Kim Yoo-Jung & Park Bo-Gum | Moonlight Couple|

Rin90

45 minutes ago, boyoo88 said:

:wub: I LOOOVE THIS SHIP

we're delulu but in logic way. 

actually we're lucky because we have so many boyoo moments to analyze and makes our heart flutter. 

I saw YJ manager upload in his ig pict of incheon airport maybe 8hours ago. I wonder why there's no picture of YJ in incheon airport. Im searching but found nothing.

Because she's skillful ninja.

Remember yesterday when we guessed YJ take different flight with BG, she's only have one pict but arrive at the same time with BG haha

I also somewhat believe that she also go to Tsim Tsa Tsui? with BG in ninja mode on

• Like 19

54 minutes ago, boyoo1213 said:

dear.. may I know what the difference between the dvd and blueray? The blueray's price is twice from the dvd.

Spoiler

The Difference Between DVD and Blu-ray

1. Top Ten Reviews 
  2. Electronics 
  3. Articles

The Difference Between DVD and Blu-ray
by Erin Monaghan

Blu-ray has finally won the high definition format war, but that is just the beginning. There is a lot of confusion out there among the general public about the difference between DVD and Blu-ray discs. Although Blu-ray discs look exactly the same as DVDs in size and shape there are many differences between the media, including storage capacity, laser technology, disc construction, image resolution and player compatibility.

Storage Capacity
Storage capacity is measured in gigabytes (GB), like computers and iPods. The more GB the disc has more information it can hold.

• DVD- Single layer DVDs can store about 4.7 GB of data, which is about two hours worth of movie. These are commonly referred to as DVD-5s. Double layer DVDs, or DVD-9s, can store twice the amount of data at 8.7 GB. This equals about four hours of movie, or one “Lord of the Rings” movie.
  • Blu-ray- Single layer Blu-ray discs store approximately 25 GB of data, this equals about two hours of high definition information or 13 hours of standard definition information. Double layer Blu-ray discs can hold about 50 GB equaling about four and a half hours of high definition information or 26 hours in standard definition. Potentially you could put all three “Lord of the Rings” movies on one double layer Blu-ray disc.

Laser Technology
Lasers are used in both media to read the information stored on the disc. As the disc spins the laser reads the information and transfers both picture and sound to the television.

• DVD- DVD players use a red laser at 650nm wave length to read DVD discs. As the disc spins the laser reads the information encoded on the media and produces an image and sound on your television.
  • Blu-ray- Like the name suggests Blu-ray players use a blue laser to read the stored information. Blue laser wavelengths are shorter than the red at 405nm and are about two and a half times smaller in diameter than red lasers. This allows for closer and more precise reading of information stored on the disc.

Disc Construction
Physically, Blu-ray and DVD discs are identical. Both media have grooves or pits on their bottom layer than enables the laser to penetrate through and read the stored information.

• DVD- Since DVDs are read with a red laser the grooves on its underside need to be wide enough to accommodate the larger wavelength. Because the grooves are so far apart only 4.7 GB of information can be stored on each layer of the disc. DVDs also include a protective layer designed to resist scratching.
  • Blu-ray- The grooves on a Blu-ray disc are much thinner and closer together because the blue laser used to read the disc has a shorter wave length and is two and a half times thinner than the red laser. This allows the Blu-ray disc to squeeze almost five times as many grooves on to a disc exactly the same size as a DVD. Blu-ray also includes a protective layer to prevent scratches. This protective layer is physically thinner than the one on a DVD, but it has a hard coating that makes it more scratch resistant.

Image Resolution
Image resolution is measured by the number of vertical lines times the number of horizontal lines of light in a picture. It is represented by the number of horizontal lines going across the screen like 480, 720 or 1080. The higher the number the higher the resolution and more detailed the picture.

• DVD- Almost all DVDs have a standard definition resolution of 480 or enhanced definition resolution of 520. These resolutions look great on a standard “tube” TV utilizing all available pixels on the screen. However, if blown up to accommodate a widescreen HDTV the picture may look grainy. Although a DVD can store high definition data it would only fit about 30 minutes maximum.
  • Blu-ray- Blu-ray was designed for high definition 1080 display. Since they can store 25 GB of data you can fit an entire HD movie on a single layer disc. Blu-ray currently has the best image resolution on the market and looks great on HDTVs. Blu-ray discs are one of the few signal sources that displays in 1080, not even HD cable or satellite companies can claim that yet.

Player Compatibility
Some of us are still recovering from the VHS to DVD format switch of almost 10 years ago, slowly upgrading our VHS collections to DVD. Now, there is a new, better format on the horizon and many are still skeptical. However, you’ll be happy to hear that all Blu-ray players support DVDs.

cr: http://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/articles/the-difference-between-dvd-and-blu-ray/

• DVD Players- Blu-ray discs cannot and will not play in a standard DVD player, because the red laser used in DVD players is too large to read the tiny grooves in a Blu-ray disc.
  • Blu-ray Players- All Blu-ray players currently on the market (including the Playstation 3) are backwards compatible and will still play standard DVDs. However, the DVD image displayed, while still decent, will not be high definition quality like a Blu-ray disc.

Fear not technophobes, the transition from DVD to Blu-ray will be relatively painless once the price of Blu-ray players starts to come down. With the exception of storage capacity perhaps the best thing Blu-ray has going for it is its higher image resolution and compatibility with standard DVDs. To find the Blu-ray player that fits your budget see our Blu-ray DVD players review.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, boyoo1213 said:

dear.. may I know what the difference between the dvd and blueray? The blueray's price is twice from the dvd.

DVD are lower quality.  The video quality is like a 420p while blurays are like 720/1080p.  Only good thing about blurays is that depending in the country you live in, you don't need a special region player to watch the discs.

• Like 12

The reason that YJ is not up for deasang is because she hasnt passed the phrase new actor. bo gum was nomination best new actor two years ago, so he can natually go up from there. If YJ has been nominated as best new actor before she could be up to deasang as well. Anyway this is her first lead adult role so she will be up there in few years

• Like 21

7 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

The reason that YJ is not up for deasang is because she hasnt passed the phrase new actor. bo gum was nomination best new actor two years ago, so he can natually go up from there. If YJ has been nominated as best new actor before she could be up to deasang as well. Anyway this is her first lead adult role so she will be up there in few years

Well at least not at KBS...but she got best child actor before from KBS.  I think that even though she's the female lead in LITM...LITM is still considered BG's drama.   He generated the most buzz from the drama.  

• Like 10

I agree like i said in kyj thread i had a feeling her first ever daesang are not came from kbs maybe if she doing her next drama to that network and if the drama is has a good review.like mdbc no hesistation she get her first daesang to this network she surprise her when they include her on the list even she does not have any nomination in other category including new actress category in the list where the actress/actor are veterance and she the only teenager.

• Like 10

Thanks @bubblyflo and @honeywell for the explanation. So the contain of the dvd and blueray will be the same right? Such as director's cut etc. The only different is the quality. Sorry for asking too much. It is the first time I plan to buy such thing :)

• Like 6

Im still confused about that nomination. I think those are not the real list, only prediction. Deasang doesnt have nomination. It is the highest honor so there are no nomination only one prize. I have checked back the last 10 years, there wasnt any nomination for deasang. 90% of bo gum projects are on KBS (maybe because of blossom). Im sure he will get excellent award or top excellent award this year. 

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, mamun said:

@Chi Le

@honeywell I beg to disagree, LITM is BoYoo's drama. Of course you would see more of Bogum's fans since the viewers are mostly female, especially us International fans, most of us here are women so naturally, we are more inclined to give attention to Bogum.

But look at it from the bigger picture, he would not be able to sell the character Lee Young as well as he did a wooden actress became his partner. Yoojung herself garnered a fair amount of new fans thanks to this drama. I myself was just a Bogummy's fans, but thanks to MDBC i discovered one more gem which is Kim Yoo Jung. Pls think twice before we say things like this.

I'm not trying to belittle YJ.  I love YJ and she was the main reason I got excited over LITM.  But to the media and the press, it's BG's drama.  His performance in the drama is the one the generated the most buzz.

• Like 11

Im curious im sure other network offer him a drama why did he try to do a drama in the other network not include tvn like kyj did she work to different tv network she had a opportunity to work with some  brilliant actors and  director of other network. 

• Like 6