[Drama 2016-2017] Blow Breeze 불어라 미풍아

Go Seung Ji

It was appropriate that MP's evil stepmother voted herself off the island into oblivion, but I felt bad for the little girl that was dumped back at the orphanage.  Evidently none of the adults she met felt any need to take her in.  I didn't invest a lot of time into this drama, mostly beginning and end, but thanks for the comments and videos from so many loyal watchers.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the end is here and the final curtain has descended upon "Blow Breeze."  I agree with much of what has been said about it.  It was a better-than-expected wrap up, for which I was glad, though it's true the drama was long-winded in the evil-witches-and-their-shenanigans department and a finale several episodes ago would have served it better if the OTP and their story were handled better.  When I watch something that calls itself - for one thing - a romance, I expect it to be romantic. To the bitter end.  I don't necessarily mean all lovey dovey all of the time.  I mean real connection, looking into each other's eyes, yearning, words and thoughts of yearning, misery apart, (did I say yearning?), elation together, and skinship.  Was it too much to ask for another kiss?  A well-done one.  Again, not necessarily mushy mushy but with passion that says "You are my everything" :"I'm miserable without you in my life" and "Words cannot express the joy I feel now that we're together."  I guess we have to survive on that wonderful elevator kiss.  Glad we had it.

More later...

6 hours ago, msmy said:

It was appropriate that MP's evil stepmother voted herself off the island into oblivion, but I felt bad for the little girl that was dumped back at the orphanage.  Evidently none of the adults she met felt any need to take her in.  I didn't invest a lot of time into this drama, mostly beginning and end, but thanks for the comments and videos from so many loyal watchers.

Hi @msmy, if by little girl dumped back at the orphanage, you mean Shin Ae's daughter, Yoo Jin, she did not stay at the orphanage. Hee Dong takes Yoo Jin with him to go on his travels around the world as he's sorting himself out, raising YJ as if she were his child. She trades text messages with Dae Hoon still, sending updates and photos of herself and HD in their travels - Cuba and Cambodia were mentioned as places they had been to. Dae Hoon makes copies of YJ's photos and has them given to SA when he goes to visit her in prison so SA and her mother-in-law CJ see the photos of YJ and HD as well. If you didn't mean Yoo Jin, then I'm not sure of which little girl you were speaking of. 

Also, by MP's evil stepmother, I assume you meant Geum Shil, JG's mother and MP's mother-in-law.

4 hours ago, kappy said:

Well, the end is here and the final curtain has descended upon "Blow Breeze."  I agree with much of what has been said about it.  It was a better-than-expected wrap up, for which I was glad, though it's true the drama was long-winded in the evil-witches-and-their-shenanigans department and a finale several episodes ago would have served it better if the OTP and their story were handled better.  When I watch something that calls itself - for one thing - a romance, I expect it to be romantic. To the bitter end.  I don't necessarily mean all lovey dovey all of the time.  I mean real connection, looking into each other's eyes, yearning, words and thoughts of yearning, misery apart, (did I say yearning?), elation together, and skinship.  Was it too much to ask for another kiss?  A well-done one.  Again, not necessarily mushy mushy but with passion that says "You are my everything" :"I'm miserable without you in my life" and "Words cannot express the joy I feel now that we're together."  I guess we have to survive on that wonderful elevator kiss.  Glad we had it.

More later...

Well said. The elevator kiss is the only real indication of any passion and romantic connection between the OTP.  The hug at the end is nice, but would it have been too much to at least give us another kiss at the end to show that they are a normal couple madly in love with each other? 

@stroppyse... Ohhh... thank you so much.  That is a relief that YJ was taken care of and Hee Dong showed some real compassion for a little one that was caught up in such a mess.  HD was such a cutie and had a great heart;  that is a good conclusion to a sad part of the drama.

11 hours ago, msmy said:

@stroppyse... Ohhh... thank you so much.  That is a relief that YJ was taken care of and Hee Dong showed some real compassion for a little one that was caught up in such a mess.  HD was such a cutie and had a great heart;  that is a good conclusion to a sad part of the drama.

Yes, I was happy that Hee Dong took care of Yoo Jin.  They had SA in common, and both were messed up somewhat thanks to her, but because of her and that whole mess, they bonded even more. Speaking of those two, I thought each of those actors did so well.  I really felt for Hee Dong, and I attribute much of that to the actor.  As for Yoo Jin, my goodness, rip my heart out, why don't you, little one.  

So two of the wicked witches end up in the same cell.  But alas, oh dear!  They bonded?  Hmmm.  Not until after an all out brawl, though.  They deserve each other.

And as for wicked witch #3, I hadn't thought of going off to live a humble life of penitence at the temple, but since jail really wasn't the place for her, I guess that is the next best thing - an outward showing of a repentant person. After all the horrible things she did to Mi Poong and her mom, anything less might have seemed insufficient. I'll never understand how she thought separating her son from the love of his life and treating her like dirt, on top of that, would be the best thing for her son.  He was like the living dead when the divorce finally went through.  "Oh, he'll get over it"?  Out of touch...so out of touch with her own son.  This is the situation where the parent doesn't know better.  Bravo to Dae Hoon, 10-year-old mind or not, who spoke the most sense in overriding MP's mom and haraboji regarding MP and JG getting back together.  There was that section, there, talking to JG, where he definitely sounded very much like a soon-to-be father-in-law.

And although I was small-time shipping YA with CJ's hubby before Dae Hoon came back into the scene, I was happy that he found someone else.  Wasn't her name Young Ae, also?  Or was that my imagination?  So he got YA, in a way.

And a little silly sidenote, if I may.  One of things that bugs me with these dramas is the fact that poor people seem to have an endless supply of winter coats.  I know - product placement - but it's so unrealistic and therefore distracting to me.  So when MP found her grandpa and inherited her proper place as his granddaughter/heir, I was happy.  Happy for her because she deserved it, finally!  And happy for me, because I can believe a rich person owning an endless supply of winter coats.  lol

Hello chingoos here, been absent for a few days N must admit i was also bz at the other thread of the Tailor drama where the OTP is officially a couple so ev.body there were just so excited about them (Lee dong gun & Jo yeon hee) ! we're all rooting for them before they even announced it so we're so ecstatic of their relationship after the drama ended!

@stroppyse good to see you here again, i agree the OTP shld've kissed some more, the PD is so stingy with us :)  @Ayame thnx for the vids, osts, etc it won't load for me but i'll try it later! seems like SHJ lost a bit of weight, a drama this long may hv been exhausting for sure!

i think the ending was not bad altho i was hoping haraboji will have a face to face confrontation with the two evil witches but none of those were demonstrated in the last 2 episodes!

@sava2sava hi hi to you again here @msmy @kappy & others to name a few, @rubie sorry if i missed some names but hope to meet/see you again in another kdrama & hopefully not this writer again :) and enough of SA/CJ characters! btw those two should not be together in their cell coz they're both obnoxious & will be in cahoots again, hope they spend a lot of time there, i hvnt really watched the finale with subs so not sure if their sentence was severe?

pls stay in touch chingoos & it was really nice to be here & have met all of you altho i came in rather late in joining this thread but you all have been so warm & very nice  in welcoming me! to all who have been sharing a lot of things about this drama KAM SA HAB NI DA THANK YOU V MUCH!

We'll see on another drama thread perhaps :):heart:

Just finished finale with subs & just realized now that SA's sentence was only for 10 yrs? That's too easy for her for what she'd done to MP & family, she shld serve more than that am sorry if sound harsh but she inflicted so much harm to people involved in this drama so much so that MP & her family were emotionally affected! so glad MP's father was on her side &  temporarily came out from his 10 year old self :) and gave his blessings to MP/JG, haboji is right he's the powerful man in the household coz grandpa really yields at whatever he says! We can tell they rushed the ending by showing MP/JG with their baby, we didn't even see anymore kissing scenes LOL! One good thing is that it's a happy ending!

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-blow-breeze-son-ho-joon-and-lim-ji-yeon-kiss-100441.html

since this must be the only memorable kiss we've seen so far, i thought of posting this here :) if it doesn't work just click the link fr hancinema

see you guys soon

@kappy chingoo as you noticed & this from your quote:

And a little silly sidenote, if I may.  One of things that bugs me with these dramas is the fact that poor people seem to have an endless supply of winter coats.  I know - product placement - but it's so unrealistic and therefore distracting to me.  So when MP found her grandpa and inherited her proper place as his granddaughter/heir, I was happy.  Happy for her because she deserved it, finally!  And happy for me, because I can believe a rich person owning an endless supply of winter coats.  lol

i agree chingoo!

@sava2sava hi chingoo howdy? can't seem to get detoxed of this drama :) pls share w/us what you'll be watching nxt ok?

take care

hi hi to all & thx endlessly to our great chingoo who was tirelessly t/lating for us this drama recaps etc @stroppyse pls keep in touch!

@Ayame am enjoying the vids you shared with us & am watching now so the vids will surely keep me busy :) mind u the numerous links u gave me about SHJ is not even half done coz u know we both watched tailor drama which also ended last w/end so my hands are full watching SHJ! :) mahalo again endlessly

I wanted to post this earlier, but couldn't because of university keeping me busy. Anyway, this will probably be my last post in this thread, since I've posted all that I've wanted to post now. Including BTS photos, videos, etc. that I could find. If you do look at the BTS photos on instagram that I posted... there are a LOT of them that I include under the spoiler sorry lol. It was interesting to read everyone's opinion on this drama~ Thank you to @stroppyse for translations and summaries, @0ly40 for posting the OST. And also thanks to @hibiscus23 @kappy @UnniSarah @USAFarmgirl @sava2sava and everyone else that I'm missing (I know there were more people that passed through this thread towards the end of the drama). I'll be checking out that drama that replaced Blow Breeze (which is called "You Are Too Much", I think) to see if I like it or not. I might see some of you at that thread, or maybe other threads. *waves* ^^v

Blow Breeze (BTS Videos Ep 1-53)

Full playlist: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x4tw7o_aoifan90_bb/1#video=x5djk1d

Blow Breeze BTS Photos

From Official Website - http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mipoong/photo/

Blow Breeze BTS Photos (Instagram) (*Not posted in order)

Spoiler

Blow Breeze Interviews/News Articles (Korean)

And lastly for those that missed the MBC Drama Awards, here's a repost of that:

Blow Breeze - MBC Drama Awards 2016

Playlist URL: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWi-O73jua-y4AMx9k_XyhRspXxeXlJp_

@Ayamechingoo thanks mahalo for sharing the insta pix, BTS, ratings & OST lists etc  & all your contributions to this thread past/present woah i did feast my eyes! so many good stuff luv them!

so sad to say g/bye to this post & i second you thnx to our chingoo @stroppyse for excellent t/lation of this drama tirelessly@Oly40 for beautiful OSTs and i said it before all of you who have welcomed me here so warmly albeit i was late in joining this thread my longtime chingoo @sava2sava @sava2sava@kappy@UnniSarah and i'm sure i have some other names which i can't think of now but you know who are. It's been a pleasure meeting/knowing you chingoos here & we're like a BB family now :).

Hope to see you in another drama chingoos, so pls keep in touch! if there's another drama you guys are following so we can still be sharing some stuff like we did here! :) so long & will surely miss our OTP esp SHJ

@Ayame.... Thanks for the shout out and I will try the next drama to see you therre chingu. @stroppyse... Hoping to see you there too... Will certainly miss you in the other thread .:heart::heart:

@hibiscus23.... Same here chingu and really enjoyed meeting you too. I just love Kdrama GR the chance to meet a lot of friends here 

@sava2sava @0ly40 @kappy @USAFarmgirl Hoping to see you guys at the new weekend drama coming up. :blush:

Finally watched the last episode. Didn't like the women in the drama. The evil ones but since I basically cried my way through the last episode; I supposed the writer did what a writer should do.

But gosh what a drag to come 53 episodes and MP coming out as such a sane mature person who doesn't even look to be in lust with the male lead. I am now going to look or rewatch some scenes from the actor playing HD's other weekend drama. Where he was more spunky.

• 6 months later...

I thought the drama did show some very affectionate and cute moments between Mipoong and her hubby.  They seemed so comfortable and so in love with each other.  That was very nice to watch.

I also really like watching Mipoong's biological grandfather.  He is just so natural in his acting.  

I'm enjoying the drama although at times it's painful to see how much Mipoong has to suffer at the hands of her mother in law.   Shinae is really bad too.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2016-2017] Blow Breeze 불어라 미풍아

Archived