[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

I just loved this episode, there were many scenes we saw in the trailer but they were still funny. I'm in love w/our otp..Bong Soon is so beautiful

DoE8Hwe.png?2

You can tell Min Hyuk has already fallen for her. I love that we get to see her through Min Hyuk's eyeslove.png

E3emtgr.png?2

11 hours ago, Kasmic said:

And of course I do believe the killer is after both DBS and MH and somehow its all related to the person whom MH was going to visit in the beginning of this ep as well as DBS and her brother's childhood attempt of kidnapping incident. I dont think that whatever happened to MH on that bus was an accident. Even the brakes didnt work so it possibly was tampered. Perhaps MH life was already endangered ever since his schooling period and this explains why he needs a bodyguard

That's very perceptive of you chingu. It does make a lot of sense that all of these things are related. The breaks on that bus had to be tampered with. That had to be an attempt on his life, that kidnapping of Bong Soon and Bong Ki has to be related to all of this bad stuff that seems to happen in that neighborhood.

@briseis Thanks for the gifs from the ost. I wasn't going to watch it because of the spoilers but after seeing them I couldn't resist. I love EunJi's voice it's perfect for our otp. I can't wait for the romance to start 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just finish episode 1 with sub. this drama is even better then. i was hoping for.

the two lead/second lead male really good in their role.

their lot of scene that i like. from the first episode

that secne of MH calling the cop . only to see BS kick those gangter butt was funny.

that scene at the station were BS face showing lot of heart for GD was cute.

that scene at the office were BS/MH have a arm wrestle. were BS tell MH to use 2 arm was funny. even with 2 arm he still lose.

also that scene were the secretary think. he going to get a easy car. by beating BS in chicken leg fight was good to.

good to see the rating for first episode is good.

6 hours ago, xyr enc said:

Episode 1 Ratings:

3.829 Nationwide (No. 2 on timeslot)

4.044 Seoul Metro Area (No. 1 on timeslot)

Quite Unexpected for an 11 PM Drama!

Also, Strong Woman, Do Bong Soon has the highest rating pilot among all JTBC dramas

WOW! That is great ratings for episode 1! :thumbsup:

I just finished watching it with english subtitles. I laughed even harder with the subs. It's a great drama with the start. I am really looking forward to more episodes and YES! they are moving in together already!! :love:

Park Hyung Sik looks gooooddd in this drama! Love him being the CEO/President. :blush: :love:

“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” Starts Off With High Ratings

JTBC’s newest drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” is receiving lots of love!

The first episode which aired on February 24 recorded 4.04 percent ratings according to ratings research company Nielsen Korea. Such ratings are quite high considering the drama airs on a cable channel. Furthermore, this means they have already achieved their goal for their first episode ratings!

Viewers are especially smitten with Park Bo Young‘s acting and her character Do Bong Soon. Meanwhile, the first episode showed the first meeting between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik. Furthermore, it explained how Park Bo Young’s character came to have such immense physical strength. We also see Ji Soo as Park Bo Young’s classmate and crush.

Watch the first episode of “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” below!

@briseis  what  painting in closet? is there such a scene in ep1

Could serial killer be a job by real estate folks who  want redevlopment contract and get residents to move out

Can there be  a larger mystery in BS kidnapping

Could dad be interfering with PHS's company because he wants him to eventually join his company

Can jisoo be the serial iller? They showed SK to be tall and fit body type

Does jisoo also have feelings for BS?

Park Bo Young is mine !!!!!!

I hope we wont get many spoiler from now on. It was kinda spoil the fun

# Drama Channel Highest Nationwide
AGB Nielsen Rating[125]
Final
Episode Date
Ref
1. Reply 1988 tvN 18.803% January 16, 2016 [126][127]
2. Guardian: The Lonely and Great God 18.680% January 21, 2017 [128]
3. Signal 12.544% March 12, 2016  
4. Reply 1994 11.90% December 28, 2013  
5. Childless Comfort jTBC 10.715% March 17, 2013 [129]
6. Another Oh Hae-young tvN 9.991% June 28, 2016  
7. Misaeng 8.240% December 20, 2014 [130]
8. Dear My Friends 8.087% July 2, 2016  
9. Reply 1997 7.55% September 18, 2012  
10. Oh My Ghostess 7.337% August 22, 2015  
11. Twenty Again 7.233% October 17, 2015  
12. Cheese in the Trap 7.102% March 1, 2016  
13. The K2 6.636% November 12, 2016  
14. The Good Wife 6.232% August 27, 2016  
15. Voice OCN 5.406% (still airing)  
16. Secret Love Affair jTBC 5.372% May 13, 2014  
17. Drinking Solo tvN 5.020% October 25, 2016  
18. Emergency Couple 5.00% April 5, 2014  
19. Maids jTBC 4.73% March 28, 2015  
20. The Firstborn 4.641% March 16, 2014  

Just start watching with sub in the first few minutes and I can't help falling love with An Min Hyuk character hahaa :D Look at how sassy he talk with the blackmailer B) This is unique male lead in Kdrama who i want to see :tongue:

Now I will continue to watch lol :wub:

17 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@briseis  what  painting in closet? is there such a scene in ep1

Can jisoo be the serial iller? They showed SK to be tall and fit body type

Does jisoo also have feelings for BS?

I don't think so...I'm not saying this because he's my bias but the one who followed Hyun Sik is a different person... I just don't know why the killer is after Bong Soon too  ... or if the one who's after BS & MH are the same person?

and for the second question... I do think so... that he have feelings but not open about it / maybe in denial 'cause he have girlfriend ...as for now he thinks that he just care about her...and there's no romantic meaning in it... but of course insert * drama cliche * as the episode goes by he will realize that he likes her when it's already too late and she already fallen for the other guy...

17 hours ago, Chi Le said:

sharing is a blessing chingu.... 05 6 15 Lovely Capricorn emoji gifs to downloador else there will be a riot ...hahaha...can't resist PBY... she's pretty cute even when I first saw her with Song Joong Ki... 

finally finished watching subbed but in the process of downloading the raw ... Congrats! SWDBS team for reaching 3% in ratings... I just pray that it will continue to increase... and continue to have a good story plot... I'm excited for the ep. 2 ...

Bong Soon ah ...saranghae!!  13 5 15 Lovely Capricorn emoji gifs to download

@Kasmic @alekaonu smileysI am glad that we are watching a drama together again... cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 I was looking forward for the first episode and it didn't disappoint me at all. I loved it. AMH is definitely an interesting main lead. He is quite sassy, when the killer threatens him over the phone. He might appear as weak, since he is not strong physically, but on the other hand, he doesn't lack self-confidence and doesn't get scared so easily with these calls. 

Now about the mystery:

- the kidnapping in 1997: Why would this man abduct the twins? In my opinion, the kidnapper had no idea about the existence of the superpowers. Hence I have the impression that the kidnapper was just a hitman. So the person who hired him had no idea who among the siblings might have had the super powers or if both had it. Therefore he gave the order to kidnap both kids. 

- we have the bus accident (tire and brake were tampered which proves that it was a murder attempt), where DBS intervened. Back then, DBS was a student. So it happened after 1997. And this is important.

- the multiple threads (calls and computer hacking). The anonymous caller asked AMH to take away his computer game from the market. This game is inspired by DBS's rescue (bus accident). So the threads are related to DBS in my opinion.

- the murder in the district: we viewers could see that DBS was being followed the night before and the woman was using the same path than DBS. Moreover, she was killed in the district where DBS lives.

With all these observations, I came to the conclusion that this is related to DBS. The person might know about DBS' superpowers and especially about the legacy coming from her mother's family. However, this person had no idea that only women would get this ability and that the kid would have these powers since her birth. That's why both kids had been kidnapped and the man didn't take any precaution. From my point of view, the person (who ordered the kidnapping) doesn't know very well the conditions bound to these superpowers.  Using powers for her advantage is forbidden. The caller doesn't want people to know about DBS' superpowers. He wants her to remain anonymous. But AMH's game, inspired by her powers, is actually making her famous because at some point, AMH might reveal how he got inspired.

But then, you will ask about the bus accident. The killer/caller had no idea that DBS would intervene. My theory is that AMH has got himself an enemy. First, he is the son of a chaebol. Then it is clear that AMH has not a good relationship with his father. Since he was taking the bus to go to a funeral house or cemetery (based on the flowers and the black/white ribbon), we can assume that he lost his mother at a very young age. So in my opinion, the person targeting AMH wanted to get rid of him because at some point, he would become the heir of his father's company. But since AMH created his own company with his games, he doesn't represent a thread any longer. 

As conclusion, we might have two different persons involved in this. Okay, there is no garantee about my assumptions... 

I've just finished the first episode and... it was much better than i've expected! Park Bo Young is such a cutie and Bong Soon is a really interesting girl, not stupid and bored lead :D Hyung Sik as always is nice and i had to repeat the scene outside police station when he said "so damn sexy" about Bong Soon 'cause it was so freaking adorable XDD Jisoo dressed as a girl killed me XD i feel some darkness from Gook Doo in that first episode and I'm quiet curious about him.

But i have to say this drama is really really really funny and chemistry between leads is great! I'm waiting for more and today's episode i'm gonna watch without subs 'cause I'm starting to be impatient. :D 

Archived