YeonSang Couple (Shin Hye Sun 신혜선 ❤️ Sung Hoon 성훈)

kdramamich

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fefan30 said:

Yeon do yaa..uljimayo:bawling:..pls dont cry..

The rest of the short selfie interview's not worth translating, but when asked what type of variety program she would like to appear in, SHS said she is good at eating and feels confident about going on a program that has eating involved. ;) I heartily agree. Exhibit A: 

tumblr_oc6kx7rBM51valxs7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc6kx7rBM51valxs7o2_1280.jpg

Credit @cute_Cher in 5K thread for the links to the awards ceremony and these pics at DCinside site. http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=fivechildren&no=11716&page=1

The verbiage on these award certificates are quite clever and funny - pithy summaries of each role/actor and rightful affirmations due them for their great achievements through "Five Children". Can't share them all, but the 2 most important ones are put here so we can all give our standing ovations.

===============================================================

Award Certificate

YeonDoo is my A-World                 Kim SangMin / SungHoon

The aforementioned individual has, in the KBS Weekend Drama "Five Children",
taken on the role of Kim SangMin, "crazy-like but with style",
succeeded in an heretofore unprecendented character portrayal and,
in a manner worthy of an athlete, impenetrable iron-wall-like
Sweet Pumpkin Lee YeonTae's heart disarmed, for this (achievement)
is awarded this certificate.

2016y 08m 21d

Award Certificate

Yeon(love)Do(uble)Award **              Lee YeonTae / Shin HyeSun

The aforementioned individual has, in the KBS Weekend Drama "Five Children",
taken on the role of Lee YeonTae, "Sweet Pumpkin-like" emphatic*** charm and
7-year one-sided crush struggles and ever-solo-status notwithstanding,
with her unwittingly high-level skill at romantic dating, her lovable
charms on display, with light-green(yeondoo) rays family room theaters
for coloring thusly, is awarded this certificate.

2016y 08m 21d

The translations are per line (translated thoughts don't go beyond end of each line) and so ends up sounding curious (or poetic if you want to be generous).

NOTES:

*. 상 ('Sang' sound as in SangMin) means award. Everyone got a special <Title>Sang. In SungHoon's case, he gets the prize of Yeondoo as 세상, 'Seh-Sang', meaning 'the world' - the only Sang he would want. So the the pun 'A-World' for 'AWard' translates quite successfully here fortuitously.

**. Shin HyeSun's award title is called Yeon(Ae)Doo(Double Portion)Sang, YeonAe being 'dating' or 'romanctic love', so if the syllable spelled 'Do', meaning 2, but is read like 'doh' as in do-uble, the pun on her title is also quite nicely translated.

***. Sweet-Pumpkin sounds like Dan-Ho-Bak, but the adj. Dan-Ho carries a meaning 'resolute' (so when SangMin called her that name from early on, it carried a double meaning of her inadvertent cruelty in firmly rejecting his feelings, not just that she's sweet or adorable like a pumpkin). This play on words was probably missed by many unless explained.:rolleyes:B)

On July 15, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Daisy Str said:

Btw, as I watched HT3, I noticed that SH has a different personality from his role SM. For one, he's more shy & reserved than SM. But on HT3, the parts where SH most resembled the personality & the way of speaking of his role SM is on at least two instances:

• It's their talk where he told SHS that the reason why it seems like he was talking to himself (when he was actually talking with SHS) was because she doesn't respond to him. (left-side of collage)
  • Another was their talk that he did call her on the phone but that she never picks up. (right-side of collage)

Their exchanges then were too funny & familiar, it seemed as if it was actually YT & SM talking to each other then. And that was when the hosts said that they seemed like an old married couple. And I agree, sooo cute! :D

That's part of what I wrote on this thread before. And here's a photo collage of two YT-SM scenes (Ep.13 left-side; Ep.44 right-side) from "Five Children" that are parallel to those SHS-SH talks on HT3 (with SH's familiar shoulder massage when nervous?) that I wrote about. Amusing, right?! I wonder, is their case "art imitating life" or "life imitating art?!" ;) :D

image.jpg

I'm satisfied with tonight's episode. But I think SHS is using a trick from YeonDoo's playbook for making her fans and lovers want her more - by making herself very sparse on the web. Finally another instagram post :w00t:

IG caption says, "Plenty of leisure time, but the day feels empty for some reason, haha Miss you, YeonTae, smirksmirk."

So do we all, already, YeonDoo-yah. :heart:

oh no! why won't the second older brother let them be great??? :(

lol, Sangmin will have to part with his cardboard cutouts

thanks to the sangminyeontae IG for the early subs :)

no preview for Sunday's episode but we might expect a time jump and or plus a wedding for our YeonSang couple

the main forum is unexpectedly quiet today... hmm everyone suffering from post FE blues already or...?

anyway, absolutely love today's episode! sangmin and yeontae are so cute yet again!!! love the beach scene though that is obviously a product placement scene (just like the buying golf clothes scene). i thought i saw glimpses of SHS and SH there when they were giggling and laughing at the beach scene. and im starting to "hate" HT for getting in their way again and again hahahaha, cant imagine it's the last we can see of them tomorow, im super sad already.

thanks so much @alleram95 for the translations as always, i greatly appreciate that!!!!

Guest airgelaal

I like today's episode. I like so much, that YT and SM changed so much, but still they are the same people. When SM showed his replica I recognized our old SM, who was full of himself :D

That is why I think, that their changes in drama most believable. And they really perfect match. So sad, that we had to say goodbye.

31 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I like today's episode. I like so much, that YT and SM changed so much, but still they are the same people. When SM showed his replica I recognized our old SM, who was full of himself :D

That is why I think, that their changes in drama most believable. And they really perfect match. So sad, that we had to say goodbye.

exactly!! same sentiments here!

and really, it is so hard to say goodbye, especially after so many months of them every weekend. 

4 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

i know its good that sung hoon gets to appear on more variety shows, BUT why do i feel soooo sad seeing someone else and not SHS standing beside him... its starting already :tears:

This is SHS's reaction to his irresponsible and reprehensible behavior

tumblr_oc8h3a1Eod1valxs7o1_400.gif

This is just too painful looking but refreshing nevertheless :crazy::wub: I hope SH remembers it always :phew:

31 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

This is just too painful looking but refreshing nevertheless :crazy::wub: I hope SH remembers it always :phew:

ahhh, i love this scene! and it's also intimate, no? i keep remembering the ice cream scene before their first kiss, when SM ate the ice cream that was halfway inside YT's mouth already. :wub: (oh gosh, pervy thoughts, go away!!!)

aww, our HyeSun just posted another photo on IG of her scripts for ep 53-54. it was quite a long post, mostly about her sadness to say goodbye to the drama and YT  for almost 7 months, and the love that she received. she also talked about her upcoming projects. aww, now i feel really sad. :tears:

Archived