[Reality show] My Ear's Candy 내 귀에 캔디( tvN) Every Thu from 18 Aug

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, pixelsticks said:
<<<content has been removed>>>

A HUGE thank you to Lee Joon Gi International Fan Club on Facebook for translating!!  (Earlier translated episodes can be found on their facebook page).  <<maybe>>>

In the meantime, there are a few small translated clips found at KCON.tv 

http://www.kcon.tv/variety/my-ear's-candy-2

Thank you so much for sharing the link - I enjoyed it - but I was really hoping to find one where Choi JiWoo was the guest.

@viyra I'm assuming you were referring to Junki-Minyoung aka the Taiyaki Couple right? If so, I am glad they met as well. It would be a shame if they didn't. Honestly watching Junki-Minyoung's segments was more exciting than ALL WGM or ANY current K-Dramas that I'm watching right now LoL!:tongue:

Judging by the many appearances they both made on this show clearly indicates the couple as the viewer's favorite:D And rightfully so because Junki's voice just sound like melted butter HA. There's something so endearing about reuniting with a long lost acquaintance, in this case Junki meeting her again after 10 years... hoping they get casted in a romcom ASAP.

Soompi article :

“My Ear’s Candy” Addresses Lee Joon Gi And Park Min Young’s Appearance In Light Of Dating News

R. Choi April 4, 2017

tvN’s “My Ear’s Candy” has released their official position after the announcement of Lee Joon Gi and Jeon Hye Bin‘s relationship.

On April 4, a source from “My Ear’s Candy” stated, “The production team found out about the truth of the couple’s relationship after seeing the reports.”

The source continued, saying, “Because there was a positive response from viewers, we were planning on airing a special video featuring Lee Joon Gi and Park Min Young. But we have made a final decision to not air the special video.”

After acknowledging his relationship with Jeon Hye Bin, Lee Joon Gi’s appearance on tvN’s “My Ear’s Candy” has become controversial. While he has been dating Jeon Hye Bin since 2016, many viewers recently interpreted Lee Joon Gi and Park Min Young’s interactions on the show as potential for a real relationship.

From allkpop :

Lee Jun Ki and Park Min Young's 'My Ear's Candy 2' special canceled

By elliefilet    5 minutes ago  

Lee Jun Ki and Park Min Young's special for tvN's 'My Ear's Candy 2' has been canceled.

In light of Lee Jun Ki and Jeon Hye Bin's official dating news, tvN has scrapped the actor and Park Min Young's behind-the-scenes special episode. On April 4, the network stated, "Viewers loved Lee Jun Ki and Park Min Young's story, so we prepared a behind-the-scenes special. However, the producers heard of Lee Jun Ki's dating news and decided it wasn't appropriate to air."

Lee Jun Ki and Park Min Young enraptured viewers with their sweet phone dates, and many fans wanted to see their beautiful friendship develop. However, it looks like they won't be able to get a peek behind the scenes.

In related news, Lee Jun Ki and Jeon Hye Bin were confirmed to have been dating since early 2016.

@coolbrattyro @viyra

Not cool Junki, not cool. I mean couldn't they have revealed the news after TVN showed the special clip LoL!??! 

Y'know after gettin' burned by WGM I finally thought it was safe again LoL. Boy was I wrong! I kind of knew at the back of my mind that this Ear In My Candy would be just as scripted, and I'm glad I kept that cynicism 'cause look at what happened! 

I think it's pretty obvious with Junki's appearance in this and the drama he did for Lotte were to show his romcom side to potential PDs. Plus his dating news is kind of old since they were rumored to be an item from Joseon Gunman so the timing is shady AF.

Oh well never trust anything you see on a K-Variety/Reality Show!

Just now, Latte_Anyday said:

@coolbrattyro @viyra

Not cool Junki, not cool. I mean couldn't they have revealed the news after TVN showed the special clip LoL!??! 

Y'know after gettin' burned by WGM I finally thought it was safe again LoL. Boy was I wrong! I kind of knew at the back of my mind that this Ear In My Candy would be just as scripted, and I'm glad I kept that cynicism 'cause look at what happened! 

I think it's pretty obvious with Junki's appearance in this and the drama he did for Lotte were to show his romcom side to potential PDs. Plus his dating news is kind of old since they were rumored to be an item from Joseon Gunman so the timing is shady AF.

Oh well never trust anything you see on a K-Variety/Reality Show!

It was doing good until JoonKi joined!!  I loved Choi JiWoo and Bae SungWoo - they were just so cute together.  What about Hwang ChiYeul and Jung SoMi? 

I don't think it is scripted - it is a reality show and every participant is being interviewed.  When LJK was interviewed, he said he is always lonely and don't have a girlfriend.  I was even happy and acting a bit excited while watching him and PMY talk.  He seemed so real getting sweet and romantic on her - telling her she misses her.  And - he really pursued her.  I think she was beginning to fall for his words - and I am glad it didn't go far for them.

Yes - not cool at all Lee JoonKi - I was never a fan of both but I think I will start being a silent supporter of PMY and put LJK in my X-files - for not  being honest.

Question:  How did the production team of Ear's Candy got  fooled by him so quick.  Just like WGM, the participants should be single and not in a relationship - too bad he lied.

Well you're @viyra entitled to your opinion, however I beg to differ:tongue: Also I think you forget that Junki is an A C T O R. Deceiving people is his job LoL. I'm not worried about Minyoung either 'cause she's an actress and who's to say she's not single & available as well huh!??!

Like I said, NEVER trust ANY K-variety/reality show because NOTHING is what it seems<_< I am guessing by your interest in the older Candy couples (Choi Jiwoo, Hwang Chiyeul), you must be around the same age range as well LoL?!:D I think I've watched enough interviews and behind the scenes of Junki to conclude that he's just playful by nature which of course can be misconstrued as somethin' more when really the  guy's just flirty LoL!:tongue:

The context of I Miss You in Junki's perspective seemed more like a missing friend kind of vibe y'know? 'Cause rewatching their segments, he seemed to regard Minyoung as a friend a platonic one at that. I guess sometimes us the viewers want it to be more, such was the case for me during Jang Keunsuk's segments. I really did wish he met up with Yoo Inna and who knows? Become reel to real but *sighs* it's not meant to be~

I think Yoon Park's partner is Kim Yoo Ri!! I'm so bad with names that I recignize her face but had to sift through drama titles to find her name. I thought I won't be able to sleep with that bugging my head and good thing it didnt take me more than 1 hr to find the drama that I saw her in.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:26 PM, stars4u said:

I think Yoon Park's partner is Kim Yoo Ri!! I'm so bad with names that I recignize her face but had to sift through drama titles to find her name. I thought I won't be able to sleep with that bugging my head and good thing it didnt take me more than 1 hr to find the drama that I saw her in.

Is there a new couple?  I hope this new couple won't lie about themselves again!!

The latest ep got actor Baek Sung-hyun. He was the child actor in Stairway to Heaven...also in a couple of other dramas...i remember in 2012 Big (Gong Yoo, Suzy).

Short clips from youtube. No sub. One thing about Candy in my ears...very hard to find eng sub. Only a few ep were subbed by fans of some idols/actors.

I can find chinese sub after waiting for a while. 

He is 28yo. Mmm....seems to age abit from the impression i had of him in 2012...or is it his hairstyle?

I think only those with big international fan clubs have the ability to sub their idols' segments.  That's too bad because this is a very entertaining program.  Hwang ChiYeul and Jung SoMin's episode was subbed (only the last 10 minutes) - that segment was a good one - both parties had an honest-to-goodness conversation.

The new ones, Park Yoon and Kim YuRi, Seo HyeRim and Tei and now Baek SungHyun and Park EunBi are also interesting to watch.  Hopefully a kind soul will hear our frustration and provide subs.

So sad the season is over. I hope they would make another season though. It's nice to watch the interactions of the stars. I just hope the production team isn't traumatized with the fiasco that happened this season and still go on for many more seasons and that artists would be more honest in the preinterview so as not to end up in unfortunate cicumstances. Too bad this show doesnt get subbed. If only this was in viki I would gladly help subbing it. There were a lot of interations that I would want to let my friends see...

On 15 April TVN aired BTS of Hwang Chi Yeul-Jung So Min combo. Thanks to Sumi Totorozang for subbing this:

Chi Yeul sang in full the song "Around My Thirties" (original song by Kang Seung Won) in 2015 and here

Spoiler

thanks again to Sumi Totorozang is a clip of his performance:

Ya...i like to watch the interactions btw the celebrities....esp just before and when they met up. Even the short youtube clips (even w/o sub) are interesting to watch. Well. even if as friends, also ok.

The final 2 meetups.

Yoon Park & Kim Yuri

Baek Seung Hyun & Park Eun Bi (right?)

Anyway....i will continue to keep a lookout for eng subs (for all episodes) and update here. 

This link contain some short clips, not the full episodes....which are subbed. 

http://www.kcon.tv/variety/my-ear's-candy-2?showtype=clips

Ya, hope got next season.

I wonder what happened to the Tei/Seo HyeRim episode?  Did they finally meet?  The last I saw was when they were eating  - Seo HyeRim eating that big lobster!!

Yoon Park was so cute after seeing Kim YuRi.  Didn't he know it was her?  He got so shy.  And Baek SungHyun didn't look amazed after meeting Park EunBi at all.

Archived