[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

Sometimes I read posts that divides the camps with comments like YSH's fan, KSH's fans or something.  I just wanna state something that has been bothering me for a while now. I'm NOT a diehard fan of either but simply someone who really likes this pairing.  Be it the fact that both are child actors who have labored hard and experienced much to come so far in the industry or simply being visually stunning together, I am here to buy the story that they want to tell.  I see a lot of posters like myself who seem to have fallen straight into "KSH's fanbase" solely because they have been standing up for KSH.  

Thing is they too are buying into the journey of these two going from solo to being a couple.  Of course when expectations in the form of storyline or character development is not met, there's bound to be disappointments. To watch one half of the couple come under harsh criticisms in no part due to their mistake, its only natural for "motherhens" to come out pecking to support the weaker one since we too wanna protect what was promised to usfrom the beginning.  Does this mean slighting YSH or his contributions to the production or overlooking his importance to this drama?  A definite no. He is solid from the start.  And will forever be known as the actor with no antis.  Trusting in the strength of his standing and his excellence, "motherhens" will just naturally fend harder for his half instead.

These two actors are so precocious and talented and there's no doubt I will 100% support every other production they will be in in the future but for now, I just wanna see them through their journey together in this one.  

Agree with you, I'm not a diehard fan of anyone specifiic either.  As long as they are able to carry the characters well, I'll support whoever they are even the minor characters who sometimes are the scene stealers.  I'm following the story and I believe that it is arranged that way with a purpose.  Well, this is just me...

A few minutes more.... 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen: Highlight’s Yang Yoseob Releases Self-Composed Ballad For “Ruler: Master Of The Mask” OST

Highlight-Yang-Yoseob-Yoo-Seung-Ho.jpg

Highlight’s Yang Yoseob has penned his first OST, which will be showcased in MBC’s “Ruler: Master of the Mask.”

Yang Yoseob had kicked things off for the drama with its first OST track “Couldn’t Cry Because I’m a Man” (literal title). For his new track, the idol has teamed up with Gyuberlake and worked on every aspect of the song, from composing the melody to writing the lyrics and arranging the music. “Tree” is set to be the singer’s first traditional ballad as well.

“Tree” is a song that reflects the longing but steadfast feelings of a man who waits for the woman he loves. His unique vocal tone will mix perfectly with the string instrumental to push the story forward as relationships deepen and become more complicated between Crown Prince Lee Sun (Yoo Seung Ho), Han Ga Eun (Kim So Hyun), and Lee Sun (INFINITE’s L, Kim Myung Soo).

“Tree” was released at 6 p.m. KST on June 7 on various online music sites. Give the song a listen and let us know what you think!

Taken from Soompi.

@ferily

I want so much to change my profile picture to this one below, but ottoke? I'm still not ready to let go of my SoSoo Couple..... There must be a way to put 2 couples in one profile pic, right? Haha, never mind...

5mHeOw3FRYfp636324216653568149.JPG

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

I want so much to change my profile picture to this one below, but ottoke? I'm still not ready to let go of my SoSoo Couple.....

:blush: You are loyal to the one you love.  Until you are ready...hold on to it..

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah, I shall wait for a hugging one, or an almost kissing one... :tongue:

:lol::lol:

both couples are the sweetest i ever seen *SoSoo and SeonGaeun :heart: 

couple in sageuk is kinda different...the feeling. 

Startingggg

HG and DM talking about CP again - think HG is telling her grandfather she will die again if chief peddler dies (her threat never changes does it..)

GE hears about Daemok from MooHa! She learns CP asked MH to keep it a secret because it would put her in danger.. Ooooh another new OST by a female singer.

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

Looks like HG is going to undergo the initiation too :o Yoon Sohee looks very pretty in that shot though!

Ok looks more like she's arguing with the masked men why she makes a good leader for Pyunsoohwe

She looks so charismatic as a leader compared to her father.  Her grandfather sure looks so proud of her. The only thing is we do not know yet how she is going to lead the group.

OTP's moment...:wub:

Lol CP pretending his arm hurts? Or is fine but it really hurts?

Looks like he told her he saw her and left 5 years ago at the new village

Yay holding hands scene :heart:

First time GE and HG meet in person.  So sweet CP didn't want to let go of GE's hand

10 hours ago, etylovedrama said:

Hi all Monarch,

Silent reader before then finally decide to unlurk. So obsessed with this drama. Refer to new stills, Ga Eun clothes look different than before. Not so plain... :wub::wub:

Can't wait to read tonight live recap...

hi chingu happy you're joining us here!! :D

10 hours ago, findit said:

WooBo: They are struggling cuz they don't have much experience of love

CP: (Smiling like he can't deny it) Let's do our best!!

GaEun: (Nodding)

So lovely! :wub:

hhhhhhhhhhh how mean!! :lol: but they did REALLY WELL Woo Bo sansein!! :lol: 

7 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

OST that i waited the most since they release that K.Will will sing for the drama ost.

what a beautiful cover

OH MY!! K.Will's OST will be released tomorrow?!! :w00t::wub: 

thank you so much for sharing chingu :wub: and yeah beautiful cover!! :wub: 

thank you all for all your posts!! :wub: 

Archived