I'm always lurking around here @titania1000 :lol:. Because this is my much needed space here. That drama thread is getting boring for me. All the PSH talk and birth secrets speculation and Jisoo-hate is getting repetitive. Yawn. :lol:

Just saw a IG post from the PSH fans saying their otp in MGL is getting married soon. Gosh I hope the writer don't move that loveline that fast :huh:

Hope Feb comes soon. I hope to see our SHS in a saeguk!

• Like 4

오늘 황금빛내인생 촬영을 우리동네주변에서 햇어요!! 그래서 방금 보고오는길입니다 앞치마매시구잇구 남자배우분 앞에 계셧어요 키 엄청 크시구 완전 이쁘시구 얼굴 진짜 작아요!! 사진은...찍긴햇는데 스태프분들이 찍지말라고 올리지말라구 신신당부하셔서...원하시면 올릴께요 아 근데 진짜 이목구비뚜렷하구 이뻐용ㅇ 팬됫습니닿ㅎ

From her fan site.

Today they were shooting MGL near our neighborhood!! So I've just come back from watching. Wearing an apron, and she was next to the male actor. (She) was so tall and totally beautiful, her face is really tiny!! Photos...I did take them, but the staff begged and pleaded with me to not take any or upload, so.... If you want, I can upload. Ah but her ear-eye-mouth-nose features so well-defined and so pretty! I've become a fan. :)

Whether this is Ep 25 or 26, she's wearing an apron!! Cough, cough. Carpenter's shop, anyone? Sculpting, maybe?? :tounge_wink: I hope so. Can't see the replies there anymore without SK IDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im too still here always lurking around here and there:D@titania1000...

I agree with you@Ni Wen about the drama thread getting more boring..a lot of hardcore Psh in there...yes, i did read about the speculation jiAn will be getting married with DK..i hope not too soon because i still want to watch the good relationship between jian and hyuk...why i always fall for the secondlead? Sigh...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aries17 said:

why i always fall for the secondlead? Sigh...

Welcome back, @Aries17 I knew you were here from all your likes.  Stay and fight for our girl! Like this!

14 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

:cookie: A cookie for your positive healthy, harmonious and peace restoring thoughts.

:cookie: That's it, you get a cookie too @xiashenghan

Translated

• Ji ... JiAnna you want me to put it over there?? Ah... Put it back the way it was...? Understood... #MGL #NOTMETALLTHOULOWLY #FRONTALATTACKGIANT***

***진격 - means 'going forward to confront the opposition'. (I don't make this up, just translate.)

Maybe SW-H taking tips from someone.:phew: Fighting Hyuk!! :sweatingbullets: Remember, we don't like boring predictable predetermined outcomes. :wink: #ItAintOverTillTheTallSkinnyGirlSings

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2017 at 5:31 AM, titania1000 said:

It feels lonely here:where are my friends?

Annyeong chingu :wink:

Finally, I'm back! Done with all the corporate events at work, submitted my proposals for next year and caught up with ALL the dramas that I am watching...

E07-04.gif

Terribly sorry for the long absence 미안해.

Anyway, I am glad that finally Jianny will get more screen time now that she is "back".  And thank God that it was Hyuk who found her and stood by her side. Spoke sense to her and convinced her to head back. Think he is putting her up at his noona's place.

DK is a complete mess considering he comes from a chaebol family.

JS is a... whatchamacallit... pain in the patootie.

The maknaes in the drama are a hoot to watch for comedic relief.

The parents are disastrous; no trust whatsoever between each married couple.

JT and SA are unfortunately forgettable, really.

18 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I hope to see our SHS in a saeguk!

I agree with you on this... I wonder how she would be portrayed in such a genre.

It would be interesting to see her morph into someone in that era.

She is quite a chameleon, uri baby :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

Finally, I'm back! Done with all the corporate events at work, submitted my proposals for next year and caught up with ALL the dramas that I am watching...

E07-04.gif

Terribly sorry for the long absence 미안해.

I was mad at you, until you show up with this most gorgeous bouquet of flower again at our safehouse doorstep. Wherever did you get this GIF, Cady? :w00t: You gotta tell me! I really need to gather all 50GB of better quality vids and do some editing instead of what I've been doing, but ...

Psssh, corporate events at work? I quit my day job for this, nah just kidding, I wish.:rolleyes:

@titania1000 thanks for trying hard to keep this room cheery and having my back always, Chingu, so sweet. :kiss_wink: I didn't realize how draining it can be in the other room, making supporting arguments based on articles I read, and non-stop every day of the week. So it's really nice to have all you guys' support here. If anyone has energy for the next 30 days thing, surprise me. Can be anything for the 'ex'.

4 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

Her makeup for the MAMA Awards 2016 was on point here (not the dress though).

tumblr_ohk3gyWu481qa1lx3o1_400.gif

Hope to see her in upcoming award shows since year end is coming.

We need better stylists in SK, please!

This brings back some memories, when I was almost all alone here a year ago making the same (but crappier quality) gifs watching the MAMA stream live. Then she did this little tvN plug at the end, and it made me anticipate what she'll do next, and lo and behold we had the Secret Forest announcement, and that's how some of us are here today, isn't it? :expressionless: <- this doesn't mean I'm not thrilled. It's my favorite go-to emoticon for all things SF! HSM, ya know?

As for the year-end awards, MBC will not have one they say due to workers strike.

KBS might not have it either if there's no settlement by Dec 1st either, they say, or if they do, maybe just the drama DaeSang one (according to her fan club post). But apparently she's not a shoe-in at all even for KBS they say, because of JNR, but that one just ended I think (only 12eps), so I think Uri Baby will still be the favorite come Dec 31. And I hope she does get one at least one best supporting actress for SF of course. :dizzy::love:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And CONGRATS to REPLY #1000 on this happy thread! :love::dizzy::kiss_wink::glasses::innocent::tounge_xd::smiley::heart::scream::thumbsup:

tumblr_ozlbvg6CVq1valxs7o4_r1_500.gif From a no name in 2014.

ba da da! what wrong meechuttso smile for pic good morning Hyuk
wheeee eat much car disrepair you crushin? tastes terrible
soup slurp memory sandwich rice wine best dimples well fermented indeed
yeontae-sangmin thank you young eunsoo

tumblr_ozn8c1XiEP1valxs7o10_r1_500.gif To 2018 Let's Go!

These 2 are my book-end images for our incomparably lovable and superb Actress Shin Hye-Sun.

From 2014 humble early work without her own voice (dubbed) in Vietnamese production of 'Forever Young' (where her name in the credits is spelled Shin Hae Sun, like how she signs her autographs even now).

To the End of Episode 24 in the starring role as Seo Ji-An of 'My Golden Life', 2017 South Korea's highest rated drama, on the top of the combined actor+actress rankings.

And everything in between.... Click and Enjoy!  :love:

• Like 2

He comes back, hangs around, then when she's ready to talk, reminds her why she's alive.

I love the exchange here where Hyuk gently, quite tenderly confronts her and tells her what she needs to hear. A true NamSahChin (Male-Person-Friend) at his best here. Convinces JiAnny to take a chance on life once more. So heart-warming. :innocent::kiss_wink: Go Hyuk!

BE SURE TO REFRESH THIS PAGE FOR 18 more IMAGES on Post #1000 on TOP!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Rewatching ep 24 again: the shippers version! ^_^

The woman who said to Hyuk that Ji An wasn't living anymore in the house was her mother, isn't she? I can't check because i can't remember the episode but it seems to me that it was her: she didn't want him to find Ji An because she already left for the Choi House. 

Hyuk is always taking care of Ji An. He offered a very soft and comfortable blanket to sit during their talk near the sea. 

A very cute detail: he also slept all night in his uncomfortable trunk to not leave her. ...

How does LTH manage to still be the hottest man in this ajhumma outfit? I hope however he will soon come back to his jogger style: it's way more effective to impress Ji An (and me too).:wub:

"I will stay here until you decide to go" I love calm, patient, and protective Hyuk. That was a very nice gesture to ask his sister and his friend/ associate to make arrangements in order to free a room for her to stay.

Do Kyung's jealousy rose to a new level and  became ugly after he learnt that Hyuk didn't bring  back Ji An and went on a business trip: he can't imagine a friendship between a woman and a man so for him, Ji An and Hyuk were just having fun behind his back while he was worried about her (as if he was the only one). He was clearly in rage mode during his training scene. He  once already had a hard time to not hit Hyuk when he refused to give him what he wanted. I don't see Hyuk starting a fight it but even so i fear he won't able to avoid one : Do Kyung won't contain for long more his violence. That's the consequence for repressing himself all his life: he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings. 

"I don't care about anyone" said Ji An the liar: so why is she so concerned by Hyuk's presence if she's not afraid that he could change her mind?

The ajhummas love for Hyuk is so but really so precious!!! I want to join their fan club! Look at his smile when he's around them: he's natural and enjoying the simplicity of those interactions with his full heart!

I can't believe he proposed to go drink after work with them! What to not love about this boy?         

Ji An's priceless annoyed face when  she realized how much popular he became in few hours: it deserves to be framed for their futur grandchildren.

Ji An's worried face whe he almost failed and hurt his back : sure girl, you care about nobody.....

Ji An's fed up and unhappy face, that said that's enough, and that made all the ajhummas ran away from him: not a good thing to try to have fun  with her man when she's around... After all, he's only here for her and nothing should distract him from this very serious business.

The conversation at the port was all about Jian woking up to reality through the most soft punches that Hyuk's gentleness could give. So perfectly balanced in strength and carefully directed. Love that Ji An can't lie to him : he knows her so well and see through her like nobody does. 

"When carpentry became fun":  wow she's the one who inspired his career's choice!!!  I love when he uses words like dream: it reflects the purity of his intentions and heart. He hasn't been changed or corrupted by life, no matter his financial status.  

I loved that he confided to her all the most difficult parts of his life: it wasn't the point but it made them equal.

Nothing noble in his family history : a sick mother who died suffering, children left to themselves  with an alcoholic father, the loneliness etc.. He also admitted his worst parts: being a bully and a huge troublemaker. 

"I don't care about your past" It's your past too!!" Poor babies! Stop talking about the past. Start to make plans about your futur together! 

"I don't need a guardian". Then live like your don't need one" This one for all the people who think that she doesn't need a man in her life right now but to rebuild herself and become independent again before getting involved with anyone. That's exactly what he's telling her. And he has no problem to see her take her time. 

"Someone pretending to be dead to survive" 'You want to live" What those words did to Ji An in this precise moment: i'm not sure if Hyuk realized or will ever understand it. Probably the most meaningful for her since she tried to die:  to hear someone said exactly what she was feeling but refused to allow herself to admit because of guilt and fear for the future. He literally freed her here.

"Call your parents and come with me or let me stay with you. Choose one."It was very intense when he cleared the path for her and offered a choice that she couldn't dare to think but needed.   

Oh God her look when finished his speech! It was a mix of sincere gratefulness and real love (platonic love). Thanks for being my friend was what she wanted to say. 

The Ajhummas urging him to go after her: "she was brighter" and finally Ji An admitting: "let's go together!" 

So it wasn't a coincidence that Ji Soo couldn't recognize Ji An despite living with her for 25 years, her brother did the same mistake. I can't help but give a symbolic meaning to this blindness to what was in front of them: Hyuk has really a very special connection to the real Ji An and can see her through any clothes. His heart will always lead him to her. Ji Soo and Do Kyung are attracted and fascinated for different reasons by her but it stays on a superficial level.

My favourite scene: the meeting between the two couples, the old seaweed couple and Hyuk and Ji An. A rare moment to realize  that her connection to the old men was, despite the appareances,  strong, honest and profound. Suddenly things that she used to get in abundance when she was Eun Seok like clothes, got a real value independent of their real prices because of the intentions  that the old couple put in their gifts. 

I cried (again)when the old lady offered her coat and Hyuk put it on Ji An (that's the second time: he put his own coat on her when he rescued her under the rain).

But the confession about the old man previous suicide attempts was the most powerful moment: obviously it was admitted for the first time by the old couple, which says a lot about the trust created with Ji An and Hyuk in such limited time. 

Do Kyung in full jealousy mode: he could have beep Hyuk and he would have stopped but he wouldn't have been enough. He needed more than to find her: he was lead by his instinct of possession and prepared to take things by force without thinking much further about the consequences for himself and Ji An.               

But it's too late for him: he can catch up on the "road" made by Hyuk And Jian during their time alone: 

1. they shared the  most honest, intimate and personal conversations that Ji An had with anybody  in this drama since the start 
  2. Hyuk was the only one capable to fit in Ji An's new world so quickly and naturally : to connect to the Ajhummas and the old seaweed couple. He was at his place in this environment without knowing much about fishing and just after watching one day.   

I hope the writer won't cheapen those precious moments to offer a predictable end.     

@titania1000 Titania, TITANia!! You've written many long things here and in SF posts that I've read through, but never have you been this articulate, this spot on, this poetic. I love, LOVE, your writing here. It's your best EVER! Funny how that is when you can just be honest with your inner feelings and let it go, isn't it?? I think that's what you were doing.

Emoticons speechless... :expressionless: HSM will have to do. Thank you so much, @titania1000   I should print this and post it on a wall somewhere....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 Days Challenge

1) In sunglasses 2) In red 3) Laughing 4) Drinking coffee 5) In black 6) Young  7) Favorite scene 8) Dancing 9) Waving 10) Favorite Photoshoot 11) Selfie 12) Cute face 13) Sexy 14) Favorite drama/series 15) Favorite quote 16) Favorite poster 17) Favorite movie 18) With lover 19) Favorite interview 20) Favorite hairstyle 21) In blue  22) With (ex) lover    23) With other celebs 24) Favorite gif (LoL!) 25) Favorite magazine cover 26) With a hat 27) Favorite character 28) In a car 29) Best event look 30) In purple

There, given our girl's modest 'achievements' in this area of her life, I don't think I can do a whole lot better than this one. You all know the story of Won Bin, I hope. She became an actress to meet him, but in Feb 2016 HT3 episode she finally 'let him go' from her heart (only because he's married, she made it seem like). :wub: That's why they used that pic of him in the later episode of HT3 to tease her some more.

18 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

미안... 미안... a thousand apologies for making you mad. My bad!

We're all good now? :heart:

No, I'm not good, yet. I'm going to milk this (your guilt) some more. :tongue: Somebody else do Day 23 - do I have to do everything around here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2017 at 4:37 AM, meechuttso said:

Shin HyeSun, Takes on 'My Golden Life' as a 'New Woman' Character

2017082501793_12.jpg

From http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20171121141022409?f=m

Shin HyeSun, Takes on 'My Golden Life' as a 'New Woman' Character

Han Hae-Sun reporting - 2017.11.21.14:10

Shin HyeSun through 'My Golden Life' has been struck by the 'Golden Light' of her acting life.

KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My Golden Life'(MGL) on the 22nd episode recorded its highest rating 37.9%, and on the 19th in Ep 24 recorded 37.7%, its viewership rising at a rapid pace. Following such popularity of the drama, much interest is also spilling over to its starring actress Shin HyeSun's performance.

For 'MGL' to be on the threshold of 40% viewership ratings and receiving fervent love from its viewers, there had to have been at base a story with a strong pull and a production team together with whom the actors can add their hard work. In the midst of it all, there is the central leading character whom Shin HyeSun is acting out in such an attractive fashion.

The Seo JiAn character that Shin HyeSun has taken on is an exceedingly 'reality based' one ('sympathetic to reality'). This dirt-spoon had dreamed of HaeSung group's full time employee and had lived a tough life each day as a contractor. Then even as she found out that she is HaeSung group's missing (hidden) daughter, she did not try to insist on high-class privileges nor become lazy. Although her situation had changed, her self-reliance was unchanging.

Seo JiAn is a 'capable, do the right thing girl'*** character who does her work well always and in all situations. At the same time with respect to the 'not right' things ('injustices') of this world she is also a 'girl crush' who would speak her mind.
***  똑순이 , 순이 ('Sooni') is a catch-all generic girl name like 'plain Jane' that allows multiple prefix adjectives with it to give a catch sounding name. 똑, 'snappy', sound here implies that she's is one who'll always snap to it, whatever you ask of her.

Even when it was revealed that she is not the HaeSung group's real daughter, Seo JiAn did not lament her fate. Rather, she was slapped in the face by her little sister Seo JiSoo (by Seo EunSoo) and as the family fell into crisis, she received trauma to her psyche and even attempted suicide. That tough Seo JiAn had, for the first time, crumbled under a crisis, and this is the current situation.

Viewers do not want any longer a woman modeled after the Cinderella character who is clutching onto her golden lifeline trying to easily upgrade her station in life. In this challenging modern world of 'N-fold-given-up' generation (people) who have given up on (dreams of) employment and marriage, such a character would instead be considered an existence to be looked down upon and criticized as a 'villainess', even.

Shin HyeSun is doing well in channeling Seo JiAn's struggles through her acting. From her 2013 KBS drama 'School 2013'deubt, Shin HyeSun, through 'High School King of Savvy', 'O My Ghostess', 'She was Pretty', 'Five Children', 'Legend of the Blue Seas', 'Secret Forest', movies 'Violent Prosecutor', 'Haru', etc., has compiled a solid filmography. With such carefully built-up acting skills, she is able to fully express diversely Seo JiAn's will and even her pains, drawing out sympathy from the viewers.

What will be the changes in Seo JiAn that Shin HyeSun will show us now? As much as the overflowing cheering for "My Golden Life"'s Seo JiAn, the viewers' interest towards the drama itself and Shin HyeSun will only increase all the more from here on forward.

/Seo-Kyeong Star - Han Hye-Jin reporting sestar@sedaily.com

@meechuttso's comment: Gold color highlights added by me.

It's great to have @baduy and others' deep language nuances and insights about Korean culture here in this forum. I tend to focus on the zeitgeist and the mood of the SK audience, the backdrop against which this and many other recent dramas touching on class struggles can be viewed.B) I think this being a weekend drama, there are so many needles the writer has to thread all at the same time, and I don't know how she'll do all that and satisfy everyone. My primary concern and my suspicions or doubts regarding how CDK will make his way back to SJA's heart lies in couple of points in this article. One, that she is a 'new woman' - the odds of Jianny not following the traditional expectations of a k-drama 'femme fatale' is quite high I think, as high as anything that's been put out there so far. Two, there is this negative mood against ChaeBol by the general public, about the seeming double standards and uneven playing fields, many of which are brought up in this drama. So how will the writer make a realistic and justifiable way back to CDK, and how will he woo her heart, when so far, the writer is stacking the deck against him so badly, especially with the last few episodes when Hyuk is given all the best chances to do the right thing and excelling at them? This is the part that makes me really curious. The beginning of Ep 25, indeed, the central Episodes 25 and 26, right smack in the middle of this 50-part epic, will be so key. The outrageous thing that the writer made DoKyung do at the end of Ep 24 will surely start off the beginning scene of Ep 25 with the highest instantaneous real time ratings - but how will she pay for that if DoKyung missteps again, pushing him back farther in Jianny's heart, if not also in the audience's sense of justice? Will the writer be able to find a way to allow Jianny to go back to the Choi familiy without the negative label that the viewing audience might feel towards such a move as mentioned in the article? Will she go back to CDK and think that she won't deal with the Choi's? How this writer can make it all happen to the satisfaction of critics like me is what I'm most anticipating. :phew:

Easy quote of my hard work from the other room. Any article about Uri Baby belongs here.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/403254-current-drama-2017-my-golden-life-황금빛-내인생-shin-hyesun-park-sihoo-lee-taehwan-seo-eunsoo-신혜선·박시후·이태환·서은수/?do=findComment&comment=20888031

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1