.

it can be just me but I think that Bok Joo has already gave a place in her heart for Joon Hyung!! with everytime she said that he's not handsome (SERIOUSLY?!!!!) she still admitted it when she told her friends that he changed alot from the skinny-weak kid he used to be to this cool and handsome man he's now!! :D plus though she was dying for him to stop teasing her she felt awkward when he was nice to her and wished her to do well in her traning and competition without teasing her which is a good sign for me!! :D 

20 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Hello there chingu!! :D @bebebisous33, you have answered my telepathic call.  Glad that you really like the story.  I guess both of us can't help but attracted to stories with school's background.

There are two parts that you mentioned that I have just realised now. Both related to BJ's trauma, yes I should have seen that he had his problem of "starting" since that relay race and not the earlier swimming competition.  The other thing is about his biological mother, I guess I'll be watching it again to understand that part ;)

Yes, let's see.  The preview of the next episode is giving us a hint that it might not be that long for us to wait:wub: and the lyrics of the OST is beginning to become an earworm:

How can I get your love

How can I make you smile

yes Joon Hyung's problem was there from his really young age but it got worst with time and it looks like it's getting even worst by now: from running in the wrong direction as a kid he started having stress attacks at every true competition and now these attacks are starting to come even out of competiontions which is a bad sign!! what's the cause behind these atacks/the trigger of his stress?!! is it his mother?!! 

yes, looks like their bonding will start soon which is a great thing but when will they realise their true feelings is another thing!! and I think that Joon Hyung will realise it before Bok Joo which makes me sad because I don't want to see him broke hearted!! I know it's part of their journey but he's so sweet and cute and I hate seeing him sad!! 

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Yongzura It seems that we can't leave the school/university background after work!!:D I am glad that my observations were useful. As for JH, I am hoping that KBJ will be the one who will take care of JH. First, KBJ met him in the past and she is someone who cares for people. Isn't it funny that KBJ was moved by the action of JH's brother, when in fact JH had already treated her like a lady but she didn't notice it? It was at the swimming pool. He rescued her and the way he was carrying her... like a gentleman. However, she didn't pay attention to it. Then he gave her towels to dry herself. So he was nice to her... but she failed to notice it, as she was so embarrassed. Besides, if JH hadn't given his umbrella to his brother Jung Jae Yi, KBJ would have never experienced JY's kindness. So JH's action had such an impact on KBJ. I am now looking foward to seeing the umbrella again because it is important from my point of view:

- Shi Ho will realise that it belongs to JH;

- JH might wonder how the unbrella ended up in KBJ' hands;

- KBJ will discover that it belongs to JH.

I can imagine that KBJ might offer the umbrella to Shi Ho and JH notices it in Shi Ho's hands.

well at Bok Joo's diffence he threw the towels on her which wasn't really a gentelman act and he broke his gentelman act when he saved her from drawning with his "how long will you keep holding me?!!"  :lol: yes he cared for her and wanted her to dry herself but his action wasn't telling and the same thing when he wanted her to have some rest after delivering the chikens!! his intention was good but it came out as a teasing gestures :sweatingbullets: good thing he's kind and sweet enough to make up for his mistake and even try to help her family by being their client and bringing his friends with him, bad thing she's not aware of it, yet!!

yes, though Joon Hyung's cousin was the one offering the umbrella to Bok Joo I saw it as Joon Hyung was the one covering her with his umbrella!! :P and I can't wait for her to find out about it!! :D 

19 hours ago, evie7 said:

Hello @everbody  I have been lurking around here for a while and have to say I LOVE, LOVE this little drama. Both of our leads were so memorable in CITT. I'm so proud of Lee Sung Kyung for bringing us such a different character and nailing it again. I'm just so happy that she has a lead role.  I have crushing on Nam Joo Hyuk since I watched him in CITT needless to say that in each different role he plays, my crush gets bigger.  This is such a fun, sweet drama that I can't stop from smiling when I'm watching it. It has a lot of heart 

@Maetawinz Thanks for starting this thread and for all the pics. My faves are of course those shirtless/ cough, cough bts pool pics. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

My thoughts exactly, I don't think the network expected this drama to win the ratings war either. As long as our leads put in a good performance and like you said earlier the netizens like it, this  drama will be looked at in a positive light.  

Hello chingu! This is what I'm looking forward to. Everytime our otp is together I can't help but fangirl over them. I didn't expect their chemistry would be so strong. I'm so happy that LSK is getting a chance to play such a positive character this time around.

@bebebisous33 Thanks so much for joining us. I thought his 'illness' is psychosomatic too but your analysis on his illness is very  insightful.  

hi chingu happy to see you here and know you're loving the drama like me!! :D 

looks like I need to watch CITT after all!! :lol: I only knew Nam Joo Hyuk In Moon Lovers and loved him there so I ended up cheking on this drama for him which ended up to be so enjoyable, full of cuteness and heart!! :D 

yes, they are adorable together!! :wub:  I admire her for taking such a role and she's making me believe her as weightlifting girl!! 

16 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Hello :)

First 2 eps r very nice...like weightlift team and how they get along...all as one...together with coaches

BJ & JH have good chemistry...though i like actor/JH's hyung...don't like her crush on him...hope won't take long them being friends while she longs for hyung and he for his ex

Hope JH just have stress problem not some serious medical one

Doesn't any man there keep track on football?!? :P...seemed those 2 guys never heard of Messi :D

hi chingu!! :) 

yes I loved that scene and I really loved coaches!! they were like a real family helping each other!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh like me!!! :P even as character he's a nice man but I love Joon Hyung and I want her to love him too specially that he's starting to have feelings for her!! 

don't worry chingu it's only out of stress but he needs help for sure because it looks like it's getting worst!! :( 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no they are fans of swimming!! :lol: 

13 hours ago, fikachuuu said:

Haha that's always the case with romantic storylines like this. The main girl will crush on another guy who is not the main guy until much later when she realises she actually likes the main guy. Kind of like how Boys over flowers was. haha

LOL I don't blame ya!;) I mean, they do have great...er..muscular definition..hahaha..:phew:

sorry to cut your post chingu!! :sweatingbullets:

yes I know!! bad thing is that it's his "hyung" so he'll be too sad when he'll realise his feelings to her and see her having feelings for his "hyung" which makes me sad for him :( but for now they'll start their bonding relationship which I'm so happy and excited to see!! :D 

11 hours ago, may6 said:

hello chingus.... a warm welcome to all.... i'm joining the club..... even though it seems to be a secret hide out since not many people seem to be commenting on this drama... I am glad to see some familiar faces or names in this case( happy that you are)  ....well now to the meaty section of this post...i like the drama..and i can grow to love it if they give me  all the necessary and rightly season moments and spare me of the undeveloped  unnecessary instances.. i love the chemistry  and i am very much engaged with the main actress change of style...this character seems like fresh water for her and i am liking her portrayal  of KBJ thus far... like some of you I am also here  after i got my heart partially broken with SHR ...so i figure something light was to follow in the menu and since NJK aka 13 prince was stepping up his career and moving on to leading man...so here i am...in a very superficial way ladies and gentleman  (if there are any ...i never know) let me just say that now is very clear where he was gaining out when that butcher of SHR( love you to the moon and beyond) was done filming...and that place is none other than the gym...boy what an improvement...he is looking fine...ok lets move on....the thing i like the  most about the drama is the emphasis  on first love ...BJ might think she is in love with the doctor ...but that is merely an attraction ...a crush ...JJH is the deal for her ... and i can't wait until he  takes it a step further in his playfulness...he likes her enough to bother her ,so its not like she doesn't affect him..he's just not willing to show a much softer treatment of his feelings than masking them with mockery ...he is unable to win her over ...and all his little intentions always backfire like when he gave her 2 extra yogurts and told her to eat a lot and enjoy her good ...while maybe he just wanted to hand her 2 extra yogurts or have the excuse to talk to her during lunch hours...it came out like him making fun of her weight and all the food she eats..the same happened with the chicken delivery ... just as the ost sings it...i the drama thus far is all about how can i win your love and make you smile ...make you mine....(by the way i am loving this ost like there is no tomorrow ...i like it a lot )   ...so JJk best of luckk in winning BJ heart you seem to have mine already...jaja:P

I loved your post!! and like you Joon Hyung has won my heart and I'm waiting for him to win Bok Joo's as well!! :D 

I think that like he's liking playing around her she started getting use to them and even felt weired when he acted nice to her and left without teasing her but only wished her good luck!! 

I believe that dispite teasing her with her "weight" he's not really mocking her nor see her as an overly weighted girl, it's just his way to play around her and he loves seeing her reaction to his teasing :lol: bad thing is that his cousin treated her as a girl for the 1st time in her life while he gave her the impression that she's no girl to him but things will change soon and I'm waiting for that!! :D 

10 hours ago, wink said:

hello everyone on a silent reader on this thread.

Already watched the 2 episode and have been really waiting for this drama because of Nam Joo Hyuk, like him since Who Are You - School 2015 but didn't watch Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Also hope they don't prolong BK crush with JJK's brother.

well I don't know how long her crush will remain for Joon Hyung's cousin but for sure her bonding withJoon Hyung will be more powerful!! ;) 

4 hours ago, hairuchii said:

Hello! This is my first post here! This drama series does not appear to be gathering many fans here on this thread, but I actually think that the low number of posts does not reflect on the quality of the drama! I actually enjoy watching the first two episodes and feel that it is going to be a fun coming-of-age series on a group of young university students! There have been numerous hilarious moments too. Haha. :D Lee Sung Kyung is doing a great job! 

So, now, we all know what to say when we see a boy / man we like... "Do you like *wiggles eyebrows* Messi? *insert smirk*" LOL. :D

yes it's bad that there isn't many posts in here but hope it will get better with the pcoming episodes and from what I saw in other blogs people loved this drama as well and I'm happy for that and I hope the rating increases too!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh but looks like it's not giving the wated results!! :lol: 

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@zagigirl Thanks for the gifs at the swimming pool!! good job onion head :heart:Well, sure, he could have given her the towels in a better way, yet I put more weight on his action as such than the way he did. When she couldn't leave the pool, he helped her, then after leaving the pool himself, he took the towels and threw it to her. He could have been more selfish and just ignored it. I mean, KBJ had called him for a while a pervert which had an impact on his reputation. Besides she had been rude to him and she had made a huge mistake with cleaning the handkerchief (yes, I know, she had good intentions). So from my point of view, he was nice to her. His brother JJY left a bigger impression because of his manners.

By the way, the title "to fall in love" could be applied between the doctor and JJY, not just JJH and KBJ and KBJ and JJY.

Of course you r right my chingu...he was nice...but when a person doesn't want to see you just can't help it...she didn't pay to much att to doc since he called her 'a lady' ...thats was turning point...from there she started to look at him with pink glasses...can't wait to see when JH fights for  her will she started to look at him a bit differently

Just hope they won't become friends and stay till the very end just to understand they love each other

I think that lady doc at school can be best for hyung...he seems not to pay att to her just like BJ doesn't to JH

they are cute!! :wub: 

cr:

the second I knew I'd love this kid :lol: 

cr: as tagged

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I remember how I was concerned for him looking troubled and sad only to see him playing a game!! :lol: really?!! :lol: 

cr:  _asian_dramas

he was sooooooo cute as a child too!! that's too much cuteness since being a kid till now is all I'm saying!! :wub: and I believe Bok Joo realised as well at that moment who he was and that's why her face was like that!! that's not really a great memory for her!! :lol:

I love how she was the one saving him when they were kids and now he's the one doing the saving!! :D:wub: 

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

yes I loved that scene and I really loved coaches!! they were like a real family helping each other!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh like me!!! :P even as character he's a nice man but I love Joon Hyung and I want her to love him too specially that he's starting to have feelings for her!! 

don't worry chingu it's only out of stress but he needs help for sure because it looks like it's getting worst!! :( 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no they are fans of swimming!! :lol: 

Yeah it's getting worst...first only before start then after that punk verbally tortured him at the pool :(

Wonder will he punch him at some point or will leave it to BJ :P

...back to JH...think he keeps everything inside and thats not good...like when he said to hyung he's not a baby who misses his mother...when he obviously does...BTW at first i thought that his handkerchief was his ex's but it his mother's 

Swimming right ;)...we'll whisper to the girl so they can change their pick up line hehe

About that little boy...he really is cute :wub:...and miniature version of our grown up cutie :wub:

20 hours ago, killervpanda said:

This drama is so interesting and lovely. I hope the rating doesn't affect the storyline. 

I wonder when exactly KBJ will have romantic feeling with JH, but i hope it soon, but still a little slow in realizing her feelings. It make it more interesting in her conflicting feeling of crushing on JH's brother and also having a confusing and unknown feeling that she WILL have for JH while she preparing for matches. Oh the frustration of sports College (sarcastic):P.

I love this scenario, everytime I think of our OTP I can't help but just smile. No matter how long it takes for KBJ to realize JH is the one for her. I know we are going to love the journey.

@zagigirl I'm so happy to see that we are watching the same dramas:D Thank You for the gifs

DH4rbC.gif&key=7d6b4ce49dbd141e03fe56595          crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif Their chemistry is off the chains.

I had no idea that NJH who was just so adorable in CITT would be so swoon worthy.

3 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Me too...I didn't last to the end in that one but both of ours leads were really good in it.  

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I know!! bad thing is that it's his "hyung" so he'll be too sad when he'll realise his feelings to her and see her having feelings for his "hyung" which makes me sad for him :( but for now they'll start their bonding relationship which I'm so happy and excited to see!! :D

Me too lonely-onion-head-emoticon.gif  Sad for him but I'm excited to see them develop a friendship first.

21 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Just hope they won't become friends and stay till the very end just to understand they love each other

I think that lady doc at school can be best for hyung...he seems not to pay att to her just like BJ doesn't to JH

Omo I hope not too. They are just too adorable together for that.

14 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I love this scenario, everytime I think of our OTP I can't help but just smile. No matter how long it takes for KBJ to realize JH is the one for her. I know we are going to love the journey.

@zagigirl I'm so happy to see that we are watching the same dramas:D Thank You for the gifs

Hi chingu :) ...still have one detail gif worth in mind...hope will have time tonight 

To tell you the truth i'm not so sure JH will be the one who'll realize he's in love first...he has problems....his ex is back...not sure hyung will return interest in BJ...for now JH feels she's a good girl...their past is a good start....and he has fun when she's around...but...will be interesting ;)

I'm curious what BJ's reaction will be when she realize he's her roommate ex....not to say his ex's to their frienship ;)..so far she had enemies far away from her room...ncccc...luckily she's strong girl

24 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I remember how I was concerned for him looking troubled and sad only to see him playing a game!! :lol: really?!! :lol: 

I loved that too :D

I like when they switch heavy and funny scenes nicely

BTW...have to praise JH/actor little more...i like his eyes and how fast and easy he switches his mood...very good

1 minute ago, zagigirl said:

I'm curious what BJ's reaction will be when she realize he's her roommate ex....

I think KBJ will be intimidated and at that point feel that JH just wants to be friends since his ex is a gymnast. She will consider her self out of his league. She looks at herself as not being an attractive woman. I can't wait to see her realize that she is.   

12 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I think KBJ will be intimidated and at that point feel that JH just wants to be friends since his ex is a gymnast. She will consider her self out of his league. She looks at herself as not being an attractive woman. I can't wait to see her realize that she is.   

You might be right...she still sees herself like she was in elementary school...thats why she mind if he calls her by her old nickname

Her friend was right that she should be proud to have such a handsome friend...she needs to gain more selfconfident to realize that herself

11 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love his excuses!! :lol: 

Me too :D...and i would forget quite soon if a guy like him first push me then save

25 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Yeah it's getting worst...first only before start then after that punk verbally tortured him at the pool :(

Wonder will he punch him at some point or will leave it to BJ :P

...back to JH...think he keeps everything inside and thats not good...like when he said to hyung he's not a baby who misses his mother...when he obviously does...BTW at first i thought that his handkerchief was his ex's but it his mother's 

Swimming right ;)...we'll whisper to the girl so they can change their pick up line hehe

About that little boy...he really is cute :wub:...and miniature version of our grown up cutie :wub:

can't I have both?!! ;) after all he deserves as much punches as he gets!! :angry:

you're right!! he keeps smiling and acting as everything is fine when actually he's just keeping it inside and not only about his mother but even his stress attacks and ex-girlfriend, good thing he agreed to get treated by a therapist and hope Bok Joo will help him as well!!

yes like you, I thought at 1st it was his ex-girlfriends but then when I saw his reaction to the news of her coming back I realised that it wasn't and it was actually his mothers!! I felt sad for him when he couldn't find her scent in the handkershief!! :( 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes that would be better!! :lol: 

yes I agree with you!! :wub: 

35 minutes ago, evie7 said:

crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif Their chemistry is off the chains.

I had no idea that NJH who was just so adorable in CITT would be so swoon worthy.

Me too...I didn't last to the end in that one but both of ours leads were really good in it.  

Me too lonely-onion-head-emoticon.gif  Sad for him but I'm excited to see them develop a friendship first.

me too!! that would be a great fun and can't wait for it!! :D 

18 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

I loved that too :D

I like when they switch heavy and funny scenes nicely

BTW...have to praise JH/actor little more...i like his eyes and how fast and easy he switches his mood...very good

yes I agree with you!! I'm loving how his portraying his role here!! :wub: 

20 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I thik that the best thing would be that at 1st she would be herself around him without the earge and need to show her feminine side to him as friends but that will change when she'll start seeing him in a new light!! at least that's how I think!! :D 

25 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

yes like you, I thought at 1st it was his ex-girlfriends but then when I saw his reaction to the news of her coming back I realised that it wasn't and it was actually his mothers!! I felt sad for him when he couldn't find her scent in the handkershief!! :( 

yes I agree with you!! I'm loving how his portraying his role here!! :wub: 

I thik that the best thing would be that at 1st she would be herself around him without the earge and need to show her feminine side to him as friends but that will change when she'll start seeing him in a new light!! at least that's how I think!! :D 

...and when he was looking at her postcard :(

It's not just here...i noticed it back there in SH already

She will be herself...but she needs time and his actions to understand he likes her anyway...she needs to embrace what she's been talking to the girls that real beauty is inside...and the truth is he started to change to her when he noticed she's been working hard and is a good daughter

Was sorry twds him when he tried her to rest a while and she took it wrong and didn't want him to pay...can't wait when she and her dad realize who and why did give him money that time

Archived