[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Call me deaf or whatever but I swear I heard this instrumental music more than any of the OSTS and there were 18 of them WAE????? I didnt hear KSH OST in the drama. Did anyone??? Which ep?

didn't hear her OST till now but need to watch the episode fully and with calmer brain to see if it was used in todays episode or not!!

2 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Im sorry dear KSH but your role here didnt give you much room to SHINE... :sleepy:

Even in Goblin you were better and that was a cameo...YAH!!! BLACKLIST THOSE ROOKIE WRITERS

cr https://twitter.com/sohyunsshi

hhhhhhhhh she wore same royal wedding dress in her other dramas when she was a child actress?!! :lol: that's a full cyrcle with our King/Yoo Seung Ho here as her 1st adult role!! :wub::wink: 

I sooooooooooo loved his confession!! :heart: can't tell what was said but I think she told him to chese his people over her but he told her how that's what they told him when she was abducted by Dea Mok, to save himself and live for his people but if he did save himself and abondont her he he wouldn't be himself anymore and asked her since when becoming a King means he should be monster like Dea Mok or kneel down to a monster like Dea Mok and asked her to stay by his side for him and the people!! this man has his ways of sweet and moving words awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :blush: 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

One question: how did they make DM's eyes red like that?? Wow.....

I need more BTS pictures!!! and videos!!!! Am feeling the withdrawal already........

@jakey09 wish we can time jump to 5 years from now too, just like in dramas.

Most likely some kind of effect, it is possible these days with technology. I dont think they made him wear a lens.

7 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

didn't hear her OST till now but need to watch the episode fully and with calmer brain to see if it was used in todays episode or not!!

hhhhhhhhh she wore same royal wedding dress in her other dramas when she was a child actress?!! :lol: that's a full cyrcle with our King/Yoo Seung Ho here as her 1st adult role!! :wub::wink: 

I sooooooooooo loved his confession!! :heart: can't tell what was said but I think she told him to chese his people over her but he told her how that's what they told him when she was abducted by Dea Mok, to save himself and live for his people but if he did save himself and abondont her he he wouldn't be himself anymore and asked her since when becoming a King means he should be monster like Dea Mok or kneel down to a monster like Dea Mok and asked her to stay by his side for him and the people!! this man has his ways of sweet and moving words awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :blush: 

Reveal hidden contents

Haha, I have to admit her goblin outfit was really really pretty (: Would have been nice to see more of her in a Queen outfit but I am still satisfied.

Ah I love CP's romantic side of him. How when he see GE and thinks of her nothing else matters, everything else fades away. Beautiful scene! They were just so pretty!!!1

Ended second drama this week.

Thank you everyone for being here watching it together from the start.

Will be listening to the OST while waiting for the sub.  

Credit to the owner.  

Most probably there will be someone who will have all the OST later.

ahhhh repeating tears at the last scene - who guessed they would kill off both leads when we were still busy speculating which one would die!

I love that Gon was there at the end with CP, fulfilling his master's wish til they day he dies. 

And such a throwback when I saw KSH in her wedding hanbok - really reminded me of moon who embraces the sun!  IM GLAD her wedding finally was one with a HAPPY ENDING!

8 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Rewatching the scene where DM died... omo Heo Jun Ho is such a goood actor. How red his eyes were from the poison. And so prideful til his death, never regreting anything...  

yeah he's a great actor, he made Dea Mok this compelling and terrifying vilain!! :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

One question: how did they make DM's eyes red like that?? Wow.....

I need more BTS pictures!!! and videos!!!! Am feeling the withdrawal already........

@jakey09 wish we can time jump to 5 years from now too, just like in dramas.

there is a liquidz I saw staff use in other drama to make the lead's eyes look red from being overdose drugged!! 

me too!! I'm waiting for the new OSTs MVs to keep on rewatching them with the rest of the other MVs :tongue: hhhhhh can't believe our drama ended!! :bawling: 

26 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@YourHighness . awww i know. I will miss everything about this drama and what we all did as we wait for episodes! Awe we had no last kiss..but

Hide contents

At least the ending will not traumatize us..especially me..like Faith! :tongue:

Awww..it really is the end guys. The bittersweet empty feeling is hitting me!

Oh yeah that ending made curse the air blue. I was so mad.:lol: Atleast I loved the ending for Ruler, even though we got no kiss<_< and no consummation scene.:flushed::lol: Please let there be a modern drama for these two.:heart:

I read the knet comments and here's some ideas:

- The King holds sword and fights himself.

- DM and the water guy talk to the king in banmal.

- The king said "If GE isnt the queen, I wont be a king" (? he did said that?)

- The plot is childish till the end. The writers, please dont write anymore.

- The drama start with poison and end with poison (should it change the name to Ruler: master of poison?)

And here's probably the last photo of the two we can get T__T I need another project of them T__T

DEn4WUUU0AIlT4F.jpg

NAVER TV has released a lot of videos: 

http://m.tv.naver.com/v/1858085 - making film 

http://m.tv.naver.com/v/1858083 - BTS of royal wedding & KSH/YSH message 

http://m.tv.naver.com/v/1858072 - BTS of LS's death scene

KSH is always giggling and happy during set ahahah but when it comes to seriousness, she is such a pro lol I love the whole vibe of the cast. sigh, I'll miss them so much especially seeing the two leads on the same screen.

i love how at LS's BTS video - both YSH & KSH were staring off in silent to get their emotions and when they were crying, UGH MY HEART!

3 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Most likely some kind of effect, it is possible these days with technology. I dont think they made him wear a lens.

Haha, I have to admit her goblin outfit was really really pretty (: Would have been nice to see more of her in a Queen outfit but I am still satisfied.

Ah I love CP's romantic side of him. How when he see GE and thinks of her nothing else matters, everything else fades away. Beautiful scene! They were just so pretty!!!1

like I said above, it's a liquid a staff use to make eyes look red!!

it's different era and they should stick to it chingu!! 

I love how he made her see that her being by his side is her way of protecting and helping the King and his people awwwwwwwwwwww :blush: that's how she agreed to be with him, our smart-sweet talker King!! :blush::wink: 

4 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Ended second drama this week.

Thank you everyone for being here watching it together from the start.

Will be listening to the OST while waiting for the sub.  

the album is out?!! :w00t: Thank you sooooooo much chingu!! :wub: 

so happy we had another drama that we watched together and was part of its thread :D:wub: hope we will meet again in other threads with other dramas!! :wub: 

6 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

ahhhh repeating tears at the last scene - who guessed they would kill off both leads when we were still busy speculating which one would die!

I love that Gon was there at the end with CP, fulfilling his master's wish til they day he dies. 

And such a throwback when I saw KSH in her wedding hanbok - really reminded me of moon who embraces the sun!  IM GLAD her wedding finally was one with a HAPPY ENDING!

I always thought Lee Seon would be the one dying not Hwa Gun but both died for the people they loved!!

me too!! :D he's a great added help to our King!! :wink::wub: 

Finally!! :lol: that's full circle after many years with a happy ending!! :wub: 

Hahaha..thinking back to yesterday, we really gave ourselves headaches for nothing :lol: we were all coming up with new scenarios and cameos hahaha

@ktcjdrama @sakura2016 @YourHighness . @rhaps @kaoriharang 

@Kasmic maybe we will meet in another drama of YSH again where we see more than his bare shoulders :tongue: *the drama is done now. We can misbehave* :tongue::D

Whenever I decide to follow a drama closely, the bittersweet feeling of the finale will always hit me harder than when I was eagerly waiting for the beginning of it:

All my Monarch chingus! Too many to tag each of you individually. Since last year, many of us waited for this drama to air. And when it did, we watched with excitement. Along the way, viewers dropped it because of its imperfections. Yet..we held on, ranted past the flaws, and found ourselves loving the chemistry of these casts, especially CP and GE (YSH & KSH). I really hope another drama God hears our and theirs..prayers and have these two reunite again, modern era with a stronger writing script. I also hope we all will meet each other again in another forum/drama thread, and reminisce the memories made here. I had the chance to meet many new friends, learn many new names, and meet a few of my old drama buddies @kaoriharang @YourHighness . @LoveSGI will miss the humor each of us brought into this drama, and the insights each of us provided as the week went by. We ranted, we threw objects, and we survived the flaws of this drama. I will truly miss each and every one of you :bawling: thank you to live recappers..and chingus who translated Korean for us..and those who found spoilers and BTS for us to zoom and watch. Thank you! Thank you to the crew and staff and cast! I loved Ruler until the end!

It will take a few days for me to gather my final thoughts because usually the ending episode of any drama I follow has me all up in emotional feels. As this drama ends, I will head to Shippers thread to fill my void of ShyShy. And if we happen to watch the same drama again in the future, let us discuss, zoom and spazz again!

Love you all, my Monarch chingus! :heart:

Edit

Awwwww..those BTS..i miss them already!! I miss everyone of the cast! 

5 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Haahaha aweee KSH looked tiny amongst all the guys in that forest LS dying scene! really ddrove in that this was a very male-centric drama :tongue:

YES PLS RELEASE MORE BTS! MILK IT TO THE END!

oh yeah i want more!

Archived