[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

Ruler: Master of the Mask Dramaclub Ep 1-4 : Water rules the world

Spoiler

4c9d1209-9cf6-46bb-b1e9-5f3e2e596242.jpg

The King sold his soul to the devil for power and now the price has come due. This leaves the Crown Prince with a superpower and a mask. As the Crown Prince starts to take his first baby steps of power he runs afoul of the Pyunsoo Hwe and only realizes his mistake too late. A boy who shares his name and maybe even his face is affected by this mistake, but can anything be done about it?

RMOTM.3.4.6.jpg

RMOTM.3.4.2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

Tiara: It’s only a matter of time before everything blows up in the Crown Prince’s face. Ga Eun’s dad is next on the list to be killed. I’m curious to learn more about Ga Eun. She’s very intelligent on a lot of different subjects as she’s been learning from Teacher Woo Bo. Will she become the Crown Prince’s Oracle after she gets over her act of revenge?

Wendilynn: She’s lovely and intelligent and she’s got medical knowledge. Maybe that helps us deal with the poison issue down the road? I’m really glad to see Kim So Hyun in this role. I think she’ll match Seung Ho beautifully. Both are strong actors and I think both will give us as good as they can get.

RMOTM.3.4.4.jpg

Firnlambe: Agreed. It’s going to be interesting watching this love triangle (square?) over the course of the series. So much acting talent in one enclosed space….but then I’ve always like watching So Hyun in a historical setting, so I’m a bit biased. If she doesn’t end up with Seung Ho with the chemistry they have going on from just staring at each other I’ll be miffed.

Tiara: I love the interaction between So Hyun and Seung Ho. They’ve got the chemistry and I can’t wait for the love storyline to develop more. The Crown Prince definitely has a crush. He may not have been ready to talk marriage with his dad earlier in the episodes, but after he meets Ga Eun he’s ready to start the talks.

Wendilynn: The chemistry between our four leads is really good. The greenhouse scene was good. The boys fighting together worked really well. Ga Eun and the Crown Prince scenes are awesome. I think we’ve got a compelling foursome who will ultimately give us a lot of good stuff to watch. And I agree with you, if he gets to marry Ga Eun, he’ll start those talks himself.

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/ruler--master-of-the-mask-dramaclub-ep-1-4---water-rules-the-world/

++++++++++++++++++

Ruler: Master of the Mask actress Kim So Hyun shares stunning BTS photo from Skono shoot

Spoiler

e5bdfae3-5a8f-43a7-96f9-43259f016c8b.PNG

Kim So Hyun is picture perfect!

The Ruler: Master of the Mask actress proves she is gorgeous in any century with the release of one of her behind-the-scenes photos. The 17 year-old star is the official South Korean model for the Norwegian shoe brand  Skono, and she shared one of the BTS images from one of her recent photo shoots on Instagram. Whether it's the 18th century Joseon era or 2017, Kim So Hyun is a natural beauty with no filter necessary. In her recent still, she holds a pink rose up to her face as she shyly gazes up at the camera.

7feb59c2-f8b7-4f2c-ba33-e7b7b1f67897.PNG

Skono chose the young actress to be their model this past winter because of her clean cut image. She started modeling for them around the same time she wrapped up her guest starring Goblin role. Now that she is starring in Ruler: Master of the Mask, Kim is juggling full-time acting, modeling and school work all at the same time.

After watching her first week on Ruler, do you feel she doing a good job balancing work and school? How would you rate her portrayal of Han Ga Eun?

Image Credit: Kim So Hyun's Instagram

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/ruler-actress-kim-so-hyun-shares-stunning-bts-photo-from-skono-shoots/

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@parmma thank you for the dramafever review :D I laughed hard reading it!! :lol: and I wasn't the only one who wanted to slap that crazy girl whenever she smiled!! hhhhhhh

tumblr_opr93xxTdi1vqfmslo2_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_opr93xxTdi1vqfmslo1_1280.png

tumblr_opr93xxTdi1vqfmslo3_1280.png

What’s wrong with looking like a Goblin?

tumblr_inline_opr93h4nd91rf46i7_400.gif

cr: captainjoongki

hhhhhhh exactly my thought!! :lol: I was "excuse me, My Goblin is really handsome you know!!" :wub: 

@stargazer187
I think your guess is right. I guess there will be some sort of misunderstanding between Ga Eun and prince Sun for some time before they can finally set the records straight that he has no hands in the execution of her father.

@sakura2016 @angrytomato
Thank you guys :D That speaks of how desperate I am for our CP not to be Ga-Eun's killer haha.

25 minutes ago, maskros said:

@stargazer187
I think your guess is right. I guess there will be some sort of misunderstanding between Ga Eun and prince Sun for some time before they can finally set the records straight that he has no hands in the execution of her father.

@sakura2016 @angrytomato
Thank you guys :D That speaks of how desperate I am for our CP not to be Ga-Eun's killer haha.

right!! 

hhhhhhhh I can understand your desperation chingu!! :D but no worries it's only a missunderstanding, well it will complicate things for our OTP for some time but it will get solved eventually!! :wink: 

tumblr_opt8b7w8zg1qk6zmeo1_540.gif

tumblr_opt8b7w8zg1qk6zmeo2_540.gif

tumblr_opt8b7w8zg1qk6zmeo3_540.gif

“I missed your sarcastic remarks”

cr: kdramagif

hhhhh how adorable he is!! :wub: I love their dunamic, even though they are supposedly student-teacher/Crown Prince-guard they are more of dongseang-hyung relationship!! :wub: 

I think I'm becoming obsessed with this show. Been thinking about it so much throughout these few days.

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, I am wondering if the prediction about the CP's birth could be connected to LS' birth as well. Imagine that they were born the same day, since they share the same name... their fate could be intertwined: the one who becomes a true ruler and the one who won't survive. I am expecting a tragic death for LS anyway, especially if he becomes PS' puppet.

Glad to see you'll be watching this also. Always love reading your analysis.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but although they share the same name, they are only the same in pronunciation. At least that's what is being shown in the Chinese sub. The hanja characters for their names are totally different. Only the sound of the name is the same. I hope LS doesn't die though.

8 hours ago, maskros said:

For easier comparison, this is what the mask looks like on our CP's face. Compare it with the executer's face, and you'll see that he (the executer) has a much squarer and bigger face than Yoo Seung-Ho:

More screenshots for side-by-side comparison:

Thanks for doing the investigative works for us!! :D Now going back to trailer to look at LS's face when wearing mask.

9 hours ago, Berou said:

Based on the characters information, LS commoner is a villain who will turn against the CP  and will try to take the throne from him. We've already seen on this week eps how he hates being looked down because of his social status. He is an intelligent person, who silently aspires to climb the social ladder,hence his unwilling to not give up studies ( if I remember correctly he said what's wrong with studying,then the CP said to him he was strange since a commoner can't have a public post/ official position) Replacing the CP and wearing the mask is an opportunity to him to fufill his desires. But when it will be time to go back being the LS commoner,his love for GE and his greed will push him to betray the CP.

Your hypothesis about the fake CP and real CP is excellent. I didn't think about it. I'll wait for the upcoming eps to see if it can be held :wink:

Where did you read this? The ones I've read do not give a definitive role of LS. I think it was purposely done that way to make us viewers keep guessing. Even during the press-con, they were careful to reveal too much about the actual relationship between CP and LS down the show. One of the reporters asked about their bromance in the show. And I can tell that YSH and L answered very vaguely.

A good drama to watch.

What I like the most is the youthful aura from Yoo Seung Ho, (he could bring out his cute side in acting)make the drama light and bright to watch.

I'm waiting for next eps in this Wed and Thurs.

Ok Got time now to come and visit this thread. Firstly I like the casting for this show and the story just made me watch this drama..I like the CP character portrayal funny,cheerful and easygoing but stand us up against injustice wherever necessary.In fact these are quite important qualities that a future king must posses.This is my 4th saeguk after Moon lovers,Hwarang,Love in the moonlight so I'm pretty new to saeguk but I have quite a lot of expectations seeing the plot and cast.

Ga- Eun according to the character sketch she swears to take revenge on CP so it is definitely related to her father's execution right??

Ok I have one doubt was CP born on the said time or before that because for me while watching it, it was pretty much unclear whether the astrologer told the truth that it was proper time or not.And when CP was poisoned by Pyung soo group did he recover by himself??

can't wait for upcoming episodes as it is going to be full of twists and turns

24 minutes ago, athena22 said:

Ok Got time now to come and visit this thread. Firstly I like the casting for this show and the story just made me watch this drama..I like the CP character portrayal funny,cheerful and easygoing but stand us up against injustice wherever necessary.In fact these are quite important qualities that a future king must posses.This is my 4th saeguk after Moon lovers,Hwarang,Love in the moonlight so I'm pretty new to saeguk but I have quite a lot of expectations seeing the plot and cast.

Ga- Eun according to the character sketch she swears to take revenge on CP so it is definitely related to her father's execution right??

Ok I have one doubt was CP born on the said time or before that because for me while watching it, it was pretty much unclear whether the astrologer told the truth that it was proper time or not.And when CP was poisoned by Pyung soo group did he recover by himself??

Yes, he recovered by himself. The other good point is that he can no longer get poisoned. His body has become immune to poison.

7 hours ago, jeijei said:

Can YSH please guest in King of Mask Singer for meta fun and promotion? 

That would be fun. :) Or maybe L should guest in it since he's going to sing an OST for the drama. Someone associated with the show's OST did appear in KOMS'  latest episode ... going by the name of "White Tiger" or "Kang Baekho". I googled and found out that "Kang Baekho" is the name of a character played by Yoo Seung Ho in a drama a few years ago. Kang Baekho is ...

Spoiler

Hwang Chi Yeul :)

Here he is singing a beautiful duet with a competitor who turns out to be actress Jung Hye Sung.

Why are we HCY fans so positive he is Kang Baek Ho? Well, here is a post on HCY Baidu Bar with pictorial "evidence" :):

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5116554632

I think his identity will be revealed in the episode of KOMS this Sunday.  Not surprised because I don't think there is any way he can dethrone Queen Sohyang.

Re: HCY's OST for "Ruler" he sang a bit of it when he had his usual informal mini-meeting with his fans on Monday - the same bit that has been played on the drama but he said something that made his fans laugh. Too bad I don't understand Korean ... 1st 80 seconds of this video:

@vangsweetie637 I like your suggestion to call the posters here  "Masquerades" .. or perhaps "Masqueraders"?

I am pretty sure the CP executioner is his knee pad wearing eunuch and Commoner lee sun will join Pyunsuhwe based on the 5 min trailer where we'll see our commoner lee sun seems to be shouting in pain in front of daemok.

12 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

@parmma thank you for the dramafever review :D I laughed hard reading it!! :lol: and I wasn't the only one who wanted to slap that crazy girl whenever she smiled!! hhhhhhh

Hide contents

What’s wrong with looking like a Goblin?

cr: captainjoongki

hhhhhhh exactly my thought!! :lol: I was "excuse me, My Goblin is really handsome you know!!" :wub: 

ROTFLOL! Why does it has to be referenced to our dear Tokkebi?? Oh dear... my dear poor Goblin ...opppsss... my dear rich Goblin.. I think the two clowns missed the drama altogether.... hence they think the Goblin a.k.a Kimshin is ugly and dreadful.! I'll smack them!

@bebebisous33 "she cooked properly this time"- ha I scoffed at that. Thank for sharing your theory about birth secret too, if it's truly what it's, i can sense a huge twist about their fate. I'm still skeptical about which hour were CP born, if he was born with good fate then that scene where  everyone was worried seems wasted, but if he was indeed fated for a short live, I couldn't be prepared for that, especially when this drama focuses solely on how CP becomes the true Ruler.

@maskros well your explanation was more than enough detailed dear, don't worry. I couldn't go as throughout as you, it's just my sense tell me that it's not CP. We will get our answer in next ep maybe, along with the angst

12 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

they took her father!! :confounded:

11 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

Bigger version

Hide contents

Sr.dc

omo!! :o is the crazy girl really helping our Crown Prince?!! why is he wearing like her grandfather's "ninja" guards?!! I'd love that!! :D I'm happy with anthing and anyone helping him!! 

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:
6 hours ago, athena22 said:

Yes, he recovered by himself. The other good point is that he can no longer get poisoned. His body has become immune to poison.

the king (force) fed him the antidote but his survive was like a merical!! 

yes, Ga Eun will believe that the Crown Prince was the one who killed her father since the man who'll do the exacution was wearing our Crown Prince's mask and attire but not really our Crown Prince!! 

that's where the writer's trick lies chingu, the Crown Prince was annoced to be born at exact 9 o'clock but that was made intentionally to leave us wondering about his fate since it's the very end of one fate and the very start of another one so we're left with "will he grew to be a great ruler or will he die youg?!!" question and they better not go the later's road!! 

3 hours ago, akausagi said:

I am pretty sure the CP executioner is his knee pad wearing eunuch and Commoner lee sun will join Pyunsuhwe based on the 5 min trailer where we'll see our commoner lee sun seems to be shouting in pain in front of daemok.

I think it's his servant who became his stand-in during the execution!!! 

3 hours ago, hmseen said:

ROTFLOL! Why does it has to be referenced to our dear Tokkebi?? Oh dear... my dear poor Goblin ...opppsss... my dear rich Goblin.. I think the two clowns missed the drama altogether.... hence they think the Goblin a.k.a Kimshin is ugly and dreadful.! I'll smack them!

hhhhhhhhhhh yeah they missed seeing our handsome Goblin!! :lol: 

Archived